Post Hall of Fame -...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Post Hall of Fame - Posts we want to remember

(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

Thank you Coyote.

I want to say how grateful I am to be able to share my visions and observations here without fear of judgement. 

As someone who grapples with mental illness I am reluctant to share my ...self...with others, even those who are close friends for fear of rejection or misunderstandings.

It is a gift to me, personally, to have all of you to share these things with.

lenor, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

From @lovendures in response to one of us feeling bad for getting mad at some relatives:

@dannyboy 

You are human.  

You also are kind, compassionate, caring, intelligent, willing to grow, appreciate wisdom,  can think logically and act in love.  You seek truth and honesty.  You also can consider a larger picture and the impact for the greater good. 

Perhaps there will come a day when your family can get to that place  also. 

In the meantime keep following your path and continue making the world better than you have found it.  You can't control how your family acts and what they believe. You can however keep your own light shining and growing.  You do that so well already Dannyboy.

You will weather this storm.  What branches you may lose in the storms you face will simply tell part of your life story.  You ultimately get to define how you live that life.  The water from the storm will help revitalize you.  The sun which comes out afterword can help you grow new and stronger branches and beautiful fresh green leaves which will grow to new heights. .  You can let your roots hug the soil and ground you in the richness of Mother Earth and let it feed your soul. 

You many notice along the way, the shade you provide to others on hot afternoons, the food your offer to the animals, the home give to birds and chipmunks. 

One tree can impact many.  Some people will walk through a forest and never notice the individual trees living within.  What a loss for them.

I notice that you are a beautiful strong and giving tree and we are all the more fortunate for my friend. -- Lovendures

Lauren, FEBbby23, Lovendures and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

From the Great @Frank (who never disappoints) when I asked about how we get at the truth of the Covid studies or of anything: 

"@jeanne-mayell It's interesting you bring this up.  The most recent issue of MIT's Technology Review is dedicated to exploring the science of the brain and the mind. One article concerns the way our brains use what our senses perceive in order to create our sense of reality. One quote from a scientist really stuck with me.  He basically says that our perception is really a series of hallucinations constructed by our brain and that when enough of us all agree on the hallucination then that is what we call truth. 

I find that fascinating because it so closely describes what's going on in society today with everyone constantly fighting over what is true.  Subgroups of society are basically creating their own truth/reality based on what information they allow themselves to receive.

It also calls to mind the spiritual concept of manifestation or that we can change our own reality by changing what we focus on.

I get the paper version of the magazine but I found a link to the online article (behind a paywall) here:

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/08/25/1032121/brains-controlled-hallucination /" 

---@frank

Lauren, Baba, Lovendures and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Yet another wonderful post by @Frank. 

To give some background, in the vaccine hesitancy thread @Meliaamal asked how people who proclaim to be light warriors, naturopaths and spiritual people could aline themselves with Trump and conspiracy theorists who fill themselves with fear and  hostility towards fellow humans. She wondered how these two things were reconcilable.

@meliaamal I think the short answer is that these people are still on their journey.  They are in this semi-awakened state where they recognize some truth, but have not come fully out of the delusion of fear. However, that is to be expected... We all are at different points of this journey, for different reasons.  The soul knows no fear and no separation.  One of the main reasons we, as souls, come to this reality is to experience fear and to learn our way back to Love and Unity through that experience.  There are very few persons who have ever really fully realized the end goal of that journey.  Buddha and Jesus both come to mind.  In their cases, they both came here and achieved full Awareness in order help others.  We, however, don't need to be a Jesus or a Buddha in order to help others with their journey. We can help, simply, by sending out a prayer of Love; that each of these individuals learns the lessons they need to learn in order to serve the Greatest and Highest Good. ❤️ 

Lauren, FEBbby23, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Excellent post by @jeanne-mayell under Random Predictions II on understanding how our intuition works, and why it sometimes doesn't:

@baba @seeker4 @bluebelle @deetoo thank you for this discussion. I think about what goes on when we are wrong.  Some people say that means we can't see the future. But we know we can. We have had so many amazing hits, some of them were vivid and detailed too.  Someone predicted the discovery of a new planet and exactly at the right month. That is such a rare event that one reader wrote to me that it made a believer out of him.

So it is worth trying to understand what is happening when we are wrong and then figure out how to handle that the next time. Being wrong is the best teacher. 

In 2007, a client asked about the 2008 election. I did a remote viewing of the Inauguration and saw a black man on the victory platform.

Lesson 1: One reason I believe I could see Obama's victory so far ahead (even before he'd been nominated) was that Obama's victory was one of the biggest historic events in US history. It was a huge splash in the Collective Conscience.  So it was visible as far back as late 2007.  

But it didn't work for 2016 because I refused to believe that T would win. I never saw Hillary win, but I assumed she would win. 

Lesson 2: keep track of what you actually see. I had one vision of T on the Inaugural platform, but I interpreted it to mean he was there only in spirit.

Lesson 3: Interpretation is where we insert our beliefs and our need to believe something. Interpretation is where we can falter. I refused to believe that T would become our president. So I refused to see it. I am not mad at myself one bit about that.  I'd seen the dystopian years coming, but nothing would have prepared me for a monster in the WH. I can't think that dark! And I am glad of that. 

Lesson 4: Decide whether getting a hit is better than pushing for the light.
I choose the light. I'm not going to give power to visions that cause me to give up. Being positive, i.e, seeing the light, is more important to me than doing a parlor trick.  There is always a chance for victory, even when we've seen something dark ahead. And keeping our eyes on the prize is how we get to victory.

Baba, your positive vision likely got more people to the polls than otherwise would have been. Your vision helped me to feel more positive and I was able to rise high enough to send angels to help with the election. We may not have won it, but we won many victories that day and it is love and positivity that got us there.

A week before Virginia, I threw cards and did not like what I saw.  It looked like Youngkin was triumphant and McAuliffe was lonely.  I threw more cards until the scenario switched. (Throwing more cards mucked up any possibility of reading it clearly.) (Lesson 5 - don't keep throwing more cards when you don't like what you see.) But I was concerned. 

I decided not to post anything and instead I focused on sending angels to win the day. I'd rather do my best to make light happen.  Let's keep posting those angelic Messages to Humanity.  Let's continue to be positive and see the light.

I'd rather be positive and not get the hit, than be negative and get the hit. It's just a hit. That's all. 

Lesson 6: Don't overthink it when you are doing visioning.  If you think too much about being right, that thinking will cloud your visions.  We have to meditate, relax, and think mindfully.  We can't get worried that we will be wrong.

Lesson 7: It works best to listen to what spirit wants to tell us rather than forcing spirit into a corner with specific questions. There may be a bigger message than just who wins this or that election. 

Lauren, tybin, Pegesus and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@deetoo Thank you. Am honored. 

Lauren, lenor, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

By @LivingFree2 after the Rittenhouse verdict and the pain it brings to many Americans about our country. Posted 11.19.21 in The Great Turning Part 5

"We're definitely not "goody-two-shoes" here, but we are a community striving to awaken - together.  Matildagirl, I share your dismay about what happened in Wisconsin.  It definitely doesn't feel fair or just but if I give in to these feelings for very long, I'll just be adding more hate to a world that definitely does not need it. 

I'm constantly striving for the balance of keeping my feet very grounded and practical, which includes reacting and acting, while also literally rising above it - with compassion.  I think we can do both. 

I'm not sugar-coating what happened, or just how bad things might get. But still, I want to join with other people who recognize everything broken has to crumble so that we can rebuild something never before seen.  I think this verdict, and all that will come from it, is part of the crumbling.  I think it's going to get worse, as the predictions on this site and elsewhere indicate, but then - then we get to build new. 

I love that we can gather together hurting, and still - hoping. To me, the path forward is to keep our vibrations as high as we can, kind of like the eye of a hurricane. Feeling, expressing those feelings, and then letting them go.  It doesn't have to take long.  I'm grateful for the other people in this forum who encourage me when I feel heavy." --@living-free

Lauren, lenor, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Thanksgiving Day has come and gone this year, but i think Every Day should be a day of thanksgiving.  I just wanted each of you to know how grateful i am for this community, and especially how thankful i am for @jeanne-mayell.  Here is a small taste of why:

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

First, I love TG.  It is my favorite holiday.  I see it as a high holiday that involves gathering with my family and enjoying time together. So happy Thanksgiving to all.  

But I also know that for Native Americans, Thanksgiving is rightly a day of mourning. I believe in knowing the truth. So, I pray that understanding what really happened back then will be best for all.  

There is a young woman in my town who is the granddaughter of a great Wampanoag chief.  This tribe has lived here in Massachusetts, and other parts of New England, for over 10,000 years.  On Thanksgiving Day, they mourn. They are gathering today in Plymouth, Mass to pray for their ancestors who suffered unimaginable atrocities at the hands of the white invaders of their lands. 

I heard her speak the other night on zoom.  She is a beautiful being.  So articulate and kind.  Last year, she helped my town change Columbus Day to Indigenous People's Day, a political battle that I chronicled here in the forum. 

There is no recording of her talk, but I will post the massive reading list she sent out if anyone is interested. I will also share the highlights as I remember them. I bet @coyote also knows a lot of this history and can fill in my omissions and correct my mistakes, since he has worked with this tribe. 

Almost everything we were taught about Thanksgiving Day is a fabrication.  A myth to make it appear that the natives felt good about the pilgrims.  There was a feast in 1621 that occurred because some tribal leaders heard guns going off and walked over to the white colony to see if everything was okay. They ended out staying for a feast. That's it. 

The pilgrims weren't called pilgrims.  They were not fleeing religious oppression.  There had already been bands of them coming here decades before. The group who arrived in 1620 had been trying to get to Virginia but were hopelessly lost. They sailed up and down Cape Cod and finally landed in Provincetown on the tip of the Cape, whereupon they raided some Native gravesites and then got back on their boat.  The "pilgrims" were notorious for kidnapping natives and taking them back to Europ0e and selling them as slaves. 

When this group finally landed in the late fall of 1620, the natives helped them survive the winter. They would have died without the help.  The natives may not have done this out of the goodness of their hearts, although they believed in being thankful everyday for what they had and shared with others.  But they knew that the white man would not stop coming to their land so they were trying to be diplomatic and hoped they could forge peace with them. But as we all know, the whites did all they could to drive them out. They are however still here, and they have a lot to say. People are finally listening, or I wouldn't know a thing about it. 

Plymouth Rock is just some rock some people in Plymouth found in the early 1900's and dragged to a pit where they surrounded it with sand. They thought they could profit from turning it into a tourist attraction. If you think about it, boats will not land on a rock, or they'd crash. The Town of Plymouth saw a marketing opportunity and people still believe it.

There is a rock about the same size on the side of the Massachusetts Turnpike (Interstate 90) as you head east towards Boston.  Someone irreverently painted the words Plymouth Rock on it, which makes us locals double over in laughter when we see it.  Little had I known when I first saw this spoof, that the real Plymouth Rock is just as fake. 

We will enjoy our day together and I will enjoy all the expressions of gratitude that are pouring in. I am especially grateful to have learned the truth of this holiday so I too can send prayers of love and healing to those who mourn today, and thanks that I am finally learning the truth.  

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
                Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."  - John Keats in his poem Ode to a Grecian Urn

Lauren, ghandigirl, lenor and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

A beautiful post by @barry in the Great Turning thread:

https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/postid/52149/

Love, hope, and courage are aspects of the same vibration. They come from the heart. They have to be unconditional to be true expressions of the realm of the heart. You can't say in truth, and from the heart, I will love you if these conditions are met, I will have hope if these conditions are met, I will be courageous if these conditions are met. Please also understand that unconditional love should never be misunderstood as accepting any form of abuse. A sacred bond is broken by abuse and no form of healthy love can exist in that vibration.

Courage begins with the dare to hope.

The heart is the seat of our true self and our interface with the unseen realm of creation and the creator. The heart is a formless knowing of all possibilities. The heart feels and imagines, it dreams. No one dreams in their mind, they dream in their heart. No one feels in their mind, they feel in their heart. We love in our heart. If we attempt love in our mind it's an expression of selfish love, an imposter.

The mind will tell us stories of who we think we are, the heart knows who we truly are. The mind creates labels, and pretends they are knowledge and thus reality. It is the source of judgements, good-bad, and the source of fear. No one has a courageous mind, they have a courageous heart. The mind will tell you nothing is possible because it’s never been done before. In your heart you can feel the endless possibilities.

When it's in balance with the heart, the mind serves to protect. It interfaces with and organizes the input we receive from the physical. When it's given free rein it will rule the heart. It will become selfish and self centered. It will create unwarranted fear and despair of what it doesn't understand. At its worst, it will act on those fears and despair in a selfish, heartless, negative way.

It feels very much to me that the great unravelling is related to our present mind centered existence. Western and industrial civilization has created a way of life dependent solely on the intellect, the mind. Our lifestyle is a construct solely of our mind. Wealth and power are imaginary. Power can be taken and given but where is there a stream to be found that you can fill your bucket with personal power? Power creates nothing on its own, it must enslave others to act on it. It is a distortion of cooperation. One person cannot create power alone, they must coerce other to act in their interest. In cooperation the power created is share equitably. Money is purely manufactured of nothing more than paper, metal, or now even more imaginary - digital 0's and 1's in the ether. If we were to again base it on something rare and precious like gold and silver, we could just as easily base it on something far more valuable such as air. After all, it's what we create it out of now.

The immense challenges we face are a result of what we created using our minds. The mind has enslaved the heart. This is why everything is so highly charged right now. Our mind based fantasies we substituted for a meaningful life are unravelling. We don't understand why but everything seems to be collapsing all around us. Or is it? The intellect is easily fooled and manipulated. Facts are the limits of what our minds can understand at this present moment. Facts of the mind can be distorted. So called "alternative" facts can be created and chosen. Creation is truth, we can argue over its various aspects but it remains what it is regardless of us and our thoughts. The infinite, universal truth is what our heart speaks to, unburdened of the mind. The smarter (the more powerful our intellectual mind) we are, the more difficult this can be to consider. The more our intellect will protest.

An easy way to experience this divide between heart and mind is to spend a week watching television and write down what you have learned and what you know. Then spend a week alone in the forest and sing of what you have learned and what you know. In both cases include what you love and what is truly important to you. Which one manipulates your sense of reality, and which one speaks truth? Spoiler alert - The trees will speak directly to you heart. The TV will speak directly to your mind. This was suggested to me not by a higher source where I normally receive understanding, but by a tree. Certainly not by a tv! Without pausing to reflect, what does your mind think of learning from a tree? What does your heart feel? Maybe you thought it was silly and felt nothing, maybe you intuitively longed to sit under a tree on a warm summer day.

The great turning feels like a turning towards the heart and seeking a re-balance where the mind serves the heart. In our present state, we cannot imagine - in our minds - what that will look like. But if we trust our hearts and act with hope, courage, and love we will continue to learn what is being whispered to us by higher source (and the trees). That it is an unravelling and a turning and not a destruction gives me hope. It will require all our courage to imagine and a build a better world for future generations. We have to start to build the foundations for them to build on.

Unk p, Lauren, Marigold and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@barry)
Reputable Member Registered

Thank you @Frank, its very humbling to be considered in the Hall of Fame! I wish for everyone a coming year that brings new hope to us all!

Lauren, FEBbby23, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@barry totally agree with @frank. In fact I started to put it in the hall of fame because it’s such an exceptional post, then the phone rang and got distracted and did not complete the task. So glad it made its way anyway! 

Lauren, lenor, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@barry)
Reputable Member Registered

Thank you also @jeanne-mayell for the acknowledgement and confirmation! It's comforting that sharing these can contribute to the growing light.

deetoo, Lauren, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@allyn wrote this post a few weeks ago, and several people nominated it for the Hall of Fame.  I agree. 

By our @Allyn on 3/18/22 in the Ukraine thread. 

It must be hard to be a Republican right now.  Basically, Republican is another word for hypocrites.  I consider myself a Christian, and I find it interesting that Jesus denounced the hypocrites in his time at least 53 times (strangely, Jesus doesn't seem to go off on independent women, the poor, the immigrants, the gay/lesbian/transgender community, etc. that Republicans have constantly blamed for all that is wrong in this world.)

It is strange to see Republicans constantly berate Biden (and Obama), yet they screamed how anyone who disagreed with the Afghanistan and Iraq wars were traitors during the Bush years.  Worse, they continue to rally around the man who flaunted his friendship with Putin and actually tried to withhold military aid to Ukraine?  Biden isn't the reason that Putin invaded.  It was Trump and the Republicans, who continue to support Putin by (1) openly praise him (Tucker Carlson, Trump, Marjorie Orr) or half-heartedly condemn him but blame Biden for everything (Graham, McConnell, even Manchin, the traitor to his country and party).  They can't seem to get behind a message to anyone, because one side of their party openly adores Putin while the other side wants to bomb Putin (if only to drag America into another protracted conflict and blame Biden for everything).

I know you must love your brother, and that he must have good qualities that may outshine his poor judgment as to the current situation, just as I have some Republican friends that I care about despite their inability to see the truth of their beliefs.  But many are so far down the rabbit hole that it is impossible to turn back now.  And because this country has become so polarized, it is impossible to hold these traitors accountable by the voting public.

However, many people are neglecting the all-important question.  What do Independents think about Russia and Ukraine?  

In this world of polarization, it is the Independents who hold the power right now.  It was the Independents who swung the election for Biden in 2020, and their power can make a huge impact in the direction our country heads to.

Do Independents see the threat of Russia for what it is?  Will they be reminded that Republicans are the ones responsible for coddling Russia and encouraging threats to all democracies?  Will that fear, if properly messaged, cause them to vote for Democrats in the fall, especially if a case is made that if Republicans get control, they will take aid away from Ukraine and gift the country to Russia?

Sometimes you need something to vote against.  Republicans know that fear will cause people to vote.  I say that now is the time for Democrats to start calling Republicans out and point out all the photo ops, praise, and love that they have given and continue to give Putin.  And if you add the expected dismantlement of Roe v. Wade this summer, the fear of what a Republican controlled government may be what is needed to drive Independents to the polls and finally punish Republicans.  

I live in an extremely red state, so there aren't many independents that I can ask to gauge their opinion, so I am asking my fellow forum members who may live in purple states what they are experiencing where they live.  Will Republicans succeed in flipping the narrative by blaming Biden for everything, or will people wake up to the fact that Republicans are a threat to our freedom and democracy because of their close ties and loyalty to Putin?  Knowing how Independents are leaning will be helpful, especially as we get closer to 2024 and Republicans plan to ask the country to place a certain whining draft-dodger with foot shards in charge of a nation while our world faces a possible nuclear war.

On a positive note, it seems that the people continue to fight Putin and his allies.  Marjorie Greene is now on Anonymous's hit list for her support of Putin, and Putin himself apparently can't get through one rally without technical issues when a "glitch" cut him off mid-statement today.  Methinks that Putin should call in a few favors from Trump.  Perhaps Trump can appear at his rallies and take his supporters over to Russia with him.  At the very least, when Russia eventually defaults, Trump can help Putin with declaring bankruptcy.

Unk p, deetoo, 2ndfdl and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)

@jeanne-mayell 

(Allyn walks up on stage in a dress that makes her look 20 pounds smaller to make up for the pounds that TV adds in order to accept her award)

*Sniff*  "I am so surprised!  I didn't have a speech prepared!  But I'll keep this short, because I see Will Smith walking up the stage, and I don't want my make-up smudged!"

Ha ha!  But seriously, I want to thank you all for putting up with my overly long rants over the years.  You have no idea how healing it is for someone like me to find a healthy support group that fills me with hope that one day tomorrow will be better than today, as well as remind me to clutch the light tightly when darkness threatens to swallow me whole.

And I don't mean just sadness either.  Sometimes I feel such rage at people when I observe them basically bullying others.  I don't know what it is, but it is one of my biggest (if not THE BIGGEST) pet peeve.  It is often so tempting to exchange insult for insult.  To wish for karma or justice to come calling and give these people the punishment they deserve.  Admittingly, I am not a very forgiving person.  I have a long fuse, but once certain lines are crossed, it is very difficult for me to forgive.  And after seeing what has happened over the last few years, people like Cruz, Greene, Trump, Putin, etc. make my blood boil because their very behavior is, in my humble opinion, bullying.  Further, the state I live in, Tennessee, is slowly but surely devolving under Republican rule to a version of Gilead.  (Not only does Tennessee have one of the worst anti-abortion laws waiting for the day that Roe v. Wade is overturned, but a recent bill in Tennessee that defines marriage also gets rid of age requirements for marriage, which opens up the possibility of child marriage [aka-young girls married off to men for rape that is under the guise of "marriage"]).

But you guys have helped so much.  Not only have you all reassured me that my ideas about life are not unorthodox (aka-the idea that women are people and not baby-making machines, that genders and races are all equal, etc.), but you remind me that eventually justice will occur, and I only need to be a little more patient.  Ok, a lot more patient!  

I also feel better when I post here, because you are all actual good, honest human beings who help me keep the right perspective.  Thank you Jeanne for having this website and to everyone on this forum.  

FEBbby23, deetoo, MtGal99 and 31 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pegesus)
Noble Member Registered

@allyn I love reading your posts...and appreciate your perspective. I'm in your same "red boat" and it's a challenge some days to stay positive but as you said...this place really helps to keep our hearts and spirits going in the right direction.

FEBbby23, deetoo, Maggieci and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I would like to nominate another Hall of Fame post, not to be funny, but this is a great post.  By @Allyn. It is her Hall of Fame award acceptance speech, which not only cracked me up, but also goes to the heart of what we are doing here. Allyn, thank you!

(Allyn walks up on stage in a dress that makes her look 20 pounds smaller to make up for the pounds that TV adds in order to accept her award)

*Sniff*  "I am so surprised!  I didn't have a speech prepared!  But I'll keep this short, because I see Will Smith walking up the stage, and I don't want my make-up smudged!"

Ha ha!  But seriously, I want to thank you all for putting up with my overly long rants over the years.  You have no idea how healing it is for someone like me to find a healthy support group that fills me with hope that one day tomorrow will be better than today, as well as remind me to clutch the light tightly when darkness threatens to swallow me whole.

And I don't mean just sadness either.  Sometimes I feel such rage at people when I observe them basically bullying others.  I don't know what it is, but it is one of my biggest (if not THE BIGGEST) pet peeve.  It is often so tempting to exchange insult for insult.  To wish for karma or justice to come calling and give these people the punishment they deserve.  Admittingly, I am not a very forgiving person.  I have a long fuse, but once certain lines are crossed, it is very difficult for me to forgive.  And after seeing what has happened over the last few years, people like Cruz, Greene, Trump, Putin, etc. make my blood boil because their very behavior is, in my humble opinion, bullying.  Further, the state I live in, Tennessee, is slowly but surely devolving under Republican rule to a version of Gilead.  (Not only does Tennessee have one of the worst anti-abortion laws waiting for the day that Roe v. Wade is overturned, but a recent bill in Tennessee that defines marriage also gets rid of age requirements for marriage, which opens up the possibility of child marriage [aka-young girls married off to men for rape that is under the guise of "marriage"]).

But you guys have helped so much.  Not only have you all reassured me that my ideas about life are not unorthodox (aka-the idea that women are people and not baby-making machines, that genders and races are all equal, etc.), but you remind me that eventually justice will occur, and I only need to be a little more patient.  Ok, a lot more patient!  

I also feel better when I post here, because you are all actual good, honest human beings who help me keep the right perspective.  Thank you Jeanne for having this website and to everyone on this forum. 

@allyn @bluebelle @lovendures @deetoo @unkp @cc21 @baba

ghandigirl, Unk p, Seeker4 and 37 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@jeanne-mayell @allyn  Allyn, you are a breath of fresh air on this site and I always appreciate your thoughtful posts about politics, the law, life in the south and living through this period of a fractured America.  

I’ve lived over half my life in the Southeast and have always had a deep love of that region and the people.  Yet today everything feels different.  I can’t enjoy Southern history without reflecting on slavery, racism and all the darkness that underlies the beauty.  I see the institutional racism that permeates the culture.  I can’t respect the evangelical movement any more because of the politicized leadership and values that reject people of other faiths, genders or ethnicity.  Maybe it’s not the South that has changed.  Maybe my perceptions have changed.

I don’t know many truly independent voters.  I know independents who consistently vote blue and some who only vote red.  One independent I know in SC watches Fox every single day and believes in all kinds of conspiracy theories and right wing propaganda.  She claims to be an independent because she works on the local election board and wants to be perceived as fair minded.  

Seeker4, CC21, deetoo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

This is the first Hall of Fame post that is a reading. @Bluebelle has expressed the essence of spiritual grace for us all:

"This was my message from spirit in meditation yesterday:

"Be positive about the future. Know that you are watched over and that higher powers are involved, in Ukraine, in Russia, in Europe, in the U.S. Higher powers are watching the world. They see the striving of people to be free. They see the oppressive governments that will all eventually fail. They see the cruelty and the pain. They see the love. They see the potential for your world. The people who practice love are the ones who lead the way into the future.  Breathe deep. A better world is coming."

Later when I wrote to her about her post, she privately told me"

"That meditation/channel download actually started with another sentence that I omitted: 'Good things are worth waiting for, whether it’s justice or a home being built. It’s all a process, but the process gets the job done. Everything will work out . Don’t worry.' I had omitted it because I thought it was personal.  However, looking back at this meditation, I realize the date of the meditation was one day before the leak of the Supreme Court decision. I think that’s significant and that justice is worth waiting for in that case, but also in the January 6th commission work and the DOJ investigations. We are waiting on justice in so many areas of American life."

@deetoo @lovendures @cc21 @vestralux @baba @coyote

Grace, Unk p, MMA and 41 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

From @Lovendures on 5/12/22 who wrote to @Freya who needed our prayers but felt her need wasn’t as important as another’s. 

Dear Freya, 

You know a wonderful thing about prayers?  We can always make room for more.  

Your timing might even be a blessing for there are many who were tagged about Coyote and came to this thread and in the process, they can now offer an additional prayer for you as well.  

You are SO worth a prayer

ghandigirl, Maggieci, Lovendures and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

From @cindy this heartfelt and important post about the Texas shooting and the aftermath. Thank you Cindy for your important words and. your beautiful, beautiful sharing spirit.

I got dad into rehab last evening, and thought that I'd be able to come & give some thoughts I've had in the last few days. However, I find myself sitting in the ER yet again waiting for a room to open up for them to see dad. Pardon me if I ramble or otherwise don't express myself well. Also, try to ignore my typos. 

As I cried the other night hearing the news, yes I was transported back in time. The situation may be different,  but the anguish of a group  of parents worried about the fate of their children is all too familiar. As I thought of those children,  I naturally thought of Monica & clearly heard/ felt "We are here helping them". The children's lives here are gone, but they are transitioning with help of like souls.  

For those who can't grasp why, or who are looking for comfort because they can't understand ( @unk-p, @dannyboy, @lovendures, @sistetmoon, @raincloud, @journeywithme2. & all those I've missed given my circumstances) maybe I can give a little comfort from my experience. 

Nothing will justify or make "right" what happened to these children or their teachers. Nothing will fill their loss. But I can tell you from my experience I have come to believe Monica & I made a pact that she'd sacrifice herself & I'd become an advocate on her behalf. Things had to change. There were many advocates before me,  but only some progress was made. Significant progress was made (some at a snails pace) after Monica's crash. 

We have many issues currently. Radical politicians, gun issues,  power trips, and the list goes on & on. Every past shooting wasn't the  tipping point. Every past plane crash wasn't the tipping point, until one finally was. The tipping point will be reached. I can't say for certain this one is it, but if not we're close. 

This year I was contacted by the editor of the high school paper of Monica's school. She had contacted me in advance of publishing a memorial to the students lost in the crash before she & her classmates were even born. Most weren't even born prior to the completion of the town memorial. She knew all of Monica's social beliefs,  and acknowledged that Monica was light years ahead of the thinking of this rural TFG loving enclave. Still, she fought to get clubs (like friends of LGBTQ) estsblished in spite of push-back from some. She's class president, valedictorian, editor of the paper,  etc. Her post about this tragic incident was to remind her fellow students that they have spent their entire school careers doing active shooter drills. They are becoming voters & they CAN/ WILL influence the future. 

Women's rights are being assaulted,  gun violence continues, and some crave to roll back the clock to hold onto power. Look in the mirror,  can any of us really stop or roll back time? Neither can they. Progress will come. People will persevere to overturn what is no longer working. 

It is painful to be part v of the cogs of change. I know this without a doubt. But Monica always finds ways of letting me know it was her choice,  and it was worth it for both of souls. This was meant to be our journey for the benefit of others, painful as it was for all. 

Hang in there folks- pain is part of injury. But it is also a sign of healing. 

ghandigirl, Grace, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 8
Share: