Notifications
Clear all

Devin Nunes

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

It's all over the news -- a leaked tape of Nunes telling GOP donors that Sessions has to unrecuse himself and they have to stop Mueller from investigating Trump or "all this goes away."  Presumably "this" is all the goodies the wealthy have been enjoying under Trump -- the tax breaks, the industry favoritism in environmental laws, the immigration reforms, etc. 

While it was not a surprise to me or most of you that the GOP attacks on Mueller have little to do with justice and more to do with keeping Trump in office no matter what crimes the man commits, it's nonetheless a grand admission coming from the person who has led the charge against Mueller.

But what has interested me all along is the internal workings of Devin Nunes.  

From his early fame last year when he was caught sneaking off to the White House to leak his own House Investigation Committee's intelligence to Trump, I was struck by what appears to be so much fear in his eyes.  I see a little crab scuttling along the ocean floor.  

Why does he risk so much for Donald Trump?

When I read him, my stomach hurts so I have to stop.  

Who is this guy? He looks so tortured.

Sophie, Michele, Sophie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sophie)
Trusted Member Registered

From the get go, the first time I heard his name, I felt someone who is trapped, anxious, edgy, jumpy, stressed out and so on.  The best image that comes to mind, for those who have read or watched the Harry Potter books/movies, I see Trump as Voldemort and Nunes as Wormtail (Peter Petitgrew)  I would not be surprised if Trump had something on him.  I believe he has something on everyone having the slightest influence in congress and the senate.  That could be one of the many reasons people in the GOP are not speaking up. 

ReplyQuote
(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

Okaaaay--I threw a reading on Nunes using the Lovecraft Tarot, because well, Nunes. FWIW:

His attitude: He thinks he's the master of political Dark Arts. (Usually with this type of ego inflation, it's compensation for the opposite.) He's a devotee of The Great Work of MAGA.

He thinks he is the center of subtle spycraft, unfaltering vigilance and eloquent speech. 

But he's not the complete fool. His attitude is changing. He is experiencing great mental anguish, finds he is being dragged down by the dishonor of others. He is guilty of participation in a shameful act and knows it (hence doubling down.) He faces knowledge of a catastrophic loss.

Within the context of Trumplandia, he has been trying to present himself as a person of absolute trust and loyalty. Much of his antics are aimed at creating this presentation.

But he is in it too deep to have a clear perspective on his actions. It's been a slippery slope and he does not see his own corruption. He does not want to admit to himself how much of his motivations stem from the seductions of power--money, rank, position. Whatever integrity he had initially has been corrupted.

R1

Sophie, LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

“He thinks he's the master of political Dark Arts. (Usually with this type of ego inflation, it's compensation for the opposite.)”  —R1

That really resonates and intrigues.

And sophie’s reading that he’s trapped also resonates except that I don’t think he knows he’s trapped quite yet.  But is trapped and he will eventually realize it.

His net worth as listed in January 2018 is a paltry $51,000 seems hard to believe or if true is pathetic for someone who is trying so hard to protect those whose main motivation is wealth. 

I saw his photo when he first took office and he looked so idealistic.  Now he looks scared, hollow, haunted.  

Sophie and Sophie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jholmes)
Honorable Member Registered

Hello! I have been a lurker on this forum for a long time. I finally decided to register and post.

I have no psychic gifts to share. But I do follow the Trumplandia news quite heavily and I'm interested in/in agreement with many of the posts here.

About me: I'm a lifelong progressive/liberal/Democrat. Marched with Jessie Jackson in college! Preferred Hilary over Obama way back when (though I came to support him enthusiastically). Big believer in education, human rights, etc. Totally and hugely disgusted with the way things are going and really deeply concerned that we won't find our way out of this horrible Fox News/Russian/Oligarchy/racist/propaganda supported hole. Oh, and if you f*ck with my social security I will hurt you. :-) I live in Pennsylvania and work FT as a writer.

Regarding Devin Nunes. He's always struck me, like many of you, as scared. My sense of him is that he KNOWS what he's doing is illegal and wrong. However, I think Trump/the Russians have something quite nasty on Devin, something he'd do anything to prevent being exposed. So he's sort of on the front line in protecting Trump and they push him to do it at a level that is absurd and incriminates him, but he has no choice. 

He might also, at some level, justify the Russia/Trumplandia thing as being a better choice for the country than them crazy liberals. But I do think he ultimately knows he's going against his moral oath.

That's not from any reading or spiritual insight. Just my gut instinct when I see him. I see a cornered rat.

Jane

Sophie, Unk p, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Jane welcome welcome.  You made me laugh out loud about the social security.  And you just gave me a much needed shot in the arm.  Thank you for weighing in. Please stay with us and keep posting.  We need each other.  

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Tonight I am going to a training for registering voters. My plan is to (at some point) head up to Tulare County/Nunes' district, and not only register voters, but canvass for his opponent, Janz. If anyone inside or outside of CA would like to donate to his opponent, you can do so here:

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/peforjanz

It is through ActBlue, which I have found to be a trustworthy site. We have already donated some money to help him out. Janz is still slightly behind in polls, but I think could win with enough momentum.

To me, Nunes is craven. Whether he's hiding something or not is irrelevant. I think he's just the biggest a$$kisser in Congress, plain and simple. No one has anything on him, he just craves being in the inner circle and wielding power and will do anything to reach his goals. He has hoodwinked the voters in the rural areas of his district into thinking that he somehow represents their interests. They are his prime supporters, and there's no way to canvass the rural areas without trespassing so the plan is to focus on suburbs and registering new voters.

And just so everyone knows, when those of us on the Left say "swing voter", we are no longer referring to people who voted for Obama and then voted for Trump. We are now referring to voters who went for third party candidates or who didn't vote at all in 2016. It's become an unfortunate fact that those voting for Libertarian or Green candidates are effectively guaranteeing GOP dominance. Look closely and you'll spot the Russian money that went/goes to those candidates.

Sophie, Paul W, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Thank you so much for introducing yourself,  J. It was a great bio and really helps us get to know you right from the start!

And Laura F.  this is awesome! Way to get involved and best thoughts on your canvasing and your own introductions!

LalaBella and LalaBella reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: