The Impeachment of ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Impeachment of Donald Trump

(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Posted by: @mas1581

@rosieheart

Holy crap is right. He just added a new name to the coverup. Lindsey Graham just got blown up in that letter and no one had connected him yet.

Actually Salon had the scoop on this yesterday. 

What I keep coming back to are the visions of protests and such. If the Senate found him guilty, why would some here have seen protests on his way out? I still think the fat lady is just warming up. She hasn't taken the stage just yet. 

And if the Senate does what we think it will do, there will be more conspirators to be taken down with the head clown. We'll be seeing how many clowns in DC will fit into the VW on it's way out of town. 

lenor, Baba, Lilinoe and 17 people reacted
(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered

Hey, Trump kept his promise. He said he'd drain the swamp and sure as shit he is, just now how everyone expected him to

lenor, Baba, TriciaCT and 17 people reacted
(@5leafclover)
Noble Member Participant

@rosieheart

Thank you for this information. This letter from Parnas' attorney helps to explain why The GOP senate wants to keep the witnesses silent. It isn't just about protecting Trump. They are also trying to protect a large number of prominent Republicans both in public office and not.

lenor, Baba, Lilinoe and 15 people reacted
(@polarberry)

Under July 2020 predictions-

"Lindsay Graham quits Congress."  (Baba) Predicted June 6, 2019

lenor, Marley, Baba and 15 people reacted
(@jackofhearts)
Noble Member Registered

@mas1581

I agree with you MAS, I have always said he drains the swamp by causing it to overflow.  

On the TV right now, there is a small GOP group that looks quite happy at the bottom of the screen - and all I can think of is the saying "careful what you wish for."   During the election, now every GOP member has to deal with their Achilles heel.  Not something I would want as the steady drip becomes a flow.

Meanwhile a few posts, back someone mentioned being tired of small victories.  Remember history shows small victories win the war.  

You all have been incredibly positive, keep that energy!

lenor, Baba, Lilinoe and 13 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  
Posted by: @cindy
Posted by: @mas1581

@rosieheart

Holy crap is right. He just added a new name to the coverup. Lindsey Graham just got blown up in that letter and no one had connected him yet.

Actually Salon had the scoop on this yesterday. 

What I keep coming back to are the visions of protests and such. If the Senate found him guilty, why would some here have seen protests on his way out? I still think the fat lady is just warming up. She hasn't taken the stage just yet. 

And if the Senate does what we think it will do, there will be more conspirators to be taken down with the head clown. We'll be seeing how many clowns in DC will fit into the VW on it's way out of town. 

Just ...wow!

Love what you posted Cindy and love what MAS1581 said.

(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

I just want to remind people of something.  If my reflections is correct, our community has consistently predicted big things happening with Trump, not so much in January/Feburary, but in the March/ April time frame and again in June,  

Beware the Ids of March.

We have a good track record!  So much can happen between now and then.  So many people in the know who have been on the fence might decide it is time to speak up.  Then there are the NY courts. to look toward.  Lastly, there will be many independent and non-trump republican voters who will want to vote for democracy in Nov. 

It isn't over.

lenor, Baba, Lilinoe and 23 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

I am staying off tv news media and will only read it a little this weekend.  I don't want to get sucked into all of the energy out there right now. 

I will instead   focus on my family, my home, de-clutter a bit and go be with nature for awhile.  

lenor, Michele, Baba and 21 people reacted
(@polarberry)

@lovendures

YES.  And I apologize for the defeatist tone of my earlier post.  I was just so angry and frustrated at the brazen corruption of these criminals and traitors.  It isn't over.

Baba, Lilinoe, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@jeanne-mayell @lovendures

Thanks for spotting the hit!! ❤️ ? ❤️ ? ? 

Baba, Lilinoe, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
(@laura-f)

@lovendures

"Beware the Ids of March" - LMAO

I know you meant IDES of March, but since A Clodwork Orange is all ID, I'll take it!!!

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, Unk p and 11 people reacted
(@laura-f)

I think we all need a weekend off - just don't focus on this stuff for the next 2 days.

THEN

On Monday - time to hit the phones. Call Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler and your Reps. Tell them you want MORE investigations MORE articles of impeachment. Tell them to KEEP IMPEACHING and not stop til Cheetolini either strokes out or goes away. Tell them to look into all the Senators who are clearly not just complicit, but caught up in throwing the Constitution down the Toilet of History.

(@vestralux)

Posted by: @michele-b

...Those energies run more then deep. They are an intrinsic part of all of us. Fawn away dear V as I do in my heart now for all of you who are part of the energies greater than all our sums combined.

@michele-b, You are such a good human. Thank you for being our spiritual cheerleader, uplifter, and general reminder-er of what's still true and right in the world. ❤️ 

Also, your story about the poem being read at a friend's funeral brought tears to my eyes. Sometimes grief is a terrible, beautiful thing. 

@codyroo, I feel you too. And like @raindrop (whose words to you were so beautiful), I want you to know that I and so many others here are holding space for you, and for all of us, in all those moments when the fear and disappointment and fury risks damage to our capacity for hopefulness.

Justice will come.

In fact, as troubling as it is that the GOP-dominant senate wants to acquit T (and as dangerous as things may get when they do), this may actually be the better scenario in the long run.

If T were convicted and removed, the very same Republican power brokers would just install another puppet extremist, a living totem to their core endeavor which is driven by a service-of-self (i.e., subservience to Big Oil, Big Pharma, et al) and win-at-all-costs mentality. 

For real and lasting change to happen, the GOP leadership must show themselves in all their duplicity. They must publicly conduct acts that are so audacious, so indisputably corrupt, that the majority of Americans and the history that's written afterwards can never dispute it, regardless how much spin and "fake news"-ing and faux outrage they muster. Otherwise, they carry on as before.

Let's remember that in Nixon's case, the GOP stood behind him until one-half second before the very end. The fact that they finally rescinded their support of Nixon saved their party. And the animus they felt in the aftermath of his resignation only motivated the GOP to become what they are today.

The good news is this: everything their party has stood for ever since has been broken over the keel of the American conscience. The criminal invasion and occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq (premised on a lie about WMDs)? Check. The torture and indefinite detainment of suspects at Guantanamo? Check. The family separations and caging of children at the border? All of it. We're flooded with an incessant stream of bad news and the voices of far right supporters seem to dominate the public discourse. But the fact is, the majority of Americans do not believe the lie that it's somehow more "patriotic" to be sociopathic war criminals and human rights abusers. Period. 

So, it isn't enough for T to fall. The crooked, decaying machinery that made him possible and continues to protect him has to go with him. And it will. 

lenor, Michele, Baba and 19 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

Ok y'all ~ this sounds so silly in the face of the seriousness of the current circumstances..but.. a childhood refrain popped in my head reading all the updates " S/He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day"  The only thing I can get from that is... make a strategic retreat, gather your troops, strengthen yourself and "gird your loins for battle" and fight like the Green Mountain Boys ... that this is NOT over. I was not surprised but still..disappointed to hear the 51/49 vote...what we KNEW was coming as foretold by Moscow Mitch... I am sad and melancholy ...not defeated... we .....are.....not...defeated!!! Truth and Right still matter... and.. will prevail... I believe this with ever fiber of my being. Hold! Hold! Hold!

lenor, Baba, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
(@vestralux)

@journeywithme2 and @laura-f 

HA! With all that "id" coming in March, we definitely need to be girding our loins. ;)

Another song popped in my brain last night when I saw a news image of T. It was "You Dropped a Bomb on Me." First verse:

You were the girl that changed my world
You were the girl for me
You lit the fuse, I stand accused
You were the first for me
But you turned me out baby (you dropped a bomb on me)

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

The problem with this is that we are teetering towards Oligarchy.  Assuming the upcoming vote follows the Mantra "If it's Orange and Throws Shit, you must Acquit", all sorts of shenanigans can be done to suppress, influence, and outright change votes to the minority party in power.

And this is EXACTLY what will happen.  Their lives outside of incarceration depend upon it.  I have little faith that Chief Justice Potted Plant will do anything on the side of Justice. 

I suppose that is another "little victory".....I didn't say I have NO faith........Did I mention how tired I am of little victories?

lenor, TriciaCT, deetoo and 5 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @laura-f

@lovendures

"Beware the Ids of March" - LMAO

I know you meant IDES of March, but since A Clodwork Orange is all ID, I'll take it!!!

Oops!  Well, laughter is wonderful medicine isn't it?

TriciaCT, VestraLux, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@codyroo

Big hugs... holding space for you.. rest...feel the hurt... let it go. Time to hunker down. I am telling myself this too.

TriciaCT, deetoo, VestraLux and 3 people reacted
(@laura-f)

@Codyroo

I object to the term "teetering". That's done. We are now firmly in an oligarchy that may then slide into outright autocracy.

lenor, deetoo, VestraLux and 3 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@jackofhearts

reminds me of that poem!

"for the want of a nail the shoe was lost,

for the want of a shoe the horse was lost,

for the want of a horse the rider was lost,

for the want of a rider the battle was lost,

for the want of a battle the kingdom was lost,

and all for the want of a horseshoe-nail."

Benjamin Franklin "Poor Richards Almanac"