Notifications
Clear all

Looking for light during the Russian Invasion of Ukraine.

(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @lovendures

I also want to visit Ukraine one day in the near future after (they win this war) and have a beer in the Pravda brewery. I don't even like beer much, but I will love their beer.  I will sip it while staring at a  bouquet of sunflowers on the table in a vase. 

What brewery food is good to eat from Ukraine...because I want to visualize that too?

Who will join me?

we will need some music, too, of course! Here is DakhaBrakha, the experimental folk/punk band from Kyiv, Ukraine.  The song is Vesna.  It is about the hope and promise of Spring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI2WPCS12xA

-peace & love

Tiger-n-Owl, Maggieci, Luminous and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@unk-p 

This was a perfect song!  I even found myself taping along to the beat.  

Luminous, lenor, JourneyWithMe2 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@bluebelle, I am hopeful for Zelensky too.  He came into my mind this morning and I asked "how is Zelensky?"  I immediately got goosebumps, the good kind that tells me spirit is there.  He is surrounded by spirit, angels -- however you wish to describe divine guidance and protection.   I strongly believe everyone's prayers and light are magnifying that protection.

I, too, am grateful for our intuitive collective, and to Jeanne for giving us this incredible platform and community of support.  Love you all!

Tiger-n-Owl, Luminous, lenor and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@lovendures Count me in! I love a good stout...wonder if they have pyrohi (pierogies) on the menu? No doubt they would have some good food. And sunflowers on the table, for sure!

FEBbby23, Tiger-n-Owl, Luminous and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@lovendures, count me in as well on the visit to the Pravda brewery.  I'm not a beer drinker, but I will share one in unity with all of you and the courageous Ukrainian people. 

I looked up brewery food in Ukraine.  Not sure if all of these foods works with beer, but maybe?  I am of Polish descent and am familiar with many of these dishes, but by a different name:

Varenyky -- noodle dumpling filled with cabbages, meat, mushrooms, cottage cheese, potatoes, cherries or currants.  Topped with sour cream.  Like pierogis, which my mom made from scratch.  Yummy!

Nalysnyky -- crepe filled with cottage cheese and raisins

Golubtsi -- stuffed cabbage rolls

Borscht with garlic fritters

Potato pancakes

Chicken Kiev

FEBbby23, Tiger-n-Owl, Luminous and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

This chant was recorded at St. Michael's Golden Dome Monastery in Kyiv. It is Ukrainian Orthodox chant and is part of the Divine Liturgy sung in Orthodox churches around the world.  The words chanted are the same in every Orthodox Church, though chanted in the language of the particular church.  It is fitting to post this chant here, especially if you read the words. I offer it as a prayer for the people of Kyiv.  I would not be surprised if the monks are attempting to continue holding their own services through this war at the monastery.  

This is the Church that @Cindy saw in her vision regarding St. Michael. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd2XGODKIxo

kksali, Luminous, lenor and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures @Bluebelle

Yes, I hope that Zelensky will consider going into a bunker near a border soon and lead from there. (Just so I can sleep better because that is what matters. 😉) 

I am trying to think up a Molotov Cocktail recipe, the kind one drinks rather than throws, both to salute the Ukrainians and soothe my anxiety on their behalf.

ReplyQuote
(@ana)

I thought this was cool.

Lviv-based Pravda brewery switches to making Molotov cocktails. The brewery announced the plans after Ukraine’s Defense Ministry instructed civilians to make Molotov cocktails to resist invading Russian forces.

Did anyone else see the Molotov cocktails being thrown at Russian tanks last night, catching the tanks on fire?

I am suddenly a fan of Molotov cocktails.  Who knew that would be a thing for 2022?

I also want to visit Ukraine one day in the near future after (they win this war) and have a beer in the Pravda brewery. I don't even like beer much, but I will love their beer.  I will sip it while staring at a  bouquet of sunflowers on the table in a vase. 

What brewery food is good to eat from Ukraine...because I want to visualize that too?

Who will join me?

I would like to visit Ukraine, so count me in.  Since childhood I've wanted to visit far Eastern Europe and hike in a Baba-Yaga-type forest.  (Without the evil aspect of Baba Yaga being present, that is.) 

So yeah.   I did visit Prague in 1979 when it was still Communist.  But just Prague, and the countryside out the window of a bus-- no forests.   It was part of a college semester in Europe.  The Czech people were very friendly but it was also clear they were conscious of being watched... all the time.   The beer was fantastic.  So were the offerings of the local bakeries-- and they were CHEAP too.  One morning we woke up and out the hotel window we saw a long line of people snaking around the block.  I asked our "minder" what was going on.  She said, "Oh that store just got a shipment of rugs and all the people want to buy rugs because there usually aren't any available." Talk about shortages!!!  Prague is a beautiful city with lovely people but OMG they must have been suffering under those constraints! 

Ukraine has had relative freedom for a while now and I'm sure they will fight tooth and nail to keep it. 

ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@raincloud I gave up drinking eons ago, so I had to google recipies. All molotov coctail recipies I found involve vodka-preferably Russian. Go figure. Several note that the drink should be set on fire prior to drinking. Anyone want to bet on whether such drinks rise in popularity in the near future?🥂🔥😎

FEBbby23, Tiger-n-Owl, Luminous and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

*note to donald and vlad- this is what big... um, "hand" energy looks like- from twitter today:

Benjamin Ramm

@BenjaminRamm

During his inaugural address in 2019, Zelensky told lawmakers: “I do not want my picture in your offices: the President is not an icon, an idol or a portrait. Hang your kids' photos instead, and look at them each time you are making a decision.”

FEBbby23, Luminous, lenor and 35 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

The most incredible COLD OPEN of SNL happened tonight.

I can't even describe how I felt watching it.!

Instead of a comedy sketch, it was a powerful tribute to the country of Ukraine. Kate McKinnon and Cecily Strong stood on a dark center stage and quietly introduced the Ukrainian Chorus Dumka of New York. The chorus, dressed in traditional Ukrainian folk costumes,  sang Prayer for Ukraine in Ukrainian.   At the end of the song, a somber  McKinnon and Strong came on stage again and quietly said: "Live from New York it's Saturday Night Live" and the camera panned up to show lit candles on the dark stage surrounded by sunflowers spelling out the word KYIV.  The audience was silent. 

My daughter and I looked at each other with tears in our eyes and cried.

Below is the clip of this Cold Open from CNN as NBC hasn't shared it yet.

Here is the translation of the song (which is sung at the end of liturgies in the Ukraine.) If this isn't a bright ray of light, I don't know what is.

Lord, oh the Great and Almighty,
Protect our beloved Ukraine,
Bless her with freedom and light
Of your holy rays.

With learning and knowledge enlighten
Us, your children small,
In love pure and everlasting
Let us, oh Lord, grow.

We pray, oh Lord Almighty,
Protect our beloved Ukraine,
Grant our people and country
All your kindness and grace.

Bless us with freedom, bless us with wisdom,
Guide into kind world,
Bless us, oh Lord, with good fortune
For ever and evermore

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/27/media/snl-cold-open-ukraine-tribute/index.html

FEBbby23, ghandigirl, kksali and 37 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

I had "volunteer" sunflowers blooming in my yard last year. Planted by the birds from their black oil sunflower seeds in the feeders. Perhaps even sunflowers seeds from Ukraine!

prayers ongoing and sending all the Love,Light and Healing to support Ukraine and her people.

1645967526-B4B37E49-FA45-4A42-8301-5FBF82D32F52.jpeg

FEBbby23, Tiger-n-Owl, Maggieci and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@unk-p 

DakhaBrakha's Vesna both the music and the singing reminded me of Mongolian throat singing, an example of which can be found on YoYo Ma's album The Silk Road. Lovely, thank you.

Yes, Zelensky is the man the world needs not only in this crucial moment but as an example for all time. I loved this profound observation by Heather Cox Richardson in her 2-26 post,

President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine has stepped into this moment as the hero of his nation and an answer to the bullying authoritarianism that in America has lately been mistaken for strength.

FEBbby23, Tiger-n-Owl, kksali and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@lovendures Oh, my, goodness. I just woke up a bit ago and am catching up and saw the SNL thing. Wow!!! I have tears in my eyes as well. Incredible. I believe the largest concentration of Ukrainian-Americans is in New York.

Also, thank you for posting the Litany of Supplication. I listened and read and remembered I know those words by heart from my growing up in a Ukrainian Catholic parish. It is a beautiful set of prayers and so meditative. Thank you!

FEBbby23, Tiger-n-Owl, Luminous and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

FEBbby23, Maggieci, Luminous and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@bluebelle 

These photos are incredible.  The power of the people around the world.  Spectacular!!

( Note to everyone out reading this, if you haven't clinked on them, do so)

FEBbby23, Luminous, lenor and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

@bluebelle 

Heartwarming visuals. Thank you for this. Putin is increasingly becoming a global pariah and may, in fact, be "losing his marbles". See the interview I posted in the other Russia-Ukraine link on this website with the author of "Putin's People: How the KGB Took Back Russia". Many of his own Security Council appear to be petrified of him. But, according to this interview, a number of the sanctions implemented are beginning to have an effect and there are other possible, even more dramatic, sanctions which may be implemented. Per this author, Putin may have finally overreached himself, lost as he is in a haze of paranoia, grievance, isolation and desire to leave a glorious legacy behind him.  She believes that he may have finally "met his Waterloo"  with this invasion and is becoming increasingly out of touch with reality. Still, these visuals are poignant reminders that the world stands united with Ukraine -- along, very likely, with a sizable amount of the hungry Russian common people.

FEBbby23, Tiger-n-Owl, raincloud and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)

@bluebelle 

These photos are incredible.  The power of the people around the world.  Spectacular!!

( Note to everyone out reading this, if you haven't clinked on them, do so)

I clicked on every single one.  It's a beautiful energy spreading around the planet.  Reminds me of the outpouring of the Women's March in protest over the election of Trump--an admirer of Putin.  

FEBbby23, Luminous, Vesta and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

American and British special forces veterans are volunteering to fight for Ukraine:

https://twitter.com/christopherjm/status/1497987657212874756?s=21

LalaBella, FEBbby23, Lovendures and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@theungamer)
Famed Member Registered

@bluebelle This feels HUGE!

From the Buzzfeed article:  "The group, composed of six US citizens, three Brits, and a German, are NATO-trained and experienced in close combat and counterterrorism."

FEBbby23, CC21, kksali and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5
Share: