Paul Manafort Trial...

Notifications
Clear all

Paul Manafort Trial and Impact on Trump - what do you see?

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

This morning as I thought of Manafort for just a brief moment.   I wondered how he would fare in this trial and I heard quickly and loudly, the word "conviction."  

Then I asked if Trump would pardon him and I got that Trump will be mired in so many of his own legal problems at that point that the last thing he'll be thinking to do is to pardon Manafort. Trump would only pardon Manafort if it would serve him personally, like to show others that if they don't talk, he will save them if they are convicted.  But I don't think Trump will care at that point what happens to Paul Manafort.  

There's going to be another Manafort trial after this one, but  I think the word "conviction" applies just to the trials that's happening right now. I realize he's being tried on a number of counts. I got conviction on nine counts. 

I don't usually read this way, i.e., hearing one word or a number in my head, so it remains to be seen how accurate this kind of reading is.  But I had heard words about Kushner way back in March 2017 going to jail and now the rumors are circulating that Kushner will be indicted in the fall.  

Does anyone else have feelings about this trial?  Card throws? Visions? 

Lola, Paul W, RosieHeart and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

I think (next to no psychic ability although I have my moments) that Kushner will be one of the last to be charged. I feel that he is in deeper on a number of fronts and is a bigger fish than say, Don Jr.

Jeanne Mayell, Lola, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

You know, Paul … for someone who has "next to psychic ability," you've got a splendid gut and most people don't see their own deaths.

BlueBelle, Michele, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Gracesinger, I was going to say the same thing about Paul.  

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

An attorney friend told me today something I hadn't realized about the pardoning process.  She said that when you are pardoned, it is implicit that you have admitted you are guilty.  That means that if Manafort is pardoned and then tried in NY State court, which he would be, he would not be able to plead the fifth.  You can't plead the fifth once you've admitted you are guilty.  So he is caught in a web he can't escape. He is better off therefore, if he is found guilty to turn state witness than to go for a pardon. 

LB, SDJ, Marley and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

So the first trial is over and the jury has convicted him on 8 counts.  I had gotten 9, so it was a little off.  But it was hard to predict because the judge behaved negatively towards the prosecution and the President tweeted a jury tampering tweet this weekend when he knew the jury was out.  I had pulled cards Saturday on how the jury was responding to Trump's tweets and got that the jury felt pressure and oppressed by the President.  All of them asked to have their names withheld from the public afterwards.  

Those 8 counts are significant, however.  The big question is what the sentence will be.  Should be, in a normal court with a normal judge, around 10 years.  But this is not a normal judge. 

Paul W and Paul W reacted
ReplyQuote
 SDJ
(@sdj)
Reputable Member Registered

Trump is seriously pushing the idea of pardoning Manafort. He’s not particularly gifted at seeing the consequences of his actions. Will Manafort be pardoned? 

ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

The prosecution can always choose to re-try Manifort on the ten counts the jury was hung on and do a better job of presenting their case this time. There is also the trial about to start in D.C. Manifort is a long way from done.

Jeanne Mayell, LB, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Remember that before he can pardon Manafort, Manafort has to sign statements that he is guilty of the charges he’s been convicted of. He can’t claim he was innocent and be pardoned.  

I will look at what I see about what happens later.  

Paul W and Paul W reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: