Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@frank, welcome to the community!  I loved your visualizations.  I also loved your description of the many ways one can ask for spiritual help.  I was raised Catholic as well -- church, schools, the whole works.  I never fit in there, but I kept my opinions to myself.  I never liked having to go through an intermediary (e.g. confessing to a priest, etc.) so I began dealing directly with my higher powers.  I haven't practice Catholicism since my 20's, but I still respect many of their ceremonies and rich traditions.  

In my life, spiritual guidance has come in myriad forms, even without consciously asking for it.  When I don't ask for help, unusual and/or synchronistic events will often occur.  (@michele-b refers to these as Godlinks, which I love.)  And if I'm still blinded to the truth, I just might be spiritually hit over the head. 

Years ago, when my faith was shaky and I was going through a very difficult period (divorced, angry,  confused, depressed), spirit spoke to me through the Rolling Stones.  Back then music was the one thing that kept me going.  One day when I was particularly distressed, three people told me, independent of one another, "well, you know the saying ... you can't always get what you want, but if  you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need."  Two of the people were coworkers, and the third was a cab driver.  When I arrived home, I turned on the radio and -- you guessed it -- there was that Stones' song.   I guess my spirit guides/angels knew that particular song's message would penetrate my thick skull.   All I could do was laugh, shake my head, and exclaim "Okay!"  But the best part was, I knew at that moment there were higher beings there to guide me.  I just have to be open to it.  

TriciaCT, Frank, Unk p and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

@laura-f

Yes. I listen to delta waves sleep music every night, barely audible on my laptop. I used to listen to the binaural beats music years ago Both help tremendously. :)

I had asthmatic bronchitis years ago. I described it as being kicked in the lungs. I am imagining your lungs pink and healthy. Sending warm blessings and cool air to your lungs. Get well soon.

TriciaCT, LalaBella, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@laura-f

Yes. I listen to delta waves sleep music every night, barely audible on my laptop. I used to listen to the binaural beats music years ago Both help tremendously. :)

I had ashtmatic bronchitis years ago. I described it as being kicked in the lungs. I am imagining your lungs pink and healthy. Sending warm blessings and cool air to your lungs. Get well soon.

deetoo, TriciaCT, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@deetoo

Deetoo! Love those Godwinks via co-wirkers,taxi driver and turning on radio to hear he Stones. Please repost story under Godwinks thread--this is a super fantastic example!!

TriciaCT, deetoo, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@michele-b,

Oops ... just realized that I called it Godlinks in my earlier post.  Sorry about that!

As you suggested I will also post under Godwinks forum.  

TriciaCT, Michele, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

Frank thank you. I have been told many times that I am empathic. I definitely feel like I have been covered in bandages and my solar plexus often has so much pain of emptiness if that makes sense. Thank you for your ideas and although I have problems with visualization, I will work on that because it looks so powerful. Thank youAgain. Anita

TriciaCT, Coyote, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@deetoo

I laughed with delight at "godlinks".  The perfect Freudian slip because they actually are just that and more ???

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@michele-b, Yup!  Linking up with the Almighty, as He/She is winking at you! ?

Michele and Michele reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

oops sorry about the repeated post.  Double blessings for Laura :)

deetoo, Coyote, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Hey @anita, don't worry too much about whether you can get the visualization "right."  When it comes to energy, it is really about your intent.  As long as you intend for the visualization to happen, the energy will follow your "instructions." 

However, it might also be useful to try a different method if it feels better.  Since you are empathic, perhaps feeling the energy would be better than visualizing it.  For example you could concentrate on your inner star (heart) with the intent to have the energy grow and start feeling warmth, tingling or coolness even. You could imagine the low energy as a heaviness around you or in your body and focus on replacing the heaviness with the warmth.

Another method might be to convert the visualization into a mantra.  Something like: "I am a star growing brighter and brighter, nothing can hold me in" over and over.

And of course you could do all three at the same time, lol. 

If you're still unsure, just ask for guidance, as I mentioned previously, and then do whatever feels right.

BlueBelle, Michele, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

Great ideas! Thank you!

Anita

ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@laura-f

I watch Beat Bobby Flay, and one night the challenger made the same dish: Fessenjen! It looked and sounded so good that you now have me wanting to try it!  Hope you are feeling a bit better!

Aheartbegins, LalaBella, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Dear friends,

Please continue to take care of yourselves in whatever way works for you.  We're all going through a very rough patch right now.

Looks like I'm getting another respiratory bug.  Second one in 5 weeks.  I awoke at 3 am and felt like I had the flu.  I honestly don't sense that I do -- at least I hope not.   My husband is better, but still coughing and feeling wiped out.  Anyway, I was wondering if you could send some healing vibes our way?  Thanks.

@laura-f, how are you feeling?

Aheartbegins, Unk p, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@deetoo

Feeling better, the infection part of it is pretty cleared up, but the asthma part is still going strong. I still feel cold most of the time (we're having a heat wave here the next couple of days so hopefully that will pass).

I'll do my best to send you all some healing energy, but my chakras right now feel kinda "scabbed over" and the qi is not flowing as well as it should.

My main comfort for these 3 illnesses I have been through this winter is Pho Ga - vietnamese rice noodle chicken soup, with lots of hot sauce. That and sitting with a heating pad on my chest... Try to not lay down for too long, try to get up and move around the house a bit every few hours at least, it will help prevent pneumonia (and blood clots).

Hang in there. Feel better.

deetoo, Aheartbegins, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@laura-f, I'm glad to hear about the infection clearing up.  I guess when you have asthma, any illness that compromises your lungs makes healing more challenging. 

Please don't send me your energy -- please conserve it and take care of yourself!  In this wonderful community, I know that healing vibes will be coming my way.  Just connecting with you helps me.

I really like Pho -- do you make it yourself?  We used to have a great Vietnamese restaurant here that made the best pho, but they've closed.  We have other restaurants, but they don't compare.  And I'd like to make that Iranian pomegranate chicken dish you mentioned earlier -- it sounds yummy!

Take good care, my friend.

Aheartbegins, Unk p, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Let’s keep Jerry Nadler and his family in our prayers.  Nadler was unable to attend the Senate trial proceedings today because his wife has pancreatic cancer.  He will be meeting with her doctors on Monday morning, and plans to be back late Monday in the Senate.

ghandigirl, FEBbby23, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@deetoo

No - when I feel sick I can't cook that much, and I also try to not contaminate the kitchen. In fact this last round I actually used Grub Hub a few times to order food in for delivery (hubby was away on biz)! 

As for the Fessenjan - I think I'll start a new thread here for sharing recipes... it's only got a few ingredients and is super easy.

? ❤️ ? ❤️ 

Aheartbegins, Unk p, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

If you need some inspiration, you might consider watching this beautiful video of Maya Angelou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtdffxj7pNE

Aheartbegins, deetoo, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

another night with insomnia. trying to get off the ambien...but again cannot. I was sleepy and fighting it for hours to go to bed at the time when I always do for good sleep hygiene and really thought tonight would be the night I would be able to skip the ambien but anxiety won.

Feeling like a failure, feeling worried about long term effects, and wondering if I should just stay on it and forgot about all that. it's not recommended long term but I know a few people who do use it that way. I take about 2.5 a night...barely any and it always does work.

back out here with the cat, listening to the delta waves music, took the ambien and letting it kick in for a few minutes before trying again.

so wish I hadn't been put on this med...

Today my ex wrote and asked how I am doing. That made me sad. I told him about the sleep issues and we discussed our daughter. He was kind and that feels worse sometimes somehow. I sometimes think I should have kept trying, but then I remember how bad it got and how desperate I felt. 

My new boyfriend is a dreamboat and we met in first grade. He is extremely supportive and sleeps very easily. I am jealous. I love my new cat but miss the new dog who I left behind for my ex and my kid. My life is all about changes and I feel stressed and full of regrets, often. I have to remind myself to stay in thr moment and be grateful for all good gifts,

I will keep trying to do calming healthy things. I am grateful the ambien works and in such tiny amounts. I will keep breathing, and doing my affirmations, and drink a cup of warm ilk and be kind to myself

Then think about beautiful images as I drift away to sleep. And I will cut myself a break for needing theambien\I am not perfect. 

raindrop, deetoo, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@ghandigirl

If I didn't know any better I would have thought that I Wrote this post about myself!  I have the same ambien issues and am getting myself weened off it too. I have not succeeded and worry about the long term affects too. My husband's head hits the pillow and he is asleep in 30 seconds! makes me nuts lol.  Just wanted you to know that you are not alone...

I still have trouble getting to sleep, but the sound machine with the ocean waves on a low volume has helped me to Stay asleep!  One other thing I've tried that also helps, is to read a semi-boring book or listen to youtube video of something you like but that drones on and one (on my kindle on "night" light). It helps put me to sleep a lot. Also chamomile tea before bed has helped a bit.

I pray you find a solution and if so, please do share ! Much ? ? ❤️ 

ghandigirl, raindrop, Aheartbegins and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 40 / 106
Share: