The Unraveling -- D...

Notifications
Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump

(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

This spell bad news for his awesome so smart administration: 

NEW: A federal whistleblower alleges that staffers from the Trump administration were “improperly deployed” and were not trained in wearing personal protective equipment before they assisted Americans evacuated from Wuhan, China.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/02/27/us-workers-without-protective-gear-assisted-coronavirus-evacuees-hhs-whistleblower-says/%3foutputType=amp

Officials at the Department of Health and Human Services sent more than a dozen workers to receive the first Americans evacuated from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, without proper training for infection control or appropriate protective gear, according to a whistleblower complaint.

The workers did not show symptoms of infection and were not tested for the virus,according to lawyers for the whistleblower, who is a senior HHS official based in Washington who oversees workers at the Administration for Children and Families, a unit within HHS.

PamP, deetoo, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I believe there are predictions of a US that is more locally centered, less nationally in the future  I believe we are entering that time.  Baby steps likely, but perhaps some leaps as well.  

Watch for it.

This virus paired with this administration is going to make states, counties  and cities be more self reliant and creative.  San Francisco showed that by declaring a preventative emergency. yesterday.  Watch for more local governments taking the lead or even bucking what the national government says.  The National Government will not have credibility in the US so the states, counties  and cities will be creating their own responses.  The Mayors will have  conference calls with each other.  The governors with each other.  Hospitals with each other.  They will discuss what "they" know.  What works and what doesn't work.  They will think out of the box at some point.

PamP, deetoo, BlueBelle and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures

I live where the CDC is headquartered... it will be interesting to see how it gets handled here in my state.

Lovendures, Lilinoe, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@lovendures  Speaking of Fed versus local government, I called  my local Board of Health today and they said they get all of their information about the virus from the state. So I spoke to an epidemiologist at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health today and ask her.  She said some vague  nothing.  So I asked her who are they testing and where are they getting their information about the incidence of the disease.  

She said they are only testing people who are really sick.  So if someone has the flu but is not critically ill then no test. So if that person has COVID19, they continue spreading it around.  She said they are relying on the CDC for protocols about who to test. She did not know what to say when I told her that Trump has censored the CDC.  

When I went to Boston's Mass General Hospital for a routine post surgical appointment yesterday, they asked me at the reception desk if I had flue symptoms and had been in China.  I said, how is this question going to stop the spread of this disease when people are now getting it who did not go to China?  She just shrugged and said that's what she is supposed to ask. 

So at least for now, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health is not showing that it is acting independently...yet.   San Francisco gives one hope. I wonder about NYC.

PamP, deetoo, Shawn and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)

I just read something that was quite interesting. According to the Constitution, because Trump was impeached, he cannot pardon anyone connected to what he was impeached for. Since the house brought the Mueller investigation into the hearing,  Trump cannot pardon Manafort or Stone or any of his cronies.That explains why Manafort hasn’t been pardoned. Stone won’t be either.

www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/02/27/trump-pardon-roger-stone-constitition-117757

LalaBella, Marley, PamP and 27 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

Since when will anyone pay attention to what's in the Constitution? I certainly hope they aren't pardoned, but this would be the first time someone didn't let him get away with something unconstitutional.

lenor, PamP, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@jeanne-mayell

Wow. The unpreparedness is truly shocking. Thanks for sharing your experience. 

T's trying to suppress the coronavirus experts (CDC) information will turn 85% of Americans against him. It will majorly backfire and wake many citizens up. Finally. 

LalaBella, lenor, PamP and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

Meanwhile in Scotland, there’s a push to investigate Donald Trump’s   acquisition of golf course resort properties there and a suspicion that the purchase was a result of criminal activity.  

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/scots-ministers-told-seek-unexplained-wealth-order-donald-trump-resorts-2001733

Marley, lenor, Tiger-n-Owl and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@jeanne-mayell

I require developing a better bank of vocabulary words because I am consistently at a loss for describing my thoughts and feelings.

I guess I'll go with The Princess Bride on this one.

Inconceivable!

JackofHearts, LalaBella, Unk p and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@lawrence

My husband has a good friend who has been sending him tRumpus propaganda for the past 3 years. He's tried to talk to him and explain reality (the man is older and on medicare) but to no avail. Just the other day this friend actually sent this video to my husband! He is saying that he realizes what a con man and danger he is now. The sending of that note and video shows that there's hope for these T supporters yet! 

The Video is "The day Democracy Died" sung by the "founding fathers" to the Tune of "Bye Bye Miss American Pie".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ue5F57dZMU&feature=youtu.be

LalaBella, Avon, Lilinoe and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

If Twitler is going to fall, why does he keep getting handed victories, like DC appellate ruling that McGahn doesn't have to testify? SO frustrating.

He breaks the law and violates the Constitution daily, and nothing happens.  Pisses me off.

fmabon, TriciaCT, seaturtle26 and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@polarberry It's going to feel like a roller coaster ride for a while. An out of control roller coaster, because the rule of law isn't being adhered to. We will get through this and come out better for it. 

TriciaCT, polarberry, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@triciact, that does my heart good to hear about your husband's friend.  I wonder what broke the  spell for him?  Perhaps a gradual understanding that he had been conned by T?  

TriciaCT, BlueBelle, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

@polarberry

He is still going to get those wins in court from judges he appointed and a few W appointees that have jumped on his bandwagon. Sotomayor called it out for the SCOTUS, which might force Roberts to back off a little for aesthetics, but those wins will continue overall. He has stacked the deck. The only way for him to fall is to do something so egregious or embarrassing that his base finally turns on him. The courts will have nothing to do with it's all his actions and what is leaked that will cause the downfall.

TriciaCT, polarberry, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@mas1581

100% it’s the judges his cronies have passed thru even if they are flawed. The other day he has another win with the courts regarding sanctuary cities saying he can withhold funds. I don’t count them as wins for him. 

I wonder what is going to happen to all these judges and of course the biggest one Supreme Court once T and his cronies are gone. Do you think if there qualifications are lies they told be looked into? I hope. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/court-trump-immigration-sanctuary-cities-565ee05c-46ea-4894-8e1b-52f6a0fde7c8.html

Marley, Lilinoe, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

I know.  I just can't stand him and the bloated, self-righteous gloating he does when he gets away with something yet again.

He reminds me of the Sarlacc in the Great Pit of Carkoon from Return of the Jedi, greedily consuming everything good with no end in sight.

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I pray that the deciding factor will NOT be mass casualities of this new health threat. 

I pray we can survive and thrive, that enough brave health officials will ignore unjust orders and give us the info, it must be so. i will pray for those officials to do whatever they have to to circumvent this new cover up.

I feel positive and am hopeful that we will avert the worst case scenario that is being outlined all over our media. 

I will not give it stregth by speaking on it, as I do not wish to call it into existence. This is where we must shine the light. 

I join you all in shining the light and paving the way for healing for ALL the world and for AMERICA. Long may She live.

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, SisterMoon and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jovesta)
Noble Member Registered

@ghandigirl you must be watching Rachel too huh?  The whole Italy picture is scary... 4% to 12% to who knows.  I hate to say it but I feel that those who will suffer most beyond those poor and unable to seek care, it will be those who buy into the conspiracy theory of the deep state inside the CDC.  They will ignore the warnings and their cult leader will march them to their deaths or at least their infection.  Please people, wake up.

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@amyv

Your "mini-hits" are what many call "godwinks".  Magical in so many ways, these seemingly random synchronicities  are of course not random at all but tiny jolts that help to make us aware of the connectivity and patterns that exist between all of us and everything in this world.

To read our stories and connection check out our Godwinks thread

And other ones listed under the forum heading "Understanding Prophecy and Consciousness" especially "11:11, Pennies, Rainbows and Symbolic Signs from Heaven" 

lenor, Pikake, raindrop and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Deliberately inflicting physical harm on another via any means, including by infection is violence. Scaring a group of people by threatening to do something violent is also a crime. Also please refrain from making negative generalizations about groups of people, including Trump supporters. 

I am sure that many, if not all, progressives have had the fantasy of striking back in some way or other throughout these years. We must not ever do something like that or post about it. 

One of the great inventions of our era is non violent protest.  History has shown it to be the most effective vehicle of change. Think Gandhi, Mandela, and Martin Luther King, Jr.

As for violent protest, I can't think of a single such event that has done nothing but harm to all. 

Violent protest gives your opponent a reason to double down against you.  Violent protest preempts any possibility of reaching an agreement or opening your opponent's eyes. Violent protest will be viewed by authorities as an act of terrorism.

Check out Bill McKibben's thoughts on this subject:  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/20/opinion/sunday/lets-agree-not-to-kill-one-another.html

JackofHearts, lenor, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 145 / 166
Share: