Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] 2020 Election and the Transition

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Anyone else receive a letter from Nancy Pelosi today?

I was actually kinda happy I got it.  I don't remember receiving a previous letter from the Speaker of the House before, though I have often received them from my congressional reps and senators.  

It is a 1 page, double sided letter asking for a small donation to help the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) to keep the House in Democratic hands. She began by calling Trump a bully and continued point by point listing what is at stake in this election.

I can hear her voice in my head as I read her words.   

She began by calling Trump a bully and continues with point after point listing what is at stake in this election.  Included is a "photo" of her standing up to Trump during a meeting on Syria, you know that famous one at the White House where all the men are sitting and she stands up pointing her figure at him.

Anyway, just curious at to see what states are being targeted with this letter and if multiple members in a family will receive one.  Too far, I am the only one in my household.

Avon, PamP, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@moonchild)
Trusted Member Registered

@lovendures I got one about 3 weeks ago. I live in Massachusetts.  I donated ? 

PamP, DolphinSpirit, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@carmen)
Prominent Member Registered

@Natalie

Amazing post and spot on! I have never felt sorry for Melania. She knew what she was getting involved with when she married '45.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Isabelle, PamP, polarberry and 11 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@Lovendures

I get those all the time. I will never donate to the DCCC, they are part of the problem. I will donate to Biden directly instead, and also to other races out of state that are important.

@Natalie

So great to see you on here! It's been a while! Your post is exactly what I used to tell people when the whole "Free Melania" nonsense was going on.  Transactional - a loaded word that pretty much sums up her whole shebang.

Isabelle, PamP, polarberry and 21 people reacted
(@lovendures)

Posted by: @lovendures

I was actually kinda happy I got it.  I don't remember receiving a previous letter from the Speaker of the House before, though I have often received them from my congressional reps and senators.  

Just too clarify, I was happy to get it because I had a chance to see where her mind is and what angle she is using to motivate people.  I know it wasn't a personal letter.  haha. 

Michele, PamP, Tiger-n-Owl and 13 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@natalie—rereading your post of Melania, it is the best thing I’ve read about her anywhere.  

TriciaCT, Unk p, Isabelle and 17 people reacted
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell and @natalie

I agree! Natalie's post about Melania was very clear and insightful. ? 

On an ironic note, Melania's former best friend says she used private emails in the White House! Oh I hope the dems run with that one! ? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/melania-trump-used-private-email-accounts-while-in-the-white-house-says-former-colleague-and-friend/2020/09/01/3f678ae2-eb3c-11ea-99a1-71343d03bc29_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_todays_headlines&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_headlines

deetoo, Lilinoe, Vesta and 15 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@triciact

If the Democrats managed to turn the Senate Blue they should bring her back and question her for hours on hours with no breaks about her emails oh and her claim of her genius Visa and since Trump has been trying to take citizenship from people they can refer her to them. Oh and all the Dems can wear I don’t care shirts while they grill her. I know they wouldn’t do it but she should get a taste of her own medicine. 

lenor, Avon, Lilinoe and 15 people reacted
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

I cannot begin to describe the great sense of foreboding I have when I think about November and what follows. Since I try to dwell in the light as much as possible, I won't share the specifics of my fears here and bring you all down with me. Let me just say that my sense of doom is palpable.

At any rate, I did a reading on what will happen following the election and I'd be happy to hear your interpretation of the reading, which you can find here.

I was surprised to find the cards were much more positive than I expected, which should be a good thing -- and yet my foreboding remains.

deetoo, CC21, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@sistermoon

I just opened a new thread "Republic Red Mirage which fits your feelings/ this post perfectly. Please go on over and consolidate this post and all else you have shared.  Its the polarity of our gut feelings of dread vs your cards and what we know is happening now.

The link to this thread for sharing purposes or references:

Republican Red Mirage – U.S. 2020 November Election – Presidential & Congressional – World Predictions Forum
https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/u-s-presidential-candidates-for-2020/republican-red-mirage/

deetoo, CC21, lenor and 7 people reacted
(@lovendures)

Wisconsin voting right now is a mess.  On September 17th  the state absentee  ballots are required to go out to voters by law.  Problem is the State Supreme court just ruled today that they can't go out until the court decides whether to add the Green Party's presidential ticket to the ballot.  300,000 of the 1 million requested ballots have already been prepared and some have already gone out. 

No word on when this might be decided or what happens if the 17th comes and goes and there is not decision or time to change the ballots.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/10/politics/wisconsin-supreme-court-absentee-ballots-green-party-lawsuit/index.html

CC21, LalaBella, lenor and 5 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@lovendures

Both Hawkins and Kanye(another person suing to be on the ballot) are both well known to be surrogates of Trump and doing so to try to tip the scales for him. I, personally, will hand deliver my ballot at a dropoff if necessary or even vote in person if it comes to it. Many other blue voters I know here will do the same. Wisconson will basically come down to rural vote(red) vs. Milwaukee and Madison. The 2 cities are fortifying their process right now to make it easier to overcome voting obstacles places by the GOP. The rural vote is heavily red anyway so their unchecked obstruction won't have that much impact. This state really comes down to turnout in Milwaukee/Madison and it looks as though there is a lot being done by local government to keep it from getting affected too much by the antics.

lenor, CC21, LalaBella and 13 people reacted
(@lenor)

So TikTok is launching a voter registration campaign. With the outcome of the Tulsa campaign party turnout of a million people,(haha, the joke was on him) I think the moron is in trouble. Those kids really know how to use social media. I think the moron should not have tried to ban TikTok because it seems it is going to come back and bite him.

TikTokers launch voter registration campaign

www.kten.com/story/42615939/tiktokers-launch-voter-registration-campaign

Moonbeam, CC21, LalaBella and 15 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Kanye West most his bid to be in the Wisconson Ballot. All the lying and scheming did not work. What the hell is the Birthday Party??? 

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/09/11/kanye-west-loses-lawsuit-get-wisconsin-presidential-ballot/5775520002/

Moonbeam, lenor, Moonbeam and 1 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@jessi1978

The guy named his kid North West. Does it surprise you at all that he calls his political party the Birthday Party? He's a damn joke that thinks he is the most clever and witty person to ever live. 

He fits perfectly with Trump-delirious moron with an insanely inflated sense of self worth and importance.

Moonbeam, lenor, Moonbeam and 3 people reacted
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

Many say that Trump may not concede should he lose. Many of us here see Biden winning, but I did see violence after the election.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/515285-bernie-sanders-warns-that-trump-may-not-concede-the-election

What are we seeing here? How long will it take for it to solve?

lenor and lenor reacted
(@moonbeam)

@lenor, the kids who cannot vote are going to roast him every way they can.

2ndfdl, deetoo, Share and 7 people reacted
(@lenor)

@moonbeam. I sure do hope so!!

FEBbby23, deetoo, Share and 3 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

FEBbby23, lenor, Enkasongwriter and 3 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@journeywithme2

I'm actually glad Stone said it. I'm fairly co fident that was the plan anyway, but now its been stated and is out in the open so there can be some planning against it. I dont think Stone just put it in his head the past few days. Its long been there and almost certainly came from Putin, or one of the other autocrats Trump cozies up to.

Moonbeam, FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
Page 5 / 86
Share: