The Great Turning P...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Great Turning Part 5

(@pegesus)
Noble Member Registered

@allyn Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and expertise on the pardon situation.  And yes....Abrams and Warnock are definitely on my "light and love" list!

PamP, JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
(@pegesus)
Noble Member Registered

@tgraf66 When I watched the first committee hearing one of the moments that really stood out to me was Jared Kushner saying he didn't have time to listen to the concerns (I think he said "whining") of the White House attorneys because he was too busy/focused on getting pardons issued.  

I thought that was a strange thing to admit to the committee.

PamP, FEBbby23, Lauren and 5 people reacted
(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

@pegesus That is an odd thing to admit, but at the same time, TFG gave out hundreds of pardons in his last few weeks, so it could easily have been those that he was working on, not the ones that people think he might have issued.  I am honestly not terribly concerned about this "problem" because I don't think it will be a problem.  Obviously I could be wrong, of course, but I don't feel any further hiccups in the process than I felt before, and I still see it getting to the same place in the end.

PamP, FEBbby23, Lauren and 9 people reacted
(@april)
Noble Member Registered

@allyn 

So the idea of a "pocket pardon" bring up a thought I have been mulling over since the first hearing.

We know that many Republicans trash TFG in private, But they stick to him like a leech in public. After the first hearing, I wondered if Trump has "pardoned" these sitting members of Congress. But has held onto the pardons to ensure their compliance.

But. I would think to be legal, paperwork would have had to be completed before TFG let office. So there should be a record somewhere.

If he did not file the paperwork before he left office, would these actually be real "pardons"? Or just autographs?

PamP, FEBbby23, Lauren and 7 people reacted
(@lyndsayt)
Honorable Member Registered

Hi @sistermoon! I’m not sure if people are necessarily being used as scapegoats. My feeling is that these people flipped early to give evidence and made a deal and the longer you waited to flip, the less likely the deal. If I’m not mistaken this is how these things work. Flip the smaller guys to get to the bigger fish. So those left at the end are the ones that they are going after. I’m not a lawyer by any means so maybe @allyn will have better insight? 

PamP, FEBbby23, Lauren and 7 people reacted
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

@lyndsayt 

Hmmm perhaps, although my question still stands what those who appear to be taking the fall will do as a result of seeing others come away unscathed. For example, Giuliani already began lashing out online yesterday afternoon, although that's really nothing new.

I want to know if they might really try to take others down with them -- of course, that only matters if actual penalties (like jail time) are involved, since we know these people do not mind a little public embarrassment if it provides a cover for their crimes (ie blaming a drunk Giuliani is better than blaming a full-facultied, scheming Giuliani).

PamP, raincloud, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

@allyn   

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/15/barry-loudermilk-tour-photos-security-january-6-attacker

meet my Congressman - who has denied, lied and prevaricated and resisted testifying to the January 6th Committee. Living proof if you give them enough rope they hang themselves.

I only pray it is enough to make people wake up and smell the coffee around here.

We are working hard for Stacey and well as Marcus and Warnock and other good people.

FEBbby23, PamP, Vesta and 9 people reacted
Page 51 / 51
Share: