Notifications
Clear all

Forum Glitches 2

(@daveh)
Trusted Member Admin

I believe that we now know what is causing this issue and we can work to get it resolved.

Jeanne Mayell, tybin, Pegesus and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@daveh)
Trusted Member Admin

From the growth of the website and users we have found that the number of people subscribing to receive email notifications has gone up substantially.  We are now using a new email client that will send out our notifications and hopefully fix the speed issue of the posts not refreshing. 

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@daveh 

Thanks for all the work you have been doing on the site.  We are all appreciative of your efforts!!

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, billy mike and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@lovendures @daveh I am checking the glitch. I tried it earlier and my post went through!  It did take 10 seconds to load but it went through.The delay is because of notification emails that the site sends out to subscribers every time someone makes a post.  Dave is now testing different apps that send out emails from sites to find the one that is the fastest and best fit for us. We've been growing quickly this year so that's why the system we had gave out.  Dave has been incredible in figuring out this whole thing and it is exactly one month ago tomorrow that we first noticed the glitch.  

In the next few days, he should be able to install a system that will speed up the posting time. So hang in there. Keeping fingers crossed. 

@Marigold and @bluebelle get awards for envisioning the problem.  I knew when I read Marigold's vision that it was accurate, because she said it was extremely clear, she cited specific colors, and well, that's the sign of an accurate vision. I knew Bluebelle's was accurate because I've seen so many of her predictions and they are nearly all (like 99.9%) accurate.

It is incredible to me that you could get a vision zeroing in on the malfunction inside the inner workings of a cyber engine room. MARIGOLD, THAT WAS A HUGE HIT because there is no way you could have known diddlysquat about something of such complexity.

Vesta, BlueBelle, Lovendures and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell You are right about that, diddlyquat for sure!

I think maybe the image was so clear because I approached the prayer/light task, that Jeanne asked for, as a healer and the image just came right into clear focus. Years ago I was taught etheric healing and learned to expect the unexpected, let go of my all too well-honed analytic/judgment self,  and just be receptive. Hooray for the patience of Dave and his certainty of finding a solution by trying the next thing!

Jeanne Mayell, Baba, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@unk-p I reposted it, and have 3 notifications of people who reacted. But post #2 in the Random Predictions has also gone MIA, just like post #1. Shades of Mission Impossible @jeanne-mayell? This post will self destruct in 10 minutes? 😎

Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cindy so glad we cleared it up.  Is this related to the bears?

Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@jeanne-mayell you know the funny thing is when reading the post  about the bears fighting/ falling prior  to anyone responding they thought it was referencing Russia & China, I saw the bears as Putin & TFG. 

Unk p, Vesta and Iridium reacted
ReplyQuote
(@daveh)
Trusted Member Admin

We have upgraded our servers to be able to quickly send out email notifications.  This should fix the issue of the page refresh delay.

tybin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@daveh Am checking to see if my post goes through more quickly

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

The post loaded a bit faster but still needs more work to make posting faster. We will keep testing and trying to improve it. 

lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@daveh 

Huzzah.

Jeanne Mayell and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

Has anyone else had the experience of getting emails for a subscribed topic but the link takes you to the first page of the topic instead of to the post that you were being informed of? It’s not a big deal, but it seems to be happening lately. 

Jeanne Mayell, lenor and CC21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

@baba Yes, I did today, but I think what happened in my case was that the person who mentioned me accidentally posted twice again, so I got two notifications.  The duplicate message was deleted (either by the user or the system), so the notification for that one just took me to the top of the thread instead of the post.

Jeanne Mayell, lenor and Baba reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@baba Yes, I have had the same issue happening lately. The email link will take me to the first page of the thread, not to the post itself.

Jeanne Mayell, lenor and Baba reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)

@jeanne-mayell 

I posted last night and my “hits” post went through with no problems. The working circle spun and within a few seconds the post popped up. I don’t know if posting at 3:20 am had anything to do with it!

This post took a few seconds longer but I did not have to refresh.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Posting slowness

@lenor So glad your page went through.  We located part of the problem that was causing the glitch, which was that the service that sends people emails (when a post is made on their subscribed topic or they are mentioned in a post) was too slow for the increased volume we've been getting this year. We made some changes to that email notification service and posts went through more quickly.  But it is still way too slow. So while we have eliminated part of the problem, there is still some kind of conflicting process happening between the app that controls the forum and the server that hosts our website.We have reached out again (third time)  to the forum app developers to see if they can give us more information. Last resort, if we can't fix the slowness, (which I hope not to have to make) would be to change the entire forum app to an entirely new app (called BBPress) but it would be kind of a big deal and who knows what craziness would occur.

Being taking to the first page of a thread

@cc21 @tgraf66 @baba  

Yes that is happening to me too.  The forum app recently updated about a week ago, and that's when I started seeing this new problem. Updates often result in new problems so I will reach out to the forum support people to see if they have a remedy for this one.   

This problem of being taken to the first page of a thread would be normal if you were not logged in.  But if you are logged in and it is taking you to the beginning of a thread, then something is not right.

The positive side is that if you click on the page number, all the pages show up and you can input the most recent page or just pull your curser down to the most recent page.  But the negative is that you even have to do this at all! 

At the moment, I am trying to get the new predictions out the door, so this new issue is first on my list to tackle as soon as that is done. Thanks for pointing it out 

In the meantime, I can close the long threads and open new ones, as we have done here before. That way the number of pages to navigate to won't be so many.

CC21 and Baba reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@jeanne-mayell @baba and others,

Yes, this has been happening to be as well from email links. 

I have been navigating to the most resent posts by putting the last page number into the box, at least it will take me to the last page that way. 

ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

Is everyone still getting emails when someone posts? I stopped getting them weeks ago. Sorry if this was discussed already in an earlier thread. I don't keep up with new posts as much as I used to because I used to do it through emails. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@lynnventura I checked your account and you were not subscribed to anything. So I subscribed you to everything LOL.  If you want to change that, just click on your account name and you will see the word Subscriptions in the right side of your account page.  Click on it and check what you want to be subscribed to.  Glad you mentioned it. 

Dave is looking into why people are being routed to the beginning of a thread when they receive an email notification about a post and click on that post's link.  

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 9
Share: