Notifications
Clear all

Reading Our Pets

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@tonyaw

I sense that Sammie is quite alert and observant. His eyes (perhaps whole body) follow you around.  He is very smart and needs attention and things to do to stimulate his intelligent mind.  He needs to burn off energy.

Do his ears move in different directions or tilt at different angles sometimes?  

He may also be sensitive to loud noise.  He is likely sensitive to moods and noise. 

deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tonyaw)
Honorable Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell @maggieci @loveendures 

Thank you for reading Sammie. You are all super spot on about her. Jeanne, what you mentioned about her eyes is astounding as we always comment that she has one eye that seems different. We have always wondered what felt off and I think you nailed it. She has definitely been disciplined many times but her and I are falling into an understanding and she gets easier every day. Maggie, her favorite toy is a rope toy and she loves to growl and play tug with me. You were onto something with the water, she will actually paw her water bowl and spill everywhere, maybe she likes when her feet get wet! And I am laughing at the mouth comment. She eats everything! I have taken her to the vet ER for swallowing a rock. So I am constantly snatching things out of her mouth and she hates it. Lately she will put something in her mouth and then tuck her tail and run to a hiding spot so I don’t confiscate it. Thank you for saying that about her knowing she has a good home, I have wondered that a few times actually. Loveendures, she has the classic German shepherd head tilt when I talk and her ears are always tuning in to everything. She follows me EVERYWHERE haha. Even waits for me outside of the shower. She is smarter than I sometimes know how to handle, I feel like I always have to be a step ahead. Every day my goal is to burn off her energy so we can all get a few hours of peace. Thank you all for your energy and time!

deetoo, Maggieci and Maggieci reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

On 8/31 I posted this:

@ghandigirl I was looking through old posts and found this wonderful post you made about your dream about Toby.  I love that dream!  I love how he ran as fast as he could back to you.  And that he inspired you to start painting. His happy delightful spirit comes shining through in your painting. Did Toby have any Bichon in him?  I have had two bichons.

On 9/01/22 Ghandigirl replied

Yes Toby was a Bichpoo. He has come through several times in readings and he hops and jumps. I feel he is with Lynn, my SIL mom who owned several little white dogs like him.

When Toby was alive I asked him to be the first one I will see when I pass. I have this stuffed purple gorilla I gave him. It has his scent and in times of extreme stress I allow myself a hug and a sniff. 

I have painted him a few more times as well. He was my muse. He was my best friend and comfort. He kept me alive and he kept me going. True love lasts forever. 

She also posted an Andy Warhol-esque photo of her Toby.

deetoo, Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Here is a creative and beautiful way to help homeless animals.  

This is my kind of priest and my kind of church!

https://twitter.com/____B_S____/status/1577974238065135616/photo/1

matildagirl, Iridium, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

@deetoo Amen, sister!  Bless that priest, and bless you, Deetoo!

And

Bless the beasts and the children

(4 Non Blondes, from the amazing Carpenters tribute album

If I Were A Carpenter  {90's bands covering Carpenters songs})

deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

My little creamsicle tabby Django has developed feline acne and I'm terrified because this is exactly how our dear Tess started with her autoimmune issues. She was 9-10 at the time and by her 12th birthday she died of cardiac arrest. The vet said that the stress of the autoimmune disease just makes their little hearts give out. We're doing our best to get Django care, and our brown tabby, Mingus, who is one of the sweetest kitties I have ever known, is doing his part. Tonight he spent a solid half hour focusing on grooming Django's neck and chin, where the acne is. I'm posting a pic of this because it just made my day.

I've been giving reiki to Django, but if anyone wants to chime in reiki-wise, thanks and namastè.

Unk p, Maggieci and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

@laura-f   Poor kitty.   Please don't be terrified for him, that's the last thing he needs-- terrified energy from his cat mom/protector.   He needs calm, confident, peaceful energy as much as you can muster it. 

Is there a good holistic vet practice near you?  I think this kind of medicine can work better than traditional medicine when it comes to autoimmune issues.  

Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@laura-f 

I had a cat with feline acne but the cause was a simple one; the dry food sitting too long in the bowl, or some such. (It was a long time ago.) She lived to be 20 years old. I am just suggesting that you and your vet explore other potential causes. Iridium had good suggestions.

Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tybin)
Famed Member Registered

I had a cat who would get acne on her chin if she drank out of plastic bowls. Maybe try Pyrex 

Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Topic starter  

@raincloud @tybin @ana

We only use metal bowls for food and water except there is a cat water fountain that is plastic, which I wash regularly with hot water and soap, and it has a charcoal filter.  My cats don't leave the food for very long, lol. And I've gotten in the habit of switching the crunchies bowl twice daily and scrubbing the regular water bowl daily.  There are 4 cats total in the house, only Django has come down with this.

We are also cleaning the area with chlorhexidine wipes, combing out the blackheads gently with a flea comb, and applying benzoyl peroxide to the area. I had tried some Rescue Remedy and CBD before, neither worked. No, there are no holistic vets near us.

raincloud, Lovendures, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@laura-f 

Clearly, you are a conscientious and devoted cat 'parent' who is on top of things. One other potential resource might be the Cornell Feline Health Center. You may know, but in case you don't, Cornell University has a highly regarded Veterinarian Medicine program and conducts a wide range of research. They even have a cat behavioral branch of research from which I and my cats have benefited. On their website it says they offer remote access via tele-triage. Perhaps this could be an option. Sending you and Django ❤️ 

https://www.vet.cornell.edu/departments-centers-and-institutes/cornell-feline-health-center

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Topic starter  

@raincloud 

Thanks- aware of Cornell but was not aware they are doing any thing remote. That's helpful, thanks.

I can say that the meds are working, his chin and neck look much better than last week. Key will be in about 2 weeks when the meds wear off. If it recurs I will contact Cornell.

raincloud reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

@laura-f 

All the posts about reactions to food or dish materials possibly causing the acne reminded me of something.

Several years ago my white cat started having swollen lips.  Yes, swollen cat lips, as if she had been to the "Medi-Spa"  and had lip injections.  

I finally connected it to fish-flavored dry cat food she'd been eating.   I even found out that cats can actually be allergic to fish. ( https://wagwalking.com/cat/condition/fish-allergy).    It turned out that other cat food flavors were OK-- it was just the fish.  

Perhaps you could do a little experimentation with Django's food and see if he is sensitive to any ingredients.

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Topic starter  

@ana

The cat I had before, Tess, had that after a while, too. I think that's called pemphigus?

Bottom line, the dermatology vets can determine allergies via testing. Tess even had allergy shots I had to give her weekly at home. In fact, it was when I went to give her her weekly shot that I found her dead in her favorite cat bed...

I will take a peek at the dry kibble ingredients and see...

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Some cooling information about dog and people connections, much of which is heart centered.  The video is short but the information is intriguing. 

I love how heart filled environments can be created between dog and pet owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B43vjuuWCGs

matildagirl reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

Now that he’s older and going to schools regularly (just ours - he’s not fully certified yet.  We have to wait until he’s 1) I thought I’d throw a new picture of Boone the Therapy Bernedoodle here for anyone wanting to give him a read.  I have but I’m curious what others see because I’m so close to him.  

JourneyWithMe2, BlueBelle, Lawrence and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seaholly)
Reputable Member Moderator

When I look at Boone, I see a « happy go lucky » type of doggie who is highly intelligent and likes to please. I also sense @dannyboy that he is quite sensitive to humans around him. I don’t know if I could call a dog compassionate but I sense that he is! He’ll make a good therapy dog. Love his name.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@dannyboy I see compassion and concern in his expression, especially in his right eye, which means it probably come from his mother. He was born to be a therapy dog. He looks like a reincarnated wise man who decided to come back as a therapy dog.

pafc, BlueBelle, DannyBoy and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@seaholly you and @jeanne-mayell both nailed him.  When I took him in to my school before break he diffused an escalating student very quickly by running over to her and just rolling over for a belly rub.  Helping humans when he has that vest on appears to be his life's purpose and even as a puppy he takes this responsibility very seriously.

@Jeanne-Mayell it's interesting you said reincarnated wise man.  Yesterday afternoon I was holding his head in my hands and I got this overwhelming sense of a buddha like figure behind his eyes.  I actually said "Wow, you're an old man!" and he seemed to grin in recognition.

Wow is he stubborn though :-). If he doesn't want to do something he doesn't.  Probably still the puppy in him.  

Thank you for the quick scans on him!

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@dannyboy 

I have to say that "old soul" does come to mind, repeatedly.  He will be doing some good healing work for sure. (And is is cute as all get out). I bet you both will be able to communicate very well, even silently.

ReplyQuote
Page 26 / 29
Share: