Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

(@stargazer)
Illustrious Member Registered

@journeywithme2

Bless your heart, as they say there.in your neck of the woods, journey ???

And those chicken n dumplings are good medicine for everyone!

Share, JourneyWithMe2, polarberry and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Journey,

I know hurricanes aren't a laughing matter, but when you mentioned your animals, I went to sleep thinking about dogs and storms.

I've never experienced a hurricane, thankfully, but we get horrific wind and thunder/lightning storms. Our largest dog, who is not only a big girl but a big baby, senses them coming and FREAKS out. She's 120 pounds and would climb up your leg like a tree limb if she could. We have a thundershirt for her. She looks ridiculous in it because she's so big and I don't think it helps much. I swear she would crawl inside the microwave if she could. ? 

Stay safe. 

Share, TriciaCT, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@polarberry  Thanks! Yeah... my little old girl weighs 13 lbs soaking wet and is 15 years old. The last of a pack with the seniors being a 128 lb yellow lab and a 148 lb Newfie/Chow mix. As a pup she used to attack and bite the Newfie x's tail and he would go out the dog door with her dangling from his tail like a pearl LOL. Sadly she learned to fear storms and gunshots from these big guys (long story) and tho they are all gone across the Rainbow Bridge ahead of her.. she honors their memory with her terrors. Thankfully her meds were on board before the shaking, panting and keening were coming on. It is actually a beautiful day here today.

@stargazer .. You made me laugh... "Bless your heart " has many interpretations based on intonation and facial expressions ROTFL. Thank you so much!!! and yes.. that is my signature dish and it was enjoyed by all that partook of it. I told them.. I can't make your power come back on... I can't make people be kind and stop being ugly to each other.. but.. I can make you an elixir of love and caring cooked in to a bowl of a classic Southern comfort food. and so I did. :-)

Clean up has begun around the state and more and more people are getting their power back. Some..have suffered more than others as always ... sadly.. several voting places were effected an d closed today too. Tomorrow? is our last day of early voting.. prayers that those who wish to vote early make it to do it tomorrow.

FEBbby23, Share, Baba and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

@journeywithme2 I'm so glad to hear you're okay. Zeta really came out of nowhere, it seems.

FEBbby23, TriciaCT, Stargazer and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@saibh  hugs and thank you... I know all the prayers from here were covering me and angels watched over me.

FEBbby23, TriciaCT, Stargazer and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nelysthealchemist)
Prominent Member Registered

I don’t even know where to begin. I am beside myself right now. My brother and sister-in-law went to the hospital on 10/28 because my sister in law was in labor. This baby was such a miracle for them- they had a hard time getting pregnant and wanted so badly to be parents. They have had everything ready for her- her nursery, postpartum plans, even her name (Emma). The labor had been very difficult- lots of back labor and it was not progressing so she was given an epidural. Still not enough progress so they broke her water and upped her epidural to help her get some rest. My brother was messaging me last night- he was so worried about his wife and the baby, and I told him that they would be ok. I couldn’t bring myself to tell him the baby would be ok, for some reason. I had a bad feeling about it but it seemed like bad things rarely happen. Anyway, things still weren’t progressing enough and a vacuum was used. That didn’t work so they gave her a c-section. The baby didn’t make it because they used a vacuum for too long and they are directly responsible for my poor little niece’s death. My sister in law is also in bad shape, with suspected preeclampsia, but I feel she will recover physically at least. Even if they want to get pregnant again, who knows what challenges they’ll be presented with (not that it matters right now). I feel sick. I keep crying and nothing is enough to make this horrible grief go away. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know how to help- this death was preventable and should never have happened. If there had been something wrong with the baby, it would make sense. For the doctor’s incompetence to have killed my niece is unfathomable. They say these things happen for a reason, but there’s no reason for this. It’s so cruel. My poor brother. My poor sister in law. My poor niece. The nicest, kindest people who have done everything right, and this happens. This horrible, terrible loss. Sorry if this post is a jumble but I just need to get it out.

nori, FEBbby23, ghandigirl and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

@nelysthealchemist I am deeply sorry sounds inadequate but your grief is palpable and I am deeply sorry for this horrific loss. Love, light, and healing for all of you. ?

Stargazer, Vesta, Stargazer and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@nelysthealchemist

Oh my goodness. I am so so sorry for this horrific loss. I will also sending love and light to you all for healing. There are no words.

Vesta and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@shawn)
Noble Member Registered

@nelysthealchemist My heart breaks for your brother & sister in law. I can tell you are also in anguish. I have no words to make the pain cease but to tell you I am praying for you & your family ? 

Vesta and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@nelysthealchemist Oh dear, I am so sorry for you and your brother and sister in law's loss. This is so hard. Sending healing for all of you.  Sending love and more love to you all. Calling all light workers and angels to your family's side. We cannot know why these terrible things happen.  We can only surround you with love.

ghandigirl, theungamer, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@shawn)
Noble Member Registered

I have not been on much lately, but I have been reading your posts. Baba I am so glad you & your family are ok after the accident and Coyote you are in my thoughts as well. I have said silent prayers for other members as they expressed their obstacles and heart aches. Sending much love to all who need it ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Please VOTE! We are our own way out of this orange nightmare. VOTE ? 

ghandigirl, Coyote, Vesta and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

@nelysthealchemist I’m so sorry for you and your family’s loss. I am sending all of you light and comfort and will keep you in my prayers. 

Vesta and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@nelysthealchemist

oh my God! I’m so sorry! I can’t imagine all the grief there must be!

i don’t know if using a vacuum is common, but it definitely doesn’t sound like a good way to help deliver a baby!!!
No words will take away everyone’s pain.. Just horrific!

Anita

Vesta and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@nelysthealchemist I am heartbroken for all of you. This helps explain the procedure: https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/risks-vacuum-assisted-delivery

I am so sad that they let her suffer so long and then .. did not go straight to c-section for the preeclampsia. I know.... we weren't there.. we don't know all that went in to the making the care decisions her Ob-gyn and team made and can not second guess.

It is just crushing and heartbreaking all around.  Prayers, condolences and holding space for all as you work through this grief and pain and sorrow. So , so, very sorry.

Vesta and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nelysthealchemist)
Prominent Member Registered

@journeywithme2 thank you (and everyone) for your words of comfort and support. Unfortunately, this is also shaping up to be a medical malpractice situation. She was given morphine and extended drugs which prolonged her labor because the ward was full and they couldn’t provide all of the patients with the care they needed, so there was negligence in the first place. They made her push for 4 hours and used a vacuum extractor 4 times, which is likely what killed the baby. Then, they tried to do an emergency c-section but of course it was too late by then. She is now being treated with anti-seizure meds and blood pressure meds because she has eclampsia and she is not out of danger. I’m terrified that she may not survive or will have long term physical damage. I couldn’t really do anything so I called a lawyer re:medical malpractice so that my family has the information- this will unfortunately have to be acted on quickly. No one at the hospital even talked to them until about an hour ago, and all of this took place early this morning. I feel sick and numb at the same time somehow. I’m working on my breathing but it’s a challenge. Everyone’s messages are so helpful to me. Exactly what I need right now. <3

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@nelysthealchemist. We are with you, friend.

ReplyQuote
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

@nelysthealchemist my heart aches for you, your sister and her husband.  I’m so sorry this painful event happened and I’m not sure what to say to bring any comfort during these difficult times.  I am sending abundance of healing prayers and will visualize to hold your sisters’ hand in this time of need.  Please take care of yourself since your sister will need a lot of love and support.  Hugs to you my friend.  So sorry.

share the love and light  

earthangel, JourneyWithMe2, earthangel and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@nelysthealchemist

Absolutely heartbreaking news.  

Right now the important thing is your SIL.   May she heal physically and emotionally.  May she know she is loved and held in love and healing light.

Your SIL  deserved excellent care.  I certainly hope she is getting it  now.

May your brother  and SIL  grow stronger together and find a path forward bathed in light and comforting love together. 

Love being sent to you also. I can feel your love for them and your pain in your words.

Share and Share reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@nelysthealchemist, I am so very sorry for you and your family's pain and loss.  I am sending you all love and healing prayers.  Please take good care of yourself.  

Share and Share reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@nelysthealchemist  prayers going up 24/7 for the next 30 days via Silent Unity and me.

Share and Share reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 102 / 106
Share: