Notifications
Clear all

Robert Mueller

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Brilliant. Funny, I was thinking last night that we own the report.  

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Bluebell, I was thinking this when I first read your dream.  Someone else mentioned we paid for it too on a news channel.  

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)
Illustrious Member Registered

Accordingly BB,in your vision Mueller was in line to pay that'tax' as well... so he must have intended for the report to be made public through the preeminent Congressional actions, or even the vicarious judicial systems that will continue to play a big part in the indictments.

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yofisofi)
Noble Member Registered

It occurs to me that this might be the key to the "two boats" vision. One option is to release the full unredacted report, which will negate all of Trump's serious crimes that are being currently investigated by SDNY. (Hence the honest need for redaction.) This is the boat to safety. His other option is to release a heavily redacted version or not release at all. Seems safer in the short run, but will get leaked anyway and SDNY will eventually get him for even bigger things. That would be the leaky boat.

polarberry, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Just pointing out that yes, taxpayers paid for the Mueller investigation BUT it turned a hefty profit! All those millions Manafort had to surrender. I believe the profit margin is about $20 million.

TriciaCT, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yofisifi, could you remind me what was the two boats vision?  

ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Barr is already starting to walk things back some. He released the two page memo yesterday telling of redaction and that he will eventually release the report to Congress. Mueller didn't find enough to have a slam dunk conviction, so he didn't pass any judgement, but instead intended for Congress to decide if there was enough to impeach. The two standards are different-just as Adam Schiff pointed out. Barr has tried to intervene there and lay claim to what Congress can and can't see. It won't work in the long run, and Barr now knows it. He knows Mueller will testify if called, and will be honest. There's no way around the contents of the report. I was perplexed by my reaction to the news of the report's release. I always felt that the report would be the undoing of this administration. I still believe so. I just didn't see the impediments that would be present trying to keep it all under wraps. 

Again we have someone like Adam Schiff speaking with integrity and authority. He was on MSNBC last night:

Adam Schiff MSNBC 3/29

Jeanne Mayell, KB, CDeanne and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yofisofi)
Noble Member Registered

Hi Jeanne, the "two boats" vision I am referring to is the one mentioned by KB on 3/26 (link to post here). 

ReplyQuote
(@5leafclover)
Noble Member Participant

I suspect that what we will find out later on is that William Barr cherry picked facts and put things in the wrong context on his original summary because he wants to limit political damage to the GOP. I don't expect to learn later on of any outright lying. There is undoubtedly great potential for abuse on the redactions. William Barr might tell us he only intends to delete stuff needed to be kept secret for current or future prosecutions or to protect the privacy of grand jury members. But of course he could  also redact something because it is very damning to Donald Trump or other prominent Republicans and not tell us that he withheld it also.

deetoo, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Wonder what will happen now that Nadler has said that House Dems are out of patience and Barr is out of time.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Just noticed a positive  prediction on Mueller I did last November which today may be about to come true: It's from this Article I wrote on Mueller that said that although Whitaker, the interim AG at the time, would curtail the investigation and try to avoid making the report public, the House would subpoena the report as well as Trump's tax returns. This in the NY Times just now: Today the House Ways and Means committee, using a little known provision of the Federal Tax Code formally requested that the I.R.S. hand over six years of Trump's tax returns.

Two things from this:  1.  This is good news. and 2. It makes me feel more confident about the reading I did on Mueller's work back in November in which I'd seen that the truth would come out after the Justice Department tries to block it. 

Oh, I don't know, maybe after thinking about it, it was obvious that this would happen.  But not to me. So many times I have to go back to old readings to feel better about what is going to happen once the going gets tough, as it has over the past two weeks. 

numerologist, Coyote, LalaBella and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KB
(@kb)
Prominent Member Registered

So for 22 months there wasn't a peep out of Mueller or his mighty team.  Now that the investigation is over, the grexing and leaks are starting.  The investigators who worked with Mueller are "simmering" about the way Barr summarized the conclusions about Trump.  They claim the information about Trump is more "damning" than Barr presented.  The investigators also openly wonder why Barr didn't use the summaries they wrote for him, which had been carefully prepared for public viewing.  

Yofisofi, Coyote, BlueBelle and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Jeanne, they didn't just ask for 6 years of his private returns, but for that of 8 of his businesses as well. They know by now that he hides things and as his previous business loan applications have shown, he will commit fraud with his money statements. 

The summaries written for public release by the Mueller team weren't used because Barr knew he had to please both Rumpus and his base. First impressions are lasting for many-especially many in this base. If inaccurate information is put out first, there will always be those who believe it, even when the report is released in it's full un-redacted form. They will not believe anything it says. This will tarnish Barr in ways he never imagined when he wrote his unsolicited memo to the administration hoping it would get him a shot at the AG position. I guess he never read about Icarus. 

For those who aren't sure what to believe, I see hope (as usual). This time it's tangible for me-not just my Pollyanna gut feelings. My mother has end-stage Alzheimer's and vascular dementia. My father has had 4 strokes and while he's mostly functional, he's declining in health and mental capabilities rapidly. Neither, according to their doctor, has much longer. It's a long convoluted story I've recounted before. However my point this time is that when I finally got them to move in with me last fall I expected their normal routine to continue in my home. Faux News on the TV all the time. I got myself a pair of bluetooth headphones for the TV in my room so I wouldn't have to listen, and could watch what I desired undisturbed. In the last 6 months, I've only caught them watching Faux News twice. I thought (skeptically) that maybe it was my father being considerate of me in my home, knowing I can't stand the network. Mostly they watch Hallmark since it keeps mom calm. Or Dad will find westerns or old reruns of sitcoms he liked. On several occasions I would hear CNN on the tv for a short period. It puzzled me. 

Then a few weeks ago I was cooking dinner and mom and dad were having an argument over the mail. They are life-long Republicans who have donated to most presidential campaigns up until Bush. I am not sure if they donated to the last campaign or not, but given their history, Mom got a letter with a donation request from the RNC. Dad told her there was no way in Hades they were going to throw away any more of their money to that group of losers. I could not turn around to face them I was so shocked. It took all that I had to not break out in laughter. Mom of course didn't understand, she often doesn't even know how to dress herself. She only knows that they were life long supporters, and now Dad wants nothing to do with them. This is a man who got into an argument with me at the end of Obama's term over the refusal of the Senate to even have the decency to give Merrick Garland a hearing. When I could look up and name previous SC nominees where their nomination was made in the last year of a presidency, he exploded. It couldn't be true that this was not policy as claimed by Faux and the RNC.  I could name several media sources (who all had the same information), and he decried them all as liberal shills. I told him that even the Library of Congress and the National Archives contained this information, and that is where reporters got their information, he denounced both institutions as liberal propagandist arms of our government. 

Yet here we are today, he would rather watch Hallmark than Faux (even when mom is napping), and he refuses to continue to support the RNC in it's current state. 

I'm not saying we let our guard down. We still have lots of work to do, especially as long as there are folks like those in the Senate, DOJ, and other government bodies who would put winning and their party over the interest of the country. 

The information in the report will come out, and it will not be pretty. Have faith. 

numerologist, Shawn, deetoo and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaidy)
Noble Member Registered

the trump people were very smart to cover up the truth with their summary and let the truth drip out. Without a Big Bang impact when the mueller report dropped his supporters could dig further into their beliefs, and feel vindicated- a sentiment that will be difficult to abandon as the truth emerges line by line. Even if the truth emerges in its entirety, it’s hard to imagine it having any real effect on trumpmania. The trump/gop machine knows their stuff and for the country and democracy this is sad, but it’s sort of impressive how little of this dumpster fire has been made to stick.

LalaBella, CDeanne, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I don't find that anyone connected with Barr who is talking to the press to be believable. I feel that Mueller was hampered and thwarted by the Justice Department.

I go deep into Mueller himself and find that he was thwarted.  --That the AG restricted the investigation so that Mueller couldn't finish.  I saw that last December when reading Mueller and I see it now.

I also had a dream (posted at the end of this post) back in December that I believe was about Mueller.  Bluebelle had a stunningly similar dream a few days after mine.  I didn't post the dreams because I don't post predictions about people's demise.  It's okay to post them now because I realize it wasn't about Mueller's health but his investigation. 

Today I threw cards, asking Mueller about his findings.  I  pulled the Ten of Swords - Ruin (Thoth deck) - it's all in pieces, like a broken mirror (although the card also shows that a light will grow from this disaster).

The truth is in the FBI files but I'm not sure about the report.

The shattered mirror can be reconstructed, though. The pieces can be glued back together.  And there are people who will do just that. 

Bluebelle's dream about Mueller grabbing his left side and falling over sideways fits what I see.

My own dream at the same time was of a man who had been flushing out dirty water, but then was stricken and was lying seriously injured on the ground.  The arm that was doing the flushing was still Moving but was effectively unable to function.

I had emailed the dream to Bluebelle on December 19 when she emailed me her dream.    I have posted both dreams further below. Although we had them in December, I wouldn't post anything that would portend someone's demise.

Here's what the NY Times today reports -- that Barr and his people were frustrated with Mueller for not deciding whether the president colluded. 

"At the same time, Mr. Barr and his advisers have expressed their own frustrations about Mr. Mueller and his team. Mr. Barr and other Justice Department officials believe the special counsel’s investigators fell short of their task by declining to decide whether Mr. Trump illegally obstructed the inquiry, according to the two government officials. After Mr. Mueller made no judgment on the obstruction matter, Mr. Barr stepped in to declare that he himself had cleared Mr. Trump of wrongdoing." 

I don't believe these sources were being honest when they said they were frustrated with Mueller for falling short of his task.  If Mueller fell short of the task it was because the Justice Department head stopped him.  

I'm not sure that the Mueller report is complete, by the way.  It's the Mueller files I feel are going to reveal what investigators learned about the collusion.  Fortunately I feel those files have been spread around. 

And in any case, Trump already showed he colluded with Russia. Evidence of his collusion is over the place in plain view beginning with: "Russia, if you are listening..." Secret meetings with Putin; Helsinki, Don Jr. statement about their extensive business dealings with Russia, seeking a Moscow hotel during the campaign, the "adoption" meeting, and so much more, including all the lies and coverups about these meetings.  

And then there is my intuitive knowing about the whole thing. 

The big question I have isn't whether he colluded with Russia, but if the truth will ever come out. I believe it will.  Timing is the issue. We want it to come out as soon as possible, not years from now. 

I ask the cards, will the full Mueller files, not the report, be published?  Answer: Failure to publish in a timely manner which means that many people will feel it was a failure.  But will they ever be made public?  Yes, but by then the impact will be less powerful. Still it will happen. 

Question: will the Mueller Report be made public?  Yes, but in the near future with serious deletions.  Barr is stalling and will stall as long as he can.  He's lying and stalling.

When they say they have to go over it first to protect security and other investigations, they are lying, in my view. By now, people could have solved that issue if they wanted to.  In Washington people work around the clock and they have a phalanx of lawyers and experts to go through that report with a fine tooth comb. But they are stalling. We will have to wait for the democrats to publish the full report.

I wish the Democrats would push now and not give the disingenuous AG another day to delay.  

P.S. Thank you all for what you've posted here. Cindy you are a hero. I am at awe at your strength at dealing with parents, headphones and all. I love your father's flexibility in shifting his views, something that is difficult after so many years as a dyed in the wool Republican.

Dreams about Mueller around December 19th:

"I  had a dream a few nights ago that disturbed me.  I saw a man who was using a tool to flush out dirty water. He’d been flushing and flushing and I could see all the dirty yellowy brown water and then I saw him stretched out on the ground on his side and one arm was paralyzed and the other still holding and working the flushing instrument but to no avail.  I was so upset that I woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep." -- Jeanne, Dec. 19, 2018.

"I dreamed that I saw Mueller sitting in a chair and he suddenly grabbed his left arm and fell over." -- Bluebelle 

numerologist, deetoo, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

Totally agree with everything you said Jeanne. Barr is stalling and lying. The truth will come out and it will be devastating to T and others.  More leaks coming.

polarberry, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

From the Washington Post 

The Times reports that some of Mueller’s investigators “have told associates” that Barr “failed to adequately portray the findings of their inquiry,” and that they were “more troubling” for Trump than Barr’s letter indicated. Those Mueller investigators believe Barr “should have included more of their material.” It’s not clear from the Times report how exactly these investigators thought Barr’s letter oversimplified their findings.

But The Post’s account adds substantially to this portion of the story. Barr’s letter stated that Mueller’s report details evidence on “both sides” of the question of whether Trump committed criminal obstruction of justice, and said Barr stepped in to conclude that Mueller’s findings were “not sufficient” to establish that criminality. The Post report, however, says this:

Members of Mueller’s team have complained to close associates that the evidence they gathered on obstruction was alarming and significant.

“It was much more acute than Barr suggested,” said one person, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the subject’s sensitivity.

Meanwhile, The Post also reports that Mueller’s team had prepared summaries of their conclusions. Critically, one official says this was done so these summaries could be shared with the public, as opposed to the public being informed by "the attorney general’s summary of their work, as turned out to be the case.”

All of that is not just a direct indictment of Barr’s process decision to summarize the findings as he did. In effect, it also says that his summary has, through omission, misled the public about the gravity of those findings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/2019/04/04/complete-total-exoneration-team-mueller-nope-not-so-much/

numerologist, CDeanne, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

In light of the leaky boat vision that KB posted here on 3/26, I had to laugh today when I read a newly released WAPO article that used the analogy.

The leaky boat vision as KB posted it after watching an obviously talented psychic, was that Trump was asked to choose between two boats.  One boat would enable him and his family to get away safely.  The other boat would enable him to stay but it had a little leak   She said Trump picked the leaky boat that stays because he had confidence he could get away with it.  He won't. The leak will sink him, but we have to be patient.” 

This article just landed in my inbox from the Washington post: "The message from Mueller's team, whether deliberate or not, seems to be: Stay ... The previously leakproof Mueller team is suddenly sprouting leaks,..."

Many people, including myself,  had predicted that the loyal and justice-seeking FBI (loyal to their leader) would not allow the Administration to cover up their many months of work.  But the leaky boat analogy is here now.  

numerologist, KB, BlueBelle and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@5leafclover)
Noble Member Participant

Jeanne, if the problem is exactly what you say it is, here is a good solution: Arrange to have Robert Mueller make all the redactions with no involvement or supervision by William Barr or anyone associated with the White House. If Robert Mueller does the redactions and not William Barr, we then know it really is Robert Mueller's report. Perhaps the U.S. House committees should seek a court order taking William Barr completely out of the redaction process.

polarberry, BlueBelle, polarberry and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

The law gives the Attorney General the right to control the report and do with it as he sees fit.  The House has voted to subpoena the report but they haven't issued the subpoena yet.   It will probably end up in the courts, but although it pains me to say this, Barr is legally in charge of the contents of the report. Perhaps someone else here would know what kind of latitude the House would have over the report.  At the moment, the Republicans are claiming they have no latitude, but that's how the Republicans behave about everything.  Our Constitution provided for the Congress to act as a check on theExecutive.  So the House should have the right to see the report. In fact, I would think that the Freedom of Information Act would entitle anyone to see the report except for portions that are classified. 

Richard Nixon did not have these kinds of protections. He didn't have the press covering up for him.  The 1972 Congress was controlled by the Democrats.  He was alone. Today we are in almost the opposite situation. But there are other factors involved.  The State courts are going after Trump and the Feds have no power over them. Then there is the court of public opinion, which could swing against Trump as more leaks out. 

KB, Paul W, polarberry and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 13 / 32
Share: