Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Dead?

(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor
Topic starter  

I have not followed the Kurds, Syria and Middle East  topic very closely as I am too fragile lately.  But I think this news may fit here. Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed in a raid.   Could Trump have sacrificed millions of Kurds to get this one guy?  Is it true?  He has told so many lies I don't know what to believe anymore...

"Will it disorgenized ISIS or will it galvanize them" - Director Jim Clappper

DId we sacrifice all these people for a callife that will turn out just being a man?

The next few months will be crucial can we maintain tempo ensure we continue dismentling ALL of the leadership - Chaireman Mike Rogers

ISIS has been preparing to lose the leadership for a long time.  They have been grooming new leaders.  Which could be why Al-Badhdadi detonated his vest.

But is he really dead or is it one of T's BS again?  To change the news cycle? 

One thing is for sure, the Syrian war is a new one, where the US is more engaged, more at risk.  Trump has no choice to not only leave troops there but to send more.

Another thins, with all the ISIS prisoners having escaped, The Western world is more at risks than before.

Lilinoe, lenor, KB and 3 people reacted
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor
Topic starter  

Al-Baghdadi had 3 of his kids with him when running away.  He detonated his vest and his body was mutilated.  The test results confirmed it was al-Baghdadi.  The tunnel colapsed so they never saw his body.

Could he have escaped and detonated bombs to destroy the tunnel, sacrificing his 3 kids for the DNA tests?  I don't want to start any conspiracy therories but that's what came to mind when T was describing the events during his address to the nation.

Can someone read on this and validate Trump's statement?

Lilinoe and Lilinoe reacted
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor
Topic starter  

I did 2 spreads and dropped one card.  Method: the deck (Connolly) was in the center and I turned cards around the deck. 

Question: Is Al-Baghdadi dead?

• 6 of cups: he was with is family when the raid began. Making new memories?
  • 8 of coins: He was happy with the job he did, the movement he created
  • 4 of cups: He was informed of the upcoming raid
  • The Hanged Man: It was self sacrifice
  • 6 of swords: He passed to the next realm

The card I dropped was the hermit.  In the Connolly deck, you see an old man passing a torch to another.  Need I say more?

Question: What is going to happen next to the world?

• 8 of wands: Things are happening very fast. Although this card is in the past position, I feel it is also in the present
  • Justice: They are preparing for Justice to be served. They are seeking Justice.  I feel the plan has been laid out a long time ago
  • 9 of cups: We may be sitting on our laurels, taking the end of ISIS for granted.
  • Knight of pentacles reversed: This is their new leader. He is young and usually think things through and very methodical.  However, right now, he is emotional and will act in anger.  He could make mistakes while seeking his revenge
  • Ace of wands: ISIS is still alive and well and the organization will rejuvenate itself under the new leader.

Lilinoe, KB, Coyote and 11 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@bright-opal

Well I want to say I am surprised that he did not say he was personally on the ground and that he lead the team and he shot him personally. That it was his kill. Since he has first hand knowledge  

'He reached the end of the tunnel as our dogs chased him down. He ignited his vest, killing himself and his three children. His body was mutilated by the blasts. The tunnel had caved on him,' Trump added.

'He died ... whimpering and crying and screaming.'

Unfortunately Russia has doubts:

Moscow unconvinced by US claims that al-Baghdadi has been killed. Russian defence ministry refers to “valid doubts about the reality & success (of the operation), says “no air strikes by US or coalition forces registered in Idlib de-escalation zone on Saturday or recent days.”

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, KB and 5 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jessi1978

His while speech was a clown show. This whole administration is a disgrace. It's painful to watch even one minute of the moron talking and thinking he looks important when he looks deranged.

One (probably obvious) prediction: while this may give T a small bump in the polls, ultimately it will make no difference, in the sense of helping him. 

Lilinoe, lenor, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor
Topic starter  

It's weird, I was so happy when they got Bin Laden, but I feel fear that they got Baghdaddi. I'm sorry, I usually try to fons possitive in situations but I can't seem to pull it off this time.  Is it because T is in the Oval Office?  Could be...

When I woke up this afternoon, the thought that came to mind was that if this is in fact true, it was a lucky shot.  Normally another president may not have made this same decision because of the risks involved and the outcome.  He saw this as a way to change the news cycle.  

Lilinoe, lenor, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@bright-opal

I also have felt similar feeling.  I also got chills when I read T's address to the nation. That will surely rev up people who wish to harm the US.  

Sophie, Lilinoe, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

I did not watch Trump's address regarding this operation although I heard about it and read about it.

What I pick up is this- yes, that leader is dead. However, he was out of favor, not considered much of a leader anymore--he was on his way out. He lost his caliphate and the faith of his followers. There was a small chance he could have reformed his movement/ie. not ISIS but his role in it due to the missteps made by Trump. However, this mission luckily stopped that.

This was an operation that had been in planning for months. However, I don't think they were planning to do this as soon as now.. they were waiting for more people/leaders in that group to convene before doing this operation. But the impulsive act from Trump withdrawing US troops and causing a Kurdish diaspora (the people keeping a lid on security as well as a font of intelligence irt ISIS) caused the military to move this up and it was a gamble. Trump is crowing not only because they were successful but because he avoided an embarrassing circumstance. This was risky because US access was in question and he was able to get permission from Russia. You may wonder what it cost-- I will tell you, it is our military guarding Syria's oil wells for them.

All his fans are very happy and call this a big win but most of them could not even find Syria on a map and have very little knowledge or emotion tied to this leader so there is very little emotion connected to this other that "it's a win" which is unlike the emotional connection to Bin Laden, who's death made many people feel some relief from fear and/or gratitude or approval for closure/comeuppance.

There will be, if not already another to take this man's place. There is intercine conflict between Al Queda/ISIS and while Al Queda is happy about this man's death and the disarray in ISIS, they may also look to influence or convince that recovering movement to ally or have some kind of agreement. However there is a lot of mistrust/judgement between these factions. 

Trump cannot resist taking personal credit for this just as he said of Mattis "I ended ISIS in three months when he said it would take 2 years." (and he clearly didn't). This statement and his previous pronouncement that ISIL was "wiped out." are incongruent with the most recent "success." His continued bitter, personal and vindictive rants adjacent to acts of military and state undermine respect for his office as evidenced by the reaction of the crowds at the Nationals game. Of course, this probably would not have happened if he waited and went to Houston instead. He might have gotten a lot of military themed pomp and celebration. I wonder why he did not anticipate this when measuring the public response/Media optics are supposed to be his strength? So I would call his decision to go to that ballgame an act of very poor judgement. That is a clip the Russian media will be running on a loop.

TriciaCT, Lilinoe, Sophie and 3 people reacted
(@triciact)

I'm not saying that al-Baghdadi is not dead but I smell something fishy in this story. I think That the Orange nightmare wanted to do this so he could one-up Obama (again) but I also feel the timing of this stinks. I think he is distracting us with this story and I'm not sure this happened when and how he is claiming. Not sure if anyone else feels this?

On another note, did you know that Maria Butina was sent back to Russia?

Sophie, Lilinoe, Sophie and 3 people reacted
(@triciact)

More about my feeling that Trump didn't even kill the guy - that maybe he was already dead! https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia-trumps-baghdadi-victory-lap-is-nothing-but-propaganda

(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@TriciaCT

Yes, it's meant to distract from all of Twitler's "woes", but the conspiracy stuff on this has to stop. It was a long planned operation that got moved up because of our troops being forced to abandon the Kurds. It was a Kurdish operative who knew where B-al-B was, and who was keeping tabs on him. The info had been given to the US forces, who then had to ask PUTIN for permission to act. Of course Putin agreed, but only as long as they got it done asap. The reason he agreed is that defeating ISIS while boosting Erdogan and Assad is in the Russian playbook - remove as many obstacles to total control as possible.

I feel that B-al-B suicided himself and his kids on purpose, because he viewed himself as a martyr for Allah, and wouldn't have wanted US authorities to get their bodies as proof of the deaths. I feel it was a last act of anarchy on his part because all these asshats know that Americans are too susceptible to conspiracy theories, and as I have posted elsewhere here, those conspiracies and the spreading of them is at the heart of the totalitarianism that is taking hold globally.

Sophie, Tiger-n-Owl, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
(@triciact)

@laura-f

Thank you for that clarification ? 

LalaBella and LalaBella reacted
Share: