Notifications
Clear all

How Are We Doing? Wellness Health Check In. Please be Mindful in Your post.

(@parizienne)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

Thank you, Jeanne.  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ? I am so sorry I missed last Wednesday (again!  Ugh!)  I was stuck in a school board meeting online... a contentious one.    

I'll be there tomorrow for class and back on Wed. Missing you and everyone!  

Share, deetoo, CC21 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeans3head)
Honorable Member Registered

@laura-f If you have the Disney App, they will be live streaming HAMILTON on July 3rd. I marked my calendar. I had just Tweeted... I wish they would live stream HAMILTON..... it was kinda weird:) but not:)

BlueBelle, CC21, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@jeans3head

I'm aware - in fact we just installed D+ on our Roku just for that!

In the meantime, we're bingeing Mandalorian, and will cancel D+ around July 20, so we only pay for the first month.

What I understand about Hamilton, is that Lin Manual-Miranda wanted to do a film of the stage production, kind of old school. So they filmed it in 2016 with the original cast. It was meant to be a Fathom Events release this year (meaning special screenings in theaters), but due to COVID he decided to make it more widely available (bless him!).

BlueBelle, CC21, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)
Illustrious Member Registered

@laura-f

Love that you posted about the LA Opera. I was their guest artist dancer and choreographer in '87. Also thanks for the $7 tip on Disney + for Hamilton. Great idea!

http://www.abouttheartists.com/productions/137117-la-cenerentola-at-dorothy-chandler-pavilion-1987

LalaBella and LalaBella reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@laura-f

Love that you posted about the LA Opera. I was their guest artist dancer and choreographer in '87. Also thanks for the $7 tip on Disney + for Hamilton. Great idea!

http://www.abouttheartists.com/productions/137117-la-cenerentola-at-dorothy-chandler-pavilion-1987

deetoo, BlueBelle, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

My family and I are Colorado bound tomorrow, with an overnight first in Utah.  My parents have a family home in CO and we will be staying there, without them as they another state right now.  I am really happy to be going, I can't wait to be in nature and in a peaceful environment as some of you may recall from my garden post a while back.  The most difficult part of the trip will be traveling from here to Moab, UT.  We must go through a high Covid area and we must stop there for a potty break because there will not be anything else for hours.  It is near Monument Valley.  We have done this trip many times before, but never in conditions like this.  We could not have travel over the weekend as the entire Navajo Nation ( which encompasses  parts of Utah, Arizona and New Mexico) shuts down on the weekends now to slow down the disease.  It has been working, their numbers while still high are actually falling and have been for awhile now.  The rest of AZ is a horrible hot mess as you can read about in my recent post about hospitals on the COVID thread.  

Anyway, if you can think about it, could you please send some love and light our way for good health and safety as we travel, it would be appreciated.  It is so difficult to make choices during this pandemic.  I have gone back and forth for weeks but ultimately concluded that it was now or not at all.  My eldest daughter is  moving to Texas in a few weeks and this is the last change we have to spent all together and I would rather spend that time away from the heat, fires and insanity of my state.  While I am hopeful we will stay safe (we work really hard in attempting to do just that) I also believe that if we end up sick, Colorado is the better location to be ill as their hospital situation is much better than ours.

I hope to be able to make it to class tomorrow, it depends upon how traveling goes.  

And as I mentioned in a different post the other day, I know we are loved and that we will be surrounded by angels. That is what I hope to take with me on our journey tomorrow. 

Thank you!

Goldstone, TriciaCT, CC21 and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@lawrence

@Laura-f

I am so excited about Hamilton on the Disney+ channel, I_can_hardly_stand_it.  Hamilton is my obsession.   About three years ago, I actually gave a power point presentation on Hamilton the musical to my culture club.  It took six weeks of my life to prepare my presentation of still photos, paintings of historical figures, lyrics, and endless Youtube videos of music.  My husband had to listen and watch it incessantly.  Hamilton is my jam.  

The music, the dancing, that compelling story about Hamilton and founding of our democracy-it's just brilliant and solemn and funny and wise.  Seriously, I consider Lin Manuel Miranda to be one of the finest poets we've ever seen.  He writes about the human condition: our joys and sorrows, our jealousy, our failings, our striving, our love, our heartbreak-all with an understanding comparable to Shakespeare's.  I am not exaggerating, it is just that amazing.  

Counting down the days.

TriciaCT, CC21, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@lovendures

Oh, I am so happy to hear about your trip and respite from the pandemic in Arizona.  I will be praying for all of you and for a safe journey.  You deserve this family time together, my friend.

Goldstone, CC21, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@bluebelle

HUZZAH!!

CC21, BlueBelle, CC21 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@lovendures

Absolutely and in all ways, prayers for health, safety, rest and a peaceful heart.

May you truly be able to unplug from this world's craziness and be one with family, nature and your deepest source of faith.

Peace and love ???

Goldstone, TriciaCT, CC21 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures May you dance with the stars and sing with the trees.  Safe and healing journey planted along every step.

share the love and light

Goldstone, TriciaCT, CC21 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@lovendures I am sending you love and light for your trip.  Fear not dear friend.  You know angels walk and protect you all.  Enjoy the nature and the joy it provides.  Be safe.  ❤️☮️

TriciaCT, CC21, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

We all have our ups and downs during this pandemic experience and I am still thinking about @Parizienne and her eloquent post on grief.  I admit that I do float in and out of different stages of grief. Her post helped me recognize that about myself and reminded me that everyone is experiencing some  stage of grief right now.  It also helps me to be compassionate when I see behaviors that make me want to scream.

@Jeanne-Mayell and several others have posted about the Catholic theologian Henri Nouwen and I'm reading his book Here and Now.  I just dip into it every day or so and this is what I came across this morning:

"It is important to become aware that every moment of our life we have an opportunity to choose joy.  Life has many sides to it.  There are always sorrowful and joyful sides to the reality we live.  And so we always have a choice to live the moment as a cause for resentment or as a cause for joy.  It is in the choice that our true freedom lies, and that freedom is, in the final analysis, the freedom to love.  

It might be a good idea to ask ourselves how we develop our capacity to choose for joy.  Maybe we could spend a moment at the end of each day and decide to remember that day-whatever may have happened-as a day to be grateful for.  In so doing we increase our heart's capacity to choose for joy.  And as our hearts become more joyful, we will become, without any special effort a source of joy for others.  Just as sadness begets sadness, so joy begets joy."

@suspira44 @ghandigirl @coyote

I am thinking of you and so many others in our midst today and sending you joy.

Parizienne, TriciaCT, Lovendures and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@bluebelle that was a beautiful post and a wonderful reminder to all of us that there’s always something to be grateful for.  Thank you for this. ❤️☮️

CC21, Share, CC21 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@bluebelle

I love it. "And so we always have a choice to live the moment as a cause for resentment or as a cause for joy." A good reminder for me and all of us. Thank you!

FEBbby23, Share, FEBbby23 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

After a week of Covid dreams, I decided to switch things up.  Since yesterday was "Hamilton" day and a cause for heartfelt celebration, my husband and I decided to imitate a favorite day at an Italian restaurant.  So my husband made homemade pasta and I made a Bolognese sauce.  We had our pasta Bolognese with a kale salad, garlic bread and a bottle of cabernet.  Then we turned on Hamilton (@Laura-f) and celebrated that amazing talented immigrant who became George Washington's right hand man and was so instrumental in developing our government and our banking system.  Like Icarus, he flew too close to the sun and suffered tremendous tragedy and heartbreak, all before dying at the hand of Aaron Burr.  Laura, I cried and marveled at the same time.  Hamilton will be remembered long, long after the Orange One is dust.

deetoo, DannyBoy, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@bluebelle

I agree and my favorite line of the show is when Hamilton says to Lafayette "Immigrants! We get the job done!".

I'm waiting for my husband to leave for his morning walk so I can put it on again...heheh.

Share, FEBbby23, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

@bluebelle watched it last night with my sister.  The talented cast and yes to that powerful line!

share the love and light 

Goldstone, LalaBella, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@goldstone)
Noble Member Registered

Feeling emotionally exhausted as of late and it's just not the lockdowns that occurred in Melbourne, which I mention in the COVID Australia thread, but also dealing with family and Uni.

It's frustrating to deal with my dad. It's already bad enough that he's a fan of DT, but he's constantly flouting the rules, especially during this lockdown period. I had to get my angry side out today because I wanted to sink in how bad this COVID thing is to him, especially after he's taking his lady friend to the Cemetary and doing other stuff.

THAT'S NOT SAFE!

I'm forced to be a feral dropbear after that and him refusing to wash his hands after he's finally home. Even after all that anger, I'm not sure it's going to sink in.

And mum is wondering why I'm barring him from coming into my room.

Also, I'm about to start my second semester within a week and there's a class that requires me to go on campus in person and I have to work in a group for this major assignment. I'm not looking forward to that. It's bad enough that I have to travel 2hrs to get there from my house, but I'm also at a high risk to be exposed from the virus since I can only travel there via Public Transport.

I'm going to talk to the professor just to see if we could arrange something, but I'm not having high hopes.

The only silver lining to all of this mess of 2020 is that my friends are still here, so we have opportunities to hang on via discord to play pen and paper games. And one of my friends and I were getting closer it seems, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to move on with a relationship with him.

LalaBella, Grace, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

Feeling despondent today. We are being shunned by the rest of the world. US passports have become worthless. Twitler got his fence, and as I feared it was more to trap us IN than it was to keep brown people out. We are being genocided slowly and excruciatingly, our bad karma having been laid at our feet as the rest of the world looks towards the future.

Share, NelystheAlchemist, Share and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 21 / 29
Share: