"Trump is an Idiot"

Notifications
Clear all

"Trump is an Idiot"

(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant
Topic starter  

I have been watching the YouTube channel The Ring of Fire since last year. Recently, whenever the host Farron Cousins makes a video about Trump, he will always call him stupid, knowing that the deplorable things he wants to do will backfire. I think that Trump is incompetent. I was wondering who here sees the same things?

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I don't watch the Ring of Fire.  But if you are asking if anyone reading this thinks Trump is an idiot?  I think most of the people who post on this website agree he is an incompetent,  ignorant (as in does not read or know things beyond a shallow level), pompous, dangerous, fool who is just stupid enough to think he knows what he is doing.  And pompous and psychopathic enough, not to care about the billions of people whose lives he jeopardizes every day that he is in office.   It is amazing how one person can cause so much chaos in the whole world.  Add to him a handful, a mere handful, of psychopathic oligarchs -- Putin, his oligarch cronies, Charles Koch and his puppets, and Robert Mercer, and a few others and they can literally destroy the world. When the day comes that I pass over to the other side, I know I will never see these souls again.  They will fall to the bottom of the deep sea of this universe, where they will scuttle along the cold dark floor.  It won't be a punishment. It is simply the level of their consciousness.  

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

This is a serious post. I have been fairly silent for a few days, struggling with the horrible events, that are happening in the middle east. also those that are probably about to happen. I have not felt like this since the American Election. A sort of numbing fear. I have hesitated, repeatedly, in even posting about it. 

But today is the key day, of these events. Trump will decide, today, and announce, what he will do, about Iran. (Its like listening to Hitler's broadcasts, in the thirties). A brooding sense of fear.

Having said that, I should say that he has not yet decided, it is still literally in the balance, but we will know by Midnight USA East Coast time. Probably earlier. 

He is wavering, even now, between two choices: First is to denounce the Treaty, and to move, relentlessly, towards preparing for a military attack on Iran, this year, with Saudi, and Isreal. If that happens, it will be another "Gulf of Tonkin"  incident. A Reichstag Fire.

But there is a still an alternative. part of Trump is a vain cleverness. He is still pondering what he will call a "Masterstroke".  This would be a total surprise, where he publicly offers a version of the deal he is going to offer to Korea, and probably he will reinforce it by refusing to renew the treaty waivers he has to sign by Saturday. He is doing it today, in order to give Iran a last-minute chance,  to comply, and for propaganda effect. Bolton is a maniac. he is for war and massive strikes. The Junta of generals in the Whitehouse, who do all the heavy lifting, will probably walk if that happens. 

If he opts for sanctions, plus a deal, the Iranians will reject it, as they have signed the treaty, and Trumps demands are a whole new separate treaty. Iranian pride will prevent them from accepting. So the scene is then set for a confrontation later this Summer. 

OK, this is important but Putin is planning a masterstroke. He will offer Iran security guarantees against American attack if he sees this unfolding. He is also brooding about doing a BRIX block defense and security treaty. This would drag the Chinese in. Putin also sees a way to separate Iran from the West, totally, by offering members of the BRIX financial banking system. This would totally neutralise the American Blockade. Normally, this would be good Geo-politics, but with a Hitler like Trump, it would lead to a very large war. in such a war, Israel would actually lose, suffer massive losses, and end up cornered, isolated, and rejected by most Western Countries. The Saudi state would implode, and collapse, and split into segments. The Iraqi, Syrian, and Iranian states would form a military block. It would massively outnumber the israeli's, and would defeat the Saudi state, which would collapse. Turkey, in some way I do not understand, would be drawn in. All this would take some months. But unless Trump makes a real, genuine offer to Iran, and does not impose sanctions, then all of this, in some form or other, will happen. This is Munich, 1938, but now operating in the Middle East. This is only an outline. But my gut feeling is that it has come down to this. 

BlueBelle, Lola, Paul W and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminata)
Noble Member Registered

Jeanne, you described my feelings about Trump perfectly!  

Zoron, ugh.  I see Trump leaving the treaty today as well, but did not see his New Treaty - which makes perfect sense and feels right on the money to me.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear him call it "the NEW DEAL" aware on a very small level that it echoes FDR's phrase and has a historical resonance.  He won't know the resonance is irrelevant to our current situation.  

I share your sense of numbing fear- I dare say many of us do.  If we shake this fear off and take action against this darkness, will we change the outcome?  I'd say yes, we can.  

I see Israel as a wild card in this deck as a compliment to Trump's impulsive, wild card behavior.  They have some tricks up their sleeves and will use them when they see fit.

We the people are another unexpected element in the mix.  And we don't include ourselves in the picture.  I think we need to start seeing ourselves in this situation and deciding how we are meant to act in it.

Much Love to all!

RosieHeart, Grace, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

Zoron, you are such a Pollyanna! (NOT) Although I don't claim any special gifts, I totally agree with your assessment. I can only think that the US will have to be humbled on the international stage in some huge way that even Trump supporters will understand before the average American stops thinking that we get to run the world. So much death, destruction, and misery to no good end. It makes me ill.

RosieHeart, Laynara, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

I have been watching events unfold much like Zoron has lately with a growing sense of dread. My mind partially shuts down at the thought of war with Iran and I scream and cry in my dreams hoping it won't happen. Luminata is right in saying that we need to take to the streets to try to prevent this, even that however may not be enough. Last year I had a series of visions that did not come true (I'm not actually a psychic, just dipping my toe in) that predicted war with Iran. At the time I couldn't imagine any scenario in which that could happen, it was crazy to me, completely insane and I didn't believe it. But then I studied a little history, I looked into American Iranian relations since the 1979 revolution and dug a little into the politics behind the scenes and then it began to make more sense. The neocons of the world (mostly America and Israel) want war with Iran, partially because Iran is allied with Russia, while Saudi Arabia is allied to the United States. This all plays into geopolitical alliances, essentially the cold war again. Except that the cold war was never really that cold, and this is not either. What's going on with Syria and other conflicts in the middle east is a long scale proxy war between the United States and Russia, this is a game they have played over and over again over the span of many decades. They ally and arm different sides of global regional conflicts and those sides fight it out on the behalf of the super powers. It's obviously way more complicated than this, and different motivations also exist (resource extraction etc...) but generally this is the gist. After the fall of the Soviet Union (which was viewed as a catastrophe by the Russian populace) things slowed down a little bit. But Russians have not learned their lesson, they still believe in global hegemony and are not going to stop believing in it any time soon. The same goes for the Americans, yes the American system may collapse (it probably will) but there will always be those nut jobs who believe that their country is special and believe that it should rule the world. How many people who voted for Bush and supported the Iraq war later admitted that they wrong? The same will happen with Trump, these people do not have the moral courage to honestly examine their choices, it's too scary for them and their egos to go anywhere near there. And on a sadder note, how many people protested against the Iraq war - those protests were huge and yet the war still happened. I don't know if we can prevent this one from happening, but we should definitely still try. 

As to trump being an idiot - my own view is that the man is insane, lacks any conscience whatsoever and yes is an idiot. I wonder what Jeanne means when she says that their consciousness will no longer exist after death - can you elaborate  on what happens to people like this? And also Jeanne do not depart any time soon, we all love you and want you around.  

RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell, Lola and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

All over the news it says Trump has announced he is withdrawing from the deal with Iran

ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

Yeah I saw it, it's my birthday and I'm hyperventilating at work imagining the damage this idiot is causing. I can't stomach this, how can we let decisions be made by people who deliberately hurt us. This is insane - where's the vodka. 

BlueBelle, Laynara, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

I know it's a sad and disappointing day, but I still want to send you love and light on your birthday, Natalie! You are beautiful, and the light within you shines bright. Continue to be a beacon in this world!

With regards to what Jeanne so eloquently put, I believe she's indicating that in the afterlife, there are levels or "spaces," for lack of a better word, built upon love and consciousness. Those with big hearts, love for all, deep inner wisdom, and great peace, compassion, and caring in their souls will end up in a "space" or "level" that reflects the beauty within them. Meanwhile, those who are constantly out to grab as much as they can for themselves while hurting hundreds, thousands, and millions in the process, those shallow, cruel individuals whose hearts are empty and who are incapable of giving or receiving love, will end up in a level that reflects the ugliness of their souls. Nothing will keep them there other than the darkness of their own thinking. As soon as they gain even a glimmer of empathy for others, their spirits will enter a slightly better level of consciousness, but for some, this could take eternities. That's my interpretation.

BlueBelle, Paul W, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

I listened to NPR on the way home and didn't want anymore news; just wanted to see what Zoron had to say about it.  I have been wondering about the Chinese since Zoron's earlier post on this mess.  There are a bunch of hotheads in the driver's seat right now, but I think my brother-in-law's right; the Chinese are going to play the long game.  BTW, I thought Jared was supposed to handle peace in the Middle East!

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thank you Natalie and all of you. This news is overwhelming and Unfortunately it fits earlier predictions of darker times coming. Natalie thank you for such an informative post. We all need to stay even keel now. 

Laynara, Lola, Laynara and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: