Notifications
Clear all

Advances in Science and Technology (for future survival)

(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

There are also many positive applications of AI and medicine seems like a really powerful example of an area of its potential usefulness.

https://naviant.com/blog/artificial-intelligence-positive-impact/

JourneyWithMe2, Maggieci, ghandigirl and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@tgraf66, thank you for those two excellent articles and once again for hope for sustainable technology.  We need a boost like that to keep us focused on a sustainable future. 

@raincloud, your knowledge about climate change processes is so vast and helpful here. You are able to put into English concepts that are difficult to follow in scientific studies.  So thank you, too. 

As I read one of @tgraf66's articles about using crustacean's shells to make sustainable batteries, I too was thinking that it's too late to use shells because ocean acidification is destroying them and the oceans won't de-acidfy for a thousand years, if ever.  But the article also mentioned that chitin, the ingredient in the shells needed to make sustainable batteries, is abundant in nature and can also be found in fungi and insects, but is usually thrown away as food waste from restaurants and a byproduct of the food industry.  So couldn't they just get chitin from fungi and insects? 

BlueBelle, Vesta, Maggieci and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell 

I certainly hope so. It would be a great solution!

Jeanne Mayell and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jackofhearts)
Noble Member Registered

@raincloud, I was sitting in meeting last week where one of the projects would be a 7th use of AI that will be game changing, especially in other parts of the world, just about the moment the huge aquifer under North America falters.  

Jeanne Mayell, Lauren, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@jackofhearts 

I would be interested in the specifics if and when it would be okay to divulge them.

Jeanne Mayell, Lauren, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jackofhearts I'll second that request.

Jeanne Mayell and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jackofhearts)
Noble Member Registered

When I can, I will

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@jackofhearts Intriguing post but I need more information to decode it.

Please explain: 

You wrote "one of the projects would be a 7th use of AI that will be game changing, especially in other parts of the world, just about the moment the huge aquifer under North America falters."

1. What meeting was this you were in? What project? 

2. what is the 7th use of AI?  I can only determine that it refers to chat bots but that doesn't help me undnerstand what you mean. 

3. So what do you mean when you write it will be a game changer, i.e., good or bad game change?  And how so? And why compare it to the emptying of the Oligala Aquifer over the American Heartland. When that aquifer empties, which scientists have indicated could happen as early as 2028, what does that have to do with the 7th use of AI? 

Thanks for your response. 

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

Here's another interesting development on the energy front, this time something that would work well for small devices like phones and tablets.

https://www.livescience.com/scientists-discover-enzyme-that-can-turn-air-into-energy-unlocking-potential-new-energy-source

JourneyWithMe2, Lauren, Jeanne Mayell and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@tgraf66 

Golly day! um, T B or not T B.......that is the question...

ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

@raincloud @tgraf66  That's a little scary, like Wuhan all over again

Saga and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@maggieci Why? The virus used is *related* to the TB virus only by family and wouldn't be used as the energy source.  The enzyme can be synthesized without using the virus itself, and it will still produce energy.

Saga, Lauren and Maggieci reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

@tgraf66 I guess I was being a little facetious and should have used a "wink" emoji. These advances in science and medicine all come from ongoing, dedicated research into the wonder that makes up our universe.

Lauren and Jeanne Mayell reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

Didn't someone predict a new cancer treatment?  I found this tonight. 

https://www.thebrighterside.news/post/breakthrough-treatment-destroys-advanced-stage-cancers-in-less-than-1-week

Maggieci, Lauren, Vesta and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@tgraf66 Yes... Baba did .." A breakthrough in cancer treatmentis announced. (Baba)Predicted 6.1.20)"

Jeanne Mayell, Maggieci, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

And here's another one.  It's still at the "proof of concept" stage, meaning it may still be a long way off, but it's promising.

https://www.acs.org/pressroom/presspacs/2021/acs-presspac-november-17-2021/shape-morphing-microrobots-deliver-drugs-to-cancer-cells-video.html

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Scientists have created a promising injectable cell therapy to treat osteoarthritis that both reduces inflammation and also regenerates articular cartilage.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-04-cell-therapy-osteoarthritis.html

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, lolo57 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

tybin, raincloud, Maggieci and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@tgraf66 Technology that cleans the oceans of plastic! And the land, and landfills. Humans will restore the un-restorable.  As I read about it, I "saw" tankers installing giant tarps around massive plastic piles in the ocean, applying this catalyst, breaking down the plastic and mining the monomers that hold plastic together. A new industry that governments would fund. these mile long floating waste dumps would become treasures to be "mined" and the plastic monomers reused. The ocean cleansing begins.

tybin, raincloud, Maggieci and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

JourneyWithMe2, Saga, tybin and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7
Share: