Notifications
Clear all

Whoa! Weird Weather, Heat Events and Storms

(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

California fires are intense. Air quality is purple in some areas. 0 containment in the LNU lightening strike fires. Offshore wind is picking up which will lower temp but raise the wind.

Let it Rain.

fmabon, Rohenna, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

2 different storm systems might hit the US on the SAME DAY as Tropical Storms/ Hurricanes next week.  That is extremely rare.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/video/two-landfalls-on-same-day-possible-on-same-day

Rohenna, CC21, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@dolphinspirit and @lovendures I'm hitting "like" to thank you for posting but not because this is good.  Just want to say that. 

Rohenna, Unk p, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures

Yes, I've been following those storm systems since they started to be tracked by the National Hurricane Center. There's been so much tension this hurricane season, that at this point I'm saying "let em' rip already." I'm not wishing hurricanes to wreak havoc. But since highly destructive tropical storms are already baked into the long-term forecast of a warming world, I figure I'd rather them to start making landfall now so that we as a collective can start integrating the lessons they have to teach (even if one zeroes in on Eastern New England, where I live).

I guess this psychology is similar to how a man condemned to death may start yearning for execution day...

fmabon, CC21, fmabon and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

@dolphinspirit and @lovendures I'm hitting "like" to thank you for posting but not because this is good.  Just want to say that. 

That’s how I think of like too. An acknowledgment. Thanks for clarifying.

ReplyQuote
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @coyote

@lovendures

Yes, I've been following those storm systems since they started to be tracked by the National Hurricane Center. There's been so much tension this hurricane season, that at this point I'm saying "let em' rip already." I'm not wishing hurricanes to wreak havoc. But since highly destructive tropical storms are already baked into the long-term forecast of a warming world, I figure I'd rather them to start making landfall now so that we as a collective can start integrating the lessons they have to teach (even if one zeroes in on Eastern New England, where I live).

I guess this psychology is similar to how a man condemned to death may start yearning for execution day...

I have the same thing for storms, earthquakes and tsunami’s. I set the energy for as much ease as possible and if wake up calls are sounded, let them be heard. It feels some change is possible. And then I let it go and allow. 

One can only hold that kind of pressure for so long.

CC21, Coyote, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

The streak of the NONsoon is finally over. 

Tonight's monsoon is making up for lost time. Might need to get out some buckets and bail out my side yard soon.  

LalaBella, CC21, Avon and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@lovendures @coyote i was watching the local news here in Houston this morning, and the forecast showed BOTH hurricanes headed for us, and due to hit at the exact SAME TIME.  I just had to laugh, because WTeverlovinH!?!  Wish i would have taken a picture of the teevee screen.

But it got me to wondering what would happen if they *did* do that?  Would the two storms cancel each other out? Do two negatives make a positive, even though two wrongs don't make a right?  Would we find ourselves on both the "clean" side, and the "dirty" side of the storm, simultaneously?

jsr78, ghandigirl, JourneyWithMe2 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@unk-p

Posted by: @unk-p

Would the two storms cancel each other out? Do two negatives make a positive, even though two wrongs don't make a right?  Would we find ourselves on both the "clean" side, and the "dirty" side of the storm, simultaneously?

What if they have a pissing match and stall, waiting for the other to weaken...?

Being on the clean and dirty side...OMG!  I don't want that to happen, but it is truly fascinating isn't it?  Just not when it is coming your way.  Well, anybody's way.

JourneyWithMe2, CC21, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@lovendures @unk-p @coyote @dolphinspirit

I haven't been on the forum for a few days and just posted in the Atlantic Hurricanes thread about these two storms that you all have been talking about recently. See you have been discussing here as well! 

I just saw that TD13 is now Tropical Storm Laura and that would make TD14 Marco. A few of us did some Tarot readings in the other thread if you haven't seen or are curious about what we found. Definitely a couple of storms to watch.

deetoo, Unk p, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

Phoenix has had 46 days of 110 + degree weather this year and is on track to have 50 days by the end of the week.  The previous record was 33 days back in July 2011.   

This year, the record hasn't just fallen, it has been obliterated.  There has been one real day of a monsoon and 2 others which have produced tiny amounts of water where I live.

This year is shockingly unusual in a very bad way.

ghandigirl, deetoo, ghandigirl and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

More  synchronicity. Hurricane Laura is number 13, a number I have always liked but that some cultures regard as unlucky, and in general I'm unlucky.

ghandigirl, JourneyWithMe2, ghandigirl and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@laura-f

Laura.  My favorite tv and literary character was Laura.  I wanted to be Laura.  Laura Ingalls.

Laura,  a wonderful person and core member of our community, as mighty as a hurricane.

Unk p, ghandigirl, LalaBella and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

@polarberry Oh my goodness we have SO MANY GRASSHOPPERS. I have never seen so many in my life. Bizarre.

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

Also, my husband's quote of the day:

"Well, we didn't make it to NOLA for our anniversary in April, but it looks like you'll be heading there now!"

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@laura-f

Haha, very funny!  Think of all the cities you will be visiting this week.

Unk p, FEBbby23, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Posted by: @lovendures

@laura-f

Haha, very funny!  Think of all the cities you will be visiting this week.

Houston here.  Love ya,Laura, but we have got to stop meeting this way!

LalaBella, Michele, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@unk-p

I have thought of the names every time a hurricane is in the news--who do I know with that name?  Then send lots of love and prayers to all of them.  So all the Lauras and all the Marcos and so on.

@Laura-f : keep your energies calm today and as long as the "other Laura" is around. We are all connected use yours to send love and healing. At any level, even a small one, we can all help with our energies and with our emotions.

All healing by each of us starts with each of ourselves and how we are and what we send out into the world for Mother Earth and all of her spiritual devas (trees, flower, mineral, faeries and all other forms of essence).

What we do and how we are in the collective and collectively hurts, inflames and even creates the violence, dis-ease, and the destruction that materializes in the physical realm 

Keep all of our energies at their highest and best and most prayerful--ie. peaceful and meditative and totally mindful.

Today and everyday and on this forum too. Our world and all of its beings are a reflection of us and part of our creation.

Filling you up with love, Laura, as we do all love you and I'm sure the comments from friends and family have no doubt been coming in over the other Laura using your name ?

Lovendures, ghandigirl, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@michele-b

Thanks. Certainly brings new meaning to the phrase "I AM the storm."

You have reminded me to check in with the other Lauras - for some reason San Diego CA is one of only 2 places I've ever been where I know multiple Lauras (growing up I only knew 2, and one of them was the woman I was named after).

@unk-p

I'll do my best not to tarry...

ghandigirl, Michele, ghandigirl and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

Dang!  We in the Phoenix area will again hit 110 plus this weekend but LA is going to be hotter.  115 for Labor Day.  INSANE!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/02/weather/california-west-heat-wave-trnd/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_content=2020-09-03T07%3A00%3A37&fbclid=IwAR2VocPVZGNPNmtrVohVkhQR0p4Vl_wZJmokl7ThnxmxK6HKy2IDc1tx1eA

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: