[Closed] The Great Turning Part 5

(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

MTG ranting that Nancy Pelosi has "Gazpacho Police" 

lol.  MTG not the sharpest Q-cumber in the soup drawer

JourneyWithMe2, theungamer, raincloud and 11 people reacted
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Personally I think MTG's blunders are intentional. That way everyone is too busy mocking the error to parse the intent behind them. She does this frequently. Her grammar and spelling suck up all the air in the room instead of the real meaning behind them, but her intended audience (who doesn't care about the error anyway) is taking careful note about Pelosi and fascism.

Boebert does it too -- and of course TFG was a master of it, although the extent to which he wrote his own tweets is debatable (but would then make the errors even more calculated).

I eagerly look forward to the time when these people are fully behind us, although maybe they will always be there, in one form or another. Sigh.

la la la serenity now, serenity now, unconditional universal love, serenity now la la la 😜 

Kateinpdx, Dracaena, matildagirl and 17 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@sistermoon She loves attention but she wouldn't want to appear stupid, and that's how she appears.  She is an ignorant person, as was TGF, hence the term "goon". The trick however, is that we eagerly read her gaffs, as we did T's, becasue we think it's going to make us feel better. Instead, I get a stomach ache and I had stopped reading about her and TGF. I will try not to read about them again until they have become a footnote in history. 

blackandwhite, Cindy, Vesta and 17 people reacted
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

I went to the doctor for my BP pills. He asked if I had modified my diet since I quit the cholesterol pills. I said you mean the pills that almost killed me with all the side effects?  I guess that bothered him cause we went of talking about how high prices were. He said blame Biden. I said I don't know about that. He said etc., don't you agree? I said I worry about dictatorship. He said You don't want the government to tell you what to do. I left it at that. Don't want to make my doctor mad.

Lauren, Vesta, deetoo and 7 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@lenor i thought of you when i read this on twitter:

Mueller, She Wrote

@MuellerSheWrote

Thinking about the breaking news that NARA has made a criminal referral to DOJ: in an era when lurking fascism wants to ban history from being taught and books are being banned and burned, it would be a delicious turn of events if Librarians and Historians helped save democracy.

Lovendures, Lauren, JourneyWithMe2 and 15 people reacted
(@blackandwhite)
Noble Member Registered

@sistermoon never forget covfefe 

Kateinpdx, Lovendures, Lauren and 11 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@unk-p   She [removed].  I can not begin to tell you how it distresses me that she is my District 11 "Representative". She sure as  *$&# doesn't represent me and most of the people I know. David Perdue had a "town meeting" here on February the 8th. I wonder if anyone asked him what part did he play in the coup attempt of Jan.6th and does he think Amendment 14 applies to him for ever holding office again?

Just gonna put this out there: I have a strong feeling the something that will come to Light and shock the world and end TFG and his cohorts for good and well?!?!? (as has been mentioned in predictions prior made)  Is that they (he and his crony Putin) has a HUGE hand in covid-19 getting out of that lab and out of control... they just didn't think it would run so out of control and boomerang on them.

Nothing I can prove at this time.... but it has to be something on this level to really shock the entire world... because nothing he has done thus far has caused much of wrinkle in the fabric of our time and shocked around the world. This??? Would really blow it all up if found out and proven.

Lauren, FEBbby23, Vesta and 7 people reacted
(@lenor)

@unk-p I read somewhere that it was also referred to the Oversight Committee! 

Lauren, deetoo, Unk p and 5 people reacted
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@elaineg 

Perhaps you can find a new doctor. Politics has no business in the exam room.

Kateinpdx, Lauren, ElaineG and 17 people reacted
(@unk-p)

Posted by: @elaineg

Don't want to make my doctor mad.

It may be too late to worry about his madness.  I agree with @raincloud, time to find a new Dr.  He already "almost killed" you once- 

Kateinpdx, lenor, Iridium and 9 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@journeywithme2 did you see this?:

Victoria Brownworth

@VABVOX

Feb 6

Jimmy Carter is trending, so reposting this important story from 2019. Hillary Clinton won 3M more votes than Trump and won as many votes and states as Obama 2012. It was always suspicious. Carter says a full investigation would show Trump lost in 2016

Jimmy Carter said: "A full investigation would show that Trump didn't actually win the election in 2016. He lost the election, and he was put into office because the Russians interfered on his behalf." As did James Comey, who was investigating Trump but hid that from voters.

I keep hoping that TFG will be proven, beyond doubt, to be an imposter, and that everything he ever did will be un-done.  Including Bratt Kavanaugh.  And Amy Bony-Carrot, who, if it was up to me, would be simply dropped off at the nearest fire station, like an unwanted child.

2ndfdl, Kateinpdx, JKL1907 and 31 people reacted
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@unk-p  Yes, I'd tell him a pain in my chest, my knees going out so I could hardly walk , other things too, and finally liver damage where he said we'll watch that. The last one is what told me what the problems were, he didn't. He wanted to give me another pill with even more side affects. He is also the one, that tried to give me a BP pill that I told him I couldn't take. I'd change doctors, but most of the doctors around here only know how to give out pills. They sure don't believe in operations. 

lenor, Lauren, Unk p and 5 people reacted
(@jackofhearts)
Noble Member Registered

@elaineg wow I would be stupified if my doctor brought up such a conversation point.

Kateinpdx, ElaineG, Unk p and 9 people reacted
(@lenor)

@elaineg Look for a female doctor, studies show they are more empathetic and will listen to patients. There a quite a few studies verifying that patients do better with female doctors.

Female doctors show more empathy than male doctors — Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford

www.phc.ox.ac.uk/news/blog/female-doctors-show-more-empathy-than-male-doctors

Newer information!

Fewer Deaths Among Patients Of Female Doctors: Are Male Doctors Doing Something Wrong?

www.forbes.com/sites/rebeccacoffey/2021/07/16/fewer-deaths-among-patients-of-female-doctors-are-male-doctors-doing-something-wrong/

Kateinpdx, Vesta, matildagirl and 7 people reacted
(@allyn)

@journeywithme2 

I really, truly wish that an event will occur that will cause the world to realize exactly what these conservative, right-wing, homicidal, insane, racist, sexist, egotistical, criminal, hypocritical terrorists are (I have many more adjectives, but we don't have all year to list them, and a few aren't suitable for polite company 😉).

That being said, it simply isn't going to happen.  As I stated numerous times, you can have all the proof in the world, but it won't change or stop these people.  This week, a black man in Mississippi was chased down and shot at by two white men for (God forbid!) was doing his job for Fedex and was delivering packages.  And this was AFTER those three men were found guilty of murder in the Arbery case and are about to go to trial for felony hate crimes.  A Republican candidate in Arizona has made an ad where he shoots at Biden and other democrats, including Mark Kelly, whose wife was actually shot in the head a few years ago.  In Ontario, you have a bunch of truckers who are still blocking traffic and commerce, yet they are doing more damage to the economy than the Covid-19 restrictions ever did.  And Putin is about to invade a country for no other reason than to try to unite the Russians against the so-called "Western aggression" (seriously?!)

There are simply too many people who have surrendered to the darkness for me to believe that any single event (or even fifty years' worth of them) will cause people to change.  And it is all down to psychology.  Every person views him or herself as the hero of their story.  A defendant who got caught will often try to paint the officer and/or the prosecutor as the bad guy out to get them.  Likewise, the officer and prosecutor will portray the defendant as someone who has no respect for the law and incapable of being redeemed (meaning that imprisonment is the only option.)

Pro-Putin Russians believe that Russia was wronged after the breakup of the USSR and will support Putin no matter what, even if his actions costs thousands or even millions of lost lives and damages, as well as starting a conflict that will take many years from either country to recover from.  Trump's supporters will never believe that Trump is wrong on anything and will continue to lash out at the alleged "tyranny" of the "liberal left," even when it is almost always them responsible for the violent rhetoric and even deaths (seriously, how many democrats and others have been victims of harassment, threats, and even violence over the last few decades?  Honestly, I lost count!  How many Republicans and right-wing nuts suffer the same treatment?  I can probably count them on one hand!)

Yes, the day will come when this madness will calm down a bit.  It may be many, many years after I am dead and gone, but it will happen eventually.  But the solution will be is that many of these instigators will also be dead and gone.  Eventually, Putin will die, whether by natural causes or not, he won't be around forever.  Trump will eventually die, likely the victim of court-related stress and too many Big Macs.  Fox News will eventually bite off more than they can chew when they get sued by various parties who will hold them responsible for the hate they have spread.  And racists (and the 1/6 terrorists) will eventually go to prison or die themselves (it is not an accident that the states with the highest Covid-19 rates are all red states).

I applaud your position that you think that eventually these people will change, but I can assure you they won't.  I have witnessed first-hand the brainwashing these people go through, and I know it is too late for them.  The best thing we can do is hold the fort (aka-ensure our existing rights aren't taken whilst minimizing the damage these people cause to the best of our ability) and continue to fight for the children who come after us, which I am proud to say that we seem to be winning on.  For as much as these people argue that they are the true "Christians" and "patriots," many young people can see right through their lies.

ghandigirl, Lauren, Vesta and 7 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@allyn  I am not naive...nor am I a Pollyanna. I do not believe all of those people will change... I believe there are MORE OF US than there are of them!!!!!  I believe that what they have done is so horrific that once exposed ? Some? Will be held accountable...and yes.. some will die..either from shock at being caught and facing jail time..and some? Will die from other causes...and the 33% base he has? Will crawl off and hide out under a rock because the uproar and rising up of the rest us? Will make the changes to make this world a better place. At my age? I may, or may not, live to see it here in this plane. That matters not to me.... what matters? Is helping all of these bright young people coming up make a better world for themselves....and help clean up the mess we have made thus far. I? Believe in us... the Light workers, the Light Bearers, the new generations growing up and not accepting of the ways of the 33%.

2ndfdl, DannyBoy, Lauren and 21 people reacted
(@allyn)

My apologies, @JourneyWithMe2.  When I read your previous post, I assumed that you meant that the right-wing nuts will have a revelation one day that (1) they are wrong in declaring the rest of us to be their enemies, (2) that Trump, McConnell, Putin, etc. don't have their best interests at heart, and (3) their use of harassment, intimidation, and violence against us is not only un-American, but terroristic as well.  But your current post lifts my spirits, as I believe you feel as I do that the future generation will be the ones that will truly lead us into the light, and the promise of that is the reason the rest of us are still resisting and fighting. 

So again, I truly apologize for misunderstanding your meaning from your previous post.  I certainly wasn't thinking you were naive or a "Pollyanna" in any way.  If anything, I was lamenting the stupidity and evil from the right-wing nuts, as I believe that they have truly crossed the line of no return and that nothing can save them at this point.  Heck, I believe that if Jesus himself came down and denounced Trump, these so-called "Christians" would turn against Jesus.  So they will end eventually.  But thank you for focusing on the future generations, which is what I should be doing in the first place instead of crying over the bad choices of the current generation.  

No, I don't believe the future generation will sweep all the evil away and make things right.  They will make their own mistakes along the way that future generations will have to fix eventually.  But hope always wins out, so thank you again for reminding me about that.  Have a great day, light warrior!

2ndfdl, ghandigirl, Lauren and 15 people reacted
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@lenor I think I will do that. Thank you.

lenor, Unk p, lenor and 1 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@allyn  No offense was taken... I was just clarifying what I was saying. To err is human, to forgive Divine - yes... all generations make their mistakes... I choose to see the side of Love winning. 😊  For in the end?Truth? Love is all there is. Hugs and know that you too? Are a Light Worker. When you get weary? We lift each other up and let Truth Shine and remind each other who we are. 

If I was able to do that for you today? I am honored and my heart gladdened.

2ndfdl, Lauren, MtGal99 and 13 people reacted
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

Recently, some New Yorkers are seeing their energy bills soar. 

https://abc7ny.com/con-edison-coned-7-on-your-side-new-york-city/11549286/

I am sensing that ConED is doing this for nefarious purposes.

lenor, Unk p, lenor and 1 people reacted
Page 41 / 51
Share: