Notifications
Clear all

Wildfires

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@timo

A wonderful blessing from you fellow warrior. We can all do this together! No matter what it takes or what the outcome! ???

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Timo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@lovendures

Highest thoughts, prayers, blessings to your friend and all  in any threats of being harms way ???

Jeanne Mayell, Lovendures, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

"New York(CNN Business)Joe Rogan, reportedly the highest paid podcast host in the world, has apologized for spreading misinformation to his millions of listeners about the West Coast fires during a recent episode.

"I need to make an apology and a retraction," Rogan said in a video posted on his Instagram on Friday.

"I said something on the podcast with Douglas Murray about people getting arrested for lighting fires and I got duped. It's wrong.

There was one guy who got arrested for lighting fires somewhere else and someone sent me something about people getting arrested for lighting fires in Portland. I said it without looking into it. It was very irresponsible."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/media/joe-rogan-apologizes/index.html

This kind of "mistake" is how many, many, many conspiracy theorists have used news sources for their claims on social media that Antifa and other groups were lighting the fires that hit our areas of the Santiam Canyon Wildfires (Beachie Creek hitting Lyons, Mehama and North Fork areas) and the Lionshead Fires hitting Gates,  Idanha Mill City and Detroit Lake communities.

And also circulating on Facebook and Twitter one reporter reading about BLM Fires which in Oregon most commonly means Bureau of Land Management and assuming BLM meant "Black Lives Matter' and saving that the protesters had started the wildfires.

Just ridiculous how the social media gossip game has played out and done misinformation harm here in Oregon!

Jeanne Mayell, Share, polarberry and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@michele-b Well it is refreshing to hear someone say they were wrong. I don't know the guy, in spite of his being so famous, but I will take a retraction on fake news any time.  Hope that lesson is learned on his part, and his readers. 

Lovendures, Michele, Lovendures and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

A new fire has erupted in Napa, now updated to 1,000 acres.  2,000 have been evacuated .

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/news/early-morning-napa-county-fire-grows-to-800-acres/

DolphinSpirit, lenor, DolphinSpirit and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

@lovendures

A timely reminder that California is now entering Diablo season in the north and Santa Ana season in the south, which poses fresh new wildfire risks.

lenor, Lovendures, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

The August complex fire in northern California just became the first ever 'gigafire' in modern history, meaning that it has burned through 1 million acres:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/06/california-wildfires-gigafire-first

lenor, Aheartbegins, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

Over 50,000 are without power in California after Pacific Gas & Electric began shutting power to customers due extreme wildfire risk.  High winds and dry hot temps are forecast.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/15/california-power-cuts-heatwave-pg-and-e

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mtgal99)
Prominent Member Registered

I'm in the SF Bay Area and the wind feels like it did before the Oakland fire storm. I am praying we don't have another big fire. Mid October is always a bad time in Cali for fires.

lenor, Grace, Share and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

I live along the Front Range in Colorado and we've been enduring smoke from a wildfire that's been going on for over 2 months and has become the biggest in our state's history. It's very tiring. We used to have the bluest skies; now it's smoke and haze almost daily.

lenor, Share, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@grace

Still going on?  Wow!  That is a long time.

Grace and Grace reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

@lovendures Yes, so long! And so much lost wilderness, so many burnt trees. It's heartbreaking. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/10/17/cameron-peak-fire-area-braces-for-more-high-winds/3693972001/

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

We have a fire which has force evacuations in Crown King, Arizona. 0% contained.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

California is being hit with another round of wildfires.  There are 2 in southern California as well as others in Northern California.  In Irvine, 100,00 people have fled their homes under mandatory evacuations and 2 firefighters are in critical condition with 2nd and 3rd degree burns.  

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/26/california-power-outages-high-winds-latest

ReplyQuote
(@theungamer)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures We live about 10 minutes from the Irvine fires. Yesterday morning, winds were strong enough to shake the house and ash was already falling.  Air quality is bad.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@theungamer

How has it been today?  

ReplyQuote
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

@theungamer stay safe.  

Share the love and light 

ReplyQuote
(@theungamer)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures Smokey but no winds.  5% contained.  Road closures and a lot of evacuations.  Those hills and canyons are extremely dry this time of year.

Lovendures, RosieHeart, Lovendures and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@theungamer)
Famed Member Registered

@share Thank You. We are safe. Just moved from that area after 20 years. Fires are a regular occurrence.  Thankfully, no winds this evening.

Lovendures, RosieHeart, Share and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

@theungamer glad you’re safe; we have fire up here too but we’re not close to it. We have a lot of friends north of us and they’re so tried of evacuating and now power shut off and outages.  
it’s heartbreaking to say the least.

share the love and light 

Stargazer, Lovendures, Stargazer and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 7
Share: