Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Rooftop Revolving Lounge Area

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

PS @unk-p.

"the Leonid Meteor Showers for tonight have already started.  They are expected to go... until dawn. Please go outside and see them, right now,  if you can."

We are BIG star, planet and meteor watchers here! Even saw that dot of a space station a few months or whenever ago.

Did you know ALL the planet's were visible like last week or whenever whenever? So cool but couldn't see them just acknowledge them in the heavens through the rainy low visibility ceiling of the night sky.

Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 23 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)

A rooftop with a view of the Chicago skyline. Snacks, and all of you cool people there with me. Heaven.

Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 21 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@share

Darling Share! You are my kind of thinking and fuzzy blanket bringing gal! Party people and animals we've got:

@share:

"Fluffy pillows, fuzzy blankies and fabulous friends drinking hot toddy, Bloody Nary or a warm coffee that sizzles your soul while singing to Ghandhigirl’s strumming of the guitar; the meteor showers and stars dancing and twinkling through  the night.  

Michelle practicing her grooves on those roller skates, ummm may I order a  shot of elderberry, ginkgo and a splash of Prosecco please.  

Holding hands and harmonizing with my lovely friends on this rooftop revolving Lounge. Cheers!"

CHEERS! Share! That's for all of the goodies up here! Boy this place is looking mighty fine!

LivingFree2, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 19 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Posted by: @michele-b

Michelle practicing her grooves on those roller skates, ummm may I order a  shot of elderberry, ginkgo and a splash of Prosecco please.  

This, yes please!

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT and 15 people reacted
(@ghandigirl)

I found my music and did indeed sing and play Up on the Roof for my boyfriend. I thought about all of you and this thread.

I also finally found my lost book of original music and played several for him. This book represents my song writing from age 15 to 55. What luck to find my music!

Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle, Stargazer and 19 people reacted
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

I’m transported back to our former ny home which overlooks the Hudson River and a broad vista of views all the way to Ct and the Berkshires. 4th of July fireworks were thrilling even without the noise. However, change is good. 

I love our rooftop lounge and searching for shooting stars on a dark crisp night. The air, like here, is clean. Mmmmmmmmm

Champagne or Prosecco w a splash of Chambord for me and skinless sweet sliced peaches for everyone. 
Someone will teach me how to tell a joke. I’m terrible me at it. LOL We’ll laugh until we snort and fall over (while seated haha). I love laughing... even more than eating! 

Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 15 people reacted
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

my father hasn't had a haircut since before The Quarantine. So today, he asks me if i would do it. I tell him that that is a bold choice. 

BlueBelle, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 11 people reacted
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

(pt 2)

I will cut hair.  For $1.   Up front.    And if they don't like that haircut, they can have their money back  get the hell outta my Punk Rock beauty parlor!

lets have some B 52s https://youtu.be/VvCng7-za1Y

deetoo, Stargazer, Vesta and 11 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@unk-p

Haircuts? Oh those handsome young men of the 60s who made bold choices by coming to my house for a free haircut! Sigh.

I remember one poor dear, can't remember his name right now but thick sandy hair very very very wavy as in wavy @lynnventura gravy wavy pouring from a gravy pitcher that I had my hands in---that my techniques failed.Failed!

Poor poor dear teen spirit boy. Worst haircut of my entire volunteer hair cutting career of the 60s, and 70s 80s 90s 2000s!  I cut lines of shag before shag haurcuts were in! Oh the guilt and no undoes! No gluing back or climbing into a pseudo-DeLorean back into his future past.

He forgave me. He said "it'll grow back!

"Hair" 1968 and tribal rock musical. 

Feeling so many emotions from good vibrations to protest for animal rights for dogs jarringly ejected out of consciousness owners pickup trucks on your watch on your corner!  I don't blame you. Nothing can raise the ire like hurting animals or children for me. Hate comes in a rush. Real anger. OK. Fury roars!!! But fury and anger mutate into other things that hurt so many of us  it mutates into depression.

Out out anger to fury to blame and depression.  In in good energies that help me, helpbothers. Heal me as they help and heal others. Love of the hurting animals. Love of the hurting  children. Love. Hope. Light. Sunshine. And music.

Music from Hair the rock musical (no Haircuts from past regrets ?)

Aquarius (Let the Sunshine In)

"When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars…"

I settle. I plead the Fifth Dimension.

I go into aboriginal Dreamtime where all is one and one are for all and I groove to gentle energies once again. Close your eyes. Ignore the dated statement clothing, the strange now production values and quality. And let darling @share 's grooves roll in with her rainbows and caring, loving comforting care bears hop into @unk-p' s B-52 converible just cruising along!

Ah that other dimension! Love is steering the stars.....

??????⚘?⭐??? ?

Unk p, deetoo, Stargazer and 9 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@lovendures

@share

Prosecco! Oh yes that I can drink and many sips and my energies are good. And elderberry? Oh yes! My daughter the medical herbalist gathers and makes extract. And off come the rollerskates. I'm not a very good roller skater really even though I grew up with iceskates. I go too fast to keep up and not get run over and am praying not to crash the whole time!

Ah prosecco. When Costco brought it in for $6! And I could actually go out and into a store and shop. Those were the days my friends. 

Look, Love and Appreciate the Helpers.

Instacart Shoppers. Fred Meyer (Kroger) Curbside Shoppers and Deliveries. Grace my favorite young helper always sweet,, kind,, helpful.. She looks at me sweet young one and sees a kind old grandmother because I am. I exude kind but fun grandma energy. Hahaha.

Thank the Helpers. Thank you Fred Roger's you strange sweet man you. Thank you Revoving Rooftop Lounge. Thank you unk et all. Thank you @jeanne-mayell for our big little cave of evolving consciousness!

Unk p, deetoo, earthangel and 9 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@ghandigirl

Oh ghandigirl how wonderful, wonderful wonderful! Love it love it love it. Love love you!

Ghandigirl posted: 

I found my music and did indeed sing and play Up on the Roof for my boyfriend. I thought about all of you and this thread.

I also finally found my lost book of original music and played several for him. This book represents my song writing from age 15 to 55. What luck to find my music!

Unk p, deetoo, earthangel and 11 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@earthangel

Oh my oh my oh my. Your views, your memories,  your thoughts. You sent, I received and my own memories flooded in!

This then is now part of the magic of the wondrous "Revolving Roof Top Lounge"

We revolve-our views, our memories past /present/future. We keep on "spinning" --"What goes up must come down.  Spinning wheel goes round and round."

Kali Yuga, the wheel of the Zodiac, the wheels of the convertibles and DeLorean and Time Space Creation and Magic/Magick.

The Golden Spiral, the Golden Mean, Sacred Symbols of all kinds flooding in now. I climb into the geometic complexities and am transported up up and away in my beautiful

? ?✨⭐⭐????????????

Unk p, deetoo, Stargazer and 11 people reacted
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

@michele-b Thank you, thank you, thank you for your joy and effervescence❣️ I hear Melanie’s passionate “Lay Down” as we raise our candles and glasses high. Cheers to all light workers and all of the helpers who strive and laugh and pray and comfort and share bc vulnerability is a strength and a step toward awakening. ???

“So raise the candles high
'Cause if you don't we could stay black against the night
Oh, raise them higher again
And if you do we could stay dry against the rain”

Michele, ghandigirl, Unk p and 13 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@unk-p. I think your dad's going to end up with a mullet. I'm going back up on the roof tonight.  Count shooting stars. I will give thanks that @Lovendures and her husband tested negative. Oh, I see that when I do that, there's a face in the sky that gives me a wink and a smile. 

Michele, Baba, Share and 15 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@michele-b and @unk-p, did you mention haircuts?  Back in the early 70's, my long-haired friend, Chuck, pleaded with me to give him a good trim. 

"But I've never cut hair before," I protested.

"Geez, don't make such a big deal out of it.  There's nothing to it -- just cut straight across and take off a couple of inches," Chuck replied.

The scissors slipped and one of the blades went up his nose.  

And yes ... the friendship survived.

Michele, Baba, Share and 7 people reacted
(@stargazer)

Well I just love this thread, thank you Unky (Hey don't run with those scissors ...)

November is a bittersweet time, the bridge 'tween ... I like to sip a little warmed cognac in front of the fireplace and I do loves me some 19th century poets!.

At the risk of sounding like a kosmic 'Mastahpiece Theatah' episode ... here is a poem from ca. 1816... (Just the first and last parts)

Percy Bysshe Shelley ~

' Hymn to Intellectual Beauty '

" The awful shadow of some unseen power

Floats though unseen among us visiting

This various world with as inconstant wing

As summer winds that creep from flower to flower

Like moonbeams that behind some piney mountain shower

It visits with unconstant glance each human heart and countenance

Like hues and harmonies of evening

Like clouds in starlight widely spread

Like memory of music fled

Like aught that for it's grace may be

Dear, and yet dearer for it's mystery

~ ~ ~

The day becomes more solemn and serene

When noon is past, there is a harmony

In Autumn, and a lustre in the sky

Which through summer is not heard or seen

As if it could not be, as if it had not been

Thus let the power which like the truth of nature

On my passive youth descended, to my onward life supply

It's calm, to one who worships thee, and every form containing thee

Whom, SPIRIT fair, thy spells did bind

To fear himself, and love all 

Human kind "

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Share and 9 people reacted
(@bluebelle)

@unk-p  For about five months of our quarantine, I cut my husband’s hair with dog clippers. I mean, clippers are clippers, amirite?   Like our dogs, my husband is easy going and a very good sport.  However, when the barbershop opened last July, my husband was outta here and I haven’t cut it since.  With this scary winter approaching, we may have to be more self-reliant again.  

Unk p, Baba, ghandigirl and 11 people reacted
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  
(pt 3)
the problem with cutting the hair of an 85 year old who has male-pattern baldness, is, well, how do you do it without having him come off as some Republi-clone?

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

@unk-p. I think your dad's going to end up with a mullet.

ha!

Actually, i gave him the more radicalized version of a Mullet:

The Skullet!    -that is where the top and the sides are completely shaved, and the back is total anarchy.   It makes him look like a Hare Krishna devotee.   A very handsome one, at that.   He loves it, and he didn't ask for his $1 back!

another day

another dollar

at the punk rock beauty parlor

and hey, @michele-b -Aquarius just happens to be one of my all-time favorite songs, from one of my all-time favorite movies.   Here is a version from Wigstock (circa 1995)- also an excellent movie:

https://youtu.be/GLb_IcieNTU

Vesta, Coyote, Baba and 11 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@deetoo

"Geez, don't make such a big deal out of it.  There's nothing to it -- just cut straight across and take off a couple of inches," Chuck replied.

The scissors slipped and one of the blades went up his nose.  

And yes ... the friendship survived."

Oh Dee 2 C 3 P O

I should not laugh at your dear man so I am just snorting, choking on my own secretions and huff Puff huff ouff my shoulders up and down as I try to hold it all in.

And of course I spilled my cuppa all over my  ? basket I arrived in this morning for 3 a.m. awakening and wait for dawn and startvof a new day with no regrets for yesterday. 

? Yesterday! ? 

Vesta, Share, Unk p and 5 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@michele-b,

and I didn't even give you the punchline:  Chuck still wanted me to finish cutting his hair, nicked nose and all!  So I did.  

This was the guy who would lecture me about buying nutritionally-deficient white bread, and then stop by at midnight to invite me on a Dunkin Donuts' run. 

Enough said.

Baba, Vesta, Share and 7 people reacted
Page 2 / 18
Share: