Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19--What lies ahead? Prediction Exercise!

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Hello Everyone!

I am asking our intuitive psychic community here for help on getting a reading about what is coming around the bend regarding COVID. 

Why?

This week I fiound myself paying attention to COVID news with heighten awareness.  I have learned to pay attention when my focus keeps going back to a certain subject.  It happened for me when Covid was first in China at the end of 2019 through early 2020 before it really caught media attention, and once again  before we had those Covid related shortages.  

I believe something important with Covid is coming down the pike again.  Important news, important discovery, important change,  important... something.  It may be anticipated or catch us by surprise.  It may even be a pendulum swing  in a new direction.

Perhaps it isn't really anything at all.

I would appreciate your help getting a better understanding of what's on our COVID horizon.  If we pick up on something we might better be prepared together, especially if we set our intentions for the highest and greatest good. If we get that things are calm and no real worries, even better.

To those willing to join us in this Predictive Covid exercise, thank you. Please share what you get in this thread. Try not to look at other member responses before attempting the exercise yourself. 

Using your preferred method (meditating, throwing cards, automatic writing, predictive dreaming...) see if you can get a sense of important Covid related news in our near future. (Again, I ask that as you set your intention,  ask that the information be given to you for the highest and greatest good.)  

You can ask about Covid generally or think about a specific Covid target. 

YOU MIGHT EVEN WANT TO START WITH A MESSAGE FROM SPIRIT ABOUT COVID GENERALLY.

Want a specific target?  Here are some things to consider.

If you DON'T want a specific Covid target, skip the parts below between the stars (*).

Possible Covid Targets

On January 26th, the FDA will conduct a meeting to discuss the state of the pandemic and whether COVID vaccines need to be modified again to better limit the ever-changing virus.

How will the expert panel evaluate the evolution of variants and the efficacy of current monovalent and bivalent vaccines to examine what the best course of action is for vaccinations moving forward?

Are there any surprises coming from the meeting?

Is there consensus?

Will it be just a normal meeting nothing to see here meeting?  

A report on WHO's assessment of the new variant XBB.1.5 nicknamed "The Kraken" is due out this week.  

Will the variant live up to its nickname?

What can we expect from this variant? 

What else is WHO saying?

Other Possible Focus Areas

How will we feel in summer/at the end of the year regarding Covid?

Long Covid?

Policy making?

What will come to light from future studies?

Surprises?

Good News?

What if anything has been kept hidden from the public?

Thank you!  

While this is simply an exercise, it's also a nice opportunity to come together and gather information in hopes of shedding helpful light on a subject still actively creating havoc across our globe.  

Kateinpdx, Lauren, CC21 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thanks for this challenge. I too have been wondering where we are going with Covid. 

As for the FDA, I hear the word "dither". It implies a milktoast approach for now which makes sense because the FDA is big bureaucracy that gathers tons of information and is slow to decide and slow to act.  As for the 1/26/23 meeting, I feel they will present a package approach while they are gathering more information but at the moment I am not seeing a new vaccine.  They will talk about current post infection treatments and how to be sure to get them quickly to the right populations.  They will use the media to send out more warnings about the new variant that is spreading quickly in the U.S.

Kraken - will it live up to its name?  The Kraken was a mythological octopus sea monster that would pull down ships.  It is 1.4 times more transmissible than it's predecessor. Like previous Covid variants, it will affect people differently depending on their age, immune systems, viral load they received, and other unknown factors.

I don't think there will be the wave of deaths that we had before because we have better post infection treatments now.  I pray I am right about that.

As I write this, I am knocking on wood because (1) Kraken is spreading rapidly in the Northeast right now where I live, and (b) I may have been exposed to it last week when a neighbor came over and we spoke unmasked inside my house for a half an hour, after which I found out his wife has a "bad cold" which they are not revealing whether it is Covid.  I will be glad when the Covid incubation is over because I am otherwise usually very careful. 

Covid over time: more variants and more waves of infection.  New vaccines coming, including oral vaccines.  Improved treatments too.  

Kateinpdx, Maggieci, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

What I’m picking up about the new Covid variant is that it will spread across the U.S. rather quickly.  Because our media is fueled by clicks and fear, there will be lots of drama in the news, but I don’t feel terribly worried.  That makes me think there won’t be catastrophic loss of life.  This variant may be highly contagious, but not unusually deadly.  When I meditated about this, I heard the quote from Shakespeare: “sound and fury, signifying nothing.”  I think that refers to the news media hyping the latest new fear.  People who recognize how contagious this variant is will take precautions.  We have three years experience with how to take precautions, but sometimes even the most careful of people get Covid.   People who don’t believe in science will not pay attention to the obvious and thus, more of that population will get sick.  

Kateinpdx, Lauren, Iridium and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seaholly)
Reputable Member Moderator

This is what I received when I meditated on Covid for 2023. Thank you @lovendures for starting this topic. 
China and covid:

At the start of my meditation, I saw a massive crowd of people walking in a very tight group. Once inside this crowd, there was no way out of it. People were stuck and squeezed by its’ sheer massive weight. This felt like China. January unto late spring brought on a dark cloud over the people in this crowd. I took this to mean the virus will run rampant and at great cost for many months in that country. This will make many very angry and result in a generation of young people who will, during their lifetime, change the country significantly for the better. Politicians and local officials will be walking on thin ice and some will be removed surprisingly quicker than anticipated. I saw heads rolling on the ground and heard people cheering.

Covid in our parts of the world for 2023:

I then saw an explosion of the virus particles spreading in the air and heard « nowhere to go ». Some of these particles hit their targets but many did not. I felt this was more in the west like North America and Europe as well as well as in countries with high antibodies from vaccines and previous infections. I then saw a graph with a steep peak but coming down fairly quickly, with another smaller bump and finishing with a flat line. The timeline of this graph felt like January and February for the highest peak then coming down in March with a smaller hiccup in April. After April, the line disparates and despite some wiggling, doesn’t peak again for the rest of the year.

By summer to the end of the year, the air felt lighter as if the worst of the pandemic is past. I felt that by mid year or early fall, the pandemic will become truly endemic. I also felt vaccines will continue to be upgraded like the yearly flu vaccines and I saw several locations around the world working on nasal vaccines. They will significantly improve our dealing with covid and other airborne viruses in the long term. This new science will be a game changer and received with enthusiasm.

Long covid:

I felt a key a key component of the virus is being presently missed. As of now, it seems like it is yet to be discovered or is such an insignificant detail that no one is paying attention to it. Once it comes into view, it will significantly change how we deal with long covid. The timeline felt like 2025-2027 for this discovery.

The WHO, FDA and other authorities:

I felt a resistance by top medical authorities to acknowledge publicly what they know to be true concerning how to deal with covid. These senior authorities in charge felt very heavy, almost like a dead weight. I saw and heard furious discussions behind closed door. I felt anxiety, frustration and anxiety from many in the health community as to their powerlessness over those making important decisions.

I also felt great political resistance in some places to implement cleaner air mechanisms in public buildings but very determined groups will put pressure on authorities to implement building codes promoting cleaner air space. These determined people will not give up and will eventually succeed but it will take time to elect or put enlightened decision makers in positions of authority. Once in place, it will become like a domino effect, and the change will be exponential.

Kateinpdx, Lauren, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

In my quiet time this morning I got these cards: Devil, Knight Cups, Princess Wands, Prince Cups, 5 Wands.

Covid is to take us down to bare bones basic. We are all the same and equally vulnerable. It’s in our DNA. But by emerging from the shell of our existence, we carry light with an emotional message that we cannot go on like this. There is a better way. This new way is still an embryo we are currently gestating yet it is magically good and clever. People must actively take the reigns and drive this new solution of cooperation by standing up for the right way.

I believe it ties in with our recent discussions of odd dreams. I have had dreams of grabbing a backpack as fires erupted, of replacing boards on a boardwalk, going through gates. I believe it all means that a large change in the gestalt is quickly coming, and covid is another part of that ALL we constantly deal with. I believe that an important option is opening up for society and that we should get on board with it. 

Prince Cups, Queen Wands, 2 Wands, Universe. Coming now is a powerful phoenix of people rising from the ashes. It is blue and gold in color with mighty eagle wings to carry mankind. To get on board, individuals must exert their personal power in all aspects of life, and work with others of like mind to insist on this new way. This New Way takes courage to act upon, like acting for the whole world to see. It is active, involving, and takes our entire effort to evince and exhibit. 

Lovendures, PamP, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@seaholly and @bluebelle your powerful meditations on the topic ring true to me.  Seaholly, your reading of the FDA leadership’s heaviness feels spot on, as does  your insight that there is a simple factor that triggers and explains long Covid.

I know someone well who has long Covid and I’d say from his case that the virus strained and thus weakened a part of his physiology that has been always been vulnerable, even since childhood—his sinuses. Three months after initially getting Covid, he tests negative but can’t shake the sinus infection. 

So based on a sample size of one, I wonder if  long Covid occurs when the infection damages the immune system just enough to prevent the healing of an already vulnerable part of a person’s physiology. Long Covid may depend as well on whether their particular case involved an attack upon that vulnerable part of their system. 

Bluebelle, the fast spread through the US also feels right. It’s already moved quickly through the northeast. And the news media hype is so typical yet at the same time, that scare may save lives in places where people listen to the honest media.  

@Maggieci- wow.  And YES.  Your dreams and interpretations bring meaning to me about the vision graph I received in meditation years back and have posted on this site that there would be a crash of the collective consciousness beginning in late 2019 and fully in 2020 that would serve as a reset in our consciousness. Our hyperactive anxiety-driven race for material growth would come to a sudden halt, and we would hit a bottom.  From there we would rise in fits and starts with a new empathic caring consciousness that recognizes the interconnectivy of all beings including all of nature.  

We still have much inner growing to do and will hit new speed bumps, more like walls than bumps, that we must climb in order prevail.  And prevail we will. The gates you see in your dreams tell me we will find the way and get there.  Role models will show us those gates.  The courage of the Ukrainian people are just such role models.   

Kateinpdx, Maggieci, Lovendures and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

@lovendures I went with your suggestion of an intention of a message about Covid generally. Here is what came. I did two things, writing down while “listening” and then cards. Lightly edited for less repetition. I hope it makes sense/is helpful.

Listening:

Covid came on a trajectory of science and technology set in motion a century or two ago as an ill-advised offshoot that emerged from investigating and learning about the origin and cause of infectious disease. (I saw this trajectory as a long, thin, round, grass-green snake-like form extending horizontally.) This offshoot of scientific investigation ends (will end) in a twinkling fizzle. (I saw this like a “sparkler” type firework going out, done, extinguished.) Better methods of learning are coming and indeed are even now taking form and growing. New ways to understand disease, causation, and care that are more – elegant – and safer than cultivating disease to understand how it works. Much more finely tuned methods. Something about slicing tiny particles to get at the origin point. Using light and lasers in large high security spaces, involving multi-national cooperation and regulation. No more secrets.

Covid continues, branching and weakening into smaller and much finer branchlets (appeared as a multibranched network of very fine/thin plant rootlets that fan out horizontally just below the surface). Taking not months but a few years to settle back. In the meantime continue best practice as you discern it for yourself. There will be a few more jolts, spikes, new variants. Vigilance for the time being.

This pandemic is something that has been disruptive yet transformative. Things are happening faster; people are seeing what is important and what is not. This era will be looked back upon as a transformative time. There is no “going back to normal” for normal does not exist. That template is gone. Science will progress by leaps and bounds. Some institutions will crumble under their own weight, their foundations hollowed out, bringing  in new systems of education, transportation, the construction industry and the way housing is built and made available for all, farming and agriculture (which brings to my mind the work of Vandana Shiva regarding food sovereignty).

Then I drew three cards from a spread of a 5 x 5 grid of the 25 Celtic Tree Oracle cards (Liz and Colin Murray) for past, present and future of Covid:

Past, represented by Oak. An organism coming through a door that was opened long ago; through the door with the organism also came strength and the ability to overcome and survive. (my interpretation).

Present, from Ivy quoted from Murray Tree Oracle book here:  The spirit turns inward, rather as Theseus, following his thread into the labyrinth. Theseus’ act may have symbolized his exploration for the secret centre of his own being, which may appear monstrous, lying hidden as it does most of the time. Thus exploring, or soul searching, is necessary revealing  untapped or unknown spiritual strength and depth. Your spiraling dance through life also turns outward, linking you with others through the group soul or collective that pervades and encompasses all life. You have a part to play – to assist in the spiritual journey of others as they also do in yours.  

Future: with Silver Fir which brings strength and healing learned from the past.

Kateinpdx, Maggieci, Lauren and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

Through my communications with my guides, I got the following:

The upcoming variant XBB will spark an upheaval in China, causing the country to abandon Communism. The deaths will eventually eclipse the number in the US. As we have seen from the history of ancient China, long united must divide while long divided must unite, where China will split into distant regions.

The uptick with XBB will be noticeable, but deaths will still be low and eventually reach zero. By the middle of this year, COVID will start to become endemic and will be fully endemic by the end of this year.

Kateinpdx, Maggieci, BlueBelle and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fran)
Noble Member Registered

A pattern in my dreams lately: bridges. Lots of bridges. Going over bridges, seeing bridges in the distance. Broken bridges. Dead end bridges. This is a time of transition. Covid is no different. It’s a new age of illness. Deal with it or fall into the gulch.

Maggieci, BlueBelle, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Am posting here older predictions we made for 2023 regarding Covid that were compiled by @lenora. Don't read yet, if you are taking the Covid Prediction Challenge.  It agrees with some of the predictions people have posted above. Some of you might not remember what you previously saw in meditation, so I am tagging everyone who made predictions: 

2023  Covid Predictions from prior year meditations: 

• It’s better, more are vaccinated, we are not dealing with a more lethal variant. I am not wearing a mask into my health club in May 2023, but I prefer outdoor activity and I still don’t want close indoor gatherings, but I am more cautious than most. (Jeanne Mayell)
  • People in poorer countries have not been fully vaccinated. They are still struggling. (Baba)
  • The wealthier countries are learning to live with mild Covid and are resuming normal activities. They aren’t the same as before the pandemic, but people are free to move around and meet up. (Baba)
  • Growing acceptance that yearly Covid vaccines are here to stay. It’s part of our new normal. (Deetoo) Note that in March 2023 I feel Covid is less. Boosters are helping. Vaccinations are needed
  • I see spikes here and there on the planet like lightning strikes. (Doris)
  • I hear a hum representing the virus, but it is becoming less prominent in certain places. Some counties are controlling it better than others and some parts of those countries are better than others. This virus is very opportunistic in nature if given an opening to spread. (Doris)
  • I see new vaccines and more improved vaccines coming out to deal with the virus. Science is tweaking them as it progresses. (Doris)
  • I see pills helping with the virus and young children getting vaccinated. (Doris)
  • COVID will be a continuing viral threat like the flu worldwide. However, vaccine development will keep pace with evolving COVID variants. (Howard)
  • Many are still masked, but there is not as much emotional charge about the COVID-19 situation because other issues are going on. (Eva).
  • There is a new world order, and it isn’t what we all expected a few years ago. Covid has reshuffled the deck. (Baba)
  • Scare of another pandemic or mass illness. People are fearful of repeating Covid lockdowns. (Kristin)
  • The terrible strains of the Covid pandemic are lifting. (Bluebelle)
  • Covid still around but diminishing. (Deetoo)
  • Being careful of Covid strains. It can hurt us and our economy. We might go back in for a little while. This time there is a plan, and we help each other. The collective works together. (Teri Z)
  • All of 2023: Overall sense of relief. I feel like COVID management is definitely getting to a point where it is not in the forefront of the news. The world is truly coming out of the pandemic. (Carol/CC21)
  • Medical breakthrough related to Covid. (Kyle) The world has moved past Covid and now treats it like it would the flu.(Baba)
  • Many are in pain. Is this the last surge of the virus? (Share)
  • March/April: Progress in solving the unknowns of the Covid virus. Why some get so severely ill, and others don’t. These discoveries result in some advances in treatment. (Rowsella)
  • A new Covid vaccine that includes the Omicron variant is available for the public. (Siobhan)
  • More people are getting used to having to take a vaccine. (Sonali)
  • There is a new COVID variant, but there is already a new global/multipurpose vaccine. (Bluebelle)
  • There is a sense of normalcy surrounding Covid. Many feel that America is back to preCovid time. Some people still wear masks, but Covid is in the rearview mirror. (Kyle)
  • Covid is not really talked about anymore. Perhaps we have reached herd immunity. (Arlana)
  • There is worldwide progress on Covid vaccinations. (Bluebelle)

@bluebelle @arlana @kyle @sonali @siobhan @rowsella @share @baba @deetoo @seaholly @howard @eva @cc21 @teriz

Kateinpdx, ghandigirl, Lovendures and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Eva
(@eva)
Trusted Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

Am posting here older predictions we made for 2023 regarding Covid that were compiled by @lenora. Don't read yet, if you are taking the Covid Prediction Challenge.  It agrees with some of the predictions people have posted above. Some of you might not remember what you previously saw in meditation, so I am tagging everyone who made predictions: 

2023  Covid Predictions from prior year meditations: ...

• Many are still masked, but there is not as much emotional charge about the COVID-19 situation because other issues are going on. (Eva).

Hi, Jeanne, good to get back in touch for Mercury Retrograde. According to my own records, I made that prediction at the 9/26/21 for spring 2022, not 2023. I remember it resonated for me in spring 2022, although I don't think I said so here, because the mask mandate in my state was lifted in March 2022. The emotional charge around COVID did begin to diminish after that, though some people did and still do choose to continue wearing masks. 

Maggieci, Lauren and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@jeanne-mayell @marigold @bluebelle @fran @enkasongwriter @maggieci

@seaholly

A big Thank You to all who've already participated in this "challenge". You've shared beautiful spirit-filled messages and some interesting thoughts on current and future Covid scenarios.  I am inspired and intrigued.

If you haven't already, I encourage all who are still show interest in participating  in this challenge exercise to do so. 

Some background about why I wanted to post this particular challenge to everyone here. I am a curious person by nature so it was no surprise I found myself growing more curious as many Covid issues ran past my field of observation last week.   Realizing Spirit my be nudging me and with Jeanne's encouragement, I decided to ask everyone here to see if we could get an understanding about Covid right now. It seemed like it was the right time to do so. Here are some of the things I noticed about Covid last week. 

First- while many of us have had predictions of society seemingly getting back to normal over the past 18 months (few masks wore in public, schools and businesses open, people out and about) it appears as if much of that timeframe the "getting back to normal" didn't mean that the virus wasn't still on a warpath as was evident during the Delta wave last winter and the constantly evolving   Omicron virus this last year. 

Second- Long Covid.  Recent reports state that up to 30% of Americans who get Covid-19 have developed long-haul symptoms, affecting as many as 23 million Americans.  This number is up significantly from last summer where 8% of those infected with Covid were thought to develop  Long Haul Covid.  Many with Long Haul Covid include those who only had a mild bought of Covid.

Third-  Recently, respected doctors and medical experts including Dr. John Campbell (The UK nurse many here watched for advice and data analysis during that initial year and beyond of the pandemic)  have begun questioning some data regarding vaccine reactions and effectiveness over the past couple months.  Campbell in particular seems kinda... exasperated.  I thought perhaps  get a read on current or future vaccine efficiency and safety. 

Forth- Well, the Kraken and China because well, it's called the Kraken (haha?!) ... and have you seen China lately? 

Lastly- What ultimately led me to post this challenge had to do with the FDA website itself. As I was looking at the FDA website regarding their upcoming meeting on Vaccines January 26th,  the following information message on their website struck me:

Please note that due to the impact of this COVID-19 pandemic, all meeting participants will be joining this advisory committee meeting via an online teleconferencing platform.  

If the FDA believes it is important to hold this meeting online, shouldn't we all be acting similarly regarding meetings still?  I felt this continued mixed government messaging  (just think about the House Speaker voting where nobody masked for hours and days through 15 votes) is not unhelpful.  I wondered if the Government might actually develop a cohesive message about Covid.  ( I think this is supposed to be a CDC thing but logic dictates clarity will still be wanting in that department.)

Once again, thanks for helping and taking the time to participate.  This is getting exciting!  haha.

I will add my results to the challenge in another post in just a moment.

Kateinpdx, Lauren, Maggieci and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

I decided to throw some cards regarding the Covid pandemic using the Thoth deck.  I asked that the answers be given for the highest and treated good.

Honestly, while I initially "understood" the cards that I got, it wasn't until writing about them that I realized additional aspects and FELT the cards. Especially their energy "temperature".  That was a first.  

Question 1:  

What is the outlook for people with Long Covid?

Card:

9 of Swords, Cruelty

Interpretation- Unfortunately, this card didn't surprise me as I have felt that Long Covid is going to have powerful impacts on society for some time.  This card brings a sense of being alone battling what many people unaffected by Long Haul Covid just can't comprehend.  It is definitely cruel as the name suggests.  Those with Long Covid are isolated and in pain.  They are depressed and losing hope. There needs to be a full court press on how to help people dealing with Long Covid so that they can find hope, achieve greater health and greater understanding from doctors and society. I 

Question 2:

What will it be like for the U.S. during the next couple of months regarding Covid?

Card- Knight of Wands.  

Interpretation- Ok so if EVER there was a card that screamed COVID Battle, this would be it right?  It is an active fiery battle card.  I interpreted the fire as both Covid itself and the battle the Knight is having trying to tame Covid.  The virus is igniting everything and the Knight is using his energy to fight the battle with all intensity. It reminds me of a wild land firefighter.  

If the Knight was a wild land firefighter and flames were about to surround him, what tool would he use to battle the fire?  Fire. The firefight would create a backfire right?  A backfire burns the vegetation so there is nothing left in that area to burn.  Well, what tool does the Knight of Wands hold in is hand while surrounded by a wall of fire?  A fire torch!  He is the ultimate woodland firefighter.  

Now, if the virus is fire, we could successfully fight it with a backfire aka     vaccine, antibodies or another virus.  Scientific reports indicate the Kraken doesn't care if you have Covid antibodies or if you have had a vaccine, it infects you anyway and is infecting people more easily than any previous Covid strains. So, a helpful tool will need to be developed  to successfully create a backfire or which can creatively aid our firefighting Knight of Wands to help extinguish the flames a new manner. 

*Additional thought.  While I specified U.S. in my question, this might have to do with how things are burning through China right now.  

Question 3:

What will it be like year end regarding Covid in the U.S.?

Card- Adjustment

Interpretation-  I don't think there could be a more opposite card from the fiery and active Knight of Wands then the cool,  unmoving, precision-balanced figure of the Adjustment card.   Everything is in shades of blue and I immediately felt the coldness from the card which was so different from the heat of the previous card.  

Whatever happens regarding Covid between the next few months and the end of the year, there is a dramatic change. Great effort in achieving and maintaining balance has occurred, but balance indeed has arrived. Something important has changed.  My eyes are also drawn to the blue balls above and below the figure.  Blue.  We are used to seeing Covid depicted as a hot red prickly sphere.  These new spheres are now a smooth, cool blue.  A covid change has occurred.   I also noticed the sword held by the figure is pointed downward.  Although still holding a weapon, it is presently not needed for battle. 

I love this card!  

Question 4:

Can you tell us about vaccinations currently?

Card: Ace of Cups

Interpretation- Something new and hopeful regarding vaccinations is about  to occur.  I am drawn to the energy/light waves manifesting outward ripples from the cup, like protective shields as a light force fills the cup.  The birth of something is being created now which will give new life, new hope.  This is exiting!  I feel this could be a new vaccine or medicine which is a game changer, a life giver. 

Question 5:

Can you tell us something about vaccinations for the end of the year timeframe?

Card: 2 of Swords, Peace.

Interpretation- Peace. Conflict is over, the swords are no longer in battle.

We are not in battle with Covid at the end of the year.  I find it interesting that this card is an air card and Covid is transmitted through the air.  Does this mean that Covid is gone?  Not exactly.  It DOES seem to indicate we are finally not experiencing a Covid fight during the year end timeframe.  For once.  

Putting everything together:

The next few months are difficult.  We need to be prepared for a Covid battle.  It is not a time to let down our guard.  Be aware and vigilant. Take precautions.

There is great hope for a sense of calm and peace this time next year. however.  It feels so different and I am filled with a sense of collective relief.   It would appear something has changed and I believe it is likely due to a new vaccine or medicine which is currently being developed which is a game changer.  A pandemic shifter.  

In looking over many of our posted Covid Challenge predictions, I am amazed that many of us are getting similar things. 

Kateinpdx, ghandigirl, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures 

Thank you all for your intuitive and impressive posts regarding the resurgence of COVID.

A realization came over me the other day regarding a source of intuition. Although I have continued to wear masks in public, once in a while, I will go to a restaurant in an off-hour and with enough space to allow for physical distancing. The other day as I left to meet good friends for lunch, I noted that, oddly, I ate in advance and put on a mask which I wore throughout the lunch meeting. Two days later, one of those friends tested positive for COVID.

Perhaps it is a matter of semantics but it felt like the intuitive warning was in my body. On previous occasions, when I have been unsure about decisions it seems as though my brain is a bit distanced from my body and I will proceed in a direction without having consciously decided it was the right way to go. For example, I have found myself packing for a trip and saying to myself, "Well, I guess I am going," while consciously, I was still uncertain about the trip.

Regarding the next few months, based on my medical knowledge but also my body's messages, I agree that vigilance is called for regarding this new variant. Based on early reports, it is far more contagious and evades the protection that vaccines have offered to date. Masks are a simple way to greatly reduce the risk of exposure and help compensate for both weaknesses in vaccines and incautious behavior of others.

This former nurse and mother-hen cannot resist the urge to hover: Early in the pandemic, Jeanne recommended Well Before as a good source for masks. They offer all sizes and types but for real protection, look for KN95s.   Also, for proper fit and guidance on which masks to buy, check out the engaging Mask Nerd, Aaron Collins, who created his own mask-testing lab.  

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/27/best-masks-covid-tests-cloth-surgical-respirators

https://wellbefore.com/

Good Vit. D blood levels appear to offer some protection. Zinc bolsters the immune system and inhibits viral and bacterial proliferation in the throat so consider keeping some zinc lozenges on hand and pop one in the moment you have a scratchy throat. The good news is that according to the early reports, while this new variant is more infectious it is not more severe.

That subtle intuitive guide, my gut, agrees with Lovendures prognostication that over the year, this threat will diminish, but please take this seriously for the next few months. As Benjamin Franklin noted several hundred years ago, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Kateinpdx, Lovendures, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

@raincloud Thank you for the mask and other tips, so much appreciated.

Lovendures, FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

This is an interesting thread. I have been again masking in public everywhere except for my after-school Art job, I sometimes worry about that, but I do feel safe with the kids. I hope I am right about that. I also understand the reluctance to mask up. People are tired of the Covid fears.

I will say that the fear of rabid  non-maskers and potential for conflict feels energetically weakened. These folks have moved on and it feels less ugly now.

CC21, Kateinpdx, Jan and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

Barnstable Cty (Cape Cod) is trending upward and has high numbers for Covid, flu, rsv, and strep. I began having psychic dread (tightness, uneasiness in my upper chest center during the pandemic every time before a surge. Always thought I was having a personal warning, but every time there’d be a big spike. I had that feeling last week but it was milder than usual, but right before new numbers were published. I “heard” the next day “don’t eat out before the symphony concert” that’s coming up so I cancelled our dinner reservation in Hyannis. Remarkably, I still haven’t had Covid but I also go to a salt spa which cleanses and purifies my nasal passages. 

CC21, Kateinpdx, Jan and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@earthangel Me wanna find a salt spa.  I think that could have helped. Yes, I've seen those numbers on the Cape.  Glad you are being careful.

Jan, earthangel, Vesta and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell I would suggest finding one that uses Halotherapy to disperse salt particles in a confined area. Sometimes a salt spa will have Himalayan salt walls but it’s not as effective. The place I go has a one person salt booth and two rooms for large or small groups or even a few people. In these large rooms, salt covers the floor in addition to salt halotherapy.

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chickpea)
Active Member Contributor

Hi,

I decided to try this after finding this forum years ago due to COVID.  I wanted to express gratitude for your messages of hope that have gotten me through!  And I’ve been intrigued by the belief that anyone can do this.

So, I work in a residential facility for adults with severe developmental disabilities in MA and COVID was initially very unkind, although vaccines have radically changed our trajectory. 
I got the sense that we would continue to wear masks at work for 2 years and then stop due to a positive development.

I asked if there would be a cure and got, yes-it’s connected to a mushroom currently known and eaten, at least in some part of the world.

I asked if the CDC was making the right decisions, and got “It’s murky”

Thank you again for the hope this forum has shared!

Kateinpdx, Maggieci, Lauren and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: