The Unraveling -- D...

Notifications
Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump

(@yofisofi)
Noble Member Registered

@lawrence

I pray that you are right. The alternative is quite awful. We know who his idols are. His milita support would include neo-Nazi white nationalists who have been stockpiling weapons since the original American Nazi movement in the 1930's. This monster wants to be an absolute fascist king. If he had his way, unimpeded, that's what he would do.

PamP, Lawrence, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yofisofi)
Noble Member Registered

@baba

"Everything T. touches dies." -- I hope that does not include the U.S. democracy!

PamP, BlueBelle, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@Yofisofi: I think the US democracy will be bruised and battered by the end of T’s time in power, but it will survive. I also think that the R. party will be severely wounded by this whole episode because they allowed T. to take over their party and make it his. My hope is that whoever is in power next will use the damage done currently as a guide to making changes that keep this from happening again. 

PamP, Michele, BlueBelle and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

The Presidency is the worst thing that could have ever happened to him. He could have stayed under the radar but is now being busted on his many years of criminal activity. 

@lawrence, yes yes yes!!  My husband and I have been saying that for the past three years.  Had T. not allowed his bloated, fractured ego run amok, he could have continued making money conning everyone.  And since T. understands the media and how to market himself, he could have even created another successful television show.  It's doubtful that any of his nefarious activities would have caught up with him, especially since he loves to sue and tie people up in litigation.  

Don't you just love poetic justice?

PamP, Michele, Yofisofi and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)
Illustrious Member Registered

@deetoo

Yes,  it's awesome.  I told a friend when he 1st announced it was the biggest mistake he'll ever make.

PamP, Yofisofi, lenor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@deetoo

and @lawrence

Funny because my husband and I have said the same thing all along. As a matter of fact I saw an interview with Howard Stern who shortly after T was elected Stern commented that he thought it was a big mistake for T to be President and that he was worried about his friend. Stern should have worried about all of us!

One of the things I felt about T and Putin though is that I think that Putin hatched the plan to have T run for a while. I feel like it was part of Putin's plan and T owed him big time so he had to run.

deetoo, Yofisofi, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @yofisofi

"Everything T. touches dies." -- I hope that does not include the U.S. democracy!

Every reading I've done on the mid twenties shows a resurgence in the U.S. of democratic values.  The democracy will have been battered, as many feel it is now, but it will hold. One reader in our group saw that after progressives return, it will be like a post war reparation period. 

PamP, Michele, TriciaCT and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

The White House was on lockdown because of a UFO. They don't know what it was. One thought was a flock of birds showing on radar, but they said it hovered. Birds don't hover. They might circle though. So why would UFOs be interested in the White House or trump? 

PamP, Yofisofi, Lovendures and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Bones and trees are similar to our democracy. It's been proven that when kids jump their bones bend slightly and that makes the bones stronger. Same with trees, when they bend in the wind or storm, they grow stronger. In trees it's called the axiom of uniform stress. To make a tree grow stronger, it's not just at the point of growth-but the entire tree. To grow a branch or strengthen the trunk, the root system too grows.  It's nature. It's natural. 

The stress and fractures that are occurring in our democracy are ultimately going to make our democracy stronger. Weak points are being found, loop holes will be closed, thinking for many will be realigned. So Rick Perry may be right. Rumpus may have been chosen to show the weaknesses and corruption that needed to be exposed to make our democracy stronger in the long run. It's not unlike the Civil War. It did plenty of damage, but in the long run it was for the greater good. 

PamP, Isabelle, Michele and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KB
(@kb)
Prominent Member Registered

Hey, Ari Melber just featured a short audio blurb from an interview between trump and Bill O'Reilly, of all people.  I think the interview was done today, 11/26.  Anyway, it turned out to be actual news because during the interview trump throws his former BFF, America's Mayor, Rudy Ghouliani right under the bus.  For starters, trump says Rudy WASN'T working under his (trump's) direction.  Rudy did what???  trump also claims Rudy had other clients in the Ukraine, not just him, and he had no idea what all Rudy was doing over there. 

This is the part that amazes me.  Inspite of the fact that it never works, everyone who sells self out for trump always thinks he/she is going to be the special exempt one who earns trump's loyalty and protection.  Huh?  Good thing Rudy's got his so-called insurance.  He's gonna need it.  

Pompeo made the news today too.  Pompeo had a brief press conference where he wasn't all huffy and arrogant, a genuine first.  As always, he avoided answering most questions except the one about it being his duty to investigate the reported Ukraine role in the 2016 election.  More conspiracy theories and gaslighting for us, but at least it was delivered with a smile and in a surprisingly pleasant way. Maybe all the headlines about Pompeo being a coward and the worst Secretary of State in history is getting to him.  

PamP, Lovendures, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@kb

Soon Guiliani is going to be part of that club of who? I didn’t really know him, We were never close. I don’t know when was the last time I spoke to him it’s been years. 

PamP, Isabelle, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)

@elaineg

How ironic!  What is Trump going to do now?  Threaten these aliens with his border wall?  I can just see him right now sending a tweet to Fox News.  "THESE ALIENS ARE TRYING TO FLY OVER....MY BEAUTIFUL BORDER WALL!  WE NEED TO BUID IT....HIGHER!"

(Note:  In order to be an authentic Trump Tweet, one must always have misspelled words, lots of dots halfway through sentences, and all caps to show he is shouting.)

PamP, TriciaCT, PamP and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Did anyone hear NPR's interview with the heads of Fusion GPS, the firm that was investigating Trump and contracted with UK M15 agent Christopher Steele to write what was called the Steele Dossier when Trump was running for office?    You can here it here. https://www.npr.org/2019/11/26/783030482/inside-the-steele-dossier-the-fusion-gps-investigation-of-trump

PamP, lenor, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@jeanne-mayell

That was an interesting interview for sure,  Thank you!

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

I just saw that Reuters published an article claiming that support for impeachment has increased steadily during the hearings. It points to a small but steady increase and they included their methodology (online poling - not just landlines), which usually helps to understand how they achieved their results. I tend to look at poling cautiously, but I do think that it is helpful in understanding trends - especially if there are several to compare. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-poll/net-support-for-impeachment-grew-steadily-during-u-s-congressional-hearings-poll-shows-idUSKBN1Y02MO

PamP, lenor, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

Am I the only one who's really looking  forward to the T presidency ending just so that we can devote our energy on this forum to subjects that are more worthwhile? 

lenor, herondreams, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@yofisofi

Ar one point early on Jeanne saw Trump creating a false flag event that would generate fear and unrest and therefore allow him to bring out a militia of his own choosing.

But now he's so beaten down physically and mentally unstable  I'm wondering if there's anyone left in command center (his oval office, the only place he trusts) or his own counsel (the only person he trusts) to type out the orders for him like they do his tweets.

PamP, lenor, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@elaineg

To turn your comment full circle,  why wouldn't they be interested in Trump?

Now is the perfect time while he and his office are in lockdown chaos?

And then again, there's always the possibility of an alien abduction. Either to bring him back to the home planet or to do one of those secret probes/implants so many who believe they've been abducted describe.

Oh wait a minute. Maybe he's already an implanted plant pseudo fake president.

DT phone home!

PamP, lenor, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@cindy

I so agree but you have use a beautiful example to describe fae better!

Thank you for the reminder of what I see as the cyclical ever spiraling upwards and stronger path of evoluntionary growth.

PamP, lenor, PamP and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@coyote

You are not alone. I wish we were talking about more important things now.

As far as I'm concerned he's a complete diversion from everything we all should be focusing on now. 

Coyote:

"looking  forward to the T presidency ending just so that we can devote our energy on this forum to subjects that are more worthwhile?"

lenor, Coyote, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 99 / 166
Share: