Notifications
Clear all

Forum Glitches 2

(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

I noticed today that clicking on a member's name (including my own) results in a 404 error. Or I get the message I don't have permission when I go to look at my past activity, my account, or subscriptions on the my profile drop down menu. I was going to look for an old post to reference, but it can't be done any longer. Searching using the search tool only yields 3 pages of posts, starting with the oldest first-so for some of us, that's 6 or 7 years ago.  

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cindy, Thanks for noticing the glitch.  It's important that people can look up other's activities. I hopefully have fixed it. It probably got inadvertendly shut off during an update.  I clicked a lot of buttons while I was crawling around in the engine room, so let me know if all seems to be working.

ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@jeanne-mayell You are welcome. I didn't care so much that I couldn't reference the post I was thinking of, but knew it would be an issue for those trying to post hits like @lenor @lovendures @baba. For me at least, it's working again.

Jeanne Mayell and Baba reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell I sent you an email about this, but I also wanted to check if anyone else is having this issue. When I go to the "My Profile" link at the top of the forum pages and try to access my post archive, profile, or subscriptions, I am taken to a page that says "You don't have permission to access that page", even though I'm logged in. I cleared cache/cookies, closed the browser, restarted the computer and everything, but it still won't let me see my own stuff. Is anyone else having this problem?

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@tgraf66 I will see what happened.  It's probably just a setting that I flipped yesterday when trying to revive the Random Predictions thread that had glitched. I will switch it back.

ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@jeanne-mayell Okay, whatever you did fixed it. :-)  Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@jd1960)
Reputable Member Registered

Regarding the New March Predictions & Messages to Humanity link: The page displays only about half of the text... At first I thought it may be an issue with viewing on a tablet, but tried a short time ago on a Mac with Firefox, and the problem was still there. Anyone else seeing this?

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jd1960 I see that it works if you have an active prediction membership and are logged in, but if your membership has lapsed, it looks a bit bonkers. I have my developer fixing it now.  It's my lousy IT skills, for sure. Thanks for letting me know! I will post here when it is fixed. 

ReplyQuote
(@jd1960)
Reputable Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell I found that zooming out the View in the browser made it all visible, but small... Will probably go active again soon.

Genie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jd1960 My developer fixed it last night. It works now.

JD1960 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

FYI  to people with yahoo.com email addresses.

You will intermittently (and maybe always) not receive emails from me that end in jeannemayell.com.

• I don't send out spam, but if you are tagged here or have subscribed to certain topics, you still won't receive notifications that you were tagged or that someone wrote a post in your subscribed topic.
  • Also, if you change your password, you may not receive the password reset email from my site, adding to your inability to login.
  • If you have a prediction membership, you may not receive notifications about your account that enable you to stay current. 
  • If you are in my class, most of my jeannemayell.com emails to people using yahoo.com email bounce back to me so they never reach you. 
  • You will receive my occasional email blast announcements about upcoming events or new predictions sent via Mailchimp, however. 

Yahoo aggressively blocks active email addresses ending in custom domain names. 

One solution is for you to go to your email inbox on yahoo.com and whitelist jeannemayell.com emails. 

Another solution is to switch to a gmail email address, if you have one, email it to me (use contact form or just email it if you have my address) so I can change how you are notified.  

How to whitelist jeannemayell.com in your Yahoo.com email:

If you want to move a sender or domain name to the Yahoo Mail whitelist, the process is even simpler than with other service providers mentioned above. If you have already received at least one message from the address and it ended up in the Spam folder, open the message and mark it as Not Spam.

Mark Emails as Not Spam

Once you have marked the email as not spam in Yahoo, the Yahoo spam filter will automatically allow future messages from the same address into your inbox.

ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@jeanne-mayell I was scrolling back through some of the hits on the predictions page for the last few years, and I discovered that the page for 2022 predictions that came true is not found. All of the other pages are fine, but for some reason, the 2022 page isn't there. Can this be fixed?

ReplyQuote
(@daveh)
Trusted Member Admin

@jeanne-mayell As we continue to grow we want to make it easier for new members and old members to be able to find the most recent posts in topics.  Normally this would mean having to go to page 30 to see the last response.  Today we were able to change the coding so that new posts are now on page 1 under the original topic message.  We hope that this new change will allow all the great posts to be see far easier.  Please let us know if you have any issues.

Thank you

Dave H

ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@daveh It took me a minute to figure out what you'd done, but I finally got it. ;-) There is a minor issue with it in that when I click on a link to go to a thread I have been following, it takes me to the the bottom of the last page, which is now the oldest post, instead of the newest post, which is now at the top of the first page of the thread.

ReplyQuote
(@daveh)
Trusted Member Admin

@tgraf66 Thank you for your post as we work through all of the recoding to make this work better.  The links that you are referring to are they in your email or from a specific part of the forum?

Maggieci reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@daveh The links I was trying to use are from Notifications. Also, in each case, while the posts themselves are now in "newest first" order, the actual first post in each topic/thread is the introductory post, the "topic starter", which means the most recent post is actually the second one in each thread/topic.

Maggieci reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@daveh I just realized I'm having the same problem with links from the "My Activity" menu both on my own and other members' accounts. If you click on the link, it takes you to the last page of the topic/thread instead of the most recent post - which is, again, now on the first page under the topic starter.

ReplyQuote
(@daveh)
Trusted Member Admin

@tgraf66 We have decided to not move forward with the new changes to redo the organization of the posts.  All the previous functionality should be back to the way they were before.  Sorry for the confusion.

DannyBoy, tgraf66, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@daveh Thank you for trying to get us back to the system we had a year or so ago, the system we all loved.  But a few details of this recent correction caused some confusion,  and it wasn't able to replicate the way it was back in the good ol' days.  We are happy you could restore the forum so quickly.

ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@jeanne-mayell @daveh thank you for keeping this site alive and kicking - I too was confused by some of the recent changes and while I would have acclimated to them, this format is the comfortable pair of trusty old shoes I was looking for.  

Regardless Dave, anytime there’s an issue with this site you swoop in and save it and you have the emotional gratitude of every single member here when it happens.  I wish you a restful, uneventful weekend!

Tara Prete, JourneyWithMe2, Freya and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 9
Share: