Notifications
Clear all

The Covid-19 Pandemic (When posting new information, please cite sources)

(@polarberry)
Illustrious Member Registered

In fairness to Lindell, though, God did infiltrate his dreams through his Magical Pillow and told him oleander pills were ok.

I actually bought a couple of pillows that were on the clearance rack a couple years ago, before I knew what a Twitler butt-kisser he is. My husband doesn't like them, and I am definitely getting rid of them now. Ugh. NOT my pillow!

lenor, DolphinSpirit, Jeanne Mayell and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lovendures

Thank you, Anderson Cooper, for taking on the pillow guy in his claim that oleander cures covid. No peer reviewed studies, no science, just a claim of a thousand people taking it but couldn't point to that study or any of the thousand people, and could only say that God told him.  He's on the board of the biotech company that is peddling the drug, and making claims that the FDA is approving it even though it has not been through clinical trials.  Anderson Cooper does not let people off the hook.  Checking to make sure I don't own any of his pillows. 

BlueBelle, numerologist, Baba and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

Asking for prayers for Georgians " https://www.ajc.com/news/white-house-says-georgia-now-leads-nation-in-rate-of-new-virus-cases/GXLTMDVSWJGO3EVVFAR7EJT7CA/ "

Too many here are willing to die on Kool-aid here... don't wear masks, call themselves good Christians and business as usual.... sending children to school and going out like nothing is wrong.

Too many still think its a hoax and not any worse than the flu. Too many SMH  too many. I live in one of the top 10 infected counties...and.. you would not believe how bad it is. How those who ARE concerned and trying to do what is best are vilified. Sadly too many innocents are paying the price for the politics. My heart and soul feel so very very sad. :-(

Baba, lenor, deetoo and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Costa Rica Readies Horse Antibodies for Trials as an Inexpensive COVID-19 Therapy - Scientific American

Due to the high costs of many of the potential COVID-19  drug trials we are more familiar with, many poor countries without the financial resources to even afford  any of those much less their scientists to afford to research many possibilities.  Instead their focus is on their own previously researched drugs that have shown multiple uses  with hopes of finding affordable drugs for their population.

"Currently, the Butantan Institute is preparing horses to be immunized with portions of inactivated SARS-COV-2 virus, which were isolated, cultured and purified, using its expertise in the production of influenza virus vaccines.

Even though the development protocols differ at the Brazilian and Costa Rican institutes, Fan predicts their antibodies “will have equivalent efficiency and safety in the treatment of COVID-19 patients.”

Even farther south in South America, scientists in Argentina are also developing a potential therapy for COVID-19 patients is hope is that equine antibodies will prove to be “a very valuable tool in keeping our health care system from collapsing at the ICU level and, obviously, preventing deaths. That’s the ultimate goal.”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/costa-rica-readies-horse-antibodies-for-trials-as-an-inexpensive-covid-19-therapy/

lenor, DolphinSpirit, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

I tend to think they are only half serious about this, make some money, grift fans. It’s also likely they are doing it to get us to dilute the horrible senate report and post office news. So fitting he promotes poison.

lenor, deetoo, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@journeywithme2 sending healing thoughts to Georgians.  It boggles the mind that the governor still doesn’t take the Full actions needed to curb the epidemic when his state has the highest rate of spread in the country and twice the national average. Talk about failure in governance.  If the US has 15 times the global per capita Covid rate, then does GA have 30 times the global rate? 

Baba, lenor, deetoo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@jeanne-mayell  I am not sure of the percentages... but... its up there...and.. I do not trust the numbers anyway. I know too many that have been sick and have not been tested. Getting tested is still NOT easily available.  https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

Baba, LalaBella, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@journeywithme2

This makes me so sad to read about the virus raging through Georgia.  Having lived in an Atlanta suburb for ten years, I know the far right Evangelical mindset there and imagine these people are T and Fox News devotees.  During our time there, we were ostracized for being against the Iraq War.  We were told that we weren't patriots.  It's the same mindset today because these folks are programmed by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, et. al.    You just have to try to maintain an attitude of loving kindness in the midst of your frustration.  They know not what they do.   

May you be safe and well during this Covid storm.

lenor, lowtide, deetoo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@journeywithme2

I am sorry. I do understand what it is like to be in a state exploding with the virus.  It is not easy either to be living in a community with different values and not believing science.  May you stay safe and protected.

Georgia is the number 3 filming industry state in the country behind CA and NY.  There are so many shows which have not been able to film in Georgia since they were shut down in March including The Walking Dead.  Most of them would have been filming for over a month already for the fall season.  The film industry is a huge economic industry.  You would think the Governor would want to be able to get this industry  moving again.  The longer it stays in our minds as a hot spot, the longer it will take people to think of traveling there even when things open back up.  Georgia= Governor who doesn't care about the people of the state.  I would spend my travel dollars elsewhere.  

lenor, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@bluebelle

@bluebelle  Thank you ..tonight's news reports * For every 100,000  Georgia residents 216 tested positive LAST WEEK * 2x the national average of 112  * Highest rate in the U.S.

GEMA stats from 1 hours ago.. Georgia 243,982 confirmed cases 4,849 Fatalities

This does not reflect the cases being reported and rising now that schools have started back up almost every where in the state now. My county? Went back the 5th and there have been reports daily of positive cases and schools closing back up for a few days then reopening... yeah.. its just not working!!!

I am still under shelter in place orders and am compliant. I just feel for so many friends and their families dealing with all of this knowing it didn't have to be this way. I have had friends and family sick and I have had friends die. I do my best because I know... this too shall pass.. but.. it breaks my heart and I feel a great sadness even as I know it has to be this way.

ghandigirl, BlueBelle, Baba and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@lovendures

It feels like all the adults have left the building and the two year olds are running amuck - it's very hard to hear and see how hateful people can be to each other - to hear people fall for the lies of Trump and believe its a hoax and all of these conspiracy theories. Save the Children...Ton Hanks and Wayfair are pedophiles and sex traffickers SMH... where are they when children are thrown in cages and assaulted and left to die? where are they when red neck abusive cops harass and kill brown skinned peoples? Where are they when the working poor are being thrown in the street - no rent money, no food money, no healthcare??? Yet they are in the churches every time the doors open praising Jesus and thinking they act as Jesus would. Decrying Kamala Harris saying she voted for a bill that would kill babies born alive during abortion screaming....invite them to read ..actually read S.311-116th Congress..and you hear then? crickets.. they are not interested in the Truth.. only in what supports their agenda.. of white supremacy and fear. It makes me unutterably sad. Masks politicized and not enough PPE and opening up too soon... and we haven't even gotten to the Fall wave that is coming. *sob* I am taking as much of a hiatus away from news and social media as I can. I have to...for my sanity's sake.

ghandigirl, Share, BlueBelle and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@journeywithme2

What you're feeling is grief.  There is this tremendous disconnect right now as the pandemic sweeps our country.  Our president plays golf and says, "it is what it is," and a certain percent (say 40%) of the population thinks the pandemic is not a big deal.  Crazy, right?  Meanwhile, 170,000+ have died.  What's the latest calculation?  Every minute a person dies of Covid in this country and we are not a country in mourning.  It's irrational and there's a reckoning coming.  We all know it, feel it, can even see it on the horizon heading straight this way.  

What you are feeling is the rational response.  You're grieving for your community and what lies ahead.  You're grieving for the souls who have already died and for those who will be lost because of this mass epidemic of contrary thinking, this delusional denial.  Maybe because you recognize this pandemic for the life changing experience it is and are experiencing grief now, you will be able to help others along the way.  Even if you are quarantined and taking precautions, you still communicate and you can help others find their way.  This isn't going to last forever and you're a lightworker, a heart warrior.  You have a role to play as we go forward.  

Sending you much love and protection.

Baba, Lovendures, LalaBella and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@bluebelle  YES!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you ! I was feeling guilty for being safe while others have to get out and be in harms way and die... even as I grieve the lack of caring and leadership from our government..as well as the citizenry.

BlueBelle, Baba, Lovendures and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Posted by: @bluebelle

@journeywithme2

This makes me so sad to read about the virus raging through Georgia.  Having lived in an Atlanta suburb for ten years, I know the far right Evangelical mindset there and imagine these people are T and Fox News devotees.  During our time there, we were ostracized for being against the Iraq War.  We were told that we weren't patriots.  It's the same mindset today because these folks are programmed by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, et. al.    You just have to try to maintain an attitude of loving kindness in the midst of your frustration.  They know not what they do.   

May you be safe and well during this Covid storm.

Similar issues living in Northern VA for 10 years, although slightly less severe. It was a sort of prequel to the societal exhaustion I am suffering with now.

deetoo, BlueBelle, lenor and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@bluebelle

SO beautifully written! Thank you !

@journeywithme2

So much love being sent to you.  No guilt.  You are doing what you can.  Someone will be inspired as you lead by example.  

deetoo, BlueBelle, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@charmandernat)
Reputable Member Registered

I wonder what is going to happen in the fall. I am in college online this year because of COVID-19. Most of the classes at my college are online.

For K-12 students, many parents want the kids back in school because they cannot do the online coursework for them. 

deetoo, lenor, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

@journeywithme2 I feel your pain. I have close family members in Atlanta and they describe exactly what you are telling us. Although they are mixed politically, they have understood that they are at grave risk under the current circumstances. They decry the lack of leadership by the governor and the politicization of mask wearing and are fearful for their survival under current circumstances. I really feel like the governor and his cronies have knowingly broken their oaths as leaders to protect their people - all in the name of pleasing someone who cares nothing for the well-being of people he is supposed to be serving. I can only pray that the people will remember this at the ballot box and that those in power are sent a clear message that this is not the right way to treat the people you were elected to serve.

Please know that I am sending you light and comfort. I am thinking of all of you daily. 

deetoo, Share, BlueBelle and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

I did this crazy thing.  While out running errands, i stopped and picked up a hitchhiker.  That wasn't the crazy part.  The crazy was that i totally forgot about Covid-45.  We weren't wearing masks (i wasn't planning on seeing anyone , or going inside any buildings- but there was one in the car).  We were just laughing and joking, and rocking out to the radio.  It felt really good.  When she got to the door of the homeless shelter where she was going, she turned around to wave goodbye.  And then she put on her mask.  Oh, snap! Masks!

For a few minutes, i had slipped back into my old life, the one where i was free to meet new people, to hug strangers.  And even though those behaviors may have held some risks, they didn't generally include the possibility of dying just because someone breathed near me.  Fortunately, the car AC had broken down the day before, so i did have all the windows rolled down.

But it pisses me off, to have to think that way.  I was already resentful of American culture being so frigid, and stingy with its affections . And that was *before* Covid-45 hit.  In fact, i had been doing this practice, for years, where i would try to meet at least one new person every single day.  At first, it was very difficult to not be shy and awkward, but eventually it became easy, the best part of my day.  I don't know how many people i have met that way, but some are still friends, years later.  There were only a few i wish i hadn't met.

I am that weird human who likes shaking hands, giving hugs, and standing too close.  It sucks that those kinds of things are crazier than hitchhiking, now.

deetoo, ghandigirl, LalaBella and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

Thank you all... for the support and understanding....to have it is priceless in this sea of QAnon, nobody makes me wear a mask,he's taking down the sex traffickers, he's fighting for us good ole boy mentality.

Baba I agree they have. The actual temerity of Kemp to take Bottoms to court was entirely because she told Trump to wear a mask (Oh the nerve of that woman and a black one at that they gasped) when he came to see Hapeville while people STILL aren't able to get tested and NOT enough PPE's and reopening too soon was beyond insanity. We see where it got us today...number one in the US with new infections!!! GRRRRRR. There are many of us who do see it? But there are more of those that refuse to see it. At this point my only interaction other than Face time with family and texting family.. is with social media. When I see friends and family spreading misinformation... I quietly and calmly refute it with numerous reliable documents and reports. I share Heather Cox Richardson's missives as well as the Lincoln Projects ads. It's better than sitting here alone in silence and saying nothing tho I do have to take breaks away the ignorance and hatred is so overwhelming sometimes. How people tolerate and applaud that loathsome creature as he spouts how God has chosen him and is testing him (huge eye roll) and that Q Anon likes him and more... I weep with laughter and pain at the absurdity of it. So I am very grateful to be able to talk about my feelings and thoughts here with "my community"

and Unk p ?  I understand that longing... I have always been a hugger too... my poor cats and dogs are the recipients of more than their fair share these days!!!! To have to stand and "air hug" is a hard thing to do. When my son and partner stop by... and we  are masked and more than six feet apart..OUTSIDE ...and he and she both work still.....its difficult to not give them big hugs. I think the hardest thing Covdi-19 has taken from us is our ability to spread love,comfort,support and more from our hugs and the loss of touching - which is vital to human health .  https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323143#Why-touch-is-so-important

So from one hugger to another Unk P  I am sending you a big one!!

ghandigirl, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@journeywithme2 I agree with you and UnkP.  Not being able to hug my grandchildren and bury my face in their hair is the most heartbreaking feeling.  Especially because the little ones reach out their arms and we can’t hug them back.   They don’t understand.   I know that so many others are suffering heartbreak greater than mine, and I pray for everyone’s safety and struggle.    I have to believe that we will overcome and get through this.  My prayer is that we come out kinder, gentler and more appreciative of our gifts and blessings.  

ghandigirl, Unk p, lenor and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 112 / 173
Share: