Notifications
Clear all

Mitch McConnell

(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

Sorry ... English major ... Miss Havisham is on my brain more than I would like to admit ;) Sounds like I need to find and watch "Preacher," though!

lenor, BlueBelle, FEBbby23 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

No one is saying anything about Mitch's hands and face.  He did have Polio as a chld and yes we Dems in Ky thinks it is "hahaFunny" that he is anti "give aways".  He also had a heart attack a few years back, seems to me sometime around thetime of Clintons heart attack. that really surprised everyone since no one knew he had a heart!  There are a lot of reasons for his brusing but trust me Mitch will not say a word.  If something happens to him (boohoo) we have a Democrat for a Govenor who would appoint his successor!

Personally I hope it is a great big dose of KARMA for all the awful things he has done and is doing.  I wish you'll cold see the campaign ads thatAmy is running.  They are cartoons with Motch as turtleman and the great orange on calling him Mitchy!  They are funny as you know  what.

2ndfdl, GradualGoddess, BlueBelle and 24 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered

@saibh

Before you watch, be warned that there is violence to a level of campiness and the jokes are not for the faint of heart and quite obscene at times(Seth Rogen was a co-producer). It was on AMC and I think its streaming on either Netflix or Hulu now. 

I do suggest reading it. It is a comic book, but definitely doesn't read like one. The show was about as good as they could do with the graphic novel while still getting someone to pick it up. 

@stargazer thank you for getting the reference. I wasn't sure if anyone in here would be familiar with Preacher. 

Vesta, lenor, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@mas1581

A little ironic comic relief is a good thang mas ?

lenor, Vesta, TriciaCT and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@liln22)
Prominent Member Registered

I was watching an interview he did on local news today. He looked as if he had issues taking even a few steps (very stiff and cautious). He had gentlemen walking very close by his side. During his interview with the reporter and during his speech, he kept his hand hidden in his pocket. The reporter was not deterred and asked him outright about it (after pointing it out on the commentary that he kept it hidden). They showed a shot a bit closer and you could still see the bruising. He denied there was anything wrong. I think if he just gave a statement that gave a nod to what everyone can clearly see then it would lessen the debate about it. His denial and hiding things just made people examine it more and made it a bigger issue than it had to be. He doesn't have to give a ton of details. I feel like everyone is entitled to privacy on medical issues but he is a public figure running for reelection and that does change things to a certain extent.

lenor, 2ndfdl, Vesta and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

Not saying Moscow Mitch has it, but bruising and fatigue can come with luekemia. Also swollen neck, etc. Anyway that is what I see. Low psychic person that I am.

lenor, Vesta, Avon and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Mitch McConnell has been hospitalized after tripping and falling at a hotel.  No other information available at this time.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/09/politics/mitch-mcconnell-hospitalized/index.html

Lauren, tybin, Vesta and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@lovendures  Just read in the evening news that he has a concussion and will remain hospitalized according to https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article272944140.html

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@journeywithme2 

In reading a Washington Post article, I found it interesting that they said he is following concussion protocol and had been staying awake. 

For doctors to keep him under observation and awake I find interesting because each time my daughter had a concussion ( she had 2) we were told she could go to sleep. I wonder how bad it was though I am sure age is a factor. Glad he is under hospital care. 

I feel sorry for him.  

I have seen both Dems and Republicans say horrid things about him (and create horrible memes) since his fall, the likes of which have no business being created/stated for anyone who has had a health crisis.  Or any reason.

Lauren, LivingFree2, Kateinpdx and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures 

You are kind and generous. I am from Kentucky and while I do not wish him ill, I do wish him out of office.  How bizarre it is that he is now not-so-bad compared to the MAGA crowd? However, based on his long career, the adjective 'reprehensible' comes to mind. Despite my low opinion, mockery is usually cruel and uncalled for.

Lauren, Maggieci, Barbara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@liln22)
Prominent Member Registered

I also don't wish him harm but I do fear about if he leaves who will replace him. In some ways, it could help stop the solid block he would manage in the senate so that they all voted the same but then what if a more maga leaning republican replaces him.  The political drama all over the country is exhausting. I live near the border between Indiana and Kentucky. In Indiana, the worry and fear is strong about upcoming leadership in the next governor election because the ones wanting to be leaders of the state fall in line with the leanings of Greg Abbott and Ron DeSantis. I try to keep a positive frame of mind and a flicker or flame of hope burning that good will ultimately win out but...its been hard lately. I've always believed that people have a right to their opinion and that you should respect that but anymore...the pressure and weight of so much hate and avoidance of compassion just feels overwhelming. It may sound silly and simple but I just want to have some peace and some signs of hopeful things ahead.  It feels like the world of so many desperate voices wanting justice, wanting peace and just wanting people to help not hurt others so much.

Lauren, Tiger-n-Owl, deetoo and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@liln22 

I understand your feelings and concerns. Yes, it is exhausting!  Keeping that flame burning is definitely hard (and necessary)  work.

I have always been empathic, even as a young child who didn't understand what the meant.

I have noticed through the years and especially lately, (like when people say vile and abhorrent things about others on social media), I physically sense that energy. It feels like stings hitting my skin.  My body physically recoils. This recently transpired while reading a few comments about McConnell and his concussion, again from people with varied  political beliefs.  It was akin to what I felt when reading comments about Paul Pelosi and his attack. I don't often read social media comments because of their penchant for toxicity.  I am certain however, they must be impacting McConnell's  health even if he's not aware of them.  If I can FEEL the horrible  energy directed to him, he must be feeling it also, even if he's not aware of it. 

I don't like his actions, motives  or politics and of course I long for a brighter, light filled person assuming Republican leadership.  I hope the same for all local and global leaders.  I believe we can move in that positive direction.   I also hope McConnell can evolve for his sake.   But I chose not to wish him ill will.  That would just hurt me and anyone else who can feel my thoughts and energy.  

I find it is more difficult to wrangle my thoughts around Russia's current leader. Simply writing his name darkens my spirit and emotions.  I find I need to focus instead on the Ukraine people and Zelensky, then if possible, follow up with the people of Russia, especially those who are grieving and are also dealing with the effects of this war. Often the best I can do for their leader is to  mentally push him aside and out of my thoughts.

Sending forth negative energy and thoughts depletes my spiritual energy.  It  takes great effort to rise up once I've chosen to sink.  I recognize I need to elevate my negative thoughts and emotions and attempt to "check" myself. The goal is to rise to a higher level from where I sit currently and not repeatedly place myself in the position of needing to hoist myself up to where I once was.

May we ALL move forward.

Baba, Lauren, Tiger-n-Owl and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

Sigh, I was hoping that the Dem. governor could appoint a Dem. if this health problem motivates McConnell to depart, which is the way it works in most states. However, McConnell pushed a law to change the rules in KY so that the Rep leadership will pick a Rep. successor. Dang

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bbmom2019)
Reputable Member Registered

@raincloud could the Rep decison be challenged in court so that no one is appointed?

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@bbmom2019 

I have no idea but I hope so. I gather that a handful of states have passed similar laws.

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@bbmom2019 Not likely. The process for replacement of Senators/Representatives is decided by each individual state, not by Congress.  As long as the replacement meets the requirements to serve and has been duly appointed according to the process outlined in that state, Congress and the courts have no say in it. I remember that McConnell pushed that law in Kentucky, but I can't remember if it actually did pass. If so, then Gov. Beshear is bound by it and must replace Mitch with someone of the same party.

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: