Notifications
Clear all

Glimpses beyond the Veil-Apparitions and Unexplained Phenomena

Rose
(@susan-daisy)
Reputable Member Registered

Several weeks ago, I was home alone and thought I saw a man standing in my guest bedroom.  I could not see his face but distinctly remembered his complexion (light skinned black male).  I quickly dismissed it and went about my day. I never mention stuff like this to anyone because it only freaks them out.  So within these weeks, a relative, 2 friends, and a co-workers father passed away.  All of them fit the description, approximately same height, and complexion of the man I saw in that room.

Isabelle, FEBbby23, blackandwhite and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

I am not clairaudient. Today though I was thinking about a work situation and weighing options while listening to music. During a quick instrumental break I clearly heard a female voice say, "It will be okay." 

Isabelle, Lovendures, Vesta and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

@ghandigirl ... they come through anyway they need to ... you heard them... call it what you need to. You heard them🎧🎼💜☺️ It IS gonna be ok.

Unk p, Lovendures, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

I debated on whether to put this in the Dreams thread or here. It's not a prophetic dream, so here seems a little more on point (glimpses beyond the veil). 

As I've noted in the forum elsewhere, last month my ex passed. I've also noted that I believe that we had at least one other lifetime together (centuries ago). 

In the last week, Rob was in my dreams. While I've had other passed individuals in my dreams, they usually come by to just peek in, say hi, tell me they love me, boost my spirits, give me hope, etc. It used to irritate me when he'd crop up in my dreams when he was alive. He was the past, and I'd gotten over it and moved on. The last time was exactly 6 months to the day before his death. I've told you all of seeing Monica so clearly in that dream, and totally ignored the fact that her father was there (I blew right past him like he wasn't even there), as my interaction with Monica was a true soul connection that overshadowed everything else. 

In last week's dream, I saw the ex talking to a man I don't know. He was telling this fellow about a time he was unfaithful, that in the end it was ok, that he and I remained friends afterward. I piped up and corrected the ex. No, it wasn't ok, it was hurtful, a betrayal, and we didn't remain friends in the end. The ex looked shocked. I was feeling the same pain in the dream as I had at the time I discovered his infidelity. The fellow with Rob made him look at me. For the first time, I believe he finally realized the actual pain he caused. He looked shocked. 

I couldn't shake the negative feelings for days afterward, and wondered to myself why I'd have such a dream. I realize that with his death, old issues may resurface, but this didn't seem like the answer. It didn't feel right. Then yesterday, as I was writing here to mtgal about the loss of her sister, it became so clear. Have any of you seen the movie Defending Your Life with Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep? Funny movie, which both my ex and I liked, but I digress. I came to the understanding that the dream was like the movie. The ex was working with someone on the other side, looking at his life here, and that guide bringing Rob into my dreams and letting him experience my actual pain first hand was a way of showing him the effects of his actions, which he apparently had still been glossing over. Maybe reviewing it on Memorex just hadn't been doing the trick? 

I had never imagined before that tapping into our dreams would be a way that the other side could educate or enlighten those there, but that conclusion felt right. It settled the unease I'd had for days over the dream. I think the other side sent my grandfather to check on me last night as a result. Or maybe it was a consolation gift, since I recalled Rob's visit and had been disturbed by it? That grandfather died when I was little, so there was no major connection, and he didn't talk to me in last night's dream, nor did I feel much during the dream. I just found it interesting, as it is the first time I've seen him since he passed over half a century ago. The more we experience, the more we learn there is so much more out there than we are aware of, it's fascinating. 

Unk p, Maggieci, Freya and 10 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@cindy 

Thank you for sharing such an interesting experience with us.  How fascinating that your ex- may have been given this opportunity to reflect upon his life an HEAR truly how it impacted you.  I love that idea.  I also like the idea your grandfather visited with you for the first time recently.

Jeanne Mayell, Freya, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@Jeanne, other forum members, have you heard of this sort phenomenon?

Tonight at my investment club meeting, an intelligent, down-to-earth friend who has not been involved in any intuitive, psychic, or other worldly woo woo, told us of an experience she had Monday night.

Her story was this:

"On Sunday night I worked on my computer in my home office and left it charging on the desk. On Monday, I went into the office to do some work but my computer wasn't there. Thinking that I must have forgotten that I unplugged it to take it to another room, I looked around the house but not finding it, I went back to the office, past the empty desk top, to look in other spots. When I turned back around toward the desk, the computer now sat on the desk plugged in."  She said that the atmosphere was rippling which she demonstrated by slowly waving her arms.

What do you think? I have never heard of someone stepping in and out of a parallel universe but that is one explanation that comes to mind.

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, CC21 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@lovendures You found it interesting that a few weeks ago, my grandfather came into my dreams for the first time in half a century. I hadn't thought of this previously, but now I realize there are probably other reasons as well. I got my knickers in a twist over the summer. I'd seen one too many 1776 flags flying around town. These flags are not from folks who are entitled to claim such associations. I chose to dig out my mother's genealogy research and apply to the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution). I can place relatives in church with Franklin, Washington, Adams, Betsy Ross. My 5th great-grandfather was one of the first US Navy Captains in this country's history, having resigned from the Philadelphia Militia in August 1776 and being transferred to command his first ship by April. I've just gotten word that the patriot that I submitted was previously verified by another descendant, so my paperwork is moving to the National Review board. These are the ancestors of the grandfather who was just recently in my dreams. I guess he wasn't just here to check on me after the disturbing dream, but to acknowledge that I was documenting his (and my mother's) heritage permanently.

Jeanne Mayell, Vesta, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: