Notifications
Clear all

Forum Glitches 2

(@april)
Noble Member Registered

Don’t know if this is related. I was trying to post earlier and it popped to a hosting error. It remained that way for a bit.

Thought I would need to repost, but when I came back my post had gone through. 🤷🏻‍♀️

ReplyQuote
(@daveh)
Trusted Member Admin

@april thank you for your message.  We are working towards finding a solution.  Until then please refresh the page after you reply and the post will show normally.

Jeanne Mayell and tybin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Checking in:
Forum Uber Glitch appears to still be in effect.
I am still not receiving notices of new replies on subscribed topics.
I am now receiving email notices of new replies on topic threads I've never looked at (e.g. The Queens Passing...)

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@laura-f I just checked your account and you are no longer subscribed to any topics.  I am not sure why you got the Queen notification though.  Since we updated the forum app and you also made changes in your account with your name, it would be difficult to figure out what caused your subscriptions to disappear while you got notified about a  a brand new topic.  But all you have to do is click on your alias, and check subscriptions and you can recheck the topics you are interested in.

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@jeanne-mayell 

I had done that after the name change. No worries, I can repeat.

ReplyQuote
(@jsr78)
Famed Member Registered

I don't know about anybody else but for me the the up button is gone.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jsr78 do you mean the thumb up button? Is there another up button?

jsr78 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jsr78)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell hmm now I see it, didn't see it before.

Jeanne Mayell and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

HI COMMUNITY, The forum will be disconnected for a few hours within the next few days in order to try and find out the locus of THE GLITCH.  They have not given me an exact date or time when they will disconnect it, although I asked that they do it between 10 pm and 4 pm Pacific Time when site activity is low.  But they may not be able to let me know. They work from a list of other sites' glitches, and when they are done with fixing something, they go on to the next one and can't estimate when. 

I am asking for your prayers and healing wishes that this glitch will be fixed soon.

For me, when the forum is glitching, it feels like it's happening in my own body.  I can't rest until the glitch is fixed. But this time, I am trying to just breathe and methodically take the necessary actions to resolve it. In the last 3 wks, I've used many different developers with different specialities to work on this glitch, and each time, there is a several-day wait to get up to the head of the developer line, as they have other sites to fix and developers must tackle their projects one at a time.

Nearly all of the past glitches that have occurred over the years were caused by the incredible growth of our forum along with huge spurts in site traffic that occurred with disturbing world news events. 

So we've had growing pains and I have responded by increasing the ram space we use. Although there is a small group of regulars who choose to post here, there are thousands reading and finding solace in this community's hopeful and caring attitude.  

It is important to me to keep the site ad-free. To do that, I've worked on a tight budget, so your donations are a big help.Your prayers are also a huge help. 

In the next few days (fingers crossed) we will release our latest predictions.  I will announce it in an email blast to whoever has joined our list.  I will also put a button up in the forum for people to donate for those new predictions. They are our biggest fundraiser! 

Marigold, Lovendures, matildagirl and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

Sent light and healing to the site and all who are working on the glitch. For what it is worth, as I did so I "saw" clearly in my mind's eye a silvery aluminum latch, like those on a screened door, moving up and out of the rounded hook holding it so the door could open.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@marigold I wonder if you are seeing a clue to solving the Glitch. If anyone else has visions for what is causing the glitch, please share!

Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell 

I love the idea of trying to get a "read" on the glitch.  Will try and do so before bed.  May the Great Glitch die a quick death and may the site heal.  May you also feel peaceful and less site related anxiety. Well, any anxiety.

I am excited about the predictions being available for everyone to read.  

It purchasing them IS a wonderful way to support the site.  We do appreciate the fact that it is ad free for sure.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p and Baba reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @marigold

Sent light and healing to the site and all who are working on the glitch. For what it is worth, as I did so I "saw" clearly in my mind's eye a silvery aluminum latch, like those on a screened door, moving up and out of the rounded hook holding it so the door could open.

Both Marigold and @lovendures have had visions about the Glitch that I am sending to the developers. I think the silvery aluminum latch, like on a screened door, sounds like a gateway on the site firewall (a virtual "latch" is something that keeps a firewall closed to invaders. The screen door is the Firewall that lets only friendly bloggers through.  The rounded hook could be some kind of bolt on the firewall that only allows posts to be submitted when the hook is released.

Lovendures saw a plug that got plugged in and unplugged.  

If anyone else has visions when they focus on the glitch, please let me know!  And please send healing prayers. Developers will feel those vibes and hopefully have a breakthrough for us. 

BlueBelle, tybin, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@daveh)
Trusted Member Admin

I have been looking into why the glitch was happening and am wondering if perhaps it was one of the spam filters keeping us locked in. Lets see if any of these changes make a difference.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

to Community, FYI: @Daveh is our developer, so he is REALLY looking into why the glitch was happening. To Community, if you have any visions, especially those unexpected ones, about the cause or mechanism of The Glitch, please share here or send me an email if you don't want to share here:  jeanne.......[at] ......jeannemayell.com

Thank you again @marigold and @lovendures. Very helpful. 

Marigold reacted
ReplyQuote
(@firstname-lastname)
New Member Admin Registered

This is a slow posting test

ReplyQuote
(@firstname-lastname)
New Member Admin Registered

This is a slow posting test

ReplyQuote
(@freya)
Famed Member Registered

@firstname-lastname as requested I am attempting to check In with administrator regarding glitch… Here goes

ReplyQuote
(@freya)
Famed Member Registered

Replying to myself… LOL… reply “froze”…. I literally set my phone aside for an hour…. It finally went through

Jeanne Mayell and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@freya your post went through in five seconds. You had to refresh the page to see it. The glitch we are trying to repair isn’t about whether people’s posts go through. Everyone’s posts are going through within 5-10 seconds of posting. True problem is that people’s browsers are not automatically refreshing when they make a post so it looks like their post did not go through.  

until this glitch is fixed, please 

lenor and Freya reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 9
Share: