Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

@grayson

Hello Grayson!           I don't think anyone is intentionally ignoring you.  We have all written posts that didn't seem to get any response. It can happen for lots of reasons. For instance, i had to go back and search for your post that the others were replying to.  I just never saw it earlier.   The time or day of the week that something is put up can also make a difference.  And sometimes folks just don't think what i posted is nearly as interesting as i did, lol, and that is fine, too.

peace&love

TriciaCT, Sophie, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@bright-opal, I am so sorry.  That's an awful lot on your plate.  I will pray for strength,  support and divine guidance for you and your family.  Please continue to post here when you feel the need; you're going through a rough time right now.

Too-ti Luv is a beautiful name for your sweet bird.  I hope that she will be a source of joy and comfort to you.  

Sophie, Unk p, Sophie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@ratbum

I have a friend with lymphedema and so I’ve read a little about it. It seems there is a certain massage that can be done like someone else mentioned. I understand your panic as I always panic when told I might have a problem that I fear doesn’t have a solution. Please get all the info you can to lower your anxiety and find treatment.

all the best.

Anita

Lilinoe, LalaBella, Lilinoe and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Posted by: @grayson

I feel like I'm always being ignored here and I don't understand why... :(

@grayson - I know that for me, sometimes I get overwhelmed trying to reply to each person in a thread, sometimes I just direct my comments to the group at large.  You're not being ignored, if you feel you are, I'm sorry to hear that.  We support each other here, and I accept your critique and will try to do better in future. Sending you peace and light.

Sophie, Lilinoe, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@bright-opal

Is there someone who is there for you right now as it seems you are there for so many others currently in their time of need?

2 thoughts about your accident prone niece.  1- Does she need glasses?  Has she ever had an eye exam?  2.  Perhaps she is not "present" and needs some help learning how to be in the present moment.

Art Therapy might be a great thought for both girls.  And Laughter.  Fun and laughter work miracles.  

Do you live near any of the people in your life that you just mentioned?  

I am sending everyone ( and you) peace, hope with lots of love.

deetoo, Sophie, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

I should do more art therapy with my girls. God knows I do a lot of that myself, I should have thought of that.  I try to make my niece more aware of the things she is doing and how it can work against her.  I wonder if she is not doing self-sabotage...

I need to work on the laughter and fun aspect of our relationship.  I babysit them often and since they began seeing their mom again, they are having behavioral issues.  I need to adjust my responses to them.  At least they feel comfortable enough to talk to me.  

I've been in contact with my brother this am and he is looking for psychological help for the girls.  He is taking this very seriously and will be talking to the children services about this.  The problem is that he wants his girls to have their mother so much, and it breaks his heart to have all this happening.

I live close to everyone, we are close knit but we respect each other's space.  We all have major issues.  My father also has cancer (slow moving) and major heart issues. Ans his diabetese is out of whack.

So yeah, I have a full plate.  But I'm able to compartementalize, I know have zootherapy going and I'm looking for a psychologist to help me through the rest.  I have some friends but they are dealing with a lot as well.  But this forum is a tremendous help to me.  Thanks to all of you!

Lovendures, LalaBella, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@bright-opal, I sense you are helping the girls more than you know.  You are a loving, stable force in their lives.  Speaking from my personal experience growing up, that goes a long way.  I am a senior, and even now I vividly remember those people who provided that love and stability back then.

Love and blessings to you.

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@brightopal

I know several veterinarians personally and one of my children worked as a vet tech. She was often asked to help the pet owners through the trauma of being part  of the process of lowing a beloved pet cross the rainbow bridge after passing.

She was also part of the presenting to the owner, a special momento in honor of their pet. She spent as much time as needed listening to their grief and stories about their pet and helping them know that little one lives on in their hearts .  Perhaps, as one way to honor your loss, you might gift yourself with a little momento that reminds you of that little companion. 

One of the things vets often share and that I always do with my friends is to simply suggest that I have found that anytime you are ready to love another pet and be comforted by them as a companion, is a good time to let another little one into your heart.

Many people get new pets as soon as they see one they love and find it doesn't lessen their love and memories of the one that has passed but reminds them that love never ends and gets stronger and stronger the more we share it with others.

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@grayson

HI Grayson, I actually responded to part of your question in the Introduction to Tarot Section of the Forum  here wondering what kind of cards you use. I would love to chat with you about that and about anything else on the forum ? You touched my heart to the point I couldn't sleep without thinking of you last night because I have felt and felt like you at various times in my life.  I hope you will have the time to respond since I'm truly interested. Sending you love & light!

PS: I'm a Pisces and used to read for people on a line many years ago. I gave it up because I lost my "ability" after my dear friend/'sister' passed away in 2011 who was my mentor... I actually stopped meditating and doing the line. Cards then were only used to help me feel things over the phone for others but I never memorized their meanings the way expert tarot readers do. I'm trying to do them now and get back into it.

Michele and Michele reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@triciact

This brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful suggestion and way to connect. Sure hope you take her up on this @grayson 

Sharing of interests and special gifts  between any of us is the perfect thing to share!

Love to you both and all who connect with this thread ?

TriciaCT and TriciaCT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

@michele-b-here-in-the-forum

Thank you Michele.  I do ask Buddy to help me with Too-ti Luv.  I had never had a bird before Buddy and must admit I was taken aback by how taken I was with this little thing.  Budgies may be small animals but they sure take a huge place in your heart.

The breeder told me it would take about a week to get Too-ti to eat from my hand, and to be patient with him coming to perch on my finger.  Within one hour, He was on my shoulder, going everywhere in the appartment with me, the same day he began to eat treats in my hand.  So Buddy is there with us, guiding us to get to know each other.  I really believe Buddy was thankful to no longer be in pain.

TriciaCT, Unk p, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@bright-opal

Oh, Bright Opal,

That is awesome! We've had canaries, one robin, and one crow. 

Budgies are so tiny and so precious. It's obvious that Buddy and Too-ti are indeed connected and so are you.

I just love this!

TriciaCT, Sophie, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@ratbum

I'm sorry to hear that. Two of my brothers have lymphedema and they use compression garments and self-massage at home. My only experience with it was after need replacement, and the therapist used massage only. There's wonderful support groups online and there are lots of sites that sell really cool compression garments that don't look like you are wearing a garment.

Michele, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@bright-opal

It really sounds like you are a bright light in your nieces lives.  How fortunate your brother and these girls are and you them.  

If I may add one more suggestion, baking/cooking together.  Cookies, cakes, simple mini pizzas, soups or easy foods from scratch, not mixes.   My kids loved baking.  They eventually made creative dinners and sauces and side dishes on their own as they grew.   Even today when my college/ young adult  kids start stressing, they want to bake.  They also want to bake when they are happy.

Baking together creates memories, builds skills and when not done under a time pressure is fun.  Perhaps make some fall desserts and decorate them.  Gingerbread houses in winter.  Have a pancake bar with pancakes they help make ( make shapes, flowers, animals, happy faces, heck any kind of face since you can talk about feelings while making them if they want).    Whipped cream, fruit and candy toppings.  They can be totally creative.  It could be a breakfast for dinner theme too.  Pj's and pancakes for dinner.  Have a night where the food theme is green or red or orange and there has to be that color somewhere in each food item or every food has to begin with the same letter of the alphabet (C=  Chinese chicken, chickpea, cabbage, cinnamon cookies, citrus, chocolate, cantaloupe cream of broccoli soup etc...)  Invite a grandparent over to help create the memory if they are well enough.  They will appreciate building that memory with the girls as well.  Take photos.  Create a multi generational "cookbook" for that cooking night. They can look at the book next time they are over.   Memories to reflect upon for years to come.  

OMG!  Now I want to come over too!  Ha ha ha!

I think I need to invite my young adult kids over for a alphabet letter dinner night with each person creating a letter dish.  Who says you have to be a child?

Michele, TriciaCT, Coyote and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

Cooking is definately something to explore together.  The youngest has deadly allergies to milk sesame, milk and other baking products.  So taking our family recepees and experimenting with them, replacing some ingredients with others could be fun. We have had reverse dinners (starting with desserts) was vry popular.

TriciaCT, Lovendures, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

California is a large state.  Currently there are fires burning from N. California to S. California and everything in between.  I have friends  who have dealt with evacuations in both locations of the state this week.

Early this morning a new fire broke out near the Getty Center in Los Angeles. The college I graduated from was evacuated in the wee hours of the morning.  The Mt. St. Mary's University Chalon campus is located on top of a mountain just above the Getty Center.  There is basically one way to get to the campus, up a single road through a neighborhood of homes. Through pitch black smoke after being roused by their resident assistants, 450 resident students had to walk down that road, many still  in PJ's, where they were met by waiting ambulances to evacuate them to shelter.  Those who were lucky, were able to grab their backpacks, computers and a few necessities. The threat of fire has always been a concern for that campus but so much more so as the state has dealt with years of drought.  This October's Santa Ana Winds have been fierce.

I heard a local news station report that some of the classroom buildings have been burnt.  I am aware that at least 12 structures have been lost from the fire, many of them homes.  There is still a convent  located above the campus and I have no idea how they faired.  

I have multiple friends dealing with California wildfire evacuations this past  week.  Some in N. California, some in S California.  If you can hold  those dealing with this crisis in love, ( people, animals, wildlife etc)   it would be appreciated.  

Additionally, I have a friend who told me how the area she lives in Tennessee was hammered by the remnants of Olga.  Major flooding, roads blocks, people isolated and major damage.

Mother Earth is speaking. Loudly. 

Thanks.

TriciaCT, PamP, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures

I just moved here from Monterey, and watching the fires is just heartbreaking. So much of this is a result of PGE's poor maintenance of their lines. And to see the Getty Fire when I have friends who live down there, as well as those scattered in the north - it's so sad.

Lilinoe, Lovendures, Lilinoe and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

I need a little TLC right now myself. There's a Worker's Comp hearing 11/4 in Salinas to determine I'm even entitled to survivor's benefits and it may not be going well due to a lawyer who's trying to say I'm not entitled to anything. I've been told this is standard. Our lawyer (me, my 2 stepkids) says that's nonsense. I just really want all this to be over, and frankly, I need the money. I want to get my GIS certificate so I need a car and tuition by sometime in December. The WC attorney for the other side is holding up even the insurance payments that have been agreed to. My lawyer is a stickler for the law and the regulations, but the opposition (basically my husband's employer's lawyer) is acting like a dbag. He's even annoying the young woman who was responsible for my husband's death, but it really, truly was a freak accident and I'm actually upset her as well. She's going to carry the memory of the accident for the rest of her life, and she doesn't need that jerk adding to her problems. At least my expenses in Boise are minimal since I'm staying with my brother. 

Gah. 

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Will keep good thoughts for fast resolution, PamP

PamP, TriciaCT, PamP and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@pamp

I am very sorry you are going through all of this turmoil Pam. May the resolution happen quickly for your benefit.  May you be able to have your classes and car very soon too.  I am sure it is difficult enough to be navigating all of these changes in your life without needing to go through lawyers and the mercy of the judicial system. It isn't fair that they payments are being help up either. 

May the next few months be filled with light and peace as you move forward towards your goals.

Lilinoe, PamP, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 23 / 106
Share: