The Unraveling -- D...

Notifications
Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Wait.  If Trump resigns and Pence is not Prez, that would mean Pelosi is next in line...

But I am not sure anyone has actually seen Pelosi as President.  Has anyone?

Thanks Baba.

Timo, TriciaCT, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)
Illustrious Member Registered

@baba

Pretty neat!  Thanks Baba!

Timo and Timo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)

@baba

Thank you so much! You made my day! 

Timo and Timo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

@lovendures

That is how it happens if both Trump and Pence leave office at the same time. It wont come to fruition, though, because one will resign before the other and a replacement will be named. Assuming they know its coming, Pence will resign and Trump will name another VP, then resign himself, leaving the newly named VP as the President. If Trump resigns first, Pence will be POTUS and name a VP, then leave, again putting the new VP in the oval. Trump and his clan are smart enough here to have Pence resign first and then name Don Jr, Ivanka, or Jared VP and ride out the term guaranteeing full pardons for everyone involved before they can be removed.

TriciaCT, deetoo, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Well if Pence resigns first, The president nominates a VP who then must be confirmed by a majority of BOTH Senate and House.  So, if the House doesn't like who is selected, they will not confirm.  I assume that would be for either way a VP vacancy occurs.  

That would be VERY chaotic, especially during an election year.  I can't even...

TriciaCT, deetoo, Lilinoe and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@Baba Thanks, Baba, for taking that leap of faith and sharing your predictions with us.  Whew, it’s been yet another tough week after another tough week.  You’re right, this October and November are going to be lit!

Jeanne Mayell, Timo, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

Thank you to everyone for the vote of confidence! 

As far as both the pres and vp being removed and leaving a caretaker government in power until the next election, I have gotten a couple of times that this would happen even though logically, it doesn’t seem possible. It was almost as though they put one person from each party in to keep things running. I still have no idea how that would work but thought this might happen if something so awful was uncovered that the current party could not keep the two current occupants in power and a change had to be handled suddenly.

With regard to the whistle blowers, I agree that it could be Dan Coats and his former deputy. What I saw though, was further down the line when it becomes obvious that the situation is no longer tenable and someone who currently is in the admin flips to try to save themself. Someone unexpected who suddenly changes their tune. 

Jeanne Mayell, Timo, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

I was unaware it took both the House and Senate(been a while since civics class for me lol). Knowing that, I dont see how Trump has any threat of impeachment conviction if Pence resigns. There is no way the GOP will hand power to Pelosi, knowing that no GOP candidate will ever get confirmed by the house. Even with the most daunting evidence, you wont see the GOP vote to allow a Dem to take over the WH, nor will Trump resign without a guarantee of a pardon. I know a lot of you predicted Trump being gone and Oence not taking over, but logically I dont see how it could happen unless the bulk of GOP voters turn on him and admit they have been wrong for years now. 

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

I agree, the GOP in place now is definitely not the GP from the 70s.  Although even back then, it took a lot of fact findings to get the GOP to realise how bad things were.  However, I believe an Impeachment enquiry is essential in order to inform the public in time for the next election.  That and for the Dems to have more courage when disrespectful people show up at hearings and laughs at them in their face:  finding them in contempt of congress!!!  That is another sign of the American democracy eroding.  I would encourage everyone to call their congress person and senator to push for that!  The GOP witnesses are breaking the law and the Dems look powerless but they are not.

Lilinoe, jovesta, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

However, I believe an Impeachment enquiry is essential in order to inform the public in time for the next election.  That and for the Dems to have more courage when disrespectful people show up at hearings and laughs at them in their face:  finding them in contempt of congress!!!  

@bright-opal, Yes! and Thank You!  I'd been intending to post something similar, but was feeling so mad that I didn't want to come across sounding too negative.  That Lewandowski hearing really put me over the edge.  What is it with these polite Democrats?  I mean, when Lewandowski was questioned, he did the equivalent of giving Congress the finger and mooning them.  At that point they should have called the Sargeant at Arms and thrown his butt in the pokey.  Thank God for the lawyer who did the final questioning (and who Congress should heavily rely on from now on)!  

This is not the time to be overly cautious; T is pushing beyond the boundaries because he knows that he can.  Plus T. learned from the master -- Roy Cohn.  The Dems don't know how to make enough noise, and they don't have that brazen quality that has made the Reps successful.  I fully appreciate that the Dems don't have control over the Senate, and for that reason, shouldn't be reckless. But the house is burning down, and the Dems are trying to put it out with a garden hose -- with holes in it.  As you stated, Bright Opal, the Dems are NOT powerless. 

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, LalaBella and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Interesting and appreciated Baba! I know I noted in this thread back in June that I saw the Resolute Desk empty-no Rumpus, no Pence and heard the word October given. I'm not sure if that time frame was given as a reference meaning this is when the office will be vacated, or when something happens that is a turning point insuring that it happens. At the time I was just trying to get a feel for what was coming thru August-but I was distinctly given the time frame October.

Rumpus has a way of quitting when things get bad for him. He does so, so that he can claim he was in charge-it was his decision, etc. Most know it's not true, but it's the facade that a narcissist projects in order to protect their ego and claim either that they are the victim or that it was their doing. Denial is strong for those with this personality disorder. 

TriciaCT, jovesta, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

Remember during the Nixon administration we had two different presidents (Nixon, Ford) and three different VP's (Agnew, Ford, Rockefeller) within a few short years. I suppose anything is possible. Maybe Pence resigns first, who knows. I didn't feel like either of them does, but it could happen. Maybe trump gets sick and has to resign.  He gave a news conference outside the White House today and he looked bloated, red/orange (as opposed to just plain orange) and really, really unwell.  Plus word salad.  Good grief.  I can't believe this is our reality.

BlueBelle, LalaBella, Lilinoe and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bbmom2019)
Reputable Member Registered

@codyroo

When I read this, I recalled Lindsey Graham asking repeatedly if his phone was bugged at one of the hearings. It seemed strange at the time, but maybe it was a clue.

KB, Codyroo, KB and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

I think the impeachment inquiry needs to happen, but it has to be timed to have the most impact on voters, since there will not be a conviction for sure, even if he shoots someone on 5th ave. If neither Pence nor Trump are in office come election, the most lilely scenario is Pence resigns as they are starting to storm "eagles nest" and right before they get to Trump, he has another stroke(hes definitely had a minor one already) and is incapacitated. I think it would have to happen in public though, because if it is behind closed doors, there will be people covering for him as he tweets away to pr0ve he is fine (in properly structured sentences of course)

BlueBelle, LalaBella, KB and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@besoulinspired)
Reputable Member Registered

Lindsey went on many golfing trips with Trump. If Trump used Lindsey’s phone to make those calls, it certainly would explain LG’s behavior these last two years. Graham was not initially a big Trump supporter.  He flipped seemingly overnight.

TriciaCT, BlueBelle, Michele and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@BESOULINSPIRED

As I heard Megan McCain say on "The View" about L.Graham, a man she loves as an extended part of her family  she doesn't always understand his choices but it doesn't change her respect or admiration for him just that people can sometimes make choices reflecting as her mother told her, "their own political aspirations."

Paraphrased by me but thats the gist of how she explained his support of T. A man she does not support or approve of at all, herself. 

We live in very interesting political times to say the least! It's all  speeding up big time and fuses will blow very, very soon. So all "lit" up then blown to smithereens. ?

Timo, Baba, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Dan Coates and/or his assistant, may be the whistleblowers.  Congress is likely exploring whether to subpoena them.  Check out the evidence https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/22/1887214/-Is-Dan-Coats-or-Susan-Gordon-the-Whistleblower-P

KB, Lawrence, Baba and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

Last night as I was falling asleep, I had a vision of a huge tsunami rising up out of the ocean and slapping down an surprised T.  It feels like this is where we are currently.  

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, KB and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

@jeanne-mayell

I've been hoping it was Coates or his asst. If so the information will come out. Coates is an honorable man, and by all accounts his assistant is the real deal too.  And Coates isn't afraid. 

Lawrence -- I always love your contributions!  Let's hope for a tsunami. :)

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, KB and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

If you agree it is time to impeach, regardless of the stone wall in the republican senate, Call your congressperson now and tell them.  Pelosi has said she needs the public to make the impeachment order.  She is meeting today. 

lenor, BlueBelle, KB and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 46 / 166
Share: