Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Debates

(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

Biden's website SOLD OUT of "Truth over Flies" Fly swatters already! ? 

HOWEVER if you want one they are on ebay!

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, November and 21 people reacted
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

After watching both debates I couldn't be happier. Both Biden and Senator Harris did what they had to do. Memorable moments aside ("You sir, are no Jack Kennedy." etc.) most debates are about impressions and contrasts. Biden was the adult in the room to Trump's drunk in a bar. Senator Harris was (unfortunately it still matters today - I'm not saying this is right by any means) a "non threatening competent woman" to Pence's robot with a broken record who could only repeat himself until I wanted to scream, "enough already".

I don't see any more debates. The president seems to be becoming more unhinged by the day anyway.

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, Unk p and 15 people reacted
(@melmystery)
Noble Member Registered

I was watching my local news last night and they mentioned that the Orange One is making tonight's town halls a ratings war.

Most of you probably already know that Biden scheduled a town hall tonight (Thursday, October 15) at 8pm Eastern time on ABC and the Orange Menace was quick to set up a competing town hall at the same time on NBC.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all tune in to Biden's town hall and encourage all our friends and family to do so to generate better ratings for Biden.  If the Orange One was beaten in the ratings (something he considers himself good at generating) then perhaps it will demoralize him to the point (along with everything else going against him) where he's finally convinced to drop out of the race. Even if he doesn't drop out from this, he'd still have to contend with being a "loser" in tonight's ratings.

Jeanne Mayell, Vesta, Share and 9 people reacted
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

trump most likely won in the rating since he was on three stations; NBC, MSNBC, and CNBC.

(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@elaineg

They are saying early ratings have Biden winning. I can’t wait to hear about rating numbers. He is so childish

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3678355001

Also, TikTok users watched Biden town hall on multiple devices to thwart T ratings. ?? He is definitely going to take TikTok now

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/tiktok-biden-town-hall-trump-ratings-1539775%3famp=1

lenor, Jeanne Mayell, kksali and 7 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@jessi1978 @elaineg

Yes, CNN is reporting Biden won and that includes the 3 stations Trump was carried on compared to the one ABC station.  

The Trump town hall averaged 10.6 million viewers on the NBC broadcast network. On MSNBC, Trump reached 1.74 million viewers, and on CNBC, about 671,000 viewers. So Trump's gross audience across the three channels was 13 million, about one million fewer than Biden's audience on ABC alone.

ABC staffers were surprised.

Gotta love the til tok crowd. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/media/town-hall-ratings-biden-trump/index.html

lenor, Jeanne Mayell, Vesta and 9 people reacted
(@triciact)

I just watched a CNN video summary of Savannah Guthrie "slaying" Trump at his "town hall". I didn't watch the one on TV but the clips of her grilling him were actually satisfying! I wonder if this actually hurt T more than helped him and if he will do another one. 

(and listen to when T says "that was a WeeTweet" (elmer Fudd moment lol) ? 

Guthrie to Trump: You're the President, you're not some crazy uncle!

Savannah Guthrie used her skills as a former litigator to interrogate President Trump during NBC's town hall.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2020/10/16/trump-town-hall-nbc-guthrie-coronavirus-qanon-masks-orig.cnn-business/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

lenor, Jeanne Mayell, Vesta and 5 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

TriciaCT, Share, Vesta and 5 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@elaineg. Trump did not win the ratings.   More people watched Biden. 

https://tvline.com/2020/10/16/tv-ratings-biden-trump-competing-town-halls/#!

Biden 13.9 viewers with a 3.0 rating

Trump 13.1 viewers with a 2.1 rating

Ratings are indisputable and carefully calculated.

lenor, TriciaCT, Share and 7 people reacted
(@debbie-m)
Noble Member Registered

@jessi 1978 I totally agree with you. They were already looking for a reason to opt out when the campaign sent a letter protesting the false claim that the topic of this debate was supposed to be only about foreign policy which would of course lead T to bring up Hunter. They really didn't want  his ratings to drop like after the first debate. Only 2 more weeks gang!!!

lenor, Vesta, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
(@kateinpdx)
Noble Member Registered

Oh yeah, the superspreader in chief relies on his ability to entertain and shock, and a cut mic won't allow him to do that at all without his usual bloviating. 

Not to mention he's an idiot if he wants to go against Biden on foreign policy. Yeah, he might get his jabs in, but Biden will wipe the floor with him otherwise. 

lenor, Vesta, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I can't imagine Trump being muted ever. In the last "debate" Town Hall format, he talked over the NBC correspondent Samantha Guthrie every time she made a challenging remark. He cannot tolerate any negative feedback.  

He detects criticism instantly before the person is even halfway through what they have to say and he starts barreling over them.   If he truly is muted, then he'll use exaggerated facial expressions and body language to convey his message.  

The Right Wing press is already filling the Internet with accusations about the moderator of the next debate. They are preparing their public to ignore the incisive questions that will come at him. 

There is no way I will watch this debate, mute button or not. I am promising myself not  to read any more about Donald Trump until he is gone. 

2ndfdl, earthangel, polarberry and 27 people reacted
(@yofisofi)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

@elaineg. Trump did not win the ratings.   More people watched Biden. 

https://tvline.com/2020/10/16/tv-ratings-biden-trump-competing-town-halls/#!

Biden 13.9 viewers with a 3.0 rating

Trump 13.1 viewers with a 2.1 rating

Ratings are indisputable and carefully calculated.

I use online streaming (att.tv) to watch television channels. I wonder if that is included in the ratings?

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
(@stargazer)

@jeanne-mayell

?T-rumpus mute mute mute ...let's hope the mute button gets the fast trigger finger and his obnoxious rants will only be ' audible ' to lip-readers....

lenor, TriciaCT, polarberry and 9 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I use online streaming (att.tv) to watch television channels. I wonder if that is included in the ratings?--@yofisofi

Neilsen does rate streaming shows but according to this article, they have to be streaming on a television screen. https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2020-09-03/nielsen-launches-weekly-top-10-list-of-most-popular-shows-on-streaming-platforms

lenor, TriciaCT, Vesta and 3 people reacted
(@lowtide)

I’m not watching the debate, either. I don’t want to aggravate the PTSD caused by the past four years. I already know it’s going to be awful.

2ndfdl, lenor, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
(@polarberry)

@jeanne-mayell

"I can't imagine Trump being muted ever." ? 

I can!

There's a hilarious line from Planes, Trains and Automobiles, where Martin tells Candy, "It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back! Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back, you would! Agh, agh, agh!!"

That's Twitler.

FEBbby23, lenor, Vesta and 5 people reacted
(@blackandwhite)
Noble Member Registered

Man I'm looking at this debate... And I can't help but feel sorry for joe biden for having to be up there with the ruler of lies. 

Vesta, lenor, Vesta and 1 people reacted
(@blackandwhite)
Noble Member Registered

Man I'm looking at this debate... And I can't help but feel sorry for joe biden for having to be up there with the ruler of lies. 

Vesta, FEBbby23, earthangel and 7 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

I’m actually glad I watched this one — I had sworn off the rest of them.  There wasn’t the crazy arguing over each other this time around.

Observations:

This was a battle of sound policies (Biden) vs talking points (Trump). When asked to elaborate on anything, Biden had an answer.  Trump defaulted to bringing up Hunter Biden.

Best moderator of the bunch, though the bar was set so unbelievably low I would have been happy to see a rubber band in the seat.

Trump compared himself to Abraham Lincoln and then took immediate offense with Joe’s best line of the night “Listen folks, Abraham Lincoln over here is the most racist president in American History” I nearly spit out my drink laughing.

And the 12 year old boy inside me is still giggling at the not once, not twice, but almost three times Trump started and stopped (just in time) saying “Statesticals” instead of Statistics.

Honestly, anyone who says Trump won this one is only referring to the fact that he wasn’t able to do his normal tricks and therefore looked semi-human.  He had nothing else going for him.

Vesta, FEBbby23, 2ndfdl and 15 people reacted
Page 5 / 6
Share: