Impeachment Round 2

Notifications
Clear all

Impeachment Round 2

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

I thought I would create this thread because so much is going on right now it will be easier to find and discuss a stand alone thread.

I threw a card for to get a feeling for how the nation would be feeling tomorrow with the start of the impeachment round 2.  I consider myself a student with much to still learn regarding Tarot.  

I used the Thoth deck and drew the 8 of swords.   I take this to mean the House will either pass the impeachment tomorrow ( or really soon) and/or during the trial process more negative things  will be revealed.  Bad for Trump and his supporters. Betrayal of our country.  No shock here.

@Jeanne-mayell told me that she also threw a card on tomorrow and suggested I post it as well.

Jeanne got the Empress— "Pelosi the Matriarch puts her foot down and impeaches him." 

Additionally I threw 2 other cards.  One for the 19th and one for the 20th.

For the 19th I got the Aeon-  We are evaluating what happened and wondering what will happen regarding Trump supporters in near future, wondering what will happen to the country on the 20th, the near future and the not so near future.  End of the Trump time causes deep thought. Going deep within ourselves.  Lots of questions to ponder.

For the 20th I got Peace -  That was a surprise.  A more peaceful day than we thought.  Healing for the country begins.  Peace being mentioned in speech or things are said that can bring about peace.  Peace is on our minds. We must work toward peace.

So, it would seem like we are moving forward as a nation. 

PamP, Maggieci, CC21 and 35 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures

Thank you so much for providing us with the new thread your reading about our nation starting tomorrow.  I love the fact you received the Peace card for the date of the inauguration! ? 

PamP, Maggieci, Lovendures and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Sam
(@sam)
Noble Member Registered

Honestly, I really don't care if impeachment goes through (it will), I want to see an actual conviction. Otherwise to me this whole thing is moot. 

PamP, 2ndfdl, JourneyWithMe2 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@14mamajo)
Reputable Member Registered

I don’t care either, but what concerns me is that Trump can run again in 2024 and bring chaos again, will he run again? Will he be convicted? 

PamP, JourneyWithMe2, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@billy-mike)
Noble Member Registered

@darren292 I think he will be dead by 2024.  His health appears precarious.

PamP, PracticalNihilist, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@triciact

I loved seeing the peace card too.  I am hopeful it means a more peaceful transition than it would appear right now.  

I have listened to a short part of the impeachment hearing underway right now. Hard to stomach the anger being spewed in the house right now. 

Sigh. It is just such a sad and painful day. 

PamP, JourneyWithMe2, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jsr78)
Famed Member Registered

I keep on thinking of Captain America Winter soldier, with Steve fighting Hydra in my head. 

PamP, JourneyWithMe2, Maggieci and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@sam McConnel re-iterated today that despite his suggestion that he supports impeachment, he will not re-convene the Senate before the 19th.  He seriously needs to go.

PamP, jsr78, JourneyWithMe2 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Sam
(@sam)
Noble Member Registered

@tgraf66 This is why I said I'll believe it when I see it. He wants it both ways. I really do believe he wants to convict Trump in the Senate but will hold out to duck behind Schumer when he become Majority Leader.... I just can't anymore. 

PamP, blackandwhite, JourneyWithMe2 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@sam I've said the same, here and other places, that I'd believe it when I saw it.  If he doesn't re-convene, he does get it both ways.  He gets to say he supported it, but that the D's didn't do it in a timely fashion so his hands were tied.  And that is exactly what Mitch "always blame someone else for my screwups" McConnell wants.

PamP, JourneyWithMe2, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@lovendures

The whole thing is sad, sad that there are those in our government and in our country who want to either destroy people because of some crazy conspiracies they believe, or because they value power and money more than anyone or anything else.  Sad that the truth about Trumpus and his enablers is blatantly obvious yet they still want to deny it.

Remember when Superman was the most popular TV show and movie? People all wanted "Truth, Justice and the American Way"?! 

There was a time I used to be proud to be an American. I was proud of our democracy and how people could join and unite even if they were from a different part of the country or part of a different political party.

I was on the phone with the assistant to the President of the company I work for. She said to me during a conversation about her former home that she rented "Well with everything going on in Georgia now I'm glad I don't live there."  I said nothing to that because I knew the only thing "going on" was the fact that Warnock and Ossoff won the senate seats. I changed the subject and felt sad that she felt this way.  An intelligent woman who has seen a lot would actually think it or say this out loud to me made me sad.

I'm so glad we've been doing the meditations and sending healing love and light to our nation and all of us too. This is a pivotal moment in our country and in the future of our entire planet.

JourneyWithMe2, lenor, Isabelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Sam
(@sam)
Noble Member Registered

Something I just thought of, Ossoff and Warnock won't be sworn before Jan 20 after Georgia certifies the runoff. Not sure if that matters or not, but I mean, it might be better to have them vote when it counts. If the Senate fast tracked this, Loeffler would vote since Perdue's term expired. 

Or maybe I need a break, I am getting into the weeds lmao. 

PamP, JourneyWithMe2, lenor and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@sam I think you do have a valid concern, but given that the State of Georgia has until January 22 to formally certify the vote, it's possible that they wouldn't even be seated until after such a trial had begun, in which case I'm not certain that they would be seated until that has been concluded.

My concern with McConnell's refusal to re-convene the Senate until at least the 19th is that if the trial is not started until after the Orange One is out of office by statute, it's possible that there may be a reasonable argument not to have the trial at all since he would not longer be the sitting POTUS and therefore the outcome (removal) would be moot.  I would speculate - and I am nowhere near being an attorney of any kind, much less a Constitutional one, so this is purely speculation on my part - that if the trial is not conducted, any attempt to prevent him from running again in the future would also be jeopardized.

My reasoning for the above is that if the Senate or Congress as a whole were to attempt to pass legislation to prevent him from holding office again with no Senate trial, it would likely - in the strictest interpretation of the Big C - be challenged and struck down. As I mentioned elsewhere on here, there is a Constitutional prohibition against bills of attainder: legislated punishments targeted at a specific person in the absence of a trial or conviction. In this case, therefore, no trial = no conviction = no punishment of any kind.

I will reiterate that I am not a lawyer, but to me, logic seems to dictate that outcome.

jsr78, JourneyWithMe2, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

IMPEACHED AGAIN!

https://www.cnn.com/

Lovendures, JourneyWithMe2, lenor and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

@triciact

i watched the debate and vote on C-Span. Even though everyone knew what the outcome would be, the history of the moment was undeniable. 

TriciaCT, jsr78, Lovendures and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

In celebration(?) or at least, acknowledgement of today - a new Danny Boy Limerick:

His impeachment count now stands at two

But what’s the poor traitor to do?

He’ll yell into space

The only darn place

That can hear him, his bans are so true.

MMA, ghandigirl, Lovendures and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)

I think differently about the Senate trial. Even if it is months later, the trial could be a way for the true corruption and conspiracy between t* , the involved legislators and law enforcement can come to light.  By then many of the bad actors will have spilled the beans, (facing 20 years in jail loosens lips )and actual proof to t*’s part will be exposed. Now he said they were just words and not a call to action. The words will be exposed to their true meaning. Also right now, the FBI and other law enforcement are just beginning to piece this together. The investigation is in its infancy and too many puzzle pieces are yet to be connected.  Insurgents are still being identified and rounded up.  After the interrogators are through with them, the connection to t****  will be definite. Right now he was impeached for inciting but I believe we will see the day he may charged (or exposed) as the head and architect of this conspiracy. He can be charged for any criminal acts after he leaves office, and I don’t believe he can self-pardon. Even though he will be out of office, it may open the eyes of some of his followers (the ones with a half a brain) as to just how corrupt he is.  And forever in the future, history and law students will study what happened and he will be judged as the most criminal president in US history. I believe this will happen all in God’s good time.

MMA, theungamer, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

@darren292

It is my belief that he and his family will be in prison long before 2024. There is so much criminality that is yet to be revealed. What the public knows is barely the tip of the iceberg.

Debbie M., JourneyWithMe2, lenor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jsr78)
Famed Member Registered

I want them to get those kids out of ice cages if there are any left and I want them to search the grounds with a fine tooth comb for mass graves. I believe something really bad happened, just a hunch though. 

Lovendures, JourneyWithMe2, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

@lenor

I am beginning to wonder whether they put some kind of "psychotic" in the Trump family soup? If you notice, Tiffany ( a recent Georgetown Law school graduate, no less!) Is now 100% on board... she is looking to buy a Florida residence too so she can join her devil spawn siblings ...

She must have slept through her Constitutional Law classes...

JourneyWithMe2, Vesta, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: