Notifications
Clear all

U . F . O . ?

(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Have any of you ever seen a UFO?  And, if so, do you think it was man-made,  extraterrestrial, biological, angelic, or what?

The first UFO that i saw was of the black triangle type.  It was cruising low and slow above my house one day.  I was surprised at how at how silent it was.  And it was low enough, that i could actually see details on the bottom side of it.  Now, i have always imagined that any species with technology advanced enough to travel to different galaxies, would also have a more advanced system of aesthetics than we do on Earth.  But this Black Triangle was about as attractive to look at as the underside of an automobile.  It was so disappointing to realize that this "UFO" was made by the same Earth-bound nit-wits who gave us SUVs, and McMansions, and those clunky white athletic shoes that old men seem to love so much.  I didn't bother to take a picture.  Even the color of the thing was bad- the ugliest shade of black you could imagine.  If they are going to fly triangles over my house, why can't they be pink?

The second UFO i saw was a wingless, cigar-shaped, silvery gold metallic thing.  It was flying very high, on a clear blue day.  As it traveled in a straight line, it would flicker in and out of visibility, as if some little alien kid was playing with the Cloaking Control Panel, while the parents yell "knock it off, already" from the front seat. 

Of the two, the second "UFO" definitely seemed more advanced, more likely to be extraterrestrial in origin.

JourneyWithMe2, BlueBelle, Luminous and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

@jeanne-mayell thanks for sharing that link.  And i agree that the subject can be scoffable.  But the "U" in UFO simply means "unidentified'', and doesn't speak to the origin of the flying object.  I am an agnostic when it comes to aliens- i don't know whether they exist or not.  But i did see those objects that i described.  One time i was with some friends out on a large open meadow.  We saw a large, dark, balloon shaped object slowly fall to the ground.  We ran down the hill to reach it- and it turned out to be an actual weather balloon.  The thing is, it didn't look anything like a flying saucer, lol.

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, Luminous and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@unk-p. Okay first of all, our posts just crossed in the mail, and I apologize that I had deleted mine so yours doesn't seem to be replying to anything, but I promise people, that UnkP was replying to my post that I deleted because I posted it before reading his and when I later read his, I realized mine was a non sequitur, so I deleted it.

Quick aside: When I saw your new topic on UFO's, I wanted to respond to that subject right then and there, especially because you, UnkP, had started it. But I had to make dinner, and act like a normal human wife I haven't been for two weeks while the site was crashing. So instead of being glued to the computer or yelling at GoDaddy.com, I had to pretend to be normal, make Sunday dinner, and watch Masterpiece.

So I did that, and now I have read your post that I had replied to, and I see that mine was a total non sequitur.

So now, replying to your observation of two UFO's that you've seen, the only UFO I've ever seen was a thing hovering eerily in the sky, a man of war jelly fish with dangling streamers and a light. I was kid and the whole neighborhood of kids came running out shouting and leaping up and down about it. But later we found out, like yours, that it was a weather balloon. 

But if the objects you saw, were really from aliens, then here's the thing about them looking like the underside of a car.  Wouldn't you think that by the time the thing got the trillion miles it had to get to fly by you, that all the pink doo-dads and sparkles and flashing lights, would have faded away or fallen off by the time it got here?

Or perhaps the aliens who sent it actually think it looks really fancy and impressive, but they miscalculated human tastes? Or more likely, they are hoping we won't notice it at all.  They thought that  it is so bland that we pizzazz-loving humans won't even see it there or if we do, we won't really think we saw anything.

Okay, but seriously, I'm sure it looks pretty basic because only something very simply and basic that resembles a rock, or a meteor, could make it this far.

People in this community have made RTF Night predictions that we are going to have contact with aliens in the early 2020's.  

Then a few weeks ago, I noticed this story in The Washington Post: in which the most skeptical in our society, the leadership of the U.S. military, are now publicly announcing sitings of UFO's of the Close Encounters Kind.

Excerpt from WAPO: Recently the former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe began talking about UFOs on Fox News.  And made a whole bunch of claims about what the U.S. intelligence community knew about UAPs, including that a Pentagon report would soon be released revealing even more information. According to the New York Post’s Tamar Lapin and Jackie Salo:

“There are a lot more sightings than have been made public,” he told host Maria Bartiromo. “Some of those have been declassified.”

“And when we talk about sightings,” Ratcliffe continued, “we are talking about objects that have been seen by Navy or Air Force pilots, or have been picked up by satellite imagery that frankly engage in actions that are difficult to explain.”

“Movements that are hard to replicate that we don’t have the technology for. Or traveling at speeds that exceed the sound barrier without a sonic boom.”

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, BlueBelle and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

@jeanne-mayell wow! this thread is getting stranger by the minute.  Could it be.....Aliens?!?      just kidding, i love your post.  I actually had to go and do some ho-hum-human type activities, myself, just after i posted, so no worries.

((@))..((@))

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, Luminous and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@unk-p and everyone, I'm just so happy that the forum works again. I want to post and post while I can. 

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, CC21 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell

You should see the smile on my face after reading your comment.

JourneyWithMe2, CC21, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

The only thing I have to offer in this thread is an account from when I was 9 or 10.  I remember all those Time/Warner books about unexplained phenomena were always in the commercials of shows I'd watch so I was always freaked out by aliens and alien encounters.

We vacationed each year to a small cabin we had on Lake Michigan.  As we spent more and more summers there, my mom started horseback riding and rented stalls for our horses at a local farmers she was friends with.  We finishing up one evening in the dark of the barn and I had the greatest feeling I was being watched - all I could see in my head were the drawings of the aliens with the big heads and almond eyes that were all over those commercials. I was freaked but the animals weren't so I imagine it was my imagination.

But on the way home, while we were driving those dark country roads, in the direction of Lake Michigan my mom and I both saw three very bright lights fade in over the lake - spaced maybe 1/4 mile apart.  They then faded out and reappeared further.  They faded out again and didn't come back.  Neither of us have any explanation to this day of what they were (I do remember not sleeping a wink that night) but I'll also admit the phenomena was more likely man made than anything else.  I was, after all, a young, impressionable youth.

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, BlueBelle and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

Ok. I've told this before. About 1966, on a Sunday night, we were returning to college. It was cloudy, no stars or moon. Outside of Sapulpa, Oklahoma we made a right turn north, and right in front of us was a big bright star. Can't tell how high or far away, but three red lights dropped out of the big star one at a time. They each fell a ways, and then stopped. When they quit falling they each turned white and flew across the sky.

Some of my family come from Georgia. My Great  grand parents farmed on the Chickamauga Battle field. My Great grand Mother with others were out is the field picking cotton. (I don't know if this is an UFO or a supernatural  event) Suddenly they heard a terrible noise up in the sky. It flew over them, going from one horizon to the other. My great Grandmother said it sounded like running horses, dragging chains. People thought the world was ending, falling to the ground, crying.

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, Lovendures and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

ok, i almost forgot this one-  i was traveling across country, and decided to stop in a New Mexican restaurant, to have a snack and some coffee.  After eating, i decided to walk around a little.  I had never really been to New Mexico before, so i was just looking at the plants, and rocks, and sky.  I thought to myself "wouldn't it be funny if i saw an alien?"

A small white shape floated by me on the wind.  I assumed it was just one of those omnipresent white plastic grocery bags that you  see all over the world.  But it got snagged on the prongs of a metal fence, just a few yards away from me.  And then i noticed that something odd was dangling from it.  I removed it from the fence, and saw that it was not a grocery bag at all- it was a tiny white parachute, with a tiny little alien attached.  She was green. And made of plastic.  The words, printed on the parachute, read

VISIT THE ALIEN MUSEUM AND GIFT SHOP

Baba, FEBbby23, melmystery and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

@unk-p

What year did that first sighting take place? Maybe you saw a primitive drone.

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

I haven't experienced directly, but maybe more indirectly. 

When I was in my teens I took an interest in UFOs but as I got older I decided the most plausible explanation was that they were merely unidentified top secret aircraft or drones and that was the end of it, and I stopped taking any interest.

More recently, for the first time in many years, I happened to come across by accident a very recent interview with Bob Lazar after the recent Pentagon revelations concerning the sightings by the US Navy. Oddly, I never sat and watched a Bob Lazar interview or took any interest in his story before, so what he had to say was very interesting and made me feel a little unnerved.

Anyway, during the same time I was watching that interview late at night, my dad tells me out of the blue the next day he felt a need to get up in the middle of the night and go outside and look up. During that night he saw an object that he could not explain that was moving weirdly in the sky. It was weird because I didn't tell him I was watching that interview, so the synchronicity of him seeing that the same night I was watching that interview, was indeed weird.

I want to say the words 'psychic phenomena', that's what comes to my head. There perhaps is a psychic/paranormal/spiritual aspect to some of these experiences. Why? How? I have no idea.  

FEBbby23, Isabelle, November and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@theungamer)
Famed Member Registered

15+ years ago my daughter and I were driving on the freeway at night and saw something similar to the Phoenix lights.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights .  There were 5 large bright white lights lined up horizontally in the sky that hovered over a heavily populated area. No other colors, no flashing lights, no sound, and no movement for 10 minutes.   Then the lights were gone.  We thought maybe it was a plane turning to approach the John Wayne airport although the area where we saw the lights is not part of any flight patterns.  No UFO sitings reported that night.  Am not sure if these things are alien in nature or just technologies that have not been made public.  Perhaps a little of both?

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, Lovendures and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@luminous

Love this thread. I have never been into UFOs (my guilty pleasure is Bigfoot stuff...) But I have worked from home well before the pandemic, so I usually have the TV on in the background. I like all the different cryptozoology shows, history channel, science channel, travel channel, etc. They are perfect background fluff...interesting enough, but not too distracting. I take them all with a grain of salt, but also do take in what seems possibly legit.

What I find interesting is that in the last few years I have found the UFO/Alien shows of interest. And I have probably seen just about all of them! There are some really interesting things coming up the last few years and I notice that I see the same stories covered on different shows and also the occasional mainstream media mention (e.g., the U.S. Navy sightings/footage.) As an information professional by trade, I notice as things are being mentioned in multiple sources and it definitely feels like momentum building towards confirmation of aliens/UFOs coming soon. I follow what folks on this site have been saying and what I see popping up in all these shows and media...makes one think and pay attention. I have never had a personal experience with UFOs or anything, but I will not be the least surprised when something really concrete and mainstream is revealed. I am sure there are a lot of people for whom any discussion of UFOs or aliens is just not on their radar (no pun intended) so it may be quite a shock or take a while to believe when it does happen. I, for one, am curious to see it all play out in the next few years!

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, Lovendures and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @coyote

@unk-p

What year did that first sighting take place? Maybe you saw a primitive drone.

@coyote i think it was around 2010ish.  The black triangle was really large, so i don't think it was a drone.  I did see a drone back around that same time period- it was white, and shaped like 3 peas in a pod.  It seemed a lot smaller than the triangle.

posted by @elaineg

My Great grand Mother with others were out is the field picking cotton. (I don't know if this is an UFO or a supernatural event) Suddenly they heard a terrible noise up in the sky. It flew over them, going from one horizon to the other. My great Grandmother said it sounded like running horses, dragging chains. People thought the world was ending, falling to the ground, crying.

@elaineg this is fascinating.  Can you tell us more about it?  Did anyone see anything, or was it just the sound?

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@elaineg  I am in NW Ga. a short drive from the Chickamauga Battlefield Park and Lookout Mountain ~ which played a key part in several famous battles during the civil war. Tales of Boogers and Haints and other mysteries abound in the area ~ some from Native American peoples who lived there prior to the white man's take over of the lands in that area. Robert Craven's farm being a famous home in the area. Just over on the western side of Lookout Mountain you'll see towns in Alabama, such as Fyffe that many more modern day "sightings" (read more here if interested: http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2015/06/mass-ufo-sighting-alabama.html )

I have had a few.. "disconcerting" occurrences/encounters during camp outs in the Lookout Mountain areas. Lookout Mountain itself has an ancient energy that is all its own.  I also had one when staying at Folly Beach, SC.  just down from the base when I was a child.

That being said? Whenever I talked about these things with anyone...and so many pooh poohed the idea of life in other realms.... here deep in the heart of the Bible belt.. I dismayed many an adult when they would "shush" me and tell me how the bible proves me wrong and we are the only planet and "God's chosen people" when I would respond. "When I read in the bible that Jesus said "In my Father's house there are many mansions" When I look at the sky... I see many galaxies, star systems far from our own, I thought it would be pretty arrogant of us would it not? To think that God was limited to what was created here? That He created this world and then stopped????? Does not Creation itself expand exponentially? Think about the word "Procreation" and "Go forth and multiply" does it apply just to humans? or to everything living thing... and.. are not planets living things"?

Yes... I was a precocious child, reading at 2nd year college level when I was a 4th grader. (So my teachers told my parents) I guess it's a good thing I had encephalitis at 12 years old (the first time) to "slow me down". Growing up here in the Deep South brainy females were not appreciated nor tolerated well at the time.That is another story however Dear Reader ;-)

Baba, FEBbby23, Vesta and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

UFO’s.  Isn’t this an interesting thread?  I can’t say that I’ve ever seen one, but have seen compelling video evidence from the US military that has been discussed in the NYT.  That said, I’m open to the possibility.

A few months ago, one of my sons recommended the book, “Abduction” by John Mack, a Harvard psychiatrist.  Although it was very interesting, I had to stop reading because it freaked me out and I still have not been able to finish it.

Here’s more background on John Mack, who died after stepping in front of a car in London, leaving more unfinished manuscripts.

At Mack’s funeral, many recalled one of his favorite quotes, from Rilke’s Letter to a Young Poet (as translated by Stephen Mitchell): “That is at bottom the only courage that is demanded of us: to have courage for the most strange, the most singular and the most inexplicable that we may encounter. That mankind has in this sense been cowardly has done life endless harm; the experiences that are called ‘visions,’ the whole so-called ‘spirit-world,’ death, all those things that are so closely akin to us, have by daily parrying been so crowded out of life that the senses with which we could have grasped them are atrophied. To say nothing of God.”

JourneyWithMe2, Vesta, Lovendures and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@theungamer)
Famed Member Registered

@bluebelle I want to read that book.  How far did you get?

JourneyWithMe2, Jeanne Mayell, Luminous and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @unk-p

But this Black Triangle was about as attractive to look at as the underside of an automobile.  It was so disappointing to realize that this "UFO" was made by the same Earth-bound nit-wits who gave us SUVs, and McMansions, and those clunky white athletic shoes that old men seem to love so much. 

Do you think it was a Stealth aircraft?  I've seen a couple of those and they're pretty ominous-looking.  (And not particularly attractive)

JourneyWithMe2, Moonchild, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

@ana i just googled the Stealth, and it is possible that i saw an alternate version of the Stealth, or maybe a prototype.  The one that i saw didn't have the serrated, zig-zag shape along the bottom of the triangular shape.  And it wasn't smooth on the undercarriage, it looked like it had a lot of brackets and doodads and psuedo-Star Wars looking crap attached to it.  I just noticed on google that the f117 also is sorta triangular in shape.

JourneyWithMe2, Jeanne Mayell, Luminous and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

@cc21 

I used to watch a number of different shows as well in my teens. I have been quite open to wanting to explore a lot of things from a very young age. I used to ask tons of questions to my parents about life, reality, aliens from as young as 5 years old. When I got to my teens I had more freedom to explore things on my own and do my own research and try to find the answers myself. I even felt a strange calling to explore past life regression hypnosis and researched to find a reputable past life regression therapist and I did several sessions under hypnosis with her - but that is a story for another topic.

I will say that I have read some fascinating theories over the years about ancient civilizations/aliens/UFOs/reality etc, but then for some reason I stopped searching for answers on all these different things and thought I should move on, which I did, until I was hit with my illness. After that without even asking/looking I started to have spiritual experiences - as did my family, but again, a story for another topic. So it has only really been recently that I started to look into a few things again almost by accident.

I want to also say. I am not exactly sure how to interpret these things because I get mixed messages sometimes, but my lightbulb has been flashing and flickering when I came back to this topic to reply. As a reference, the angels tend to do this when they wish to let me be aware of something. Sometimes it's very obvious, but I'm not sure this time, so if anyone gets anything from me saying this then please do share.

CC21, FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2 and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: