The Unraveling -- D...

Notifications
Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump

KB
(@kb)
Prominent Member Registered

Hi friends, 
For anyone with the time and interest, this is to draw your attention to two publicly-available resources about the dark state of our government, how we got here, and a little bit about what we can do about it.  They're both quite sobering and really worth your while.  I stumbled across them this weekend, and was blown away by the exposure to so much relevant content that I haven't heard before.  

#1)  Gaslight Nation Podcasts (available wherever you get podcasts)
These podcasts are presented and published by Andrea Chalupa and Sarah Kendzior, two supremely qualified women who are horrified by the gaslighting and lying put  out by our government and by the under reporting of critical issues by mainstream media.  I highly recommend these 4 interview podcasts: 
- Craig Unger - Kleptocracy
- Malcolm Nance - Part 1 and Part 2 of Asymmetric Warfare
- The interview with Reality Winner's mother.  Reality Winner is the 20-something year old woman who was convicted and harshly imprisoned for whistleblowing one piece of information about Russia's role in rigging the 2016 election.

#2) Thom Hartmann Program on YouTube - I highly recommend any of Thom's conversations with Lamar Waldron, but especially the one about the JFK Assassiation, which highlights the same kind of coverups. lying and corruption we're seeing today.  It links the reasons for maintaining the coverup to trump and Barr.  

Lilinoe, lenor, Michele and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@kb

Amazing how the truth eventually comes out and often full circle to current events

Thanks for the links!

And I now see that there's also a book by

Malcolm Nance and Thom Hartman on the JFK assassination.

https://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Secrecy-Long-Shadow-Assassination/dp/1582435359

Lilinoe, lenor, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@lynnventura

I'm catching up on posts since I've been away - sadly I feel as you do. No one seems to be watching, Fox is not reporting it correctly, and people are saying they're bored.

ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

Federal judge orders Don McGahn to testify. The ruling may be appealed, but it's ultimately a losing appeal (in my opinion). We could see a damn breaking in terms of witnesses testifying.  I'm recalling Bluebelle's (I think) prediction from several months ago about how people will end up testifying rather than go to jail. This could be the start of it. 

BlueBelle, TriciaCT, Baba and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Today some timeline readings I did in 2014 and 2017 while on retreat just popped out of my files while I was looking for something.

They provide perspective on the present because readings can be more pure when your head is not full of the present situation.  

The reading shows lightning hitting the Capitol in 2017 with a phone off the hook. I wrote, "the Capitol, ruled by money and greed." 

Then I saw stress levels hitting incredible heights in late 2019 and 2020. We all feel this stress now. We are so in it, aren't we?  Good thing my long term readings show the stress subsiding after 2020 and even more so after 2025, although once the progressives get back into power, there will be huge challenges to survive the new hostile earth under climate change. 

In another reading done in 2017 also on retreat and on a paper towel, I saw that in 2019 Donald Trump would become frozen, silent, and mainly only  a post office address.

But then I saw him again in 2020 (damn) and he had become a giant mouse (a rodent), sitting with enormous front hooves and I wrote, "he's not human."  Of course Trump himself is a human but  I think the mouse is partly about his character and also about his computer and the tweeting that dominates his leadership. I noticed today that Bin predicted that in 2020 he would go on a tweeting rampage.

For 2021, I saw an elephant with a candidate riding it but the candidate was turned backwards.   Unsure how to interpret this but before people start worrying they should see Bluebelle’s post after this one. 

In 2024 I saw throngs of people cheering, and in 2025  I saw Che Guevara appearing on horseback. 

Attaching a photo of the first reading which was scribbled on a paper towel. 

herondreams, Lawrence, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@jeanne-mayell

Look at Hong Kong they had a massive voter turnout. That’s what we need here. I think  Nov 2020 elections is going to be one to remember. People fighting to save democracy and the right wing bat sh..t crazies trying to keep T and company 

Sunday’s District Council elections produced landslide victories for pro-democracy candidates, j

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/11/26/hong-kong-citizens-just-voted-more-democracy-what-happens-now/%3foutputType=amp

Lilinoe, Coyote, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell

In reading your visions from 2014 and 2017, my vision from our October 9th small group session comes to mind:  

• Red balloons, representing the extreme right wing party, lifting up into the air and floating away. They are blowing away.  I see elephants, a GOP symbol, rampaging across the land in a fury, dust arising from all their actions. (Bluebelle)

What I should have clarified is that the rampaging elephants were stampeding away, not running towards me.  They were kicking up clouds of dust, their big ears were flapping, their trunks trumpeting.  They were going away, just like the balloons.

What we are seeing in the Republicans’ actions right now is a lot of drama, hot air, and fury.  Underlying all their blustering is fear.

Michele, Lilinoe, lenor and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@bluebelle

So your vision fits my elephant and the candidate sitting on him but turned backwards. I had thought it meant that the candidate wins and his vision is to turn the country backwards in time to an earlier era. DT has said his MAGA means reverting back to the 1950's, a time of white male supremacy, misogyny  and racism. 

Lilinoe, lenor, Baba and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

I remember reading some of the early predictions (during 2017) and one that stood out to me was a prediction that the 2018 elections would be rigged, and that people would be really disillusioned. That predictions freaked me out at the time. Now, some elections clearly were rigged (GA, FL), but the blue wave was intense. So, I think that despite the GOP appearing dominant now, strong public opinion and a galvanized electorate can make a difference. The future is fluid, for the bad and the good.

Lilinoe, lenor, Baba and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

Happy New Moon!

Today:
Kyle Griffin/MSNBC: 

Lilinoe, lenor, herondreams and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@lawrence

There were two recent polls that showed Trump gained over dems, one was Marquette polling for Wisconsin (showing Trump would win over any dem candidate there) and the other was a general election poll by Emerson showing the only candidate to be even one + from Trump was Bernie.

Trump didn't have the advantage in Wisconsin a month prior (before impeachment briefings on air).

When I read these I just felt they were not accurate, and even fraudulent. I'm not sure but that's my intuition speaking. I'd like to know if you or anyone else here has an opinion about that too.

here's the link to the polls:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/elections/

BlueBelle, Lilinoe, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

@jessi1978

One of the main drivers of the pro-democracy politicians’ success in Hong Kong on Sunday was unexpectedly high turnout among younger voters. I’ve often thought of how the 2020 election will be the first presidential election in which Gen Z will be able to come out in droves. That, combined with newly energized millennials, could have big implications for how the races pivot.

Michele, BlueBelle, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yofisofi)
Noble Member Registered

Maybe this deserves its own thread, but I am very concerned about the shenanigans twitler is pulling with the Navy. It is clear he is taking steps to build a militia that is loyal to him.

BlueBelle, Lilinoe, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

T always fails at everything he does. And there goes his Presidency. 

Had a vision two days ago. T had a rope around his neck and the other end was held up in the air by him. He will and has always has hung himself. Totally self-destructive.

FEBbby23, LalaBella, BlueBelle and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

A poly sci professor I know told me not to put too much stock in polls.  1st of all look at who is taking them, 2nd who are they polling and lastly because of 1 and2 polls can be manipulated.  I take heart in the people I know who are long time Republicans who wish they had never heard of Drump!  A lot of military vets I know are really mad about how he tries to manipulate his image asa great military leader.  They think he is a traitor and a joke.  Moscow Mitch is polling at 18% in Ky.  I doubt if that’s accurate but I don’t think it is too far off.  He’s shown his true colors and they don’t sit well with a lot of folks here.  One interesting fact re: the governor’s election here, counties in Eastern (ie coal country) and Northern Ky voted Blue for the first time in decades.  I believe the tide is turning but it is going to depend on the Dems candidate and how united a front we present.  Jordon, Nunes and miss Lyndsey aren’t doing themselves any favors with there behavior.  Collins, Paul and Mittens can’t decide which side of their mouths to speak out of.  They make the Dems like Pelosi and Shiff (sp?) look rock steady and even more sane.  As far as which of Drumps ex cabinet members will testify, I think that depends on who Drump pissed off the most.  Sad but true.  I’m not psychic but I believe we will start to hear more from a group I heard about a few months ago.  They are a group of conservative high profiles who have formed an anti Drump association calling for the “the right and truth of law”.  They are lawyers and ex political figures who believe 5his administration has repeatedly broken the law.  
no matter what we are in for a long tough year.  

PamP, BlueBelle, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yofisofi)
Noble Member Registered

@lawrence

With regards to your statement that "T always fails at everything he does", I have to disagree -- he got the presidency, he has the Republicans wrapped around his little finger, and he has his base hypnotized. He has the backing, possibly the resources, and probably also the counsel of strategic master chessplayer Putin. What's next -- a violent trumpist militia staging a coup? I can't help thinking of The Handmaid's Tale. Are we frogs being slowly boiled?

PamP, LalaBella, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@yofisofi

I take the long view. Live in NYC and have seen that everything he touches dies. I am not fearful because I've watched this clown for years. The Presidency is the worst thing that could have ever happened to him. He could have stayed under the radar but is now being busted on his many years of criminal activity. And he's physically disintegrating before our eyes.

PamP, Michele, LalaBella and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@yogagirl

I agree I think people are getting tired of T and company. Right after the election and for awhile I would read a new paper article about him and his cronies and the comments were more pro him. Now after 3 years of his tyranny the tides are turning I see more anti t comment then for him. Also he is getting booed now and Melaria was just booed today

First lady Melania Trump took her "Be Best" initiative to the Baltimore area on Tuesday, where she was met with a chorus of boos from attendees at a youth summit aimed at raising awareness about the nation's opioid crisis.

The heckling lasted for about one minute, according to CNN's Kate Bennett, who was in the room. But the audience remained raucous, audibly speaking over her remarks throughout her brief speech to the B'More Youth Summit.

PamP, LalaBella, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I tend to agree with Lawrence’s view. Everything T. touches dies. His presidency would have been much worse if he were competent at anything other than sabotaging himself. Because he is so ego driven, he constantly signals all of the bad things that he is doing. I am not minimizing how awful it is now, but I firmly believe that he will manage to have himself taken out of power sooner rather than later due to his own hubris. Even if he wanted to stay in power, I don’t think he will be able to endure physically or mentally.
The most frustrating part of the last several years has been watching the blatant criminality and wondering why I am seeing it and others are seemingly not - or don’t care about it. I feel like we have started on the downhill side of the rollercoaster. It will still be unsettling, but I think and hope that people’s eyes are starting to open. 

PamP, BlueBelle, Lilinoe and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@baba

Agree. Not only has he "hung" himself, he's destroying the GOP.

I feel he's barely physical functioning by May 2020. That's why we're seeing the WH statements he taken to his private quarters. We also have never heard an honest evaluation of his hospital trip. 

PamP, BlueBelle, Lilinoe and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 98 / 166
Share: