Stimulus payment in...

Notifications
Clear all

Stimulus payment info

(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Not sure where to put this so move it if you want Jeanne

We were one of many who didn't get the new stimulus payment direct deposited this last week. The status website said unavailable and I'd read that means you need to claim it on your 2020 return and won't get it before then. Im not sure what happened but the status website still says unavailable for us but we got a deposit in our account for the correct amount about an hour ago.

Just wanted to let everyone know since I know many of us are really in need of that money as I sure was. 

Maggieci, PamP, Tiger-n-Owl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @mas1581

Not sure where to put this so move it if you want Jeanne

We were one of many who didn't get the new stimulus payment direct deposited this last week. The status website said unavailable and I'd read that means you need to claim it on your 2020 return and won't get it before then. Im not sure what happened but the status website still says unavailable for us but we got a deposit in our account for the correct amount about an hour ago.

Just wanted to let everyone know since I know many of us are really in need of that money as I sure was. 

Glad you got some help!

We got ours a few days ago.  FWIW. 

I am donating mine to various causes since we aren't in desperate need. 

Tiger-n-Owl, Isabelle, Tiger-n-Owl and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)
Topic starter  

We did that with our first one. It went to Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin foster care program, who we foster thru. This time since my wife and I are without income, its going to the mortgage company. Lol

JourneyWithMe2, Maggieci, Tiger-n-Owl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@mas1581 I received a pre-paid VISA card for mine. Naturally, there are all sorts of fees unless you use it at approved sites and locations. Even checking the balance of the card to see how much the stimulus payment was .25! Even in a crisis, our government can't help finding ways to help corporations make a buck. 

TriciaCT, Maggieci, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)
Topic starter  

@pamp

Prepaid cards are way too much of a pain in the butt for me. Not only cant you pay most bills, but getting cash costs money and has limits, and there's always like $2 left on them that you never spend. 

TriciaCT, JourneyWithMe2, Maggieci and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@mas1581 When I lived in another state, I used to get unemployment benefits on a VISA prepaid card.  We were allowed two no-fee transactions per week (benefits were issued per week). Every time it was reloaded, I went to the bank and used one of my free transactions to do a "cash advance" and transfer every dime to my bank account.  Never had a problem with transaction fees.

Vesta and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)
Topic starter  

@tgraf66

If thats the case, its not that bad. Every one I've seen forces you to get cash from an atm

ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@mas1581 If it's a Visa or MC debit card, any bank can process it as a cash advance.  You just have to know exactly - to the penny - how much is on there, subtract any transaction fees that may apply, and request the advance for that final amount.

TriciaCT and TriciaCT reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: