Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Rooftop Revolving Lounge Area

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@ana,

I like half-boiled eggs too, but I love my egg yolks runny.  When I used to have breakfast out with a friend, she would use various condiments on the table to build a fort between us so she wouldn't have to look at my eggs.   

Jeanne Mayell, Lauren, Iridium and 3 people reacted
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

In a few minutes it will be the 40th anniversary of my eighteenth birthday. So I brought a cake and ice cream, and sparkling cider because I don't imbibe.  

I find I am so grateful to be alive this birthday. I am happy beyond words tonight.

Amyv, Coyote, Luminous and 19 people reacted
(@debbie-m)
Noble Member Registered

@ghandigirl And you are wiser than your years! Happy 18th to an old soul....

Jeanne Mayell, Luminous, Lauren and 5 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@ghandigirl, something told me to stop by the Rooftop Revolving Lounge before I retired for the night, and there you were!  Happy birthday, dear friend!  Thank you for being born and being among us.  Sending love and gratitude for the insights you generously share with this community.  Your wisdom, strength and courage always inspires me. 

Here is a special blessing in honor of your birthday: 

May you awaken to the mystery of being here
and enter the quiet immensity of your own presence.
May you have joy and peace in the temple of your senses.
May you receive great encouragement when new frontiers beckon.
May you respond to the call of your gift
and find the courage to follow its path.
May the flame of anger free you from falsity.
May warmth of heart keep your presence aflame and anxiety never linger about you.
May your outer dignity mirror an inner dignity of soul.
May you take time to celebrate the quiet miracles that seek no attention.
May you be consoled in the secret symmetry of your soul.
May you experience each day as a sacred gift,
woven around the heart of wonder.

- John O'Donohue

Lots of love to you!  ❤️ 

Luminous, Lovendures, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
(@polarberry)

Happy Birthday, ghandigirl! ? 

Jeanne Mayell, Luminous, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
(@lovendures)

May your next year be filled with many blessings @Ghandigirl.

Happy Birthday!

?

Jeanne Mayell, Luminous, Lauren and 5 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@ghandigirl ????? wishing you a very Happy Birthday.

Jeanne Mayell, Luminous, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
(@febbby23)

@ghandigirl dear sweet soul may you receive and enjoy abundant blessings, good health, love and peace always.  That is my birthday wish for you. ❤️???☮️????

Jeanne Mayell, Luminous, Lovendures and 5 people reacted
(@luminous)

Happy Birthday @ghandigirl !

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party - it's been a crazy day in the UK !

Jeanne Mayell, Coyote, deetoo and 3 people reacted
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Happy birthday @ghandigirl! Hope the coming year is stellar.??

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
(@ghandigirl)

It's the last minute of my birthday and it was great! Thank you for celebrating with me. :)

Jeanne Mayell, Iridium, deetoo and 3 people reacted
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

It has been raining in New York for the last three consecutive days. Is this a sign of climate change?

Luminous, Jeanne Mayell, Luminous and 1 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@enkasongwriter A sign of climate change (that scientists have been predicting for well over 20 years) is that the carbon molecule (and other greenhouse gasses, like methane), hold water longer in the atmosphere. Holding water longer means longer periods of drought and longer periods of rain.

It is not possible to determine if three days of rain or any anomalous periods of weather is due to climate change or just normal fluctuations.  We have to look at the whole season and compare it to past years. Scientists are always checking for trends in warming, drought, flood, weather fluctuations and storms to see if human-made climate change is really happening. They have found overall, extreme warming, extreme drought, and extreme storms accelerating over the past twenty-five years. So we know climate change is very real, but we won't know if these three days of rain which have followed weeks of drought, are part of the trend. I feel it is. 

Luminous, deetoo, Iridium and 3 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@jeanne-mayell   She's not obese... yet?

Luminous, deetoo, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

@jeanne-mayell More than ten years ago, I experienced a June full of rain before becoming normal by July.

Luminous, FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

New York City has moved to ranked-choice voting this year for the mayoral elections.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/nyc-elections-2021/ny-nyc-primary-elections-ranked-choice-voting-20210530-qoz4aof5wfgapitxc2se7sj2em-story.html

(@lovendures)

So I decided to chill in the lounge right now.

I should be on a plane that would have left a few minutes ago but as I was walking down my moms hallway with my luggage to get to the car and leave for the airport, I got a text it was delayed 55 minutes.

So I left my things by the front door and took a walk in the neighborhood for a half hour and chilled a bit.

Then at the right time I began my trek down the hall again to the door ready to leave and I was notified by text again that it was delayed an additional 25 minutes. 

So I took a seat on the downstairs couch and chatted with my daughter for awhile and made the trek through the door to the car.  Made it 4 blocks when text 3 came in.

Delayed another hour.  The plane has yet to leave it’s current location.

So we turned around and came back home.

First flight since the pandemic and strangely some things never change right?  Haha

If you were part of the Circle of Light Meditation tonight wishing me a safe journey, I believe your prayers are keeping me from being in an unsafe situation so thank you.

JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23, deetoo and 5 people reacted
(@lovendures)

We are now going to depart 3. 5 hours late. 
Because nothing is opened in our terminal our airline just brought us water and snacks. Water is key because you can’t bring any past security, you can’t access fountains  and all restaurants/ shops  are closed.

people had been calm but some are really having a struggle.  And even the gate agent is often seen wearing her mask below her nose, she is headed home, must have been a long day.

I am simply watch a part of life I haven’t seen in ages. Frustrated passengers due to repeated flight delays.
 The mask requirement and no access to water or food part is the wild card at play.  

I am so happy I was able to be at meditation tonight because I am still pretty chill even while wearing a hot stuffy mask.  12:30 am arrival hear we come.

Oh goodness. EMT’s are here now assisting a deplaning passenger from my arriving flight.  Sending her some healing energy.

Did I really miss flying? 
I am going to need to rethink that!

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@lovendures, while travel these days can be more than trying, I hope that you have arrived safely at your destination, that your time away is more than worth the inconvenience of the journey, and that the trip home is safe & hassle free.

ghandigirl, FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell and 11 people reacted
(@lovendures)

@cindy

Thank you Cindy!  

I know your words were sent with much care and love.

I landed  a little after 12:40am back home.  I helped drive my daughter out to where she will live for the summer, spent a few days there and few home.  It was a good trip.  A crazy "first flight" since pre-Pandemic times but rather normalizing I guess. 

I did receive a travel voucher for a future flight.  That was a great and pleasant surprise. 

ghandigirl, FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2 and 9 people reacted
Page 17 / 18
Share: