Whoa! Weird Weather, Heat Events and Storms

(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

🙏🏻❤️💚💜🕊️💜💚❤️🙏🏻

Lauren and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-18/el-nino-la-nina-more-extreme-climate-change-csiro/102341468

"The current paper provides modelling evidence that climate change has already made El Niño and La Niña more frequent and more extreme."

To understand the change, they then compared ENSO in the 60 years pre- and post-1960.

They found that strong El Niños increased from two events in the pre-1960 to four events in the post-1960, and strong La Niñas from one event to nine events.

Dr Cai said the observed strength was extremely unusual if climate change had not had an impact.

This might be why the weird and wild weather around the world, like what is happening in Italy with flooding at the moment and our recent droughts, fires and extensive flooding.

looks like it’s going to get interesting.

Regards to all 

deetoo, Vesta, Jeanne Mayell and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@matildagirl  thanks for posting this study. My guts says that while climate change is extremely complex, with many feedback loops,  at this point, the oceans are driving the escalating weather events. 

For decades the oceans absorbed most of the heat generated by the carbon blanket in our atmosphere. That is one way that Gaia protects us. But now the increasingly warming oceans heat up the air above them which sets off ever larger, frequent, and accelerating hurricanes, typhoons, tropical storms and tornadoes.  

I will however see if @raincloud has some science-based info to add or edit.  She’s got a great handle on the science. 

Unk p, deetoo, matildagirl and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell 

You said it well, Jeanne, the oceans have absorbed 93% of the increased heat from global warming and because oceans drive weather, more oceanic heat leads to more intense weather. The term is "forcing the hydrologic clycle."

Here is a good explanation: https://scied.ucar.edu/learning-zone/climate-change-impacts/water-cycle-climate-change

I am sorry to say, we are only at the beginning. One minor glimmer of hope is that the right governmental agencies are beginning to study geoengineering, which has the potential to have terrible unforeseen consequences, but which could also save us. Using atmospheric dust that shields us from incoming solar radiation, we can cool the planetary temperature. I didn't understand that it this dust/aerosols would be invisible to the human eye. Also, these aerosols would only be airborne for a matter of days. Here is NOAA (a trustworthy agency) from 2021

https://research.noaa.gov/article/ArtMID/587/ArticleID/2756/Simulated-geoengineering-evaluation-cooler-planet-but-with-side-effects

They have continued to study the topic so I hope they find a way to do it without negative side effects because I think we are going to need it soon.

Lauren, deetoo, Vesta and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freya)
Noble Member Registered

@raincloud Just read about Earth's upper atmosphere both dropping in temperature and shrinking (cold temperature's impact).  Will try to find the source (there are multiple references).

raincloud, Lauren and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bmaaack)
Trusted Member Participant

I’m very curious about EMF events.  Can we please look during future sessions into this? I see things coming up on social media where people say if one of these events happen and it is strong enough it is able to render your technology useless. So phones and computers become useless… is this something we can see actually happening on a wide scale?  Also if the water is rising so dramatically in the next few decades how will we manage all the oil leaking into the water from the lands that are covered? Oil tanks and cars and such will just become polluting junk further ruining the water quality no?

Lauren and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Wishing everyone currently experiencing the arctic freeze and other bad weather a peaceful and calm time.

May you be in a warm safe environment with good health and plenty of food.  May you have quiet time to reflect and go inward.  May you find joy and humor as you go about your days.

May your power stay on and water pipes stay intact. 

Lauren, Barbara, tybin and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

https://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/western-wa-town-cracks-australias-top-ten-hottest-temperatures/1805026

The 49.9°C recorded at Carnarvon Airport is:

•  
  • Hottest location in Australia today (Sunday 18th) and for this summer. 
  • 2nd hottest February temperature ever recorded in Australia. 
  • Tied 8th hottest temperature ever recorded in Australia (any month). 
  • Hottest day ever recorded at the town, with records dating back to 1883. 
  • The highest temperature recorded in the world so far in 2024. 

Not keen on these records

Regards to all

Matildagirl

Lovendures, Tara Prete, Freya and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

@matildagirl whoa, that's 122 degrees fahrenheit! (i had to look it up, many Americans like me don't know celsius)

Freya, Vesta, matildagirl and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

@unk-p Tis a might warm.

Lauren, Freya and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@higgimic1020gmail-com)
Eminent Member Contributor

removed link

The fish now in Florida keys are behaving bizarre. The comments show that this is common in aquariums of fish in rising heat and poison.  Look at this video. It is heart breaking. It is picking up in pace.  The entire keys and spreading. Definitely watch.   

Lauren, Maggieci and Freya reacted
ReplyQuote
(@higgimic1020gmail-com)

The link may not work. Look up marine life and fish in keys right now. Is really bad 

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@higgimic1020gmail-com)

Lauren, Maggieci and Freya reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: