Documents to block ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Documents to block SCOTUS Nomination?

vida
(@vida)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

I met with Sen. Cardin (D-MD) for a half hour yesterday to discuss Brett Kavanaugh as the SCOTUS nomination. He was extremely generous to shoe-horn some time into his incredibly packed day to speak with a small group of local activist leaders about what he and the democrats are doing, and I could see that while he was showing some signs of weariness, he's still energized about trying to do right by American citizens. 

He told us that preventing the SCOTUS nomination is the top priority right now, as losing this seat to Kavanaugh would have ramifications felt across the board beyond giving top cover to a corrupt president. He spoke to us about how a justice with a track record of siding with corporations over citizens could mark the end of DACA, the Affordable Care Act, women's reproductive rights, and the loss of environmental protections.

Beyond trying to amplify the message of what's at stake for all American citizens, he mentioned that they are eagerly trying to access documentation of Kavanaugh's activities during the Bush Administration. They believe he is entangled in the various war crimes that occurred back then.

I felt compelled to add this to our U.S. Predictions thread for two reasons: 

1) Does anyone have a feeling about these documents, whether they will successfully be brought to light, or whether they would impact the nomination if they were brought to light?

2) Can we also remember to send extra light and love to those lawmakers who are trying to do the right thing by their constituents? Many of these men and women are working incredibly hard and are even reaching across the aisle to accomplish good things, but are being thwarted by powerful people with dark purposes.

Thanks, everyone, for the important work you are doing here. It gives me hope. <3

RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell, Lola and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Wow, Vida, this was amazing! You are a fearless light worker doing great work. Bless you! Will do a special focus of love and light for protection and support for all of those doing this crucial work now, including you ?

vida, RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is reported to have said that she hopes to stay on the Supreme Court until the age of 90.

“I’m now 85,” Ginsburg said on Sunday. “My senior colleague, Justice John Paul Stevens, he stepped down when he was 90, so think I have about at least five more years.”

And she has already hired law clerks for two more terms.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/29/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-scalia-new-york/index.html

As Vida has mentioned, we all need to surround Ruth Bader Ginsburg with love and protective light for a long, healthy, and productive life.

May she stand tall and strong as a symbol of our own Lady of Liberty, Truth, and Justice.

Lola, mariad, Lola and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered

Whenever I read something about the American Supreme Court, I can't help but scratch my head and wonder: When did it all start going so wrong? I mean, when your strategy becomes hoping that people live to be 90, you know that things started going wrong several decades ago. This sort of situation simply shouldn't be happening.

Paul W, Lola, Michele and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: