Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Debates

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Winner of the debate- Kristen Welker, the moderator .  She was excellent.  The muted mics helped as well.

Best line post-debate so far- Daniel Dale, incredible CNN fact checker regarding fact checking the debate.  

"For a fact checker you're kinda sitting there with Biden,  occasionally you're like 'Oh that's wrong'.  With Trump your like that I Love Lucy episode in the chocolate factory, you know, you don't know which one to pick up because there's just so much. And so with this president we just see a constant barrage insistently of false or misleading stuff."  

November, Vesta, DolphinSpirit and 23 people reacted
(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered

Biden obviously won, but I think the late line from him about moving from oil did just give Texas to Trump. Trump, in all his stable genius, even picked up on that one and actually did a good job exploiting it. 

Vesta, DolphinSpirit, Tiger-n-Owl and 9 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@mas1581. You could be right about Texas, but regardless, Texas has been red my entire life, and while I feel in my gut it will be blue before the 2028 elections, Trump did himself no favors with the LatinX population last night and despite early voting, Florida may have settled blue.

Vesta, jsr78, Share and 13 people reacted
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

I saw a very interesting comment on Facebook, that reminded me of the vision here of Melania in funeral garb and a black veil. Someone pointed out the contrast between Jill Biden in floral looking like joy, and Melania in a black dress and mask looked like she was heading to a funeral. Though of you all ;)

Vesta, Share, November and 19 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@dannyboy

It wouldn't at all surprise me that Texas turns blue soon. Trump also didn't do himself any favors with any minorities last night. Biden directly calls him a racist and he responds to the Lincoln joke instead. Also, he was responding to "the talk" question and never touched the subject but took that exact moment to mention that he cannot see all of the audience because "its too dark." That pissed a lot of people off as well.

Vesta, jsr78, November and 9 people reacted
(@writerjenny)
Noble Member Registered

On my late father's birthday, I had a dream that night that it was Election Night. My dad was there. Biden won Texas and it was over for Trump. I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if Texas went blue after that dream.

Vesta, jsr78, Share and 9 people reacted
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

Came here to get my head on straight, texting with a friend caught up in Q about the Marxist democrats and evil Soros. Q has been the spiritual test of my life with friends and clients. She is primed to revolt depending on the results, so of course I had to speak to her about peaceful transfer of power and remind her of Gore. She moved here after that but still I did my best by explaining we will see his authoritarian ways depending on his reaction to loss.

I read today that several Cuban leaders from the Bay of Pigs are not backing Trump! Another good move for the Biden camp in Florida.

I too wondered about how they would clean up about oil in Texas etc, but maybe it made the most progressive trust him a bit more. All in all I think Biden did great and I can't wait for Jill to be first lady and Kamala to show up more of who she is. My heart goes out to Biden. I am not sure I would have had the patience to not commit violence that close to Trump. 

I also think my health will be better after he is gone. His rise to power has shown me with clarity, this democracy is all about people power and figuring out how a free society can handle weaponized disinformation. I keep thinking we were on the edge of worse darkness. Let's run through the tape.

jovesta, Tiger-n-Owl, Lauren and 13 people reacted
(@polarberry)

On electoral vote dot com, Texas is outlined in blue this morning, as is Iowa.

Watched the debate-Twitler was his usual lying, preening, arrogant self, nothing new. I think he was drugged out of his gourd.

Nov. 3rd can't get here soon enough.

Tiger-n-Owl, DolphinSpirit, Vesta and 9 people reacted
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

I read about the Texas remark. I thought Trump was pushing coal. The thing is, everyone knows people have been looking for alternative fuels. I don't know why anyone would be surprised.

Tiger-n-Owl, Vesta, lenor and 9 people reacted
(@lowtide)

@suspira44 We’ve been working ourselves away from fossil fuels and into green energy for the past 50 years. Slow, long slog. Not surprising to anyone!

TriciaCT, Tiger-n-Owl, DolphinSpirit and 11 people reacted
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @saibh

I saw a very interesting comment on Facebook, that reminded me of the vision here of Melania in funeral garb and a black veil. Someone pointed out the contrast between Jill Biden in floral looking like joy, and Melania in a black dress and mask looked like she was heading to a funeral. Though of you all ;)

She looks like a female version of the grim reaper.  

share the love and light 

TriciaCT, Tiger-n-Owl, DolphinSpirit and 7 people reacted
(@lowtide)

Did you see the clip on Twitter after the debate they left the stage holding hands and she jerked her hand away from Trump’s and he swatted her on her back? No love lost between those two.

TriciaCT, lenor, Tiger-n-Owl and 11 people reacted
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

@lowtide

She can’t dump him fast enough. And neither can I.

TriciaCT, Tiger-n-Owl, lowtide and 3 people reacted
(@luminous)

I stayed up and watched this in the UK - I think it was 2-3am. 

Hopefully my feeling and intuition is correct, but I really feel Biden genuinely wants to be a firm but fair President. I could really sense that this man could see so much needed to be done to make things right and better. He might not be perfect, but I feel he genuinely cares a lot more about the more important things than Trump does. That and having an excellent team, especially a vp like Kamala, really helps.

Trump on the other hand, looked like a petulant child who couldn't wait for his turn or cope with the truth bombs that Biden was laying out one after another.

The biggest give away was at the end when Biden walked over to the host and Trump stood by looking defeated, angry, and jealous. The way he exited with Melania was further proof of that - he was raging and wanted to get off stage.

Trump has deep rooted issues. I think and could be wrong, that this stems from his childhood and his relationship with his father. Maybe his father didn't show him enough love and support, so Trump is always over compensating and trying to prove something...? It is like a irrational emotional insecurity that he has never dealt with and this is shown through his behaviour. Either way, daddy issues or not, he is unfit to be President, and his treatment of women is a disgrace.

Ms. C., Vesta, Share and 7 people reacted
Page 6 / 6
Share: