Notifications
Clear all

UK ( England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland)

(@luminous)
Illustrious Member Registered

So, you might ask why it feels so personal. Well, for a start, it's the country I live in and I've watched it steadily decline over the past 14 years.

Furthermore, the hardship that my family and I have endured as a result of Tory policies makes it bloody personal.

I've spent almost 14 out of 15 years of my health journey dealing with extra delays and bureaucracy because of the Tory cuts to the NHS. Years waiting for referrals, 6 months or more for a scan. If I had the option of having health insurance through a job to cover me outside the NHS system, I would gladly do so. But I don't have that luxury. So, I am stuck in a broken system that is deliberately underfunded and under-resourced when it comes to complex health problems. The extra suffering I and many others have endured because of ideological decisions to screw the NHS has made this personal.

If I could just get on with my life and be passive and ignore the news and what's happening, I would be happy to do so. But like many millions of people, it's personal and impossible not to feel anger and rage at what's happened.

See the attached graph to see the data on NHS waiting lists that have continued to get worse under the Tories since being in government after Labour.

Maggieci, matildagirl, Jaidy and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@luminous Thanks for your expansive overview of UK's political challenges. What is the chance that the UK will seriously reconsider EU membership?

Lauren and Luminous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

Posted by: @kathleen

@luminous Thanks for your expansive overview of UK's political challenges. What is the chance that the UK will seriously reconsider EU membership?

When people accept it was a mistake and grow up. So at the moment? never.

I personally wish the Labour party would stop playing it safe and announce they are going to allow the UK a second referendum on rejoining the EU. But it is still incredibly divisive. The UK still isn't ready to heal its divisions on brexit until more people recognise it was based on lies. About 60% now recognise that, but with people like Farage, who still has a platform to lie and stir things up, there will always still be a lot of people who will still be seduced by his bs. Had the BBC and other media paltforms not allowed him to onto their political programs, he would never have been able to sell the idea of brexit.

This list I have attached is what the liberal and left side of our politics is up against media wise in the UK. Looking at that list, you can understand why the Tories have been in power for 14 years.

Freya, KMac, earthangel and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I found an old prediction I did during one of our group read the future meditations sometime around  2017 or 2018 in which I said that a lawsuit would shoot down Brexit on the grounds that it had been the result of lies. I will post it when I have time to search for it again.  

Lauren, 2ndfdl, Maggieci and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

I found an old prediction I did during one of our group read the future meditations sometime around  2017 or 2018 in which I said that a lawsuit would shoot down Brexit on the grounds that it had been the result of lies. I will post it when I have time to search for it again.  

It's possible a Labour government, or a Lab-Lib coalition government, would do an inquiry into brexit, like the covid inquiry we have had here in the UK. But a brexit inquiry would never happen with the Tories in power. They also have a russian report that was done several years ago by uk intelligence agencies on russian electoral interference involving our elections and brexit, but the tories have never allowed the contents of that report to be published for the public to see. It's possible that this report is what exposes all that, or perhaps some other type of inquiry done in the future. Hopefully, if Labour win the general election, either by a majority or in coalition with the Liberal Democrats, then they will finally reveal the contents of that report.

It has been said for some time that if it were not for brexit, then there would be no Trump victory in 2016. Both, I believe, have links to Russia, with the goal of weakening and creating disunity in the West for Putin to invade Ukraine. Farage gloated his victory on brexit in speeches at Trump events during his 2016 campaign, selling the idea that americans could upset the establishment and change things. It is possible that the same facilitators of Farage are the same facilitators of Trump. 

Jeanne Mayell, raincloud, Lauren and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

In my heart, the more I see what's happening here in the UK and in the future, with a climate crisis looming on the horizon, the more I feel I can't vote for either Labour or the Liberal Democrats. Their climate policies are too weak.

In fact, I've just read the Green Party manifesto and I agree with almost all their policies.

I may change my mind when the general election comes around, but I feel I can't in good conscience vote for a party that doesn't prioritise drastic action on climate change.

Maybe I'm naive in thinking that a more equal, fairer and climate-friendly society is achievable, but it's what my heart wants.

The Green Party may not have a chance of winning a general election against either Labour or the Conservatives at the moment, but maybe by voting for them I can help create an appetite for change, and maybe one day they will have a bigger political presence.

Lauren, raincloud and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

The Liberal Democrats were in government with the Conservatives from 2010-2015, during which time the UK underwent aggressive economic austerity. The NHS budget fell to its lowest annual increase in spending for over 30 years. With a growing elderly population and a reduction in the number of hospital beds, this was actually a big cut in funding for NHS services. Not to mention that it was the Liberal Democrats who decided to introduce controversial health reforms that messed up social care funding, which is in absolute chaos to this day. Not only that, but the Liberal Democrats have broken every single promise they were elected to deliver over those five years, and they have failed. Some people where I live refer to them as 'yellow Tories'.

Labour, on the other hand, have recently been pandering to Rupert Murdoch to get the support of his media empire and have also broken their promise of a Green New Deal. On top of that, their plans to improve NHS funding are a pittance compared to what the NHS actually needs to improve things.

So now you understand why I have come to my views on these two parties.

The Green Party is the only party that has a climate action plan, a plan for the NHS, a plan for schools and education, a plan to reduce poverty and tackle inequality, a plan to investigate and review Brexit, and they stand by their plans unashamedly and unafraid.

Maggieci and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @luminous

In my heart, the more I see what's happening here in the UK and in the future, with a climate crisis looming on the horizon, the more I feel I can't vote for either Labour or the Liberal Democrats. Their climate policies are too weak.

In fact, I've just read the Green Party manifesto and I agree with almost all their policies.

I may change my mind when the general election comes around, but I feel I can't in good conscience vote for a party that doesn't prioritise drastic action on climate change.

Maybe I'm naive in thinking that a more equal, fairer and climate-friendly society is achievable, but it's what my heart wants.

The Green Party may not have a chance of winning a general election against either Labour or the Conservatives at the moment, but maybe by voting for them I can help create an appetite for change, and maybe one day they will have a bigger political presence.

I understand with all my heart how you feel, and you must vote your conscience. BUT consider that a vote for a third party that can't possibly win is a vote for the Tories. The Tories are thrilled for their opponents' votes to be split up so the Tories win.  

People who don't want the Tories in control need to band together to make sure the Tories aren't elected. You have numbers on your side, but not if you split up your votes.  

Tara Prete, Luminous, Maggieci and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I know we had posted some Royal Family predictions on the Predictions page. I wanted to update some news here. Princess Catherine has announced she has cancer:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68641441

Vesta, Lauren, Freya and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

Just terrible news. The predictions that were made about Kate and William seem pretty on target. 

FEBbby23, Vesta, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@lowtide Yes, I found it interesting to re-read in light of the news. Sending all good healing thoughts to her and her family for a full recovery.

FEBbby23, Vesta, lowtide and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@luminous Thanks for sending this detail on the NHS waiting list. I'm stunned and my heart goes out to you and everyone in the UK having to suffer it. The NHS system used to be a shining example of social democracy gone right, not wrong.

Vesta, Freya and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@darrenb439)
Eminent Member Spectator

Do you see Charles standing down as King? And will William and Kate divorce? Heard some people mention that in real life conversation 

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: