Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures

@laura-f

Thanks! I think this situation will be resolved, probably by December, because my lawyer said she's more than willing to take this to the Superior Court and listed the precidents in our favor in her letter. I think I just needed to vent. Our lawyer figuratively beat up their lawyer, which is why I think they changed tactics and they are now going after the driver's insurance award. I don't think they stand a chance. 

Pacosurfer, Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@stardancer, thank you for posting, my friend.  I thought about you last night -- honestly, you entered my mind.  I wondered how you were doing.  

Yes, the grief.  I believe that for many of us such anger -- hatred, even -- masks indescribable sorrow and pain.  I know that for me, that rage gives me a false sense of power -- it's crazy, I know, but sometimes I just don't know what to do with my grief.

When you describe walking among and talking to the trees, I felt a sense of lightness surrounding my heart.   Soft and quiet.  Thank you.

BlueBelle, lenor, herondreams and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)
Honorable Member Registered

@deetoo

Hi Deetoo,

Thanks so much for thinking of me. I know I have been quiet for the last several months. I was in pain unable to adequately express what I was feeling. I had a companion dog. His name was Ben. I got Lyme’s in 2005 and it wasn’t diagnosed until 2009. Ben came into my life in 2006. He kept me awake, assisted me up the stairs among other things. He was a yellow lab, but I really think he was a wonderful little boy wearing a puppy suit. He was the most gentle, loving creature I have had the opportunity to be in relationship with. Ben’s health began to fail about 5 months ago. I so hoped he would just fall asleep and pass when the time came, but it didn’t happen that way. A few weeks ago we took him to our veterinarian to be euthanized. The entire process was so painful. A process similar to what many who join us in this forum have experienced. We buried his ashes in our garden and planted a dogwood tree there in memory of him. 

We have another yellow lab. Her name is Birdie. She loved Ben. They slept together and Ben would routinely pick up 2 toys and take one over to her. We keep her busy during the day, but she misses him at night and cries. She picked up a toy for the first time since Ben died the other day.

i know the grief will pass but I really miss him. 

Didn't expect to be writing about it in the forum, maybe it was time.

Thank you for your friendship, Deetoo. ❤️

*Lv2utherz/8=

lenor, Lawrence, Lilinoe and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@stardancer

my heart goes out to you - losing a pet is devastating. Someone once told me - don't be sad they're gone, be glad they were here. I'm sure his life with you was wonderful. You'll meet again.

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@stardancer

I am so sorry on the loss of your companion and helper dog Ben.  He sounds like a sweet boy and I am sure you miss him tremendously.  Our animals are family members.

Tiger-n-Owl, lenor, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)

@suspira44

Thank you for your kind words, suspira. I am sad that he is gone and glad he was here. So much of life is “both/and”, isn’t it. Not certain if I will see him again, yet I believe God loves all of creation. However he works that all out in the future it will be ok. Many of us have a bit of a different take on what happens after death, yet we love and respect each other. What’s most important to me is that it will be a better place for all of us.

It means so much that you extended your love to me. Thank you, friend.

Tiger-n-Owl, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)

@lovendures

Oh thanks, lovendures. They are family, aren’t they. So it makes perfect sense that we grieve the loss of their physical presence for a season. I know the grief will pass and what will remain is wonderful memories. You stated my sentiment perfectly, he was a sweet boy. He loved everyone, even people who didn’t like dogs. Never chased or barked at another animal. We even had a neighborhood garter snake  we named Wilbur who would occasionally slither over and sun himself beside Ben in the yard. I really got a kick out of that, I mean if we can find peace and be at rest next to a snake..there’s gotta be a lesson there somewhere. ☺️

Like your name..Love Endures. 

Tiger-n-Owl, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@stardancer, I am so sorry for the loss of your furry companion, Ben.   I can feel his gentle, sweet spirit; he makes me smile.  You were blessed to travel this life road together.  The love you share is a sacred bond that can never be broken.

How lovely to plant a dogwood tree in Ben’s honor, and to bury his ashes under it.  Besides being beautiful, the dogwood flower is a symbol of rebirth and resurrection. 

I am surrounding you and Birdie with love.  Take care of yourself, my friend.

ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)

@deetoo

Hi Deetoo,

Thanks Deetoo. What a beautiful message..a sacred bond that we shared..oh Deetoo, that is so meaningful! Thank you, warms my heart.

I wasn’t aware that the dogwood flower was a symbol for rebirth and resurrection. Thanks for letting me know, I’ll remember that.

Amazing journey we are on, even in the midst of all the yuck and brokenness we encounter love and light breaks through the darkness. 

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Stardancer,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  All dogs are wonderful creatures, but some touch us in extra special ways.  I hope your memories of Ben and his kind, gentle spirit will always be a blessing to you.

Hugs across the universe.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@stardancer

I can feel your devastation and I want to surround you with love. Thank you for your beautiful contributions here, including what you wrote about walking in the forest. I felt the forest from you in a way I haven't before. 

I sense your dear little friend watches over you.  It is so hard to lose a furry friend. They are such high vibrational beings and we are so honored to have them near. I hope you can feel everyone's love here surrounding you.

BlueBelle, Tiger-n-Owl, lenor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@stardancer

My heartfelt sympathy to you. I lost my best doggie years ago named Ibbles and I still miss him. He was like a child to me so I know they are not just pets to us. Definitely more like family. ? ? ? 

Tiger-n-Owl, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

@stardancer I too am sorry for your loss.  I have lost four kitties in my adult life and I like you wished everytime that they would just go to sleep peacefully.  Never happened  I just imagined they wanted me with them soI could have a good long cry and start the greiving process.  I don't believe they ever leave us.  One of the things I hated when I sold my  condo to buy my house was that I wouldn't see my Clancey anymoew.  (typo but I'm not going to correct)  I used to see a shadow walk into the dining room and I knew it was her.  When my Izzybelle died two years ago, at the ripe old age of 23, I missed her  so much.  She was my last (as far as I know) girl kitty.  Every once in a while I catch a  gray shadow in the hall.   That's my girl.  I can feel her then.  

I am so sick of Dump and the rest of the crew that Iwon't even turn on the TV anymore!  I can't wait for all the political ads to be  over.  I am worried about the coming governore election here in  Ky but our  state is so screwed up I don't thnk it matters anymore.  As for Dump, he just seemsto get more  andmore despirate.  By next year I totally expect him to be insane.  I just hope that the Reps he is bribing to help him out in the impeachment process are voted out next election like they deserve!   I believe  everyone of these buffons careers will be  ruined and their reputations in  taters except with the White Supremist clans.  They will pay for their loyalty to the emporer.  

Tiger-n-Owl, Jeanne Mayell, Baba and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)

@jeanne-mayell

I can feel the love surrounding me. Thank you.. 

So much love expressed here. I’m grateful!

Tiger-n-Owl, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)

@triciact

You are right, tricia, they are family. I can understand why you continue to miss Ibbles, loss is hard.

Thanks for your love and support. ❤️

Tiger-n-Owl, Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)

@yogagirl

Hi there yogagirl! It’s great hearing from you, I remember posting with you several months ago and really felt a connection. Seeing your message brought a huge smile to my face.

Thanks for sharing about your kitty kids and I’m so glad you didn’t make the correction..loved it!

i get it with locking out of the news cycle. I do watch Rachel and Lawrence. Also caught Colbert last night because Nancy Pelosi was on. She was awesome! It was really good and if you are interested could catch it on YouTube. We are going to remain focused on the Constitution as we proceed through this impeachment inquiry. Sounds good to me!

So what are the polls showing in Ky? Like you, I hope they all go down. I’m in Wisconsin and although we voted in a dem for governor Walker pulled a fast one on his way out and they do their best to sabotage Evers efforts at every turn. Then we have Johnson and he is not up for re-election. Where I live is about 95% Trumps Ville. For awhile I was engaged in conversation challenging the lies, but the last time I did it was when someone in my bible study said there wasn’t a separation between church and state. I thought my hair was going to catch on fire! I’m not able to maintain not getting furious and engage in conversations where I live. I stopped going to my small group because it would take me several days to recover. So, right now I dialog with God in the forest and pour my heart out. I go online and dialog with people who view Scripture as a narrative that moves us forward and find there are some really bright, loving people available who love and care for all people. 

It feels as if we are at a crossroad. We will find out over the coming year if the experiment that our founders provided us will hold or if the United States will no longer be a democracy. Causes me to feel angry, sad and lonely at times. 

Well, I’m going on and on...

i want you to know how much I appreciate your message and inviting me into a conversation, yogagirl! Blessings to you, my friend. Hope to talk with you again, soon. ❤️

BlueBelle, Tiger-n-Owl, Sophie and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)

@rosieheart

Your message really touched my heart! You described Ben in the most fitting way. Not a mean bone in his body, I learned so much from him. 

Thanks for the hug from across the universe. I love that and feel fully embraced! I’ll carry that hug with me. ?

Tiger-n-Owl, Jeanne Mayell, Lawrence and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

It is so hard to lose a furry friend. They are such high vibrational beings and we are so honored to have them near.  

@jeanne-mayell, Does this mean that if we raise our vibrations too much, we have to greet others by sniffing them in inappropriate places? 

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

@stardancer, sorry for your loss. I'm not making light-I've had my fair share of losses. Just found it never hurts to have something make us smile.

deetoo, Coyote, Tiger-n-Owl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Illustrious Member Registered

Me again. Tomorrow I go into Boston for an MRI scan of my head and neck to check up on the various tumors I have hangin' out in my central nervous system. On Saturday I head back for another MRI of my spine. I've been getting my brain/neck scanned twice a year and my spine scanned at least once a year since I was 8 years old, so I'm very used to MRIs. But they can be rather isolating, especially now that I'm in the grown-up stage of my journey with NF2. First I'm lying in a dark tube for hours while I'm bombarded by zapping/popping/machine gun sounds, and then I have to wait several weeks to see my neurologist, all the while wondering if he'll have any bombshells to drop when we finally meet (or worse, whether he will unexpectedly call me with emergency news). But I figured I can make the experience less isolating by sharing with more people what I'll be dealing with this week, particularly people of a spiritual bent. So any healing thoughts are appreciated.

I've recently started combining meditation with internal imagery, so at least one difference this time around will be that as I'm in the dark, I will be focusing on the image of my tumors shriveling up and exiting my body with each out-breath. I've decided that one of my goals is to eventually post on this forum that my tumors actually shrank.

Michele, TriciaCT, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@coyote

I will keep you in my thoughts and meditation this week.  You are so courageous.❤️

Michele, deetoo, Lilinoe and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 24 / 106
Share: