Notifications
Clear all

How Are We Doing? Wellness Health Check In. Please be Mindful in Your post.

(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@laura-f

This is no coincidence for sure. I feel it's like the collective is a "pressure cooker" right now. Both sides of the coin - the light and the dark - are under "pressure" and I think the astrological aspects and the asteroid are all contributing. We're still dealing with the coronavirus on top of everything else.

One thing I wanted to mention is that be careful taking Aleve. My father was taking it (before he died) for a while for back pain. It ended up damaging his kidneys terribly. When he was in the hospital and then the nursing section of his retirement home, the medical director there and the doctors in the hospital told us that it damages the kidneys and the medical director said her husband took it once for a week and his kidneys started to shut down.

I'm going to keep you and everyone here who suffers from migraines in my prayers and suggest extra mention and healing during our Wednesday Zoom meditation sessions with Jeanne.

?

Goldstone, Unk p, LalaBella and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Interesting. I had a splitting headache come on out of bloody nowhere 2 days ago. I never had a migraine before but wow that hurt bad. Im also a very sensitive empath with some other psychic senses. Interesting others are getting this too.

Stargazer, Lovendures, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Count me in - had a terrible migraine too.

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

I just feel weary. My body is stiff and heavy, and I'm tired most of the time. I'm sure there's a transpersonal component to all of this. I also have't been practicing great sleep hygiene lately or exercising much. I got a few hints today that my funk will start turning this week. But tonight I just need a long, uninterrupted sleep. Goodnight everyone.

ghandigirl, Stargazer, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@coyote

Go rest, Coyote, sleep well and peacefully with angels all around you.

deetoo, Stargazer, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Sleep well and do what is right for your body Coyote.

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@coyote

I am hoping you were able to get some sleep. I am hoping today looks a little better for you.

Unk p, deetoo, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

I have been feeling quite tired. Appliances not functioning for a while in apt and just tired of the covid incompetence.  Desperately miss being around more normal people in real time.

I have always loved arts, but really miss concerts and museums. Am grateful for food, shelter, and clothing, but the arts are nourishment too.

Grace, FEBbby23, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@screenie

I am also very involved in the [performing] arts. There are many organizations that are doing meetings, classes and even rehearsals via Zoom. Granted, it's not quite the same, but I've been very grateful to be able to utilize them. I was dancing in my house 3-4 hours per week til I sprained my ankle. And I'm in a band with my husband, and we've just resumed rehearsals, but outdoors with social distancing and masks.

Let me know if you want some links.

And just so everyone knows - it's worth paying for 1 month of Disney+ ($7) - they will be showing Hamilton on July 3.

Grace, Lawrence, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

@laura-f

I would like some links.  have been having knee and ankle issues as well. :/  I just find it really bizarre that there is no way that theater can not adapt in some way.  Perhaps costume designers could simply design plastic garments and have people perform like that? Walking performances distanced with 8 foot ribbons on wrists as markers for audience?  They did it in demonstrations in Berlin.

FEBbby23 and FEBbby23 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

First link is to a Youtube channel that has excellent chair cardio and special videos for those dealing with foot/ankle injuries or issues:  Caroline Jordan Fitness

Also great is this Israeli form of modern dance called Gaga - it was invented by an older Israeli dancer who wanted to rediscover joy in movement without injury or pain. I recommend the Gaga People classes, it's pay what you can (or not at all), classes on Zoom with people from all over the world, the teachers are in NYC and Tel Aviv, so mind your time zones:  Gaga People Dance

Tomorrow night (Thurs June 25) - there is a Sing Along of Sister Act presented online by Grace Cathedral in San Francisco, as part of Pride celebrations, at 5pm PDT: 
Sister Act Sing Along

Next, Virtual Museum Tours

Free Online Classical Concerts

If you prefer Jazz or more modern/rock/hiphop/EDM type music - poke around on Facebook, literally anyone and everyone is posting stuff daily. In fact, if you like a fusion of jam band, rock, funk and americana, check out our band on FB:  Flat Mars Society

I can also recommend a very cool rock/latin fusion band with Mexi-Cali influences called
The B-Side Players

And if you're into geeky prog-rock, I recommend the videos that Robert Fripp (King Crimson) and his wife Toyah are posting weekly on YT:  Sunday Lunch with Robert and Toyah

Let me know if you like any of these!!

FEBbby23 and FEBbby23 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@screenie

One more link:

National Theatre of the UK - each week on Thursday they post one full length play on YouTube, for free. Unfortunately you can't go back and watch prior ones. Some are classical, some are contemporary, every one is excellent (except maybe "Frankenstein" - it was simultaneously over indulgent and boring, but that's just my opinion).

Jeans3head, FEBbby23, Jeans3head and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@screenie

Another one: Free opera streamed on FB:  Great Opera Choruses-LA Opera

Lawrence and Lawrence reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

@laura-f

Agree with Frankenstein based on the clips.  Interesting version of Midsummer Nights Dream up.  Hopefully will stay up thru this weekend.  The dance classes look fun, but zoom acting up on me....maybe it will resolve later.  Fripp is one of my favorite guitarists. I was once asked who I would like to play guitar like and he's the one who came to mind, as well as PJ Harvey.

LalaBella and LalaBella reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

I am feeling it all weigh heavy on me today, all. I can’t concentrate, can’t focus, feel on the brink of a breakdown all the time. The willful ignorance is pushing me over the edge. We have put our entire lives on hold since the first week of March ... for what? The country to get bored and decide they don’t want to play the “keep safe” game anymore? How do they not understand that nothing changes if nothing changes? Why can’t they do the hard things? Then I find out my idiot sister-in-law, who has asthma, is going to Florida next week for ten days with her teenage daughter ... who also has asthma. What the hell?! I mean, seriously? I just can’t feel it all anymore. People have worn down my shell to the sensitive center, and I feel rage and grief every minute of the day. I need to find a way to rebuild my shell.

CC21, Coyote, CC21 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@saibh

I am so sorry for your feelings of frustration. It is horrfying to watch people flaunt easy safety precautions. I go for a walk most days and am the ONLY person wearing a mask. I make a wide berth around everyone and cross the street when others are maskless near me. I can 't control them but I can keep myself safe. I can also choose not to go out at all. I can't make anyone else do anything unfortunately.

I am hoping to not catch this virus. I can't look at the coverage of the people at the beaches etc. It is a shame our counrtry is delusional in so many ways. All we can do to fix this world is to fix ourselves which is a full time job.

CC21, Jeans3head, Frank and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@saibh

I too I'm a "woman on the edge".  It appears that the pandemic is over in the US because [checks notes] Americans have no attention span and got bored.

An old college friend has been posting pics of a big family trip to the NC Outer Banks. She lives in Chicago with her husband, one daughter lives in Pittsburgh with her husband and kids, and her son and his wife live elsewhere. All frolicking on the beach, going to restaurants and shops, not a mask among them. She should know better - her mother died young of cancer, I'm shocked at her behavior.

Then I saw a posting on nextdoor.com - someone in my neighborhood ventured to go to the San Diego Zoo because it has reopened. The Zoo insists they are taking all kinds of precautionary measures, but what this man said was that there weren't enough security guards and little to no enforcement of social distancing, too many large groups all clumped together and walking slowly, too many crowds at the popular exhibits, people getting sneaky and pulling masks down. He left after a few minutes and characterized it as an "obstacle course". In the past week 2 friends and my husband have indicated they want to go. I said no and have told my husband if he goes he better find somewhere to quarantine!

I'm hunkering down more - I decided to cancel a couple of medical appointments that can wait (was trying to get them done in the "eye of the storm" as @coyote put it.  But the eye has passed, and now we're back in the worst part of the storm.

CC21, ghandigirl, Coyote and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@parizienne)
Noble Member Registered

I wanted to drop a quick note to tell everyone on this site how much I love your posts and your insights and your validations and YOU.  Thank you @jeanne-mayell for creating this beautiful space. 

It's just so nice to be here.  I want to keep learning and growing in my own insights.  It just feels amazing to be among you all. 

Grace, deetoo, BlueBelle and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@parizienne. I am so glad you are here, and I feel also blessed to see you on Wednesday nights for our Circle of Light and on Monday nights for my intuition classes.  

deetoo, BlueBelle, CC21 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

Posted by: @laura-f

Americans have no attention span and got bored.

The Brits too, judging by the images of packed beaches, parks, and city squares that have been coming out of the UK over the past week.

deetoo, BlueBelle, CC21 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 20 / 29
Share: