Notifications
Clear all

Viral Resurgences, Vaccines to get, Precautions to have.

(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

@laura-f " I agree! Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food"

I also have Hashimotos hypo and a goiter, psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis ( had endometriosis ... surgery and menopause took care of that )

Big Pharma meds had more side effects that have ever helped ( anaphylactic shock to Celebrex) methotrexate and Plaquenil worsened issues (misdiagnosis as RA rather than PsA)

I have found clean eating, minimal chemically processed foods, eating fermented foods daily to heal my gut as well as veggies that help heal gut and taking curcumin and cbd have done more to quell inflammation with very few side effects ...have done more to bring me back to health than any of their nostrums that treat one symptom while causing an ever increasing cascade of dysfunction in other body systems.

Western medicine is great for trauma treatments... not so much for wellness care.

LivingFree2, FEBbby23, Danielle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@journeywithme2 

100%

ReplyQuote
(@hazyjane)
Estimable Member Registered

@laura-f I've read that it's starting to surge again in some places. Around here a very nasty strain of parainfluenza is going around and making people sick for a month (it's usually a mild illness). I'm convinced that the T cell depletion Covid has been shown to cause for at least 8 months post-infection, is making people more susceptible to more serious versions of usually mild infections (both viral and bacterial. 

Also, my understanding is that because of the immune impairment it can induce, Covid can activate dormant Epstein-Barr, HHV-6, and Cytomegalovirus, causing long haul chronic fatigue.

LivingFree2, Lovendures, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@hazyjane 

Yep - I'm in the EBV category. Fatigue is debilitating some days. I used to hike and dance a lot and now a 1 hour dance class for seniors requires >24 hours to recover from.

Lovendures and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

Hi All,

To amplify @hazyjane's July warning, there is a significant uptick in COVID right now. You might consider masking in public places, once again. 

Someone suggested that I purchase a "disinfecting" nasal spray for an upcoming international trip, which surprised me. So I looked it up and yes, because nasal mucosa is a common route of entry of the virus into the body, nasal sprays may have some efficacy in preventing infection.  There are many sprays being studied but on Amazon, there is one over-the-counter spray that contains both sodium, salt, and xylitol, a sugar, that seems to reduce the chance of contagion. There was a real study that showed it helped but I can't retrieve the study at this moment.

Here is a article summarizing sprays being developed and some available: https://www.goodrx.com/conditions/covid-19/nasal-spray-covid

Maggieci, FEBbby23, deetoo and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I had a health scare in July which prompted my doctor to advise me to get another booster. In August a full time teaching position began. So far, I am well. Even around my sneezing, coughing Littles. Feeling divinely led. May it last.

LivingFree2, Maggieci, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

One of my Littles was out with Covid. I am not the usual freaked out Covidphobe. I will get the next booster as soon as I am able. Wore my mask at a big show today. I feel much less panicked. 

LivingFree2, Lauren, Maggieci and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 zara
(@reality)
Active Member Contributor

The waves everyone is seeing in their visions for next year is a new variant

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: