The Unraveling -- D...

Notifications
Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Think this might unravel our President at all?

Sen. Ted Cruz and Rep Paul Gosar need to self quarantine after interacting with someone at the CPAC meeting who has tested positive for Covid- 19. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/08/sen-ted-cruz-coronavirus-patient-self-quarantining/4996904002/

JourneyWithMe2, lenor, Tiger-n-Owl and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures

As much as I despise the Republican party and what they have become, I sincerely hope that Cruz and Gosar don't get sick.  They may be opportunistic hypocritical people, but they are still people with family and friends who care for them.  

I fear there is too much anamosity between conservatives and liberals, Democrats and Republicans, rural and urban right now for the country to truly come together to battle this disease.  Trump would never allow it.  He lives for conflict, and the idea of working together with those he considers beneath him or his enemies is simply not possible.  Further, I fear that many people have hardened their hearts towards Trump because they do not trust him to do or say the right thing, so they are looking elsewhere for leadership.

I do hope that the Republicans will take an opportunity to walk back on their conspiracy theories that the coronavirus is a hoax and take actual steps to stop the spread of this disease.  Lives depend on it.

JourneyWithMe2, Frank, lenor and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@allyn

Hi Allyn,

I absolutely agree with you, I do not wish this virus on anyone.  If it seemed that way, I am truly sorry.  I put this here in the unraveling thread because I think this news is going to be a another unraveling for Trump.   He was at the same event too, though did not have close contact with the individual.  That will bother him greatly.  He can't control what is happening right now.  Even to those around him.  

I think this virus is giving us a rare opportunity to think of the entire world as one people, one planet.  It is an equal opportunity illness maker.  Politicians around the world have been quarantined and some have even gotten the disease.  It strikes people of all color, all education levels, both sexes and  all socioeconomic backgrounds.  Doesn't matter if you are flying coach or first class, live  in a penthouse or in your car, we are all at risk.  We all can catch it and we all are vulnerable.  

We all can probably use a huge hug too.  

Once again, we are living during a time that our grandchildren ad great-grandchildren will be studying in their schools.   Spend the next few days doing some kind things for the people you love, and smile at the people you may meet out in the world, if you are out and about.  Smiles are rays of light.

JourneyWithMe2, polarberry, Frank and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered

Trump unknowingly re-tweeting himself as Nero sure sounds like unraveling to me. As far as we know, the whistleblower is still working in the White House, correct? Perhaps this tweet was just purely ignorant or meant as a nod to the far-right social media cult, or maybe someone is creating opportunities for the public to see exactly how far gone the goblin-in-chief is. Disturbing on all accounts, especially with the "nothing can stop what's coming" bit. If there's anything in the works, hopefully it is the crest of the wave that crashes over this administration and moves them out of the white house.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/900761/trump-retweets-white-house-photo-fiddling-says-doesnt-know-what-means

Lilinoe, Coyote, Baba and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@turtle26)
Noble Member Registered

I was thinking about the importance of the next few weeks and the chaos of March and April, including Jeanne's prediction of a crash in 2020 and then read the historian Heather Cox Richardson's newsletter this morning - we are definitely in the midst of a bottoming out of the economy in part sparked by coronavirus together with an oil war....the orange one will unravel with this because it will completely tank his economy and he cannot blame the dems for it:

"Oil prices have been dropping as the coronavirus has weakened economies and slowed demand. On Friday, OPEC—the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries—which includes Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Iraq, met in Austria and proposed to cut oil production to stabilize prices. Russia, a major oil producer in its own right, told them to pound sand. On Saturday, in retaliation, Saudi Arabia cut its prices by $6-$7 a barrel, and is threatening to increase production by as much as 2 million barrels a day.

This oil war, sparked by Putin, will yank the bottom out of the U.S. oil industry, which is heavily in debt with loans that must be repaid in the next two to four years. As prices fall and credit tightens, many companies will not be able to repay those loans.

Tonight, international oil prices fell more than 30% and U.S. stock futures tumbled. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is expected to drop tomorrow by as much as 1200 points on opening. Asian markets are plunging tonight in anticipation.

The White House has no strategy for stabilizing the economy, and the Trump loyalists in the administration are both unwilling to cross him and jealous of their turf. They will be unable to mount a coherent strategy to counter this oil war."

Lilinoe, Coyote, Unk p and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

This is the idea of March destruction everyone was talking about. The markets are in freefall(they had to halt trading 5 mins in this morning because of 2000 pt crash) and he used all of his stabilizing methods to beef it up so it actually looks worse than it really is. Coronavirus is spreading and no matter how good or bad it ends, he looks horrible. Oil prices are bottoming out, which is pissing off his puppeteer and a lot of the US oil industry is in heavy debt that could go unpaid. Heck, he even had his first tweet ever that I fully support, although he claims he has no idea what it means but its PERFECTLY on point. 

Lilinoe, Coyote, LalaBella and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@herondreams

I saw that last night and thought to myself " did he just tweet what I think he is tweeting?"

Lilinoe, lenor, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

@lovendures

The sad part is someone in the WH probably went to him about it. Conversation had to go something like this....

Aide:Mr President, you are comparing yourself to Nero.

DT:Oooh that's good. I like that little fish. He always wins.

Aide:No! NERO, not Nemo!

DT:you're saying it wrong. I read the book last night.

Aide:No you didnt. It isnt a book. It's a movie.

DT:Yes I did. Melanie gave me one of those iPads that say words.

Aide:you mean a speak and sspell?

DT:How many times do I have to tell you he is a fish! You're fired!

Lilinoe, Coyote, LalaBella and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

@mas1581

?

ReplyQuote
(@allyn)

You know what will unravel Trump concerning the coronavirus more than anything?  It is that the coronavirus isn't human.  He can't send his trigger-happy fanatical followers to harass or threaten it.  He can't tweet about it and expect a reaction.  He can't threaten the coronavirus with legal action or lawsuits (I'm sure he will try, but there is the whole "service of process" issue to overcome).  There is literally nothing he can do.

For someone like Trump who loves a fight (usually against innocent children, people with disabilities, his perceived "enemies" who actually follow the law, etc.), it must aggravate Trump to no end.  Another few weeks of this, and with the economy continuing to tank, we really will see Trump on the top of the White House roof playing a violin like Nero.

Do you think he will take any requests?  Because I can think of a few songs I would like to hear.  ;)

Lilinoe, FEBbby23, Codyroo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

@allyn

I'm gonna request "Oops I did it again" by Britney Spears, but he has to wear the schoolgirl outfit from the MTV video so everyone can see his diaper.

Coyote, deetoo, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

And speaking of my Nemo reference, can anyone else easily picture him right now skipping thru the WH in just a diaper repeating "P. Sherman...42 Wallaby Way....Sidney" with one of those huge suckers in his hand?

polarberry, lenor, polarberry and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaidy)
Noble Member Registered

A year ago or so I posted that my spirit guide told me trump is Nero- I assume he meant that trump is Nero’s reincarnation. He is working out that karma.

Marley, Lilinoe, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

“He’s Definitely Melting Down Over This": Vanity Fair Report--

Ever since the coronavirus exploded outside of China at the end of January, Donald Trump has treated the public health crisis as a media war that he could win with the right messaging.

But with cases now documented in 34 states and markets plunging, Republicans close to Trump fear his rosy assessments are fundamentally detached from reality in ways that will make the epidemic worse.

“He is trying to control the narrative and he can’t,” a former West Wing official told me.

The problem is that the crisis fits into his preexisting and deeply held worldview—that the media is always searching for a story to bring him down. Covid-19 is merely the latest instance, and he’s reacting in familiar ways.

“So much FAKE NEWS!” Trump tweeted this morning. “He wants Justice to open investigations of the media for market manipulation,” read more at link below:

Trump, Germaphobe in Chief, Struggles to Control the Covid-19 Story:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/03/trump-germaphobe-in-chief-struggles-to-control-the-covid-19-story

Tiger-n-Owl, Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

@michele-b

Let's face facts, he and his croney's have been manipulating the stock market his entire tenure in office.  He hates that fact that a Virus is better at it than he is.  Likely, he got caught in the stock market and is losing his shirt as it drops (not to mention his whole re-election campaign is based on a bulging stock market.....best, most beautiful stock market in the world, better than Obama's....)

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, lenor and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raindrop)
Prominent Member Registered

@jaidy

There is a guy who studies reincarnation who says the same. I was not swayed by his assertion, but it stuck with me, and I have thought about it a number of times. Since you received the same information from your guide I thought I'd mention it to you. https://www.reincarnationresearch.com/n

It's fun to look at the pictures of the two side by side, and I'm not discounting your guides' information, just saying I didn't completely resonate with it when I first came across it.

Tiger-n-Owl, Lilinoe, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

Tiger-n-Owl, Lilinoe, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

I am seeing a lot of my facebook "friends" who were loyally pro-Trump completely freaking out about losing their 401ks today. The market dropping 2000 points today and 20% overall the last week has people losing their minds and jumping ship. This will be his downfall. From my view, even his most loyal sheep voters are turning on him for this one. 

Amyv, BlueBelle, FEBbby23 and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@practicalnihilist)
Honorable Member Registered

Posted by: @mas1581

who were loyally pro-Trump completely freaking out about losing their 401ks today

I saw a former friend post on twitter that the coronavirus is a hoax designed to destroy the economy and ruin trump.  Some people will never change.

Tiger-n-Owl, FEBbby23, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 148 / 166
Share: