[Closed] Rooftop Revolving Lounge Area

(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Welcome . 

This is an open thread. 

Feel free to discuss any old thing at all

oh yeah

the Leonid Meteor Showers for tonight have already started.  They are expected to go... until dawn. 

Please go outside and see them, right now,  if you can. 

And, of course,   some music,     to get things going:

Spinning Wheel

https://youtu.be/U12srfQS-e o

(shoutout to @lynnventura and @rowsella ,

from the fab @michele-b 11:11 thread)

Again,   This is a free range, open thread:

JourneyWithMe2, Baba, ghandigirl and 15 people reacted
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

trying it again https://youtu.be/U12srfQS-eo

JourneyWithMe2, Baba, Stargazer and 13 people reacted
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

ok, so what then, if the thanksgiving Tofurkey is only half-baked; at least the gravy is moist!

Kateinpdx, BlueBelle, JourneyWithMe2 and 15 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)

Gravy is the best part of the whole enterprise anyway. Anything that serves as its delivery device is cool with me. 

Kateinpdx, BlueBelle, JourneyWithMe2 and 17 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@unk-p

Ah the wonderful @unk-p who so loves pets, plants and painting...oh yeah..when unk is spinning wheels, if not with Earth, Wind and Fire and revving up our mojo and my urge for a rooftop dancing party or to chase all our blues away, and bring back the memories of other times,  people,places and things merging our worlds and our understandings of them, he's with his other love of spinning wheels--as our personal vinyl "disc jockey"! And "nobody does it better!"

For me, my personal roof-top lounge  was literally climbing out our upstairs window...the one that half of it is a very quick trip (but not so fun trip) to the downstairs entry way in too big of a distance to fall in a hurry kind of way. However 1/3th  of is gave excellent access to that magical rooftop lounge, meditation and trance visioning land of magic--my roof! 

I'd turn on the stereo and hoist myself up and out and over in my window of space and time and access of opportunity. Usually in a nightgown and barefoot with my waist long hair down and wild in the wind! Oh "those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end" but its still all there--roof top !Once a carload of college students pulled up while my eyes were closed ! I heard a girl scream "who's that up on your roof??" to one of my daughters.And as my eldest daughter calmly climbs out from the back she says "oh that's just my mom. She goes out there to meditate."

Let's just say, the word got out that "I was a witch  as apparently from the then on "your mom scares me!" screamer"s world only witches sat up onto rooftops especially to meditate. ???

Ah yes the wonderful and always spinning turntable of the days of our lives!  Love your lounge unk-p.

The view is wonderful from here and the music is always always de-light-full!

I'm playing music tag with unk-p and telling my stories too!

Who's next?

"Up on the Roof"
The Drifters 
"And if this world starts getting you down there's room enough for two"

https://youtu.be/puM1k-S86nE

LivingFree2, BlueBelle, earthangel and 25 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@lynnventura @unk-p

It's all gravy if you're up on the roof with the rest of us "Thanksgiving's going to be a lot different this year!' diners! So whether you're having turkey or tofurkey with gravy, and inspite of all challenges, we will still have food to eat,  people and pets and music we love and are grateful for!

Everyone bring your T-day potluck meals and join us in our landof virtual possibilities. ! Unk will be spinning and DJ-ing! 

BlueBelle, JourneyWithMe2, Lovendures and 21 people reacted
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@unk-p, this is such a cool idea!  Thank you.

On this beautiful, crisp morning, I imagined myself joining you all on that revolving rooftop lounge, big cup of jo in hand, with a steaming bowl of steel cut oats with walnuts, raspberries, and chopped dark chocolate.  (Chocolate always makes it better.)  Together we watched the sun come up as I opened my eyes to the revolving landscape ... removing myself from my sometimes myopic view of the world.  

I was recently reminded that the one thing we can count on is change.  And that gives me comfort.  ?  

Tiger-n-Owl, JourneyWithMe2, Jeanne Mayell and 23 people reacted
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

*The Revolving Rooftop Lounge now has convenient take out service- just wait here, until the second window pulls up to you!

TriciaCT, earthangel, deetoo and 21 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

@lynnventura Gravy is a beverage. ;-)

BlueBelle, earthangel, deetoo and 15 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)

@tgraf66  Love it!  And love this joyful thread!!

deetoo, JourneyWithMe2, Vesta and 9 people reacted
(@stargazer)

@unk-p

*Warning : Salivation alert*

Just one word ...

PENZEY'S

deetoo, JourneyWithMe2, Share and 7 people reacted
(@ghandigirl)

I used to perform Up On The Roof by James Taylor, my voice, my blue/green guitar

Maybe I'll dig out the music tomorrow. 

Cool thread.

BlueBelle, TriciaCT, earthangel and 19 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@ghandigirl

"I used to perform Up On The Roof by James Taylor, my voice, my blue/green guitar

Maybe I'll dig out the music tomorrow.

Cool thread."

Unbelievably synchronisticslly awesome ghandigirl! Beautiful and awesome. Makes me incredibly happy to think of you doing that! 

Love your sharing this so very very much!

?????

Found it! James Taylor's version.  Be still my heart !

https://youtu.be/tDqS1d7tE8o

deetoo, Share, Unk p and 7 people reacted
(@michele-b)

Found it! James Taylor's version.  Be still my heart ! Look at that face,  those eyes. Swoon swoon oops almost fell off his roof ?

https://youtu.be/tDqS1d7tE8o

deetoo, Vesta, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@michele @unkp @ghandigirl @deetoo

I'm up on that roof right now. I can see the stars.  And puppy is curled up in my lap. I feel the cold air.   I don't drink but I'd like a hot toddy--hot water, fresh-squeezed lemon, butter, and a tiny splash of rum. Maybe I'll bring up a mattress and blanket and sleep out here tonight under the stars.

LivingFree2, Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle and 23 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@michele-b

JT has the BEST version of this song.  

My mom has a patio on her rooftop.  I watched fireworks from it a few years back.  It is one of the most peaceful places to sit and read.  If I close my eyes, I can almost be there and relax for a moment. Thank you!

Great Thread

Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle, TriciaCT and 17 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@jeanne-mayell

Slumber party! @unk-p where's Jeanne's Hot Toddy service for pick-up at revolving window #2? 

I'd help her myself but I got confused and put on roller skates for window service but forgot I can't skate and chew gum at the same time.

@Lovendures 

We once had a deck off of our upstairs loft area. I so loved relaxing and reading or watching the stars from up high. It deteriorated from chronic age and Oregon rain and was never rebuilt. But the memories remain. 

The air is magical from height of any kind and the views afar are so lovely for deep relaxation and reverie. Imagine the peace and breathe it all in just as we focus on the new breath in and old breath out.

Breathing in peace and freedom from worry for even a moment with you. May our families and ourselves all be well. ? 

Tiger-n-Owl, TriciaCT, earthangel and 17 people reacted
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

@michele-b oh, i was busy making a Bloody Nary.  That is like a Bloody Mary, but with Club soda instead of the vodka (so nary any booze).  It is actually very good, the carbonated water thins down the thick tomato juice, and makes it so much more refreshing.  Cheers!

BlueBelle, deetoo, earthangel and 9 people reacted
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

Fluffy pillows, fuzzy blankies and fabulous friends drinking hot toddy, Bloody Nary or a warm coffee that sizzles your soul while singing to Ghandhigirl’s strumming of the guitar; the meteor showers and stars dancing and twinkling through  the night.  Michelle practicing her grooves on those roller skates, ummm may I order a  shot of elderberry, ginkgo and a splash of Prosecco please.  
Holding hands and harmonizing with my lovely friends on this rooftop revolving Lounge. Cheers!

Share the love and light 

Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 17 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@unk-p

Hahahahaha.. Never tried a Bloody Nary! Took a tiny taste of a Bloody Mary ONCE! It was so alcoholic to my puny alcohol puny tolerance taste buds so I gave it away to another at the wedding reception table. I was so tipsy from one sip of it was more than enough.

If I am in a room of drinkers THEIR energies put me under the table. If I have 1/2 a glass of wine, I'm on the revolving lounges revolving table dancing like tomorrow will never come. Great fun at the time and never forgotten by extended family at a different wedding reception dinner who are still saying "I never knew Aunt Michele could dance! " ? 

I barely drink but if I'm offered its usually hard cider. We have apple trees and pick and press our own into cider the juice and family adds our own frozen berries to make berry cider in that whatever distilling process. Organic with good clean home made loving energies i can drink and enjoy a small glass once in a blue moon. 

I buy sparkling water and mixed it with pepsi once to cut its caffeine. Don't try it ? 

You made a good choice unk p to live clean and toxics to you free. Our revolving lounge is evolving in service and choices! 

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
Page 1 / 18
Share: