Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Debates

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

The purpose of this topic is to discuss the different Presidential/VIce Presidential debates in one easy locatable  place. 

@Jeanne Mayell has called us to action in the Baths of Light Thread, we all can help.

Presidential Debates TONIGHT Wherever you are SEND POSITiVE ENERGY TO BIDEN. CALLING ALL LIGHT WORKERS!! 6 pm PT; 9 pm ET SEND BIDEN STRENGTH and POSITIVE LIGHT to SHINE into the Darkness WITH LOVE, STRENGTH, POWER TO BRING THIS COUNTRY BACK TO WHOLENESS. FILL THAT HALL at Case Western Reserve with LIGHT! TRUTH! HONESTY! LOVE!

I Call on the light to flow through him tonight, to radiate from him to fill the airwaves with goodness, truth, love, and to awaken and inspire our whole country to hold him up as a beacon of light for all of us; all women, all men, all people of every race, and age including immigrants, and also animals, and our forests, lakes, oceans and whole earth.

Jeans3head, polarberry, deetoo and 9 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

A friend of mine posted on social media about how she was going to eat a Hershey's Miniature bar each time Trump sniffed during the debate. 

After I laughed, I thought for a moment.  Maybe I should play my own game of quarters.  Every time he sniffs I will put a quarter in the pot and then donate it at the end to a Democrat in an important Senate race.  I can do the same for Biden for each time he says "Folks". In the end it will likely cost me the same as a bag of miniatures but without calories.

Michele, lenor, polarberry and 15 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures  don't care about the calories..it's chocolate.. oh wait.. I don't have any.. or any monies either... reckon I'll just add extras rays of Light each time.

TriciaCT, Lovendures, polarberry and 7 people reacted
(@melmystery)
Noble Member Registered

@lovendures

I'll light a candle tonight just before the debate while invoking those words.

TriciaCT, Lovendures, polarberry and 7 people reacted
(@polarberry)

I wonder if Tryarantandboreus Vex will try to stage-stalk Biden like he did to Clinton.

Watch for a nasal snowfall from T.

FEBbby23, deetoo, lenor and 7 people reacted
(@nelysthealchemist)
Prominent Member Registered

Re: tonight’s debate- I feel this weird combination of excitement and sinking dread. I’m afraid if I even have to look at Mano Mussolini I’ll throw up and have to turn it off. Biden gives me hope- I know his son is with him and I’m sending as much light and positivity to him as I possibly can. Buckle your seatbelts! 

TriciaCT, lenor, Isabelle and 11 people reacted
(@mas1581)

Biden destroyed Trump in the debates tonight, but there is a huge problem with that in my eyes. He did so in a way that appeals to the educated, intelligent viewer. To all the low brow undecideds out there, and sadly there are many lowbrow Americans, it was a clear Trump victory. 

Trump played his typical role of schoolyard bully and Biden was the smart nerd who had enough confidence to know the bully will eventually end up in the outhouse while he ends up in the penthouse.  That works beautifully to those who already see thru Trump's BS, but not so much to the people who think Trump is still an alpha male. Those are the people he needs to get thru to. He just ran the debate as he was preaching to the choir.

TriciaCT, lenor, Enkasongwriter and 7 people reacted
(@pookieboy)
Reputable Member Registered

Wow! What a crap show! This election shouldn't even be close. How could anyone vote for Trump? Trump has made this country and its Presidency a complete joke.

Isabelle, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

Well, this wasn't a debate.

This was what it looks like when a grown man, the leader for our nation, acts his Emotional Age and has a complete "me me me" uncontrolled Toddler meltdown.  

Biden even had to tell him to "Shut Up!"

Too bad the debate wasn't on zoom so the moderator could mute Trump. 

This was very disturbing.

Michele, Isabelle, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
(@lowtide)

That was not a debate. That was a disgrace. Everything Trump touches dies, and I think we just saw the death of presidential debates. Disgusting.

TriciaCT, lenor, Share and 7 people reacted
(@polarberry)

Complete shitshow. Biden was looking at T. with disgust combined with disbelief.

Isabelle, TriciaCT, lenor and 7 people reacted
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@mas1581well I don't believe this debate was for his followers, they're not going to change. I think it was for the undecideds.

TriciaCT, lenor, Isabelle and 9 people reacted
(@polarberry)

I feel like asking all so-called undecideds, what appeals to you the most, his narcissism, his ignorance, his lying or his racism?

Isabelle, TriciaCT, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@pookieboy)
Reputable Member Registered

@polarberry He tells it like it is! ? 

TriciaCT, FEBbby23, polarberry and 3 people reacted
(@debbie-m)
Noble Member Registered

I agree with all of you and had to turn it off. I'm not giving anymore attention to the bully. Biden will win. Trump caters to his base who loved how he was but they are outnumbered. I won't be tuning into anymore debates. Trump is done.

TriciaCT, lenor, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
(@laurie)
Estimable Member Registered

I watched the presidential debate tonight. Trump didn't lose the debate, he failed the debate. He did his usual bullying and lying. He didn't debate.

Isabelle, TriciaCT, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@writerjenny)
Noble Member Registered

I think Joy Reid put it best when she said Trump isn't running against Biden, he's running against the election. Thing is, he'll lose against both. Of that I'm certain. What did chill me was his "stand down and stand by" comment to those Proud Boy nut jobs. Not only was it Trump declining to condemn white supremacy, but I saw on Twitter that they (not surprisingly) took it as a call to arms. 

lenor, Isabelle, FEBbby23 and 11 people reacted
(@deetoo)

posted tonight by Steve Schmidt on Twitter:

"Not since @Schwarzenegger starred in Kindergarten Cop have the American people seen someone lose control of the circus more epically than Chris Wallace. He should have turned the microphone off."

Isabelle, lenor, Share and 13 people reacted
(@yofisofi)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @lowtide

That was not a debate. That was a disgrace. Everything Trump touches dies, and I think we just saw the death of presidential debates. Disgusting.

I think this may have been intentional on Trump's part. He was sabotaging the debate, preventing Biden from speaking his message at every turn, and hogging the microphone himself, so that Trump's heavily indoctrinated base would not have the opportunity to hear what Biden has to say, nor to get to know Biden the man and the leader. Trump wants to control what his base hears and sees on these topics. He would look weak if he said no to a debate, so his solution to this dilemma was sabotage.

Moonbeam, Vesta, MtGal99 and 17 people reacted
(@yofisofi)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @polarberry

I feel like asking all so-called undecideds, what appeals to you the most, his narcissism, his ignorance, his lying or his racism?

Just saw a great quote that seems relevant here:

"Trump allows people to express their racism and bigotry in a way that they haven't been able to in quite a while, and they really love him for that. It's a shocking thing to realize that people love their hatred more than they care about their own actual lives." --Fran Lebowitz

I would add that they love their hatred more than they care about their own families' lives also -- those of their children, elderly parents and grandparents, brothers and sisters, spouses.... How awful is that???

Vesta, lenor, 2ndfdl and 9 people reacted
Page 1 / 6
Share: