Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Rooftop Revolving Lounge Part II

(@ana)
Illustrious Member Registered

@deetoo   Outside would be nice but not a requirement as long as the place is not crowded.  (It's supposed to be really hot this weekend so outside might not be an option?   I guess it depends on time of day.)  Any info is welcome but if you aren't familiar with the area, that's OK too!  

Lauren, deetoo, Lauren and 1 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@ana I have saved hundreds of the “effinbirds” memes from Instagram and I text them back whatever one feels the most relevant.  

Normally I wouldn’t send something bordering on offensive to a poor volunteer but at this point they’re volunteering for evil and I no longer care.  Plus I didn’t sign up for the texts to begin with and even when you ask to be taken off the lists - they don’t.  

(and they do read the messages.  I got a few replies)

Lauren, deetoo, Iridium and 3 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@ana That’s interesting that you’re getting Republican email because I just got invited to a free evening harbor cruise, complete with dinner and open bar, to support Jeff Dielh,  the Trumper republican running for governor of Massachusetts. Now I love free stuff. But..no. So maybe they have a new strategy of reaching out to democrats? 

Lauren, deetoo, Lauren and 1 people reacted
(@ana)

@jeanne-mayell

At least they offered you something... trying to win you over with free stuff. 

They just ask me for money and say how the country will be ruined if I don't comply.  😠 😠 

Lauren, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

For our listening pleasure here in the lounge tonight, pizza and a beer, night... a nostalgic song to childhood sitcom enjoyed by many.  May it give you a laugh, albeit a rueful one.

https://youtu.be/UBA7xkdhRuk

deetoo, Lovendures, Unk p and 9 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@journeywithme2 lol- the best part was when they introduced The Pillow Guy as "Mary Ann"

deetoo, JourneyWithMe2, Lauren and 3 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@unk-p  I laughed and watched it more than once!

deetoo, Unk p, deetoo and 1 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@journeywithme2 

Thank you!  That was fun to watch!

(@dannyboy)

Gang!  I'm in lurker mode for the foreseeable future as we've brought puppers home and have begun getting him acclimated and trained - but I wanted you all to know I miss y'all!  

Here's a picture of Boone cuddling with me.  Every afternoon he takes a nap in my arms.  Great now as a puppy, but when he balloons to the size of our chocolate lab it's going to be a little less cute while we fight for space in my armchair.

This pup has totally become my own personal therapy dog even though we haven't trained him yet :-) 

Unk p, Maggieci, JourneyWithMe2 and 19 people reacted
(@ana)

@dannyboy   

Enjoy your lurk-time.  🙂 

billy mike, deetoo, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
(@theungamer)
Famed Member Registered

@dannyboy What is Pup's name?  Keep the pictures coming.

Unk p, FEBbby23, Unk p and 1 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@ana, I'm sorry that I failed to get back to you about restaurants in the College Park area.  I've had some stuff going on and haven't been online much. 

I was unsuccessful getting any restaurant recommendations.  Did you discover some that you liked?  The only place I know of that I believe has a branch in College Park is Busboys and Poets.  I've only been to the one in Arlington, VA.  

(@deetoo)

@dannyboy, Boone is so beautiful!  He makes my heart melt.  His fur looks incredibly soft.  Forgive me if you've already shared this, but what breed of dog is he?

Unk p and Unk p reacted
(@dannyboy)

@deetoo Boone is a Bernedoodle - Bernese Mountain Dog - Poodle Mix.  His fur is incredibly soft.  And he's so very sweet.  Except when he's using the restroom indoors, which he did five times this morning (we're still learning his warning signs) I finally kenneled him because I was trying to work on one of my gig projects :P.  

It's a lot less cute when you're continually cleaning up puppy accidents.

But he will be an incredible therapy dog once he gets his training!

Lovendures, Unk p, ghandigirl and 7 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@dannyboy, Wow!  Yup, he will be a big boy when he's all grown up.

When you said Bernedoodle I immediately thought of Bernie Sanders!  Isn't that crazy?  i love Bernie Sanders but he's not incredibly soft, sweet, and cuddly.  And I doubt Bernie is at all trainable.  He is cute, though, in his own marvelous way.

Unk p, ghandigirl, DannyBoy and 3 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@deetoo OMG I'm laughing so hard!  Though I always found Bernie Sanders to be particularly cuddly.  I just wanted to give him a giant hug when he was at Biden's inauguration in his mittens.  Either way, this post made me do what's happening in this GIF.

Attachment removed

Unk p, ghandigirl, deetoo and 3 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@dannyboy, Haha!  Now I'm spitting out my drink!  I loved Sanders in those inaugural mittens too.  It was so ... Bernie.  I just love his authenticity. 

The thing is, I keep imagining someone trying to hug Sanders, and he turns into that fussbudget Larry David.  I think all those silly exaggerated impersonations of Sanders by David has warped my thinking.

Lovendures, Unk p, ghandigirl and 3 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@lovendures I remember watching Gilligan as a child a lot! We were that age and it was popular... so this really gave me the giggles! Glad you enjoyed it!

deetoo, Lovendures, Unk p and 3 people reacted
(@ana)

@deetoo 

That's OK!  The DC area is huge.  My husband and son weren't much interested in going anyplace "nice" so we settled for Korean BBQ and Blaze Pizza in College Park.  (I'd never had Korean BBQ nor been to a Blaze Pizza and I was happy with both. )

deetoo and deetoo reacted
(@lovendures)

@dannyboy 

My sister-in-law has a mini Bernedoodle.  Your Bernie looks huge in comparison!  hahaha. I have a mini Sheepadoodle, ( Old English Sheepdog and Poodle) who is about 48 pounds.  Sometimes I have noticed it is hard to tell the difference between a Bernedoodle and a Sheepadoodle. Sometimes it is obvious. It isn't really the coloring anymore as I have seen black and white Bernedoodles and brown, back  and white Sheepadoodles. 

Unk p, DannyBoy, Unk p and 1 people reacted
Page 25 / 27
Share: