The Great Turning P...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Great Turning Part 5

(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

Thought I would share a bit of song...speaking to the Great Turning and Jan 6th: https://youtu.be/H_IxT2ei9gU

Lauren, matildagirl, Iridium and 15 people reacted
 Rose
(@susan-daisy)
Reputable Member Registered

@journeywithme2 

OMG! This song has been stuck in my head for two weeks but it's Randy Rainbow's version. Then I had to watch the movie. There's a message for us but I don't know what it is.

Lauren, Vesta, deetoo and 11 people reacted
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

@april-rosa I saw Rent at a local theater years ago and couldn't remember the gist of the story so I looked it up. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0294870/plotsummary And in a completely predictable and normal way, their summary is:  "Shows how much changes or doesn't change in the 525,600 minutes that make up a year."

That's how I feel about life now, the more things change the more they stay the same. Maybe I've just been stuck in the house too long!

Lauren, Vesta, deetoo and 11 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@april-rosa perhaps the message from the rewrite of that song is how the insurrection will go down in history—a treasonous bungled  attempt to overthrow the US government by ignorant duped  followers of a treasonous bum.  

Lauren, 2ndfdl, Iridium and 17 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@maggieci our posts crossed in the mail. Combining your Reading based on the musical Rent story, and mine, based on the satirical new lyrics, the lies of narcissistic traitors will continue to dupe their followers throughout time. To avoid repeating this scenario any time soon, we need to keep informing the public, call out lies,  and continue to reach out to our country people with a strong and positive vision that acknowledges their pain and offers hope to all.  

Lauren, 2ndfdl, Vesta and 15 people reacted
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell I like that!

Lauren, Vesta, deetoo and 9 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@journeywithme2 

I loved this!  Thank you!

Lauren, Vesta, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

Prince Andrew got stripped of titles amid a sex scandal.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/13/uk/prince-andrew-military-titles-charities-intl-gbr/index.html

Lauren, lenor, Vesta and 7 people reacted
(@unk-p)

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a blessed MLK day.

Three days after Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated, Nina Simone (the High Priestess of Soul), and her band, performed a song they had just learned.  Written by their bass player, Gene Taylor, after hearing of King's death:

Once upon this planet earth,
Lived a man of humble birth,
Preaching love and freedom for his fellow man,
He was dreaming of a day,
Peace would come to earth to stay,
And he spread this message all across the land.
Turn the other cheek he’d plead,
Love thy neighbor was his creed,
Pain humiliation death, he did not dread
With his Bible at his side,
From his foes he did not hide,
It’s hard to think that this great man is dead. (Oh yes)
Will the murders never cease,
Are thy men or are they beasts?

What do they ever hope, ever hope to gain?
Will my country fall, stand or fall?
Is it too late for us all?
And did Martin Luther King just die in vain?
Cos he’d seen the mountain top,
And he knew he could not stop,
Always living with the threat of death ahead.
Folks you’d better stop and think
Cos we’re heading for the brink.
What will happen now that he is dead?
He was for equality,
For all people you and me,
Full of love and good will, hate was not his way.
He was not a violent man.
Tell me folks if you can,
Just why, why was he shot down the other day?
Well see he’d seen, the mountain top.
And he knew he could not stop,
Always living with the threat of death ahead.
Folks you’d better stop and think…and feel again,
For we’re heading for the brink.
What’s gonna happen now that the king of love is dead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJvd07A0pm4

Lauren, Lovendures, lenor and 15 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

JEANNE MAYELL

Topic starter

@bluebelle @lynnventura I too am hopeful. I feel there is much we still don't know so I'm not going to predict it yet.  But I'm not filled with dread. We will do another Read the Future in a few weeks in my Become Deeply Intuitive Class. There is an enormous amount of talent in that group.  We shall see what we get!

I still feel the truth of that vision you had Bluebelle of a tree which represented our democracy and our base of freedom rising strong.  

It is times like these that we have to keep up our focus on the light. We are a resilient people. 

AstartemysticdreamsLauren and 9 people liked

DannyBoy

(@dannyboy)

Honorable MemberRegistered

01/20/2022 1:35 pm   

Posted by: @bluebelle

Everyone’s mind is going to the darkest, scariest place, the place of losing our democracy, which may actually cause a huge turn out for the midterms.

I used to love my Apple News subscription and would voraciously devour everything every day.  I've completely stopped because it really appears like Biden and the Democrats are held to an impossible standard while the Republicans get a pass on everything.

But what you said in what I quoted above really resonated with me.  If the side effect of the "now times" is more record turnout in the midterms - a place where we historically see more voter apathy I'll take these stupid headlines.

BTW, if any of you have a Twitter account seek out DougJBalloon - his account is the New York Times Pitchout and it really makes you chuckle how on the nose he is with all his fake NYT article headlines.

A couple of recent ones:

Biden is Sending Free COVID tests to every American Household.  Not Everyone Thinks That's The Best Use of His Time

OPINION:  To Save His Presidency, Joe Biden Must Begin Posting His Wordle Scores on Twitter. 

Trump Appears To Have Committed Several Felonies.  But Biden is no Angel Either.

YouKateinpdxmysticdreams and 6 people liked

Allyn

(@allyn)

Reputable MemberRegistered

01/20/2022 2:57 pm   

Ok, I see a lot of doom and gloom about the defeat of the voting rights act by the Republicans and their two allies pretending to be Democrats.  But while that has been going on, there is a bit of good legal news on the horizon.

The opposition is moving against Trump.  Quickly.

First, we received news that the New York AD made public statements that she had proof that Trump was inflating values to get loans and then deflating them to save on taxes.  (We knew that already, of course).  But the fact that she was willing to say that publically is very, very telling.  Methinks she is getting ready to make her move.  Further, if Trump files a libel suite on her claiming she is lying, then she can show the proof in that court and there is NOTHING Trump can do about it (aka he can't argue executive privilege, immunity, etc.)

Second, the Supreme Court ruled last night that Trump can't block the January 6 committee from getting the documents they have been requesting.  Further, they added insult to injury by saying that even if Trump was currently the President as opposed to Biden, his request for executive privilege would still not outweigh the January 6 Committee (I think that is a way to tell the "Trump Really Won" crowd to shut up.).  

Third, the district attorney in Georgia has just announced today that they are convening a special grand jury to see if Trump can be charged with trying to interfere with the votes.

The noose is closing around Trump and his people.

But will he be convicted?  That is the issue, isn't it?  Methinks he won't, as he will still be protected by his cronies in Congress and his merry band of followers.  Also, I suspect that he will probably die before it gets that far, from stress, if nothing else.

But will he be CHARGED?  I suspect he will, and soon.

Thanks to the voting restriction laws and the fact that the nation is in a dour mood, it is almost certain that the Democrats will lose the House, the Senate, or both in November 2022.  Something could change, of course.  If, for example, Roe v. Wade is overturned, that may energize enough voters to turn on Republicans, but I don't know if it will be enough.

But that isn't important.  The fact remains that the Democrats time is running out.  They MUST charge Trump soon, because if Republicans take control, they will shut down the Committee.  However, if the committee submits charges to Garland BEFORE Republicans take power, then there is nothing Republicans can do to stop it.  Basically, Garland is then free to charge Trump, and the Republicans can't stop him.  

Basically, if Trump is CHARGED before November, then that is all that is needed.  Trump won't be able to get rid of the charges before the 2024 election (the DAs will use his "delay the process" tactics against him), so the country voters will have to contend if they want four more years of the Trump show with all the charges and drama (by then, I say no, as many voters are praying for normalcy to return.)  

So let Republicans think they will take over.  Let their voters get complacent. 

Democrats MUST charge Trump before November 2022 or lose this chance.  Let the Republicans get on board and support Trump, then start releasing proof of Trump's betrayal and make the Republicans look "pro-crime" as opposed to "pro-law."  Let Trump rave and scream and cause more scandal.  Let him try to avoid mentioning the charges as he talks at his rallies (that will be interesting, as I imagine he will incriminate himself, as he usually does.)

Again, it doesn't matter.  There are those who love Trump and will never turn on him, and there is some (like me) who will never support him.  But it is the voters who are basically neutral that we need.  If you convince them that Trump will bring more trouble than he is worth, then they will support someone else, because they will be tired of it all.  (Think of it like "Clinton fatigue."  Many independent voters were so tired of seeing Hillary and hearing about Benghazi that it turned them off.  But if Trump has all those hearings in the next two years, the American independent voter will hopefully feel the same way about him).

All we need is the spark that will drive our own lethargic voters to the polls this midterm.  I pray that the threat of Roe v. Wade being overturned will be enough.  Because no matter what Republicans do, they can't realistically hold back the women vote.  And God help them if they try.

YouLaurenNovember and 9 people liked

BlueBelle

(@bluebelle)

Prominent MemberModerator

01/20/2022 4:07 pm   

In an email today, I received this:

"If you hear the dogs, keep going. If you see the torches in the woods, keep going. If there's shouting after you, keep going. Don't ever stop. Keep going. If you want a taste of freedom, keep going."

~ Harriet Tubman

No Matter What....Keep Going!!    

So how, what is God saying to our  collective? 

CC21

(@cc21)

Reputable MemberContributor    

01/20/2022 4:11 pm   

@bluebelle This is great! It really resonates. We are all feeling so fatigued...but we have to keep going! The only way out is through. Thank you!

YoughandigirlLauren and 7 people liked

Lovendures

(@lovendures)

Famed MemberModerator

01/20/2022 4:27 pm   

Posted by: @dannyboy

OPINION:  To Save His Presidency, Joe Biden Must Begin Posting His Wordle Scores on Twitter. 

I must confess, I love Wordle. 

That works for me.  

And keep him to 30 minute news conferences.  Or have Jill in the back of the room staring him down so he cuts his remarks short.  

But if Biden can keep things short, authentically upbeat and hopeful, TFG will be self destructing in the near future so...  

Be a tortoise Mr.  President. After everyone  finally turns around from the mayhem from TFG, you could surprise them by how far you have quietly carried the country on your back and into the light.

We MUST envision the light everyone.  Our country surround by light.  And Angels and light workers and helpers and authentic truth sayers and doers.

Envision these roadblocks our nation is facing being blown away, as if they were powder sugar piled high on a cookie when someone breathes out before taking a bite.

The sugar silently explodes through the air right? Woosh!  

But remember to wear white and not black...cuz of the power sugar roadblock deconstruction thing you just did. Trust me!  I always seem to be wearing black around powder sugar cookies...and then I suddenly must do laundry.  And clean the floor, somethings a good part of the house.  

Though it would make for an excellent reason to do laundry right?

Jeanne MayellKateinpdxAstarte and 8 people liked

Jeanne Mayell

(@jeanne-mayell)

Illustrious MemberAdmin

Topic starter  01/20/2022 4:31 pm   

@bluebelle @lovendures @lynnventura  What if we are here on this earth now to raise the vibration, to increase the light?  To me, that would mean to become a heart warrior. The Tibetans called it a Shambala Warrior. There's a 12th century prophecy that in the future, the world would hang in the balance. At that time, they foretold that a Shambala Warrior would save the world.  He would come armed with a courageous heart and the understanding of the radical interconnectivity of all beings. These would be his weapons.

They also said that this time, the warrior would be not just one person but a whole collective of people. Light workers like you all.  

To be a heart warrior means we must have hope.  Not pink clouding, but Active Hope, as in hope not as something we have, but something we DO.

I don't think MLK, Jr. would have been dispirited by a few negative votes in the Senate.  He had a lot more negative votes than that in his day.  

How's this for a reminder of active hope:  As I was trying to find my hope for voting rights this morning, my husband came home from a library sale today and he popped a book in front of me. It was a signed pristine copy of Through My Eyes by Ruby Bridges, the six year old child at the center of 1960 southern school desecration.  She's the tiny girl in a white dress in the Norman Rockwell painting being accompanied by Marshalls to school.   Her story told from her child view is pure inspiration. She walked through crowds of screaming, rock-throwing people into a white school where the children immediately vacated.  She spent months alone in this school with one amazing teacher who changed her life. 

KateinpdxAstarteLauren and 12 people liked

Jeanne Mayell

(@jeanne-mayell)

Illustrious MemberAdmin

Topic starter  01/20/2022 4:34 pm   

PS Eventually the other children began returning to the school. Ruby received one on one tutoring from an incredible compassionate teacher who was from, of all places, Boston. The teacher is in the book too. She inscribed the copy we have with "Keep the faith!"  

KateinpdxAstarteghandigirl and 12 people liked

tgraf66

(@tgraf66)

01/20/2022 4:34 pm   

@allyn I generally agree with your assessment, but I would like to comment on this:

Posted by: @allyn

The fact remains that the Democrats time is running out.  They MUST charge Trump soon, because if Republicans take control, they will shut down the Committee.  However, if the committee submits charges to Garland BEFORE Republicans take power, then there is nothing Republicans can do to stop it.  Basically, Garland is then free to charge Trump, and the Republicans can't stop him.  

I am admittedly a bit anxious about the timing as well, but as quickly as things are now progressing,  not terribly so.  Even should both Houses flip to R, the current incarnation will still be in office until Jan 3, 2023, so the election date is not the final cutoff.

Given that the committee has stated that they are already coordinating with relevant authorities - including the DOJ - for this investigation to avoid duplication of effort, I would imagine that the DOJ already has enough information in hand to charge, if not the Orange One himself yet, at least some of the close associates and underlings, as well as launching additional investigations into the participation by sitting members of Congress in the events last year.  Those charges could well happen after the public hearings and interim report. The committee has said that they will be holding public hearings in the Spring (possibly as soon as March), and the first interim report from the committee to the DOJ will be submitted by or in June.  Once the interim report is in the DOJ's hands, the DOJ can proceed with some of those things at least, and that much will already be safe from the R's trying to undo them later.

However, the Orange One was always going to be the last one they went after.  Now that the walls are closing in around his children and close associates, it's a good bet that the committee already has most of the proof they need for the DOJ to go after him as well. The DOJ, I think, is simply waiting until the committee submits a more detailed and more final (if not fully final) report of their investigation to ensure they have every possible scrap of evidence to bring an almost ironclad case against him.  The DOJ is or has already likely sifted, sorted, collated, and cross-referenced everything they have in the case so that when the time comes, it can and will move swiftly.

The committee's recent requests for cooperation and/or subpoenas for Ivanka, Kimberly Guilfoyle, and E.Trump as well as T's lawyers are a very good indication that they already have the information they need, but the committee is publicly - and for the legal record - giving them the opportunity to tell the truth in public for once before they get slammed in court.  This way they can't claim that they didn't have an opportunity to "tell their side".  

The Committee has also alluded to the probability that their full final report will be submitted for the record (and to the DOJ) in the fall, just in time for election season to be really heating up.  Yes, it's last minute, but if the final report reveals what all of us already presume it will with regard to current members of Congress, even if those people are re-elected, they can still be indicted by the DOJ and potentially convicted and removed from office.  Gaetz is very probably already toast for his own issues, and I suspect that Boebert, Cawthorne, and Greene will be either primaried or ousted, and if not, they can and likely will be charged in some fashion in connection with Jan 6.  There are also some Senators who are under the microscope in this investigation, so they too will be in the hotseats and could be removed.

Yes, timing is somewhat of an issue, but most of the hard work has already been done, so I doubt it will take nearly as long for the next steps as it has up to this point.  Now it's just a matter of nailing everything down, tightening it up, polishing it, convening the GJ's, and issuing indictments.

KateinpdxAstarteLauren and 7 people liked

Jeanne Mayell

(@jeanne-mayell)

Illustrious MemberAdmin

Topic starter  01/20/2022 4:41 pm   

Whoa, a bunch of us posted at the same time. @bluebelle, love your post and that picture.

"If you hear the dogs, keep going. If you see the torches in the woods, keep going. If there's shouting after you, keep going. Don't ever stop. Keep going. If you want a taste of freedom, keep going."

~ Harriet Tubman

Thank you!  We will keep going! I love Harriet Tubman.

LaurenFEBbby23lenor and 5 people liked

Lovendures

(@lovendures)

Famed MemberModerator

01/20/2022 5:53 pm   

@bluebelle

I think your Harriet Tubman post is so timely and well, perfect!  I also LOVE the picture.

@jeanne-mayell

The first class I ever took from you was about becoming a heart warrior.  

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

To be a heart warrior means we must have hope.  Not pink clouding, but Active Hope, as in hope not as something we have, but something we DO.

Yes, active hope, something we do. 

How's this for a reminder of active hope:  As I was trying to find my hope for voting rights this morning, my husband came home from a library sale today and he popped a book in front of me. It was a signed pristine copy of Through My Eyes by Ruby Bridges, the six year old child at the center of 1960 southern school desecration.

This is stunning but not a surprise.  This is how being connected works.  He was meant to find that book for you today.  He was actually a heart warrior with active hope and then gave it to you.  You then, being the heart warrior that you are, gave it to us. 

We are all connected.  Even your husband to us through you.  I would venture to guess one of your spirit guides, perhaps a gathering of them,   had a lot of joy watching this all unfold as the light (bulbs) went off in our heads and hope was ignited across the many miles to reach us and throughout this forum for everyone who happens to read this thread today. 

Today there  is hope.  

Jeanne MayellAstarteJD1960 and 9 people liked

Jeanne Mayell

(@jeanne-mayell)

Illustrious MemberAdmin

Topic starter  01/20/2022 6:03 pm   

Posted by: @lovendures

This is stunning but not a surprise.  This is how being connected works.  He was meant to find that book for you today.  He was actually a heart warrior with active hope and then gave it to you.  You then, being the heart warrior that you are, gave it to us. 

We are all connected...

Today there  is hope.  

How beautiful your words are.  Thank you, I think of you as a heart warrior supreme.  

LaurenFEBbby23lenor and 4 people liked

Unk p

(@unk-p)

Prominent MemberRegistered

01/20/2022 6:15 pm   

Whoa, a bunch of us posted at the same time. @bluebelle, love your post and that picture.

~ Harriet Tubman

Thank you!  We will keep going! I love Harriet Tubman.

My Mom used to be a little miffed at my Pops because he was out on one of the marches with Rev. King when she went into labor with me. But my father is not a doctor, and i am glad he was marching, and not sitting around in some waiting room, waiting on me to be born.  He said that as they were marching, he saw older Black folks sitting on porches all along the route.  Most of them had blankets on their laps, even tho it was July, and extremely hot.  Someone finally explained to my dad that these old folks were holding rifles under the blankets, in case they had to protect the marchers from the angry white mobs that had also gathered along the route, cursing and trying to intimidate them.

I have been to lots of marches and protests in my life, but nothing as scary as that.  Most of mine felt like street parties in comparison.

ps @livingfree - i am glad you liked the Nina Simone song!

YouKateinpdxAstarte and 8 people liked

Jeanne Mayell

(@jeanne-mayell)

Illustrious MemberAdmin

Topic starter  01/20/2022 6:20 pm   

I also noticed some words we got during prediction night in September that bear remembering. There were so many inspiring visions. These are just a few: 

• People of the Earth, you will get through this and come out stronger. You are climbing a high wall. You are evolving with every upward advance. Don’t let naysayers distract you like mosquitos. Brush them off and continue your ascent. (Jeanne Mayell)
  • As we were about to begin, Doris reported hearing the name Archangel Gabriel, which is fitting as he is the angel of Revelation. (Doris)
  • Ignore the shouting and gesticulating. Their noise will be gone soon. (@Baba)
  • Stay Strong. This too shall pass. (Jeanne Mayell)
  • The message to humanity is, “Bless you. Bless humanity.” (I see the profile of a woman’s face and she is sneezing.) Higher beings see our distress. (Bluebelle)
  • Keep working. Don’t give up hope. Things are starting to turn around. (Baba)
  • We love and support you. We are here! You are not alone. (CC21)
  • Hang in there! We are almost there. (CC21)
  • Hold on. Light is coming. You’ll be ok. We're here sending you light. We're watching over you. You're doing great even though you don't think so. It's an awakening for a better world. To join the community of the greater Cosmos, so that you can eventually take your place at the side of more enlightened civilizations. (@Doris)

This one may hold the key to understanding how change happens in ways we don't understand: 

• Spirit is showing us golden triangles. (@CC21) Editor’s Note: The Golden Triangle is a mathematical concept that may be a key to unlocking understanding of how our world is progressing throughout time and how we can thrive. It is used to create the logarithmic spiral which is fundamental to the natural world.

AstarteLaurenBaba and 9 people liked

Lovendures

(@lovendures)

Famed MemberModerator

01/20/2022 6:20 pm   

@unk-p 

Wow!  What a story about the rifles.  You know, I am also glad he was able to march.  You have made another connection of hope with us all today.  Thank you.

YouKateinpdxlynn and 7 people liked

mysticdreams

(@mysticdreams)

01/20/2022 7:30 pm   

Long time lurker. I just wanted you all to know you are like friends to me from reading this forum. You helped me through the Trump times :O I am not a psychic but I come from a family of pyschic abilities. My great grandmother was one and the gift goes through our family in different ways. I am an empath. I am feeling a lightening of the way. I felt really heavy for too long, but I am feeling the path is getting lighter.

Jeanne MayellJD1960Maggieci and 7 people liked

Barry

(@barry)

Active MemberRegistered

01/20/2022 8:08 pm   

I just heard this very clearly : "It's ok to be afraid but never be afraid to hope".

YouLaurenVesta and 8 people liked

lynn

(@lynnventura)

01/20/2022 8:19 pm   

Here's a link to an article from The Atlantic about why, even though voting rights didn't make it past the filibuster yesterday, holding the vote mattered and is a sign of progress. It expresses exactly what I was feeling this morning. There is change in the air people.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2022/01/manchin-sinema-democrats-filibuster/621298/

YouKateinpdxLauren and 5 people liked

Jeanne Mayell

(@jeanne-mayell)

Illustrious MemberAdmin

Topic starter  01/20/2022 8:48 pm   

@lynnventura Thank you, Lynn, for that article. 

LaurenFEBbby23 and lynn liked

Jeanne Mayell

(@jeanne-mayell)

Illustrious MemberAdmin

Topic starter  01/20/2022 8:51 pm   

Posted by: @unk-p

...He said that as they were marching, he saw older Black folks sitting on porches all along the route.  Most of them had blankets on their laps, even tho it was July, and extremely hot.  Someone finally explained to my dad that these old folks were holding rifles under the blankets, in case they had to protect the marchers from the angry white mobs that had also gathered along the route, cursing and trying to intimidate them.

I have been to lots of marches and protests in my life, but nothing as scary as that.  Most of mine felt like street parties in comparison.

Burst of laughter on that one. And also some measure of awe at the times they faced.

MMA

(@meliaamal)

Eminent MemberRegistered

01/20/2022 9:57 pm   

@jeanne-mayell 

Amanda Gorman wrote a gorgeous piece in the Times today about her decision to be the inaugural poet and how afraid she was, afraid to fail, afraid for her life, and how she learned to listen to the fear and live in active hope. It echoes and uplifts so much of the messages you all have been receiving/ providing today. Some excerpts:

“I’m a firm believer that often terror is trying to tell us of a force far greater than despair. In this way, I look at fear not as cowardice, but as a call forward, a summons to fight for what we hold dear. And now more than ever, we have every right to be affected, afflicted, affronted. If you’re alive, you’re afraid. If you’re not afraid, then you’re not paying attention. The only thing we have to fear is having no fear itself — having no feeling on behalf of whom and what we’ve lost, whom and what we love. …

Yet while the inauguration might have seemed like a ray of light, this past year for many has felt like a return to the same old gloom. Our nation is still haunted by disease, inequality and environmental crises. But though our fears may be the same, we are not. If nothing else, this must be known: Even as we’ve grieved, we’ve grown; even fatigued we’ve found that this hill we climb is one we must mount together. We are battered, but bolder; worn, but wiser. I’m not telling you to not be tired or afraid. If anything, the very fact that we’re weary means we are, by definition, changed; we are brave enough to listen to, and learn from, our fear. This time will be different because this time we’ll be different. We already are.

And yes, I still am terrified every day. Yet fear can be love trying its best in the dark. So do not fear your fear. Own it. Free it. This isn’t a liberation that I or anyone can give you — it’s a power you must look for, learn, love, lead and locate for yourself.

Why? The truth is, hope isn’t a promise we give. It’s a promise we live. Tell it like this, and we, like our words, will not rest.

And the rest is history.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/01/20/opinion/amanda-gorman-poem-inauguration.amp.html

KateinpdxdeetooMaeveNMurphy and 10 people liked

Lovendures

(@lovendures)

Famed MemberModerator

01/20/2022 10:28 pm   

Posted by: @barry

I just heard this very clearly : "It's ok to be afraid but never be afraid to hope".

Thanks Barry!  We often say we are afraid to hope don't we?  Might want to rethink that now.

mysticdreamsdeetoolenor and 5 people liked

Lovendures

(@lovendures)

Famed MemberModerator

01/20/2022 10:37 pm   

Posted by: @meliaamal

Amanda Gorman wrote a gorgeous piece in the Times today about her decision to be the inaugural poet and how afraid she was, afraid to fail, afraid for her life, and how she learned to listen to the fear and live in active hope. It echoes and uplifts so much of the messages you all have been receiving/ providing today. Some excerpts:

Wow!  I really appreciate Amanda Gorman.  It was so interesting reading her thoughts on fear.  Yes. it does echo and uplift the messages which have been flowing today.  Thank you for pointing this out to all of us.

Jeanne Mayell, deetoolenorUnk p and 5 people liked

CC21

(@cc21)

Reputable MemberContributor  

01/21/2022 8:30 am   

@meliaamal Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I had not seen it, but just read the whole piece. Amazing. I absolutely love Amanda Gorman's words. She has such a gift and it really speaks to me. I love this active embracing of fear and *living* hope. Not just having it, or pie-in-the-sky-optimism, but actively embracing both fear and actively hoping. Incredible.

mysticdreamsdeetoolenor and 5 people liked

BrightArrow

(@brightarrow)

New MemberRegistered

01/21/2022 10:26 am   

As a longtime lurker and first time poster as well, I have been wanting to echo everything @mysticdreams said for a while now! I started following years back, feeling deep down that humanity was really “hanging in the balance.” This community got me through the Trump years as well, and I thank you endlessly for that. For me, something shifted and the energy started lightening and the hope increasing around October 2019.  I could not explain what it was that shifted, and I have had dark days and weeks since, but my intuition still says we are on an upward trajectory. I try not to let the short-term political losses determine my faith in the future. Just as I reflect that each loss in my own life has made space for something bigger, beautiful and better-suited for me, I believe that is what we as a collective will experience. I have had two very pointed, light-filled dreams in the past three years where a voice spoke to me. One said “for every crisis create a miracle” and showed a pair of hands planting/growing a seedling. Let us use that as our directive going forward! 

AstarteUnk pmysticdreams and 9 people liked

itsmaibirfday

(@itsmaibirfday)

New MemberRegistered

01/21/2022 9:18 pm   

Lurker for several years here as well, first time posting. Not sure if this belongs here, but Mark Cuban has opened an online pharmacy for affordable generic drugs.

Pharmacy website shows comparison between retail price and generic price the company is offering. Some of the differences are staggering.

JourneyWithMe2Unk pdeetoo and 9 people liked

Jeanne Mayell

(@jeanne-mayell)

Illustrious MemberAdmin

Topic starter  01/21/2022 9:45 pm   

@itsmaibirfday Thank you and welcome to this community. I looked up Mark Cuban and am posting this Forbes article about his new pharmacy. They don't take insurance but you won't need it if you buy from them, according to Forbes: 

Excerpt:

The Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drugs Company (MCCPDC) is a registered pharmaceutical wholesaler and purchases drugs directly from manufacturers, bypassing middlemen to lower the price of more than https://costplusdrugs.com/medications  /" aria-label="100 medications"> 100 medications, it said in a l" aria-label="statement"> statement.

For example, the leukemia drug imatinib is priced at l" aria-label="$47 a month"> $47 a month on MCCPDC compared to the $9,657 retail price.

The online pharmacy’s prices for generics factor in a  l" aria-label="15% margin">15% margin on top of actual manufacturer prices and a $3 pharmacist fee, the statement said. 

The markup on generics average “at least” 100%, the MCCPDC said, while the Wall Street Journal reports in some cases it exceeds  https://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-270B-74  9" aria-label="1,000%">1,000%.

The company doesn’t process insurance claims and requires customers to pay for their medications  l" aria-label="out of pocket">out of pocket, noting its drugs cost less than most insurance plans’ deductible and copay requirements.

Customers have to request a new prescription from their provider to place an order for medications on the MCCPDC website.

Unk pdeetooCC21 and 4 people liked

Lovendures

(@lovendures)

Famed MemberModerator

01/22/2022 1:30 am   

Posted by: @brightarrow

As a longtime lurker and first time poster as well, I have been wanting to echo everything @mysticdreams said for a while now! I started following years back, feeling deep down that humanity was really “hanging in the balance.” This community got me through the Trump years as well, and I thank you endlessly for that. For me, something shifted and the energy started lightening and the hope increasing around October 2019.  I could not explain what it was that shifted, and I have had dark days and weeks since, but my intuition still says we are on an upward trajectory. I try not to let the short-term political losses determine my faith in the future. Just as I reflect that each loss in my own life has made space for something bigger, beautiful and better-suited for me, I believe that is what we as a collective will experience. I have had two very pointed, light-filled dreams in the past three years where a voice spoke to me. One said “for every crisis create a miracle” and showed a pair of hands planting/growing a seedling. Let us use that as our directive going forward! 

Welcome @Brightarrow.  

What a great wonderful and wise dream!  So happy to have you join us.

Welcome also to @itsmaibirfday

Thank you for the information about Mark Cuban.  Hopeful news! Glad you de-lurked and posted. 

YouJourneyWithMe2Unk p and 5 people liked

Tesseract

(@tesseract)

Trusted MemberRegistered

01/22/2022 2:54 am   

Woke up to this in my email this --ooops-- yesterday morning:

Let The Light Move Out To The Four Corners Of The Earth
There is now taking place a tremendous linking up all over the world of Light bearers; never has there been such a linking up. It is as if all the forces of Light are being drawn together to form an invincible Band of Light to withstand the oncoming rush of darkness and the linking must be strong, very very strong, to withstand that onrush of darkness. The greater the Light, the stronger the link up, for remember where there is Light, darkness fades away into nothingness. Let the Light move out to the four corners of the earth, completely encircling it.

This is from Eileen Caddy's Weekly Guidance/ Findhorn Foundation, Scotland dated 1/21/2022

Namaste,

Karrie aka Tesseract

JourneyWithMe2LaurenUnk p and 10 people liked

Matildagirl

(@matildagirl)

Estimable MemberRegistered

01/22/2022 3:26 am   

@lovendures @jeanne-mayell @itsmaibirfday

Hello to you all,

I am putting up information on Australia’s Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme for you see what at least one other country does. What is possible. And to say that you and all Americans are the market if you can forget your divisions and protest you might be able to get changes. That Mark Cuban initiative could help start a change.

https://www.pbs.gov.au/pbs/home

The Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) began as a limited scheme in 1948, with free medicines for pensioners and a list of 139 ‘life-saving and disease preventing’ medicines free of charge for others in the community.

Today the PBS provides timely, reliable and affordable access to necessary medicines for Australians. The PBS is part of the Australian Government’s broader National Medicines Policy.

The aim of the National Medicines Policy is to meet medication and related service needs, so that both optimal health outcomes and economic objectives are achieved.

Under the PBS, the government subsidises the cost of medicine for most medical conditions. Most of the listed medicines are dispensed by pharmacists, and used by patients at home.

Some medicines are dangerous to administer and need medical supervision (such as chemotherapy drugs) and are only accessible at specialised medical services, usually hospitals.

Patient co-payments

The co-payment is the amount you pay towards the cost of your PBS subsidised medicine. Many PBS medicines cost significantly more than the co-payment amount.

From 1 January 2022, you may pay up to $42.50 for most PBS medicines or $6.80 if you have a concession card. The Australian Government pays the remaining cost.

Since 1 January 2016, pharmacists may choose to discount the PBS patient co-payment by up to $1.00. This is not mandatory and it is the pharmacist’s choice whether or not to provide a discount. The option to discount the co-payment does not apply for prescriptions which are an early supply of a specified medicine.

The amount of co-payment is adjusted on 1 January each year in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI).

Safety Net

On 1 January 2022, the Safety Net threshold is $326.40 for concession card holders and $1,542.10 for all other patients.

The same general or concessional Safety Net threshold is applied to a family unit regardless of whether the unit consists of an individual, a couple or a family with dependent children. To be included in the same Safety Net family, the partners of a couple may be married or de facto, and of the same or opposite sex. A couple must be living together on a permanent basis, unless living separately due to illness.

The Safety net is if you reach that amount within a year the medication for the rest of the year is free.

JourneyWithMe2Laurendeetoo and 5 people liked

gbs

(@gbs)

01/22/2022 7:42 am   

Jeanne and others here have mentioned many times that female leadership will continue to rise throughout the world in the coming years. 

This week, Gabriel Boric, the new millennial President-elect of Chile, named a majority-women cabinet, the first in Chile’s history:

https://twitter.com/AnthonyBoadle/status/1484565887491448842?s=20

AstarteLaurenLivingFree2 and 9 people liked

Iridium

(@ana)

01/22/2022 8:14 am   

@jeanne-mayell     Even though there have been some negative things reported about Mark Cuban from time to time, I have always felt a good vibe about him. 

JeanneMayellJourneyWithMe2Lauren and 6 people liked

JourneyWithMe2

(@journeywithme2)

Noble MemberRegistered

01/23/2022 9:04 am   

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-farm-link-project-food-insecurity-food-waste-climate-change/#app

Our young people are coming up with creative and win-win ways to get people fed, help the planet, care for each other.

Innovative ways, creative ways, love based ways. The Hope and Joy that brings me knowing they are here and doing this work is immeasurable.

LaurenMaggiecideetoo and 6 people liked

Lovendures

(@lovendures)

Famed MemberModerator

01/23/2022 2:37 pm   

@journeywithme2,

Thank you for this wonderful story.

50 million pounds of produce recovered, 42 million meals worth of food.

There are so many incredible young people out there in the world.  We need to keep reminding others ( and ourselves) about the beautiful garden of light working citizens of our earth we are nurturing. If we give then the opportunity, they will do amazing things.  

JourneyWithMe2LaurenVesta and 5 people liked

mysticdreams

(@mysticdreams)

01/23/2022 6:53 pm   

@brightarrow You are echoing exactly what I am feeling. I know I am an empath, but I seem to know things also but refuse the word psychic. My gift is not that defined. There is a subtle shift, that is why I finally quit lurking and joined, and I assume may be your reason also. This forum is a light source for us. Glad we both quit lurking and joined these wonderful, enlightened folks. I have felt the pain on here as everyone was disappointed at the speed of change, we cannot lose hope. 

MatildagirlVestaLauren and 3 people liked

mysticdreams

(@mysticdreams)

01/23/2022 6:57 pm   

I wish my gift was that defined but I do not trust my dreams always, BUT I feel a shift, my dreams show a shift. I almost lost hope for a while, but it is changing. I had to do a great deal of work on myself to not wish bad things on the people who are doing so much damage, but I am seeing karma do it for us.

MaggieciIridiumVesta and 3 people liked

Unk p

(@unk-p)

01/23/2022 7:30 pm   

Posted by: @brightarrow

I have had two very pointed, light-filled dreams in the past three years where a voice spoke to me. One said “for every crisis create a miracle” and showed a pair of hands planting/growing a seedling. Let us use that as our directive going forward! 

welcome aboard @brightarrow & @mysticdreams & all of the new members. Here is a song for you, by Ben Harper: With My Own Two Hands

I hope you enjoy!

JourneyWithMe2raincloudlenor and 2 people liked

mysticdreams

(@mysticdreams)

01/23/2022 7:41 pm   

@unk-p Thank you for the beautiful song welcome. I pray to be a bonus here and not a nuisance, so if I chime too much let me know. All of you have been my source of light when all the other news seemed so dark so thank you! It was such a comfort to see that other people were still feeling like my crew was :) 

JourneyWithMe2raincloudlenor and 3 people liked

mysticdreams

(@mysticdreams)

01/23/2022 7:55 pm   

@dannyboy Mainstream media needs to report more responsibly. The negative reports are eating up what should be his victory for what he has accomplished. But we cannot lose our vision or our hope. Truth will prevail. Do not lose your faith. We seriously are turning a corner.

DannyBoyraincloudlenor and 5 people liked

raincloud

(@raincloud)

Trusted MemberContributor

01/24/2022 8:47 am   

@mysticdreams 

Yes, I agree. I was pleased to find Heather Cox Richardson's post that summarizes Biden's accomplishments so I can cite them when I rebut the "his presidency is a failure" that I see disturbingly often right now.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/january-22-2022?r=oxqbv&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

Jeanne Mayell

(@jeanne-mayell)

Illustrious MemberAdmin

Topic starter  01/24/2022 3:59 pm   

I'm putting this exciting story in this thread because it is something that may indeed turn the page of history in a positive way:

In their Austin, TX car show, according to this New Yorker story America's Favorite Pick up Truck Goes Electric: "the star was the F-150 Lightning,—an electric version of the pickup that belongs to the best-selling vehicle line of any kind in the U.S. since the early nineteen-eighties. In a good year, Ford sells on average nine hundred thousand gas-powered F-series trucks, and earns about forty billion dollars annually from the line.

The Lightning, together with the Mach-E, also now with an EV version-- and an electric Ford Transit, its cargo van, collectively represent the hundred-and-eighteen-year-old automaker’s best and perhaps last chance to catch up with Elon Musk and Tesla, the dominant company in E.V. sales."

PS Ford Motor Company, has claimed that by 2030 40% of its vehicles will be EV.  That is right around the corner.

@raincloud @unk-p

2ndfdlAstarteTheUngamer and 7 people liked

raincloud

(@raincloud)

01/24/2022 6:21 pm   

@jeanne-mayell 

It is so funny that you posted this. I copied and pasted these very paragraphs for a presentation I will give. 

jeannemayellFEBbby23lenor and 1 people liked

Jeanne Mayell

(@jeanne-mayell)

Illustrious MemberAdmin

Topic starter  01/24/2022 6:40 pm   

@raincloud I love that. I was thinking of you when I started posting the article. LOL

raincloudFEBbby23 and Lauren liked

JourneyWithMe2

(@journeywithme2)

Noble MemberRegistered  

01/25/2022 12:08 pm   

@raincloud yes! She is a national treasure and the resolute quiet voice recording it all for us and posterity... behind the hype just the facts voice. I read her daily to gain clarity. 
it's amazing how much media coverage there is for a hot mike moment. No way  TFG would have called and apologized for saying Fox reporter Peter Douce was a stupid SOB an hour after saying it and so little reported on for efforts that really matter and the gains being made.

YouFEBbby23Astarte and 4 people liked

JourneyWithMe2

(@journeywithme2)

Noble MemberRegistered

01/25/2022 12:26 pm   

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/24/1075429352/special-grand-jury-fulton-county-da-trump-election-probe

Grand jury to convene May 2 - criminal charges...to prove intent to interfere with Ga elections. This move allows the power of subpoena to make people testify.. such aa Brad Raffensperger : who said he would only if subpoenaed.

Help me find the predictions that saw TFG legal troubles start sticking about that time. Will he get a orange suit to march his orange face, will his daughter flee and leave him facing his Waterloo on his own.. after saving herself by talking? It does indeed seem his chickens are coming home to roost as we say here in the Deep South.

YouFEBbby23TheUngamer and 7 people liked

Unk p

(@unk-p)

01/26/2022 12:57 am   

Posted by: @journeywithme2

Will he get a orange suit to march his orange face, will his

*Melania Trump auctioned off her hat and became the latest victim of the cryptocurrency crash

^this was a bullet point at WP, and i have no idea WTF they are talking about, bc i am LOLing too hard to read about it

lenorDannyBoyJourneyWithMe2 and 3 people liked

jsr78

(@jsr78)

01/26/2022 3:21 am   

https://twitter.com/tomiahonen/status/1485686628572086273?s=21

this thread is amazing. About Ukraine and Russia and tfg.

DannyBoylenorraincloud and 4 people liked

raincloud

(@raincloud)

01/26/2022 9:25 am   

@jsr78 

Whoa! Thank you for the link; it is the clearest explanation of the T-Manafort-Putin links I have seen.

Jeanne Mayell and lenor liked

DannyBoy

(@dannyboy)

01/26/2022 10:50 am   

@jsr78 I cringed so hard reading parts of these tweets that I almost threw my back out.  What.  A.  Mess.

Jeanne Mayell liked

Jeanne Mayell

(@jeanne-mayell)

Illustrious MemberAdmin

Topic starter  01/26/2022 11:09 am   

@jsr78 Thank you for these tweets  https://twitter.com/tomiahonen/status/1485686628572086273?s=21  

He posts everything I felt and "knew" during those horrific four years and it fills in a few blanks. Waiting for ALL of the chickens to come home to roost.

Jessi1978

(@jessi1978)

01/26/2022 12:25 pm   

Supreme Court seat opening up Breyer is retiring  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/justice-stephen-breyer-retire-supreme-court-paving-way-biden-appointment-n1288042?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

PamP

(@pamp)

01/26/2022 12:27 pm   

@theungamer It's just been announced that Breyer is leaving at the end of this term, which will be in June.

I still see Thomas leaving as well. Kavanaugh looks cloudy and I think he's going to try and stay, but there's going to be controversy around him that will make him resign or impeached eventually. 

TheUngamer, seaturtle26, Unk p and 3 people liked

Allyn

(@allyn)

Reputable MemberRegistered 

01/26/2022 2:40 pm   

@pamp 

I wonder if McConnell and his Republican thugs will try to stop Biden from filling this seat just so they can give red meat to their base.  Do you or any person on this site see this happening?

The next few months are crucial.  Right now, everything is in the Republicans' favor.  They are successfully blocking and/or delaying everything (even the infrastructure bill which they are now trying to take credit for), yet voters are still rewarding them.  Gerrymandering has been used to keep the minority in control of everything, and Democrats seem powerless to stop the cycle.

But there are glimmers of hope.  Some of the terrorists involved in 1/6 have plead guilty, and even those who got no jail time but several years of probation will be unable to vote in 2024 as a result of their convictions (anyone who pleads to a felony loses his or her right to vote.  You can get it back, but only after the sentence term is finished.  Thus, someone who plead and got three years probation cannot vote in the 2024 election, as they go by the sentencing date and not the date of the offense.) 

On March 8, several defendants charged with the plot to kidnap and "try" (aka-murder) the Michigan governor will occur (yesterday, the defense lost their bid to dismiss the charges on the belief that the government "entrapped" them).  I am hopefully they will all be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and that this will be a warning to many of these Trump Terrorists out there who dream about participating in more acts of violence.  It is likely that we won't see many trials of the 1/6 people before the midterms, but it doesn't matter because the Michigan case is basically a mini 1/6 event that got caught in the planning stage (same overall scheme-a bunch of whiny violent brats wanted to show how tough they were by staging a "revolt," capture and possibly kill their alleged enemies, and expect the rest of the nation to look at them as heroes and those who didn't to cower in fear.  Much like Booth expected the South to rise up after he assassinated Lincoln.  Needless to say, it didn't turn out that way.)

Also, the walls are closing in on Trump's crew.  One of Trump's allies, Gaetz, is facing more and more scrutitiny for his role in a human trafficking case involving teenage girls.  Several electorates who signed sworn documents for Trump when Biden won their states may have charges filed against them.  New York and Georgia are starting to make headway, and the Supreme Court made a rare good decision by refusing to shield Trump's documents, which has already resulted in new information concerning just how much Trump was willing to take over the country.

Also, we cannot discount the possibility that Roe v. Wade will be overturned.  If that happens, then at least 20 states will automatically enact laws that are draconian in nature and will deprive a woman the right to an abortion even in cases of rape, incest, danger to the mother's health, etc.  (My state, Tennessee, is one of the worst.)  If Roe is overturned and these laws go into affect, I expect that some voters will be so outraged that they will vote to punish Republicans for that reason alone, particularly middle class women voters.  Yes, right now they are leaning towards Republicans because of lies concerning Critical Race Theory and anger that the school still can't stay open due to Covid (again, Republicans are to blame but they continue to escape punishment for it).  But abortion?  The rights of women?  What other rights can they strip from us, once they say that the government has control of our bodies?  This may help stem the tide against Republicans if the backlash is big enough.

So, if the bad news about Trump and his supporters continues, as well as a possible backlash from Roe v. Wade, will McConnell and his cronies risk looking petty and try to block the Supreme Court nomination, especially as Biden promises that it will be the first African American female?  Will they succeed, or will voters (FINALLY?) have enough and teach them an important lesson about how obstructionism and throwing meat to their base will no longer be tolerated?  Any reading into this situation will be helpful, as I see this as an opportunity for Democrats to seize control of the national dialogue away from the Republicans and hopefully do better in the midterm elections.

lenor, Vesta and Unk p liked

Pegesus

(@pegesus)

Trusted MemberRegistered

01/26/2022 4:45 pm   

@allyn CAN McConnell stop the confirmation?  Won't Schumer as majority leader bring it to a vote and didn't the Republicans already change the rules that it takes a simple majority to win on SCOTUS nominations?  Unless....they start pressuring our two rogue Democrats....

Unk p, lenor and Vesta liked

raincloud

(@raincloud)

01/26/2022 5:13 pm   

@pegesus 

Yes, that is what I thought, too.

The WSJ presents some potential nominees among which, Jackson is most favored, I believe. She garnered three Rep votes when she was confirmed for the DC circuit, which is also considered a stepping stone to SCOTUS so one can hope she could get one or two should the two dubious Dems vote against her. I don't think Manchin will but we will see....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-first-supreme-court-vacancy-a-look-at-potential-candidates-to-replace-breyer-11643229190

Vesta, Unk p, lenor and 1 people liked

TheUngamer

(@theungamer)

01/26/2022 7:44 pm   

@pamp I like this trifecta.

deetoo, lenor, Lauren and 7 people reacted
(@lovendures)

Very glad (for many reasons) that New Mexico Senator Ben Ray Lujn is expected to make a full recovery after suffering a stroke and having subsequent surgery last week. May his recovery go smoothly and may he come back to congress healthy and rested.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/01/politics/ben-ray-lujn-stroke-new-mexico-senator/index.html

deetoo, JD1960, JourneyWithMe2 and 25 people reacted
 mhb
(@mb)
Prominent Member Registered

@lovendures this may already be posted elsewhere, I normally lurk, but we should have some sort of a group healing session for Sen Lujan.  

deetoo, Lauren, JourneyWithMe2 and 15 people reacted
(@lovendures)

I don't believe it's posted, but we can certainly do that in our Circle of Light tomorrow night.  

deetoo, Lauren, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
(@melmystery)
Noble Member Registered

Since coming to office as Virginia's Governor, Youngkin immediately started signing right-wing executive orders including doing away with mask and vaccine mandates and setting up a tip line for parents to call in regarding "divisive" racial concepts being taught in public schools.

I'm happy to say that he's getting a lot of backlash for his executive orders and that seven school districts in Virginia (and some parent groups, including a parent's group advocating for children with disabilities) have filed suit.

Last Friday, a Virginia judge put a temporary restraining order on Youngkin's anti-mask order until the lawsuit makes it's way through the courts.  Among other things, those against the executive order suggest that CDC guidelines supersede the Governor's orders.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2022/02/04/judge-freezes-virginia-gov-youngkins-order-restricting-school-mask-mandates/?sh=719c82a58ec4

As for the school tip line, apparently it's been receiving lots of prank tips and I've also heard that many are calling in supporting teachers and the teaching of our racial history in the classroom.  African Americans are asking that their history be taught.  Many teachers are confused because the executive order about Critical Race Theory did not establish any guidelines for what teachers can actually teach about things like the Civil War or Civil Rights Movement.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/02/glenn-youngkin-virginia-tip-line-crt-teachers/

deetoo, 2ndfdl, Lauren and 15 people reacted
(@allyn)

Does anyone have any clue on how this situation in Ottawa?  Specifically, the fact that there are a bunch of right-wing truckers who have taken over the city to protest against Covid-19 restrictions.  I heard that the mayor of Ottawa has declared a state of emergency, and a few protestors has been arrested.  

I think that ever since January 6, 2021, these right-wing terrorists have been emboldened to impose their will on us using threats and intimidation.  I am angered by the fact that they seem to get away with disrupting people's lives by harassing citizens because they don't want Covid-19 restrictions (which makes no sense since they are truckers anyway who drive on the roads alone and the only time they would have to wear a mask would be when they sign forms to show deliveries, so I don't understand what their problem is).

I am hoping against hope that the next few months will show a time of karma for these evil people.  Next month, there is a trial for the idiots who planned to kidnap and "try" (aka-kill) the Michigan governor.   The trial was scheduled to go on March 8, 2022 with the defendants planning to use the excuse of "government entrapment" or "we were just joking."  There have been multiple motions this month, and the defense has lost almost every single one.

Just a few hours ago, one of the five has agreed to plead guilty on all charges and publically admit his involvement.  There is no "deal", per say, but if he works with prosecutors (aka-testifies against his fellow terrorists), then it will be "remembered" when he is sentenced (aka-they may sentence him to less time). Remember that one person has plead guilty already early on and received 6 years to serve, so you know this other guy will get more time, but still less time than what the other four are far.

So, does anyone see an end to these right-wing terrorists?  Will there finally be accountability?  I hope that the Michigan trial will be a start in the right direction, but what will it take to make these people go back to their homes (or jail, whichever comes first)?  I pray to God that we don't have to deal with these terrorists in 2024 and can actually focus on what politicians will do for our country versus which ones will tear down the government if they lose.  Will this happen, or will the Republican terrorism be the new normal for the rest of my life?

Dracaena, deetoo, FEBbby23 and 19 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@allyn It's very painful, but it won't last indefinitely.  All afflictions  reach a peak and then subside when the host says, "ça suffit!" (French for "Enough!")

I don't have bandwidth at this time to tell you timing on this Trumpian nightmare except that I had seen years back that by 2028 we have reached a higher level of consciousness as a collective that is led by women. It took the Koch Brothers three decades to shift the country far right. It will take time to bring it back to center. But center is where all of nature returns, including human nature. 

Dracaena, blackandwhite, deetoo and 21 people reacted
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

@allyn Did a quick scan and got that the far-right energy will subside in the coming months. As I have predicted in the Read the Future nights, the far-right will return to the fringes where they will be less vocal.

Dracaena, blackandwhite, theungamer and 25 people reacted
(@lenor)

@allyn I have been searching for hits for this website for the past few weeks and I read the predictions as far back as 2018. And I have read them over and over many times.  The general consensus is that the Republicans will be come a fringe political party in the future. The predictions, also, suggest that this year will be beginning of their downfall. 

deetoo, 2ndfdl, Lauren and 19 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

Can you say attention whore? Sure you can: https://apple.news/Ao9Cd86gvS1ur8u4S948MRw

I see a desperate man trying to insert himself and keep himself current and in the spotlight. TFG having a hard time facing irrelevantcy and he reeks of fear.       

FEBbby23, Lauren, lenor and 11 people reacted
(@ghandigirl)

@dannyboy 

I feel the rotten red peppers are the GOP themselves

Astarte, seaturtle26, FEBbby23 and 13 people reacted
Page 40 / 51
Share: