Notifications
Clear all

The Covid-19 Pandemic (When posting new information, please cite sources)

(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@moonbeam

Replying to you on a more appropriate thread.

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

A lot of see-sawing on this but here's the most recent:

Scientists See Signs of Lasting Immunity to Covid-19, Even After Mild Infections - The New York Times

"Scientists who have been monitoring immune responses to the virus are now starting to see encouraging signs of strong, lasting immunity, even in people who developed only mild symptoms of Covid-19, a flurry of new studies suggests. Disease-fighting antibodies, as well as immune cells called B cells and T cells that are capable of recognizing the virus, appear to persist months after infections have resolved — an encouraging echo of the body’s enduring response to other viruses."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/16/health/coronavirus-immunity-antibodies.html

Jeanne Mayell, Grace, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

T is now pushing for an botanical extract called oleandrin. The best part he got this idea from Ben Carlson and The pillow top guy. I guess he is no longer going with the Demons seed Dr.  It gets even better the Pillow.com guy recently has taken a financial stake in the company. Per the CEO this can cure you of Covid in 2 days. I like how the article states that T is predisposed to magical thinking ? 

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/coronavirus-trump-reportedly-has-new-cure-mind-n1236942?cid=sm_fb_maddow

Enkasongwriter, deetoo, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)

@jessi19

Oleander is poisonous. 

4 facts about oleandrin, an unproven coronavirus treatment reportedly pitched to Trump - MarketWatch

www.marketwatch.com/story/4-facts-about-oleandrin-an-unproven-coronavirus-treatment-reportedly-pitched-to-trump-2020-08-17

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @lenor

@jessi19

Oleander is poisonous. 

4 facts about oleandrin, an unproven coronavirus treatment reportedly pitched to Trump - MarketWatch

www.marketwatch.com/story/4-facts-about-oleandrin-an-unproven-coronavirus-treatment-reportedly-pitched-to-trump-2020-08-17

I have read multiple murder mysteries where oleander is the murder weapon.

polarberry, JourneyWithMe2, LalaBella and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lenor Thanks for posting. The article says oleandrin was pitched to the president by Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell  who is a Trump supporter (which usually means a Trump donor), owns a financial stake in Phoenix Biotechnology, which is developing the experimental oleandrin product. And Carson, a member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, is a personal friend of his. The Swamp  continues.  

polarberry, lenor, Enkasongwriter and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@dolphinspirit

I know. That is the worst part of it all. This was the comments on the story. I hope no one takes him seriously. I mean his supporters will. This is worse the malaria drug he peddled.

DolphinSpirit, polarberry, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@lenor i grew up on an island that bills itself as "The Oleander Capital of the World". It is a beautiful plant, with flowers that smell like marshmellows- but the leaves and stems are full of poisonous sap.  Just one drop on a hand that touches a mouth can make a person horribly sick.  This idea even is more dangerous than the light bulb suppository idea.

polarberry, lenor, 2ndfdl and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@unk-p

In California the colorful (and deadly) Oleanders have long been planted in the center of freeways because of their tolerance to smog & drought.... they grow fast and thick with abundant clusters of blossoms.

Does anyone know the origin, or any historical medicinal use of this extremely toxic plant? I'm guessing that it's not native to North America ... ?

deetoo, polarberry, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@stargazer

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-789/oleander

N.B. No antiviral or antimicrobial actions are mentioned, seems the 2 primary uses are to slow heart rate and induce abortion.

ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@stargazer Oleander is a member of the Dogbane family, which also includes periwinkles, jasmine, frangipani, milkweed, and the plant that the African psychedelic Ibogaine is derived from.  Lots of interesting plants in that family.

ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@unk-p

Yes, alot of Laurels fall into this ' family ' as well ... though concerning the Oleanders... I've seen horses die from consuming it. 

Still a dangerous landscaping plant and used too frequently along fences in California and some of the Southern states ☠️

LalaBella, deetoo, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Oleander was all over where I grew up, and from the time we were little, Mom was always reminding us to now touch it or play with it.

I recently learned that mustard weed is highly toxic to horses as well.

lenor, deetoo, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

"light bulb suppository idea?" ? ? 

OK, well, we'll just file that one under things Edison probably didn't try.

lenor, 2ndfdl, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I watched the entire  interview Anderson Cooper had live as it occurred with the my pillow guy on  the Oleander topic. 

OMG! 

Here is a link which will give you a bit of idea of how it went.  It was a LONG interview. This is a much shorter part but still 5 minutes long.

It is so worth your time to watch it.  

Anderson reminds me of a prosecutor in the interview. Anderson repeatedly said pillow dude was  a "snake oil salesman". I think it was only mentioned once in this clip however.   The pillow dude said he read the 1,000 person study, but couldn't articulate anything about the study.  He is on the board of the company selling the product.  He also repeated held up his Christianity as a reason for being trustworthy. There is a lot more in the interview which is just so weird .

If this is what Trump supporters listen to all the time, no wonder they drink cleaning products.  There will be oleander deaths now.  Heck, there are lots of oleander bushes in the yards of Arizonians.  In fact we chose to buck the trend 23 years  and NOT put any into our yard when our home was built because we knew it was toxic and didn't want to accidentally our children.

Someone is going to start eating oleander from their own plants with tragic results.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2020/08/18/mike-lindell-anderson-cooper-coronavirus-therapeutic-mypillow-sot-vpx.cnn

lenor, Jeanne Mayell, Lawrence and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Dude's creepy. And his pillows suck.

DolphinSpirit, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@polarberry this made me laugh so loud - and I'm at work.  Not funny that people will be sick but the pillows suck comment.  Thanks!  I needed that. :)

lenor, Lawrence, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

The cost of hubris.  The parents at an elite Georgia prep school must have thought that science and Mother Nature didn't apply to them. Their private graduation parties may have become a super spreader event.  They also refused to cooperate with contact tracers trying to stop the spread. Okay, I can understand their fear of cooperating, but this is a public health emergency and they caused the outbreak which in turns kills people. Georgia now has 240,000 cases. The governor is also to blame.  And of course the president.   https://www.newyorker.com/news/us-journal/the-race-to-investigate-a-coronavirus-outbreak-at-a-georgia-prep-school

Michele, lenor, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

FEBbby, I'm glad. ? 

Lovendures, I just watched the interview. How the h*ll Cooper kept his cool, wow. He is a true professional.

What an asshole. This isn't a political or money thing for him. Yeah, right. And yet he managed to remind us all that Twitler is the greatest president in the history of the country.

lenor, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@polarberry

I know! Anderson was amazing.  He would not give him a break.  And the link has only a part of the interview.  It was crazy! Pillow Dude is a creep he better not haunt my dreams.

BlueBelle, lenor, deetoo and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 111 / 173
Share: