Healthcare repeal/r...

Notifications
Clear all

Healthcare repeal/replace vote is back on the table.

vida
(@vida)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Word on the Hill is that the Senate will reconvene to vote on whether to have yet *another* vote to repeal/replace the ACA. I'm not gonna lie, this has my stomach in knots. If this preliminary vote succeeds, I worry Jeanne's prediction of a happy Mitch McConnell in August will come true by way of the ACA's demise... 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/24/politics/health-care-state-of-play/index.html

ReplyQuote
 KB
(@kb)
Prominent Member Registered

Yeah, Vida, maybe the reason for flying McCain into Washington is because they have the votes.  

ReplyQuote
(@fran)
Noble Member Registered

The motion to debate passed and then mccain criticized the process and said he wouldn't vote for the bill. What in the actual frack. 

ReplyQuote
 vida
(@vida)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

I know. This is it. Unless we obliterate their twitter feeds and voicemail boxes with our discontent and opposition, this thing will go through. I'm so angry at McCain, I could spit. 

ReplyQuote
(@warriorwitch)
Honorable Member Registered

In the end, McCain voted no. The look on McConnell's face was priceless.

But now I'm wondering what McCain's end game was. He could've end the whole thing with no vote to stop discussion. Instead, discussion was opened only for him to have the deciding vote after all. VP Mike Pence was seen talking to McCain about 10-15 minutes before he gave his vote, too.

I suspect the No vote was a revenge thing against Trump. Especially if Pence's speech was a last minute "win one for the president" cheering on.

ReplyQuote
Share: